Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2015, 20:20   #46
BHPian

Awesome to know that your beast is behaving the way it should. Although I have gone ahead and bought its competitor xuv ( for different reasons) but storme will always hold a special place in my heart and may be, some day in my garage as well . Keep updating whenever you can. Its a joy to read. Wish you luck and a million miles of Sheer pleasure!
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 12:18   #47
BHPian

re: I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
Awesome to know that your beast is behaving the way it should. Although I have gone ahead and bought its competitor xuv ( for different reasons) but storme will always hold a special place in my heart and may be, some day in my garage as well. Keep updating whenever you can. Its a joy to read. Wish you luck and a million miles of Sheer pleasure!
Hope it's the new XUV500. Where's your ownership review buddy? Would love to know what is your opinion on the Storme vs. XUV debate.

Thanks a lot for your wishes. Wishing you too many happy, young & free million miles as well.

Regards,
Rohan
Old 16th September 2015, 14:27   #48
BHPian

Yep, its a new w6. Ownership report is ready. Has been already posted on an alternate forum, since I was undergoing a few days ban here (courtesy- my inability to figure out multiquoting on my blackberry passport app). . Need to do some editing and it will be live soon. You will find a detailed section on the good ol storme vs xuv war.
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2015, 17:32   #49
BHPian

So today, by beast celebrates it's first birthday!

In celebration, the weekend prior i.e. this Sunday, I took the beast out for a proper off-roading event. The objective was to live up to tag line of my beast:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-1.-do-something-amazing.jpg

I'll write a detailed travelogue about the whole experience, but just a few pics now to give you an idea:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-2.-explorer.jpg
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-3.jpg
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-4.jpg
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-5.jpg
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-6.jpg
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-7.jpg
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-8.jpg
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-9.jpg

Regards,
Rohan Sachar.
Old 13th October 2015, 17:54   #50
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansachar View Post
So today, by beast celebrates it's first birthday!

In celebration, the weekend prior i.e. this Sunday, I took the beast out for a proper off-roading event. The objective was to live up to tag line of my beast:

Regards,
Rohan Sachar.
Only two questions in the meanwhile:

1) Where?
2) Seems to be 4X2 so I guess the Safari attribute being used was mainly Ground Clearance? Could I try this route in the EcoSport with similar Ground Clearance and greater water wading capability but with normal Road Tyres? Since I no longer have my Safari or Aria.
Old 13th October 2015, 18:21   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Only two questions in the meanwhile:

1) Where?
2) Seems to be 4X2 so I guess the Safari attribute being used was mainly Ground Clearance? Could I try this route in the EcoSport with similar Ground Clearance and greater water wading capability but with normal Road Tyres? Since I no longer have my Safari or Aria.
Hi ACM,

This was at Tungareshwar.

Mine was a 4x2 & so were all the other 4 Safari's. We faced no issues but unfortunately one of the Dicor(Guru's) got chipped badly with a stone. Hence GC was very critical. There were also two landslides as well on the route, which had dried up & were dug through.

BUT A GREAT EXPERIENCE OVERALL. I'm sure you'll enjoy in the EcoSport as well. But do try for a group since the place was completely isolated.

Regards,
Rohan Sachar.
Old 13th October 2015, 18:25   #52
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi ACM,

This was at Tungareshwar.

Mine was a 4x2 & so were all the other 4 Safari's. We faced no issues but unfortunately one of the Dicor(Guru's) got chipped badly with a stone. Hence GC was very critical. There were also two landslides as well on the route, which had dried up & were dug through.

BUT A GREAT EXPERIENCE OVERALL. I'm sure you'll enjoy in the EcoSport as well. But do try for a group since the place was completely isolated.

Regards,
Rohan Sachar.
Yep know the place, waded through this (Walked) last monsoon after parking the EcoSport at the start - In monsoons there was a bit too much water in the first stream though the later ones were really mild. Did you drive right upto the Temple itself?
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 10:24   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Yep know the place, waded through this (Walked) last monsoon after parking the EcoSport at the start - In monsoons there was a bit too much water in the first stream though the later ones were really mild. Did you drive right upto the Temple itself?
Actually, we tried a different route. The default way is via the Temple & up to the aashram. We went from the other side, which is a steep incline to the aashram(where we encountered NO ONE) & then descended via the short route to the temple.
rohansachar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 15:04   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Hello!

And as always, some minor additions to further improve the interiors:
Explorer Inside Out:
Attachment 1411549
Voltmeter:
Attachment 1411550

Regards,
Rohan
Awesome write-up bro

Can you please PM me the direct link for these 2 (Explorer Inside Out, Voltmeter ) goodies.

Thanks,
Vishal
Thar4x4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 10:27   #55
BHPian

Sorry, haven't update the status of the beast for a while now. A couple of updates & maintenance woos:

1. The 4th & last free service:
- The beast has completed two full years this November & hence the last service was done.
KEY MENTIONS:
- There was the weirdest post service feel in the car!! It was back to Day 1 of the delivery!! Super smooth ride, clutch, gear & brake. It was almost a disbelief.
- Oils used were only synthetic
- Car polish was done & interiors vacuum cleaned. It became brand new inside out
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-20161204_151949.jpg
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-20161204_151956.jpg
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-20161204_152005.jpg

2. Why is service at Tata Motors a gamble?
A. BRAKE NOISE
- So I've had this problem since almost day one of the delivery with screeching noise coming from the tires when it starts moving & at the time of braking, truck style.
- Multiple visits at Wasan Motors Deonar didn't solve it, a visit at Concorde Worli got rid of it, BUT ONLY FOR A MONTH OR SO. It was back.
- At this point of time, I completely gave up & just increased the volume of the music system
- Now this was again another surprise, & the reason why TASS is a gamble, in the 4th free service, I happened to mention this to the new SA which was looking into the car. ONE LOOK & HE KNEW WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS. The front brake calipers were the problem:
Name:  Screenshot_20161220100318.png
Views: 1541
Size:  116.8 KB

B. DOOR HANDLE:
- So the drive door handle broke:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-door-handle-1.jpg
- The turn around time was VERY VERY slow & I had to do gymnastics for a week to enter the driver seat
- Finally, after me creating a ruckus, the fit a temporary handle while the new one was being painted:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-door-handle-2.jpg
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-door-handle-3.jpg
- In the end, after 10 days, I got the new painted door handle:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-door-handle-4.jpg

TL;DR:
- Beast is back to mint condition

Regards,
Rohan Sachar.

Last edited by rohansachar : 20th December 2016 at 10:41. Reason: Added info
Old 20th December 2016, 12:21   #56
BANNED

Quote:
- So the drive door handle broke:
It looks like the glue holding the rubber mounting to the door came off. Did it actually break?

Was the replacement FOC or charged? If charged, what was the cost?
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 12:29   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
It looks like the glue holding the rubber mounting to the door came off. Did it actually break?

Was the replacement FOC or charged? If charged, what was the cost?
The entire assembly would pop out actually. The clip holding the handle itself had broken.

Since this was in September itself, under the two year warranty of the car, the entire thing was change FoC. Inclusive of painting & labor.
Old 20th December 2016, 12:50   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Regarding the accessories, I've ordered all of them online. Let me know which one's you're specifically interested in. I'll PM you the direct product URL.
hi Rohan,
Where did you get the transparent mats ? How are they ?

Quote:
Hello!
Explorer Inside Out:
Attachment 1411549
Where did you get the compass ?
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 12:53   #59
BHPian

I own a 2015 new gen Xuv . Honestly Mahindra too haven't been able to solve the brake grinding noise right from day 1 to till date .
Your beast looks nice. Enormous road presence .
Storme was the the heart's choice while buying the Xuv. It has its own set of advantages & disadvantages
Tata service in mumbai is much better than mahindra.
Mahindra just forces you to escalate the matter every time you want to get your work done. Tata is better atleast in Mumbai .
madhu33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 14:01   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
hi Rohan,
Where did you get the transparent mats ? How are they ?
Where did you get the compass ?
Hi Condor,

The mats were from a local shop, damn cheap, some Rs. 700. But they're a pain. I'll wear these out & then by the 3D Mats instead.

I bought the compass online, I'll DM you the exact URL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
I own a 2015 new gen Xuv . Honestly Mahindra too haven't been able to solve the brake grinding noise right from day 1 to till date .
Your beast looks nice. Enormous road presence .
Storme was the the heart's choice while buying the Xuv. It has its own set of advantages & disadvantages
Tata service in mumbai is much better than mahindra.
Mahindra just forces you to escalate the matter every time you want to get your work done. Tata is better atleast in Mumbai .
Thanks Madhu! Somehow I've always heard a reverse situation of Mahindra.

Anyways, I'm sure for the brake noise, you would be getting random reasons like:
- Happens at the start of the day
- Happens due to the wet conditions
- Short drives result in noise, etc

Trust me, after this trip specifically, as for the brake calipers to be changed. They're not expensive & will definitely solve the problem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks