Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2016, 20:36   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

re: I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansachar View Post
The mats were from a local shop, damn cheap, some Rs. 700. But they're a pain. I'll wear these out & then by the 3D Mats instead.
What is the problem that you see with these ? is it the fitment ?

I have been trying for a sheet of that type so that I can cut it to the size required. I could not find that type of sheet at all.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 09:49   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
What is the problem that you see with these ? is it the fitment ?

I have been trying for a sheet of that type so that I can cut it to the size required. I could not find that type of sheet at all.
Not much issue in fitment, since these are made for Storme, the issue lies in the fact that Storme doesn't have mat hooks to keep them in place.

So basically, sometime during ingress, the mats slip. Plus when they're wet, the can move around and actually roll-up a lot near the pedals.

That's not the case in 3D Mats.
rohansachar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 11:12   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Tie them to the fabric mats using the twist-type cable ties.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 13:58   #64
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
I own a 2015 new gen Xuv . Honestly Mahindra too haven't been able to solve the brake grinding noise right from day 1 to till date .
Tata service in mumbai is much better than mahindra.
Brake squealing/grinding/squeaking are common to all brands of cars, be it anything.

As long as the pads arent rubbing against the discs all the time, or the discs are warped, I have stopped worrying about it.

Quote:
Thanks Madhu! Somehow I've always heard a reverse situation of Mahindra.
Both TML and M&M are pretty close in their service experiences from what I have experienced. Both of them are generally sensitive to customers even though they may not be able to solve all the issues due to other constraints.

I'd vote them higher than any of the German brands and Toyota, as long as you have a good rapport with the staff there and are reasonable.
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 14:25   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I'd vote them higher than any of the German brands and Toyota, as long as you have a good rapport with the staff there and are reasonable.
A 100% agreed. In my case, I'm going to the same Tata Service Center (Wasan Motors Deonar) for the last 10 years!

Since I know the people there that well, in one issue with my Manza, when I had a dead battery in the middle of the road at 10 in the night. The Service Advisor drove down himself WITH A NEW BATTERY & had it fixed on spot. That's a big big plus.
rohansachar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 11:24   #66
BHPian

"When you decide to buy a Tata Car, you agree to buy a car which will keep bringing by small problems every few months. Doesn't stop you from loving the car." - Rohan Sachar, a Tata Motors customer for a decade now

So my Safari decided it hasn't gone to the service center for a while now, AND VOILA, the rear wiper washer started leaking water via the door panel, somewhat even spilling in the interior.

The culprit? A small pipe connecting the rear outlet with the nozzle broke:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-1.jpg

The procedure to reach the pipe was unbelievable! Anyone thinking they have the confidence to do it themselves, THINK AGAIN! The entire interior roof panel hand to be removed since in total, there were 4 screws outside & 4 bolts inside to hold the spoiler in place. A look at the state of repairs:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-2.jpg
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-3.jpg
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-4.jpg

A trademark Tata feel, the MESS IN THE CAR:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-5.jpg

It's a good thing they have a decent cleaning crew.

BUT, THE MOST IMPORTANT POINT HERE TO BE NOTED:
Tata Motors is a VERY PLAYFUL ORGANIZATION. They LOVE to keep their customers ENTERTAINED. This time around, they PLAYED A LITTLE GAME WITH ME. What was the game? A QUIZ:

GUESS WHERE DID THIS SCREW COME FROM?!?!?!?!?!
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-6.jpg
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-7.jpg

That's all for now folks.
rohansachar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 10:07   #67
BHPian

“The pain I feel now is the happiness I had before. That’s the deal. “– C.S.Lewis

A TRIBUTE TO THE KING OF SUVs:
The Tata Safari was always more than an SUV to me. It was my dream car. I know that many dreams of luxury & premium cars, I do too. But there was always something about a Safari which drew me to it. And I bought one the moment I could, and it was literally one of the best moments of my life.

It was always a standout in a sea of standard cars:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-1.jpg

I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-2.jpg

Changes in life, living Monday to Friday in another city, made the Safari dormant & the running became approximately 300 kilometers in 5 months. The evident was bound to happen, thought did not occur to me, until one day, while cranking it on the weekend, the Storme just didn’t start. Its battery had become completely died. The SA advised an immediate battery change & recommended you can’t keep a Safari standing this long, it’ll start developing more problems. It was then that I decided I can’t let that happen & decided to transfer ownership when it was fully functional at 100% capacity.

I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-3.jpg

In a rainy July weekend, I decided to take it to Cars24 for an evaluation. I’ll detail out the experience later ahead in the post.
Fast forward a month later, I found a person (via Cars24) who would love my Storme as much I did (I hope). A couple of window shoppers reached out as well, but I had a lot of Ron Swanson moments wherein I just told those people to NEVER call again.
The gentlemen I considered seemed quite serious, to the point he travelled 350 kilometers(one way) just to come see the Safari (from Aurangabad). After a few long nights & negotiations, a deal was finalized. And nothing has been the same since then.
The last few days with it, I think I drove it as much as possible and clicked as many pictures as I could. I didn’t want to miss out on any memory of my Tata Safari Storme.

The LAST drive

The LAST day
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-4.jpg

I’m very very proud over the fact that my Storme looks as beautiful as it did on the first day I welcomed it in my life, inside & out.

Inside:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-5.jpg

Outside:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-6.jpg

It still can’t express exactly how I feel, but these two words (Safari Storme) are a part of who I was, & they will always mean something special to me.
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-7.jpg

COPING?
I was aware of the inevitable change, but my mind just hasn’t registered the fact I don’t own my Storme anymore. Even after delivery, I still would look down from my home to the park spot, but the Safari just isn’t there anymore, like it was in the past:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-8.jpg

Silver Lining?
I might have had owned my dream car & no longer do now, but that’s doesn’t mean it’s the end. Dream bigger! The next love affair of my life is the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. And YES, I will get it a Silver Wrangler!
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-9.jpg

I drove it for around 300 kilometers in the US, & it was the closest I felt to the happiness I felt driving the Safari.

Wishing the new owners of my Tata Safari Storme, many many happy miles!

Cheers!
Rohan Sachar

Now, speaking the language I can clearly express i.e. numbers:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-10-cost-summary-details_wm.jpg

Cars24:

SOP:
  1. Take car to them evaluation
  2. Evaluation takes 45 to 60 minutes
  3. For small cars, offer via auction comes in 30 minutes, for SUV, takes up to 12 ~ 24 hours
  4. If you’re okay with offer, sale can start. If not, they list the car then on the website
  5. Post listing, Cars24 collects interested leads via listing & reach out to you for offers

Experience:
The evaluation rating for the Storme was epic, with nothing wrong mentioned except for a slightly hard clutch (I disagree, but maybe the person was thinking from a buyer PoV). HOWEVER, the offer I got via the auction was a pathetic Rs. 3,50,000. I outright rejected it & decided I would rather wait for the right buyer.
A month later, a gentlemen approached via Cars24 team with an appropriate offer. Deal was finalized in a week. The Storme was handed as is, no changes, nothing removed. Cars24 takes a nominal fee for sale from both parties & the buyer has to pay additional charges for RC transfer.
rohansachar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 07:41   #68
BHPian

Re: I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Hi Condor,

The mats were from a local shop, damn cheap, some Rs. 700. But they're a pain. I'll wear these out & then by the 3D Mats instead.

I bought the compass online, I'll DM you the exact URL.

Thanks Madhu!
Hi Rohan!

If you still have the link can you please share it.
Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks