Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2015, 01:38   #61
BHPian

re: VW Vento 1.5L Diesel DSG Comfortline (Automatic) - The Roadrunner

Congratulations on your new ride Rajeen!
I'm a bit surprised to see the Climatronic air-conditioning in your vehicle, since it is a comfortline variant.
Correct me if I'm wrong!
Or, does even the comfortline variant posses climatronic?
Dushyanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2015, 23:23   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushyanth View Post
Congratulations on your new ride Rajeen!
I'm a bit surprised to see the Climatronic air-conditioning in your vehicle, since it is a comfortline variant.
Correct me if I'm wrong!
Or, does even the comfortline variant posses climatronic?
Thanks Dushyanth. Yes, the Climatronic AC is there in CL variant too. Check under the standard features tab - the last point.

http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/model...rtline-at.html
Old 18th April 2015, 14:11   #63
Senior - BHPian

Hi Rejeen,

What is your feedback about the stock Apollo Alnac tyres ?
How is the car doing ?

Regards,
F150
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2015, 23:41   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Hi Rejeen,

What is your feedback about the stock Apollo Alnac tyres ?
How is the car doing ?

Regards,
F150
They're average according to my experience and comparing with what others have reported on the T-BHP favs. Tyre noise is there and grip is good, not great. They're good set of tyres for normal sedate driving.

The mileage is around 15KM/l. For about a month now I've become a sedate driver and is seeing reading ranging from 18KM/l to 20.5 KM/l with 100% AC ON. I guess better days are ahead
The roadrunner had gone thru some beautification recently.
  1. Fitted old model alloys from VW at a bargain price comparing what they charge for the new ones.
  2. Added door sills.
  3. Upgraded ICE to Philadelphia 835. VW guys had to use ISO Type connector for it. Looks like I'm losing out on some features that comes with Canbus.
  4. Added Reverse Camera.
  5. Put on VW seat covers as the fabric ones were getting dirty
Thanks to John Paul (EVM VW). As always he was there to help with coordinating and getting the right people for all the above work . He's been excellent in all our interactions from the day we first met, when I did my test drive and done the booking. Mithun from the Accessories section was also nice to deal with.

The 7500 Checkup was done. Engine oil and coolant was topped up. Some lubrication was done on the door handles. The car was washed and delivered after checking for any error codes. This was explained to me by Mr.Ejin (VW Cochin) who was in charge of the service. Will see how it goes with the first service in another 6 months time.

Here's the damage done to my wallet :
  1. Seat Cover + Fixing charge: 8450
  2. Philadelphia 835 + labour charges: 43,959
  3. Alloys : 12, 400
  4. Reverse Cam: 2725
  5. Door Sill: 950
  6. Labour charge for 3, 4 and 5 (I guess): 335
Had to replace one of my tail lamps that broke accidentally. Only the outer glass was broken but VW replaces the entire assembly since it is a single unit. The labour part is high according to me and I have no clue about the tail light price being normal or high.

1750 (light assembly) + 236(labour)

Will post pictures during the weekend.

Last edited by rejeen : 26th April 2015 at 23:44.
Old 27th June 2015, 01:18   #65
BHPian

Thought would bump up this thread. My night blue DSG also nearing 7000km. Highly satisfied with the performance of the car. BTW, please post the pictures of seat cover as me too is contemplating on that. Here is my ride with Team BHP sticker on it...

VW Vento 1.5L Diesel DSG Comfortline (Automatic) - The Roadrunner-imageuploadedbyteambhp1435348050.598044.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th June 2015 at 06:28. Reason: Spacing.
shasha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 16:48   #66
BHPian

Dear Sir,

Since you are driving a DSG model, could you please inform if you have faced any issues with the DQ200 Gearbox, that have been highlighted ad-nauseum in this forum and elsewhere.

Thanks in advance in anticipation of your reply.

Regards
SR71A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 23:18   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasha View Post
Thought would bump up this thread. My night blue DSG also nearing 7000km. Highly satisfied with the performance of the car. BTW, please post the pictures of seat cover as me too is contemplating on that.
Nice pic. Sorry for my much delayed response. Guess you would've added the seat covers by now and been happy with the same .
Please update with your experience too as that would be helpful for existing and prospective owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71A View Post
Dear Sir,

Since you are driving a DSG model, could you please inform if you have faced any issues with the DQ200 Gearbox, that have been highlighted ad-nauseum in this forum and elsewhere.

Thanks in advance in anticipation of your reply.

Regards
Have driven more than 14,000 KMs so far. No issues so far with the gearbox or anything else. I wonder why more people don't buy this gem of a car at this price range. Will be 1 year this October and time for the first service (15,000 Kms or 1 Year). Will update with details of the same after the service.
rejeen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 21:58   #68
BHPian

[quote=rejeen;3796121]Nice pic. Sorry for my much delayed response. Guess you would've added the seat covers by now and been happy with the same .
Please update with your experience too as that would be helpful for existing and prospective owners.

No Rejeen, didn't buy the seat covers yet. Keeping the beige tidy is definitely a demanding task. Enjoying the drive to the fullest at present. She has crossed 11000 km in these 5 months. It has been so addictive that driving my i10 or wifey's Swift suddenly feels cumbersome. Any type of driving - whether aggressive or sedative- has become a few times easier. Planning to come up with a detailed review soon.
shasha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 17:59   #69
BHPian

The RoadRunner has been kept idle nowadays at my home state of Kerala as I work in Bangalore. Recently completed 1 Year and the first paid service done. It has run about 16K KMs till now.

Looks like the minimum amount for the service is around 10K and I had also done a complete interior cleaning as the beige had accumulated dirt/dust. That was an additional 2.5K (approx) to the service bill.

EVM VW did a good job with the interior cleaning. But the overall service experience was just average as the service center/advisor doesn't seem to care much and seems to go through the motions like a robot - I mean there was nothing wrong, but lack of a personal(car) care.

Have my old Getz in Bangalore which is getting really old. Looking for a replacement. Thinking of getting a TSI, but the Bangalore traffic and tax is making me consider a pre-worshipped option as well.
Old 12th June 2016, 11:48   #70
BHPian

Re: VW Vento 1.5L Diesel DSG Comfortline (Automatic) - The Roadrunner

Time for some updates - some good and some really bad. Bad is not because of the car though (it is still a GREAT car).

Bad part:
While driving from Kerala to Bangalore a couple of weeks back, the car and I had met with an unfortunate accident. Someone or something had dropped a number of big stones on the highway between Dharmapuri and Krishnagiri. It was on a curve and therefore couldn't be spotted from a distance. The front and rear right tyres went over the sharp stones and high speeds. Damages: Front alloy got bent and tyre burst with a cut. Rear alloy had some severe scratches on the inside which were noticed only a week later when I went to fix the damage. There were a few other cars there that got punctures/damages. Informed a puncture/truck repair shop about a KM from there and he was a nice guy(some party local leader) who immediately informed the Toll booth and ensured the police would be informed.

The spare wheel was used to reach Bangalore. It's one size small and had a max speed marking of 80KM/hr
As updated previously, the OEM alloys were procured from the dealer when the new model came out and they had a stockpile of old ones. It costed only about 15K for a set of 4. Now, it would cost 10K for ONE (as per EVM Cochin) and there is no ready stock available.

Good Part:
Roadrunner has run for ~22,000 KMs. The car is a pleasure to drive every time I get behind the wheels. Stress-free to drive in the Bangalore traffic. The average mileage over the last year and a half is about 15KM/L (tankful to tankful and I've the complete history in an app). I'm not a sedate driver though. Have seen the mileage above 20KM/l if driven around 90KM/hr.

Went to A1 car-care on Mysore road to see if they can fix the alloy. They sent the alloys to be fixed and for both alloys, charged Rs.900.
A new tyre of the same brand(Apollo) costed Rs.3900
New brake pads cost was Rs2500 (the TVS Apache case had MRP 16xx). Hope it'll last at least until the October service (2 years).
Overall I feel A1 is reasonable and do a decent job - just avoid the other accessories they try to sell if you are not too keen on those.

Now in a dilemma about replacing my 10yr old Getz with another. DSG has spoiled me and looking for similar comfort/performance at a lower budget. Ecosport DCT looks to be good bet on Bangalore roads (200mm GC) and has good rear bench space.

Last edited by rejeen : 12th June 2016 at 11:50.
rejeen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2016, 13:17   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejeen View Post
Now in a dilemma about replacing my 10yr old Getz with another. DSG has spoiled me and looking for similar comfort/performance at a lower budget. Ecosport DCT looks to be good bet on Bangalore roads (200mm GC) and has good rear bench space.
Thanks for the update. Bad luck with the tyre incident. On the above point, since you have been driving a dsg , you may not like the DCT on the Ecosport.

The Ameo which is coming with a diesel dsg would be a good option for the same quality, features and drivability at a lower price. Of course will feel very similar to the Vento.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2016, 14:20   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Thanks for the update. Bad luck with the tyre incident. On the above point, since you have been driving a dsg , you may not like the DCT on the Ecosport.

The Ameo which is coming with a diesel dsg would be a good option for the same quality, features and drivability at a lower price. Of course will feel very similar to the Vento.
I had that in mind too. But for my Bangalore drives I would prefer a car with good ground clearance to protect against flooding on ORR, bad roads. Need rear legroom for occassional Kerala trips.

Was going thru your DCT Ecosport thread and looks like it is the best compromise.
Old 18th September 2016, 12:26   #73
BHPian

Hi. I own an iphone and while I can connect it to the mirrorlink system using bluetooth, I want to know if there is any specific app or for that matter any connecting device that allows me to mirror my iphone on the mirrorlink system.

If this doesnt exist, can someone guide me how to get apple carplay installed in Vento?
Old 16th February 2017, 22:04   #74
Senior - BHPian

I am personally very intriguied by this car - specifically the DSG TDI version.
Partly because there are not too many detailed reviews of this car - even the official team-bhp review is missing.
And partly because this car atleast on paper is the best performer this side of 10 lacs. The DSG engine just makes thigs sweeter.

I would take a detailed test drive myself soon - but just to summarize - how is the performance of this car with resepect to Vento TDI and Polo TDI ?

For some reason or the other - while the car though looks extremely competent on paper - the sales figures and even the popularity on Team-BHP doesnt seem to be close to what the car deserves. Any particular reasons?
Old 16th February 2017, 23:33   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
even the official team-bhp review is missing.
For some reason or the other - while the car though looks extremely competent on paper - the sales figures and even the popularity on Team-BHP doesnt seem to be close to what the car deserves. Any particular reasons?
There is an official review of the 2014 Rapid DSG by Anshuman, which is pretty much the same car in different clothes and differently tuned suspension. There's also an ownership of the Rapid DSG in Initial ownership section, though not recently updated.

For your second part of your question, the short answer is DQ200 reliability. There are enough threads about VW and DSG that talk about it in detail.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks