Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2017, 16:16   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Sheel's Mahindra Scorpio S10 4WD. 1,10,000 kms completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
What is the timing chain replacement period?
At engine overhaul. Not otherwise required.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 16:21   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I stand corrected, thanks for it both do the same work i assume. What is the timing chain replacement period?
The only belts that need changing (at 1L kms) are these 2:

Sheel's Mahindra Scorpio S10 4WD. 1,10,000 kms completed.-scorpio.jpg

Reference: http://www.withyouhamesha.com/owner-...PIO-mHawk.html

As your suspension seems to be holding up pretty well, I guess M&M has done some work on its durability in the new avatar. I had to change my vehicle's suspension bushes at 40k kms, IIRC.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 12th May 2017 at 16:43.
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2017, 10:54   #258
Team-BHP Support

Some part in front suspension needs to be updated and this is exclusive to 4X4 variant. It would strengthen the suspension further (as communicated)

4X4 variant owners, please get in touch with your dealers.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2017, 12:03   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Some part in front suspension needs to be updated and this is exclusive to 4X4 variant.
4X4 variant owners, please get in touch with your dealers.
Yes, there's been a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) regarding this, for a certain batch from last year.

2017-CHA-TSB-01973: Chassis Repair at Spring Dome Leg

The system automatically informs the dealer & customer at the time of reporting for service, whether the TSB applies to the particular vehicle.

Involves electro welding of a part of the chassis on which the front suspension is mounted; preventive action, due to multiple vehicles of a particular batch reporting cracks in chassis in that area. Takes 2-3 days of vehicle downtime at body shop.
SS-Traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 09:57   #260
Team-BHP Support

44,xxx kms and the Scorpio visits the city of joy, Calcutta. It was an amazing drive, especially when Bihar border ended and Jharkhand border started.

The road is being constructed and it was F-U-N. From one constructed road to the other and from one diversion to another, the bond grew and gearshifts were done at close to 4k mark on tachometer. Ample GC, brilliant AT tires and body on frame allowed me to have immense fun and close the distance to Dumka. 4H was required twice as we had to climb from one to the other being constructed road. The others following had a tough time as there was no space to make a U- turn.

Even on NH 2, I was close to 3k rpm and it was simply cruising.

Another 500 kms would be added when we return. Will get the TSB looked into at ASC.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th June 2017 at 17:01. Reason: Spacing, typos
Old 3rd June 2017, 08:40   #261
BANNED

Quote:
Road is being constructed and it was F-U-N. From being constructed road to the other and from one diversion to another, the bond grew and gearshifts were done at close to 4k mark on tachometer
Tell me about it. I've had so many such experiences with Hariya (my Scorp CRDe) and cherish each one of them. Medium to moderate speeds, undulating roads, diversions and a few fast stretches in between is where the Scorp comes out with its best, if the driver knows it.

4K on the tacho? I know the 2.2 is a very free revving engine but that is like a petrol car.

What was your FE? A few pictures of the drive and the road. Are you meeting the CCU gang?
Old 3rd June 2017, 08:48   #262
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
4K on the tacho? I know the 2.2 is a very free revving engine but that is like a petrol car.
On that stretch, I was being accompanied by the old gen Endeavour and the 2.8 Crysta and despite trying, none could keep up.

It goes to 4.5 easily, but there is not much progress beyond 4K. With 45,000 kms on the odo, the engine has really bed in.

ECU acts funny, when it knows I am in the mood, it simply doesn't crawl in 2nd, it demands 1st

Quote:
What was your FE? A few pictures of the drive and the road. Are you meeting the CCU gang?
https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/ma....2127713?hl=en

This is the FE I came up with at places where I was enjoying the most. And I tanked up at Alipore COCO, so I don't think fuel quality would be bad there. Sheel's Mahindra Scorpio S10 4WD. 1,10,000 kms completed.-whatsapp-image-20170602-19.16.38.jpeg

I couldn't meet PapaBravo & Samba [was in touch with them], but met 1100D, Sutripta and my good old friend, Dr. Parikshit [simba_smiles on other forum]
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2017, 08:57   #263
BANNED

Quote:
This is the FE I came up with at places where I was enjoying the most. And I tanked up at Alipore COCO, so I don't think fuel quality would be bad there.
Well, there are times when we deserve to enjoy such pleasures of life without worry, definitely worth it.

COCOs generally dispense good fuel and I agree with you on its probable quality and quantity.

Was this drive with your "suspected" EGR issue fixed or otherwise?

At 45k, you haven't had any suspension jobs done thus far, have you?
Old 3rd June 2017, 09:02   #264
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Was this drive with your "suspected" EGR issue fixed or otherwise?

At 45k, you haven't had any suspension jobs done thus far, have you?
Yes, but I think it just may not be vacuum modulators, maybe the secondary fan is loud or something.

None at all. Will have that recall looked into and that is it. And it is as flat and as composed as you want it to be, that is the reason I could push so much.
Old 5th June 2017, 09:06   #265
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
On that stretch, I was being accompanied by the old gen Endeavour and the 2.8 Crysta and despite trying, none could keep up.
I had a go as a passenger in the Crysta 2.8 and it will murder the MHawk 2.2 as far as sheer acceleration goes. Very planted as well, I believe the driver wasn't trying.

The driver was over 50 [he is a renowned neurosurgeon] and could give any of us a run for our money
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2017, 11:02   #266
BHPian

Hi All,

This thread has been one of my go-to threads before I decided to buy my S10 4x4 AT. I took delivery of my beast on the 6th of July, 2016 from CAI Industries, Coimbatore. They were very helpful at the time of order booking and delivery -- they managed to get me the vehicle within 20 days of my placing the order.

To cut to the chase, I have so far done 28000 kms and have enjoyed every single Km of it. I got the beast remapped by Code6 at around 20k kms and its been a completely different animal post that. The engine runs a whole lot smoother and is much more free revving. Best part is that it pulls like a electric train.

The let down is the 6 speed DSI Auto - which gets very confused from time to time. The issue is that while the ECU was remapped, the TCU was not remapped to deal with the added horsepower and torque post remap. This is because there is no map currently available for this TCU.

That being said, once one understand the mind behind the transmission and its behaviour, its a hoot to drive. Mid-range and in-gear acceleration is awesome and its fun to pull past smaller sedans at speed without breaking into a sweat.

So far, touch-wood, have not had any mechanical niggles - except a metallic jingle from the underchassis whenever I drive over some bumps. This is only audible when the aircon off and the Windows rolled down. Its due for its 30k service soon and I will be getting them to take a look at this during the 30k service.

Thanks for the update on the TSB - will have the ASC check when I send in for the 30k service.

Cheers!
Krish

Last edited by krishsreedharan : 11th June 2017 at 11:03. Reason: Spelling errors and a few minor revisions.
krishsreedharan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 07:39   #267
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishsreedharan View Post
I got the beast remapped by Code6 at around 20k kms and its been a completely different animal post that. The engine runs a whole lot smoother and is much more free revving. Best part is that it pulls like a electric train.
Glad you liked my thread. Wish I could sample the remapped Scorpio. Please get the recall looked into once you visit the ASC.

I was forced to load 1,500 kgs of iron in the boot, plus few other items and still, it pulled cleanly from sub 2K rpm in 4th and 5th. I made my friend drive it [he was accompanying me] and he too remarked the same. And the best part is it cleanly pulls to 4,500 revs w/o blinking an eye.
Old 22nd June 2017, 08:32   #268
BHPian

Generally I was pushing the engine to 3K before shifting up (and that is quiet good). However today, inspired by your post, I pushed some more and damn the engine revs so freely upto 4k!!
timuseravan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 07:59   #269
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
Generally I was pushing the engine to 3K before shifting up (and that is quiet good). However today, inspired by your post, I pushed some more and damn the engine revs so freely upto 4k!!
Try it in 3rd gear, till the red line and please do update about your experience.
Quote:
Finally!
I had changed the tires exactly 3 months ago at 36,000 kms and the Scorpio is now at 47,000 kms.

The only small failure as of now is the power window switch of the rear right door [& not the mechanism] whose spring appears to be acting up. It is NA so will have to wait it out.

Last edited by Sheel : 23rd June 2017 at 08:01.
Old 24th June 2017, 23:11   #270
BANNED

Quote:
I had changed the tires exactly 3 months ago at 36,000 kms and the Scorpio is now at 47,000 kms.
Can you post an overall cost per kilometre calculation of your vehicle before your thread moves into the Long Term Ownership reports please?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks