Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 1st November 2019, 17:45   #136
BHPian

Default Re: The Sherpa - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Thanks a lot Abhik! It is very difficult to suggest Thar to anyone because it is not a very easy vehicle to live with. You need to compromise on a lot of things. But if you are able to overlook those flaws, it is a tremendous vehicle! Hope you have a good time with your Thar and not curse me later for motivating you to buy it
My Thar has clocked about 53k kilometers. It has been sitting idle for most of the time in the last 2 years.
I totally agree to what you said. Well I had kept the flaws in my mind when I decided to go for Thar. Inspite of its imperfections there is nothing like this. Infact I am enjoying every bit of my journey with the Thar. I have already clocked 4000 kms in less than 3 months of ownership which is done totally through daily city driving to work and for personal matters. Unfortunately, couldn’t get the time for off roading yet but will experience one soon. Once I get back on road tripping in few months the Kms will clock even faster.

Again my 2 cents on Thar, “if you wish to enjoy the Thar then you just not buy it but marry it”

Cheers
abhikb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 06:39   #137
Team-BHP Support

Since I went back to India, my birthday celebrations here in London got delayed. But what a surprise I got when it finally happened. The birthday cake had a model of my Thar on it, complete with a glass windshield, KC lights, wipers, Mahindra logo, spare tyre and even number plates bearing WB02 AG 1331!

The Sherpa - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4x4-img_6942.jpg

The Sherpa - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4x4-img_6943.jpg

The Sherpa - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4x4-img_6976.jpg
BlackPearl is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 03:25   #138
Team-BHP Support

Today was the 6th birthday of The Sherpa! Almost a year passed by without driving the Thar. But it is well maintained by PapaBravo and I get to see regular pictures. Hopefully I will be drive the Thar early next year when we go to India.

A picture from West Sikkim -

The Sherpa - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4x4-img_8692.jpg
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed