Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2017, 16:53   #301
BANNED

Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazy82 View Post
Total kms done is 18000km.
North bound trip had loads of toll as we went through Haryana, roads are good but expensive tolls. However milage drops when throttled speeds to 120kmph.
There is a lot of tire life left in 4 of your tires and since they are OE Apollos, there is no point in changing all of them at this point. Buy another Apollo and put it and the stepney(which I presume is as good as new), on one axle, and put the other two on the other axle and the remaining tire as a spare.

That apart, the FE you've mentioned is standard. It does drop below 10kmpl at speeds above 120kmph. You can use System-D to slightly improve it, but only slightly.
Old 25th January 2017, 18:55   #302

Thanks Dev will do as you have suggested, I will get an OE apollo tyre and put it on the rear along side the one changed. BTW what should be the km to change the tyres, I know it's not a standard as it depends on the wear and tear which is not uniform for all vehicles and depends on the driving styles too. But a general idea is good enough.
Old 25th January 2017, 21:14   #303
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazy82 View Post
But a general idea is good enough.
Ideally, SUV tires should last around 60k kms. A friend and a Pajero Sport owner changed his tires yesterday at 64k km. They were Apollo Apterras too.

The ideal tire pressure is 33 PSI all round.

Hope this helps.
Old 29th January 2017, 19:59   #304
BHPian

Hello friends, been through the thread with interest .
I appreciate the efforts put by Anshuman to highlight the Pajerosport.

I am also a very proud owner of the Pajerosport and its been 3 years and 45,000 km and the SUV just goes on and on and I am very happy with my choice. Service has never been an issue and over the last 3 years, I never once had, even a fleeting thought of upgrading or buying another car.
I intend to keep on using it and even after 3 years ,the looks are contemporary and fresh.

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review-pajero.jpg

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review-pajero-x.jpg

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review-pajero-grass-neaty.jpg

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review-near-house.jpg

Last edited by mohan : 29th January 2017 at 20:17.
mohan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 09:00   #305
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan View Post
I am also a very proud owner of the Pajerosport and its been 3 years and 45,000 km
Greetings!

When did you upgrade to Bravo 771 AT's? How are they?
Old 30th January 2017, 15:32   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Greetings!

When did you upgrade to Bravo 771 AT's? How are they?
Hello Sheel, Happy New Year.

I changed to Bravo series after doing a 5000 km stint on the stock Apollos .

I do a mixed driving ,with long stretches of gravelly unpaved winding roads to my farm .

I found the Apollos ,poor on unpaved and wet roads with reduced cornering abilities . (don't blame them though since they were HT's which came stock ).
The Bravo has a very good grip and I can drive the car ,really fast , make sharp curves on gravel and slippery roads whilst on the AWD mode .

There is a downside though, albeit small ,the highway noise of these tires ,not torublesome at all ,but nevertheless present . Safety for me was the primary concern and the ability to hold on to the dirt road at high speeds.

After 40k the tires seem they can run easily for another 20k or so of kilometres.

I would highly recommend these tires.

Last edited by mohan : 30th January 2017 at 15:34.
mohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 13:58   #307
BHPian

Thanks for your updates, Mohan. Always good to see the Pajero Sport family grow.

Some updates from my side: went over to Chikmagalur from Bangalore. As always, the car drove beautifully. Drove over to some coffee estates over some non existent roads. Pajero made it feel as if the roads did exist

I used the cruise control (thanks to Devdath) extensively on the Bangalore-Mangalore highway. I specially like its 'Resume' function - it takes me back to the last cruising speed automatically from any lower speed. Makes it so much more fun and easy to drive on the highway. At nice high speeds (I covered the distance in about 5 hours), I managed to get a fuel economy slightly above 10kmpl. I continue to use System D, and am very happy with the overall experience - safe, sound, commanding and quite fast!
Old 7th February 2017, 11:57   #308

Thanks Dev, I put falcon AT on the Stepney the tire is good and comes recommended from a school friend who has opted for these on his XUV. The best part is the price 12750, and it comes with a warranty usable anywhere in India. So for now will use this as a spare, the dealer has assured that the tire is good for 60000 km.
Filled up all tires with nitrogen @33 psi at this pressure the ride quality is considerably different(good). Was using 30-32 psi before.

Good snaps, seems the old models of the sport came with body coloured bumpers and mudflaps they look fab. New models don't have the body coloured flaps and bumpers, even the fog lamp sockets are black in the newer ones

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by SDP : 7th February 2017 at 12:05. Reason: merging back to back posts
Old 8th February 2017, 13:40   #309

Oops, Moderator your comments duly noted. Will promptly follow rules next time onwards.
Old 24th February 2017, 17:54   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
You are pretty clear in your decision.

Waiting periods are are very low. What color are you looking at?

Let me know what the dealer tells you and I will put a word to the Co if required.
Hello Devdath & Anshuman,

One of my friend is looking for a pre-owned Pajero Sport in Bangalore.
I am posting on behalf of him since he is not a member here. He is looking for less than 5 years old model which is in good condition & neatly maintained. MT/AT & 2x4/4x4 anything is fine. Not very particular about that part. Do you have any idea of what would be the approx range for Pajero Sport in pre-owned market? Also, any suggestion on what is the best channel to buy? Pre-owned showrooms OR online listings? Honest feedback is highly appreciated in this regard. He is a die hard Pajero fan Thanks in advance

NOTE for Mods: If this is not the right section to post, please move it to appropriate thread.
Old 24th February 2017, 20:29   #311
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAHS View Post
One of my friend is looking for a pre-owned Pajero Sport in Bangalore. He is looking for less than 5 years old model which is in good condition & neatly maintained. MT/AT & 2x4/4x4 anything is fine.
15-18 lac INR is a good ball park figure to play around with. Also, individual owned vehicles are generally better than dealer listed. A thorough search on OLX, CarWale and CarTrade should get him good leads. I can help him evaluate the vehicle once shortlisted if needed.
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 18:16   #312
BHPian

I was on my way from Mumbai to Pune earlier this week and during the Lonavala Ghat section, I started feeling that the engine was not producing enough power. In few minutes I also realised that the mileage dropped from 10.xx to 7.xx on the display.

After I climbed the ghat and crossed Lonavala, the check engine light came on. I figured that I did not have the wrong "feeling" of not having enough power. The power was reduced, and most probably turbo was not spooling.

Stopped the car, checked the manual. Decided to drive slow at around 80/90. Reached home without any drama.

Took the car to Pethkar Motors yesterday. They quickly diagnosed and said that MAT Sensor was malfunctioning. I could not exactly see what they did to clean it, however they "cleaned it" and everything was normal. Took a test drive and everything was OK.

I did some goole on MAT sensor, however I don't know what could have gone wrong and if there is a possibility that this will ever come back.

By the way, the car is 1 Yr 9 months old, has done 12K running (weekend ride), and regular service has been done. I am a sedate driver, and only during this trip I hit 120/130 on the expressway. Wife said that is the reason for the MAT sensor to fail

Just wanted to post so that the community knows what happened and if someone can provide any explanation/theory about what could have gone wrong.

Thanks!
Auto_Fan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2017, 14:24   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto_Fan View Post
By the way, the car is 1 Yr 9 months old, has done 12K running (weekend ride), and regular service has been done. I am a sedate driver, and only during this trip I hit 120/130 on the expressway. Wife said that is the reason for the MAT sensor to fail

Just wanted to post so that the community knows what happened and if someone can provide any explanation/theory about what could have gone wrong.

Thanks!
Thanks for sharing the experience, Auto_Fan. Anyone who owns a Pajero Sport can testify that 120-130 is a pretty sedate speed for the vehicle; it can push higher speeds for the whole day without issues. Dev has driven his vehicle from Bangalore all the way to the Himalayas at these speeds, without any issues. So this cant be the reason for sure.

For the actual reason, Dev is better placed than us to answer. I will try hunting around as well - lets see!
Old 27th February 2017, 15:47   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
15-18 lac INR is a good ball park figure to play around with. Also, individual owned vehicles are generally better than dealer listed. A thorough search on OLX, CarWale and CarTrade should get him good leads. I can help him evaluate the vehicle once shortlisted if needed.
Hello Dev, Thanks for the quick response. Sure, I have updated him on your feedback. Your expertise will certainly help in evaluating the vehicle & we will surely need your help on that.
Will keep you posted on the proceedings. Thanks much in advance
Old 27th February 2017, 18:52   #315
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto_Fan View Post
Took the car to Pethkar Motors yesterday. They quickly diagnosed and said that MAT Sensor was malfunctioning.
Are you sure it was the MAT sensor and not the MAF sensor?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks