Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2014, 16:27   #31
BHPian

re: VW Vento 1.5L Diesel DSG Comfortline (Automatic) - The Roadrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejeen View Post
Vento TSI sounds like the perfect choice for you. Regarding the ICE, I'm thinking of RCD 510 (Bosch) + Bluetooth module as other threads here says about UI sluggishness in Philadelphia 835.
Isn't a remap risky considering the history of 7-speed DSG as it'll void the warranty? I wouldn't do it at least for 2 years till there is more user reviews available about DSG's reliability and would also get used to its stock power so that any increase in power and performance can be more enjoyable
You cannot remap the diesel DSG as it is already at the torque limit of the gearbox (250nm). As far as the TSI is concerned one can safely remap it as the torque of the stock map is 175nm hence a cool 75nm to play around with. One can easily remap the TSI to beat the Jetta TSI specifications (120 bhp and 200nm torque i think) and get really close to the Octavia 1.4 TSI specifications.

Look forward to the HU installation. Please post all details including costs when you do go for it. All the best!

Last edited by miharbe : 30th October 2014 at 16:29.
miharbe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 17:04   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
You cannot remap the diesel DSG as it is already at the torque limit of the gearbox (250nm). As far as the TSI is concerned one can safely remap it as the torque of the stock map is 175nm hence a cool 75nm to play around with. One can easily remap the TSI to beat the Jetta TSI specifications (120 bhp and 200nm torque i think) and get really close to the Octavia 1.4 TSI specifications.

Look forward to the HU installation. Please post all details including costs when you do go for it. All the best!
My comments about was about TSI(ie I wouldn't do it for 2 years). Yes, with the diesel I'll keep it stock. Hope to put in an order with Ali express soon for the HU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Congratulation Rejeen!

Good to see the first vento DSG on tbhp. Excellent choice of color as well. Looks rich! I'm sure you are thoroughly enjoy the DSG. Wishing you miles of safe and niggle free ownership.
Thanks Amarendranath.
rejeen is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2014, 21:03   #33
BHPian

Update:
  • ODO at 758KMs (drove 722KMs after previous tankful)
  • Filled 50.8L of diesel for Rs.2888
  • Mileage: 14.2KM/l (tankful to tankful) with AC always ON.
  • Haven't tried "S" mode yet.
  • Spare key is available with the dealer now. Have to get it this week.
  • Brakes seem to be getting better(not sure if this is just my "feeling").
  • OEM alloys seem to be too expensive - could be approx 75K for a set of 4 . Definitely not getting it at that price. Highline should be real value for money!
  • Also need to find a good Art leather shop for seat covers as beige will get dirty with monsoon in Kerala. No budget to buy leather covers for now.
  • Got this thru a friend.
Old 3rd November 2014, 22:17   #34
BHPian

That's a decent fuel consumption figure.
Post 1500 kms (running in period) it will definitely increase.
Vento does not come with temperature gauge, is there a coolant temperature reading option on the MID?
How's the dsg ?
Any jerkiness in city traffic or in lower gears?

Last edited by ishlinea7260 : 3rd November 2014 at 22:24.
ishlinea7260 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2014, 23:42   #35
BHPian

Great review! Wish you a million miles ahead of troublefree driving.

Completed 27,000 Km on my Vento Highline TDI 2011 model and it was due for 3rd service. I was completely surprised by the quality and attention given to my by the VW workshop in my area (Rohailkhand Automobiles, Bareilly, U.P). They have improved so much that I am tempted to buy another VW vehicle. The staff and mechanics were so co operative, I was pleased by their attention! The car is running super smooth and hasnt aged a day.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Vento 1.5L Diesel DSG Comfortline (Automatic) - The Roadrunner-20141103_155529.jpg  

harsh.m06 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2014, 14:57   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
That's a decent fuel consumption figure.
Post 1500 kms (running in period) it will definitely increase.
Vento does not come with temperature gauge, is there a coolant temperature reading option on the MID?
How's the dsg ?
Any jerkiness in city traffic or in lower gears?
More is better, in terms of mileage. Hope it'll increase as you said.
DSG is pretty smooth in upshifts and downshifts. Haven't noticed anything uncomfortable or jerkiness so far having driven only in D mode.
Yes, it has coolant temp displayed on MID and also the outside temperature. Coolant temp is always 90 degrees once the engine is warmed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh.m06 View Post
Great review! Wish you a million miles ahead of troublefree driving.

Completed 27,000 Km on my Vento Highline TDI 2011 model and it was due for 3rd service. I was completely surprised by the quality and attention given to my by the VW workshop in my area (Rohailkhand Automobiles, Bareilly, U.P). They have improved so much that I am tempted to buy another VW vehicle. The staff and mechanics were so co operative, I was pleased by their attention! The car is running super smooth and hasnt aged a day.
Your car looks great and has a classic color. Looks like you got very good service from VW. What do you do to keep it in good shape? Any tips appreciated since you've a long history with the Vento

Thanks for your wishes harish.m06
Old 4th November 2014, 15:50   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejeen View Post
Your car looks great and has a classic color. Looks like you got very good service from VW. What do you do to keep it in good shape? Any tips appreciated since you've a long history with the Vento

Thanks for your wishes harish.m06
You're most welcome. As far as upkeep is concerned, I do nothing special. F1 wash and wax shampoo with 2 bucket method every week or sometimes twice a week. Everything is running smooth and as it should. Few quirks that I would like to share with every other vento owner :

(1) The nose is pointy and low. Due to this, I got my radiator frame broken twice. Also the road conditions are pretty bad in U.P. It costs around ₹2600 to change the frame. I guess its a common problem with most diesel ventos. The diesel variant being nose heavy, tends to bounce off at speedbreakers.

(2) Squeaks from doors : Only solution and the best one ; Use WD40 regularly on all door rubber beadings to avoid squeaks.

(3) Low hanging mudflaps : Completely useless. They scrape even at minor undulations when car in under load and tend to break very easily.

(4) Front suspension creates annoying 'knock' type sound on sharp bumps.

(5) Last winter due to low battery, the console started popping up ABS and Handbrake light during cold crank. The lights disappeared soon after the engine was fired up. The problem sorted out on its own when I got the battery charged through external sources.

Apart from a few niggles that every car has, Vento has proved to me a very reliable companion and effortless highway commuter. Looking forward to buy the GT TSI for daily city drives.

Tyres are due for upgrade on my Vento. Will be getting 195/60 R15 Yoko C drives. Currently on crappy stock JKs
Old 5th November 2014, 02:38   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will be getting 195/60 R15 Yoko C drives. Currently on crappy stock JKs
Yoko C drives have soft side walls and given U.P. bad roads, it would be a poor choice. Also Yokohama wouldn't honor sidewall bubble and cuts for replacement as its not a manufacturing defect/fault.

My advice would be to go for either:
1. Michelin XM2 195 60 R15
2. Michelin P3ST 195 60 R15
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 11:57   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Yoko C drives have soft side walls and given U.P. bad roads, it would be a poor choice. Also Yokohama wouldn't honor sidewall bubble and cuts for replacement as its not a manufacturing defect/fault.

My advice would be to go for either:
1. Michelin XM2 195 60 R15
2. Michelin P3ST 195 60 R15
I thought this a while ago and asked few of my friends who have been using the c drives. Seems like they are doing fine but since I don't want to take any risks, I'll check out the above mentioned ones soon! Thanks!
Old 5th November 2014, 16:58   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnarenderdutt View Post
3.When you stop at a red light, either you shift gear to parking position or keep brake depressed all the time. In case there is a mishap or near collision, car may keep crawling if driver is injured or confused and does not keep constant pressure on the brakes after initial braking. Their executive informed me Jetta has this feature that if the car comes to a complete stop once, it will not move till you hit the gas pedal.
Pulling the handbrake also gets the car into neutral, so for long stop lights you can just use the handbrake with the car in D, as soon as you get a green and release it the gear is engaged, and you start crawling forward at a low speed.

Rahul
Old 5th November 2014, 17:04   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
Pulling the handbrake also gets the car into neutral, so for long stop lights you can just use the handbrake with the car in D, as soon as you get a green and release it the gear is engaged, and you start crawling forward at a low speed.

Rahul
Pulling the handbrake while the tranny is in D mode would not serve any purpose apart from undue stress on the tranny.
Best way to go about on long delays at traffic signals is shift to N and apply handbrake.
ishlinea7260 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 17:19   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pulling the handbrake while the tranny is in D mode would not serve any purpose apart from undue stress on the tranny.
Best way to go about on long delays at traffic signals is shift to N and apply handbrake.
No Sir, the TCU of a DSG is connected to the handbrake light switch, and it disengages to neutral as soon as you pull up the handbrake. Not only with VW it is same with my Ecosport AT too, infact if you lightly pull the handbrake which does not apply enough pressure on the rear brake shoes the car can roll back on a light grade, where as without the Handbrake it will crawl ahead.

Most of the older TC autoboxes do not have this.

Rahul
Old 5th November 2014, 17:25   #43
BHPian

I cannot say for Ecosport AT as I have never driven the same, but I have fairly driven Skoda DSG and that is not the case here.
As the 7 speed DSG tranny is shared between VAG counterparts,according to my experience even if one applies handbrake while the vehicle is in D the MID flashes "Release parking brake" or some similar message, and the car still tries to lurch forward.
It does not disengage the gear.
ishlinea7260 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 02:51   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Apart from a few niggles that every car has, Vento has proved to me a very reliable companion and effortless highway commuter.
Thanks Harsh.m06
Quote:
Tried this yesterday and . The handbrake under "D" mode doesn't disengage the gear. With D mode and handbrakre applied, the car tries to pull ahead once I tried to release the brake pedal.
Old 7th November 2014, 08:21   #45
BHPian

The Jetta & Passat have an "AUTO HOLD" feature where the brakes are applied once the car comes to a dead stop in D mode. You can then lift your foot from the brake pedal and the car will not move until you hit the accelerator pedal.

It is advisable to shift the car into N at long signals, etc and apply the hand brake or use the Auto Hold feature (if present). This will put less strain on the clutch and lengthen the life of the transmission.
rpunwani is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks