Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2021, 12:11   #346
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Sheel's Mahindra Scorpio S10 4WD. 1,10,000 kms completed.

Perhaps not worth the time or money to install a replacement, I hope its possible to take it to a stereo mechanic and repair it.

I recently went to Bangalore`s JC road to enquire about an aftermarket infotainment system for 2014 Honda City (well known for failures), JC road shops have canbus models available that gives you all the stock infotainment features + additional features based on the models.

This is an alternate route incase you are not able to repair the current one.

Boodmo lists the S11`s unit as compatible and available in their website. I have also asked my SA to check if it is available in Bangalore, will keep you posted.

Link
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 21:00   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Boodmo lists the S11`s unit as compatible and available in their website. I have also asked my SA to check if it is available in Bangalore, will keep you posted.
This is a good way to go but my recommendation is source it from a Mahindra dealer.

Boodmo can be wrong - for example it listed a Fiesta oil filter as compatible to my Endeavour, the filter models are entirely different so I have a spare Fiesta filter to hand to one of 4 BHPians in Chennai that have all new Fiestas.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 16:38   #348
Distinguished - BHPian

The technicians say it will fit and like Suresh says, best to order from the dealer itself. I do use Boodmo regularly to order small items and DIY parts (while they do come with OEM packing, the quaity is not always same as OEM). I got to know from my Mechanic friend that we need to make sure the supplier is OEM when ordering.

Meanwhile , any change of repairing the unit?
Old 11th August 2021, 17:39   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Meanwhile , any change of repairing the unit?
Don’t even try as it’s heavily integrated with systems that show service warnings, tpms etc

Just install the s11 unit.
Old 13th August 2021, 21:33   #350
Team-BHP Support

An update:

Mahindra contacted. It was conveyed that this is an old model, phased out in 2017, Nippon (vendor) does not make it any more and spare is not available. Post saying, that none of it is my fault, they have agreed to provide a new unit and that I will have to bear some cost.

Shall update on the final outcome. Thanks.
Sheel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 05:22   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
An update:
Mahindra contacted. It was conveyed that this is an old model, phased out in 2017, Nippon (vendor) does not make it any more and spare is not available. Post saying, that none of it is my fault, they have agreed to provide a new unit and that I will have to bear some cost.
This is as good an outcome as any. So they are providing an s11 unit?
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 11:19   #352
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
This is as good an outcome as any. So they are providing an s11 unit?
Thanks.

Unaware of the model, but, even then I might have to shell out close to 40% of the value of a new one [shall update on the final value / outcome as & when] that would be steep if you ask me [looking at features / resolution / touch sensitivity].

But, appears I don't have any choice. I was thinking of the new Scorpio, but the way Mahindra picks its vendors, I will watch & if I can, will choose to skip it.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 15:16   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But, appears I don't have any choice. I was thinking of the new Scorpio, but the way Mahindra picks its vendors, I will watch & if I can, will choose to skip it.
The problem is critical alerts show up on the stereo which is one reason I didn’t remove the scorpio HU and fit a better touch screen.

If there are scorpio canbus compatible stereos in the open market (most probably Chinese makes) then you might want to take a look at those.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 15:21   #354
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
The problem is critical alerts show up on the stereo which is one reason I didn’t remove the scorpio HU and fit a better touch screen.

If there are scorpio canbus compatible stereos in the open market (most probably Chinese makes) then you might want to take a look at those.
Yes, this is why I am deciding to stick with it.

I tried to find something similar, but couldn’t, so gave up.
Old 17th October 2021, 16:05   #355
BHPian

hello sheel
Needed your inputs. I wish to buy the Scorpio S9/S11. For the price range, I feel I get a trusted vehicle. The XUV 500 top-end series is expensive and I somehow prefer a boxy look as to what the Scorpio has and what the erstwhile Safri had.

I know you have driven a Scorpio extensively. What I am given to understand is that the S11 does not come in the 4X4 version anymore. So what would your input be if I ask you whether should I go ahead with the Scorpio S9/S11 2021, BSVI model? I will use the vehicle for a minimum of 7-10 years.

Regards
Old 17th October 2021, 16:51   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swsumit View Post
I know you have driven a Scorpio extensively. What I am given to understand is that the S11 does not come in the 4X4 version anymore. So what would your input be if I ask you whether should I go ahead with the Scorpio S9/S11 2021, BSVI model? I will use the vehicle for a minimum of 7-10 years.
Do you want to off-road with it? If not the 2wd scorpio is excellent as a highway and bad village roads cruiser.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 22:39   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So what would your input be if I ask you whether should I go ahead with the Scorpio S9/S11 2021, BSVI model? I will use the vehicle for a minimum of 7-10 years.
While you wait a response from Sheel, my two cents and fyi- I bought an S9 this last December. The latest gen (the current one) is a sorted out version and the best of all the generations. I guess it is much more stable than all the previous versions. If you like Scorpio for its nature and not worried about the bells, whistles, fancy stuffs that it lacks, then go for it.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 18:15   #358
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
hello sheel
Needed your inputs. I wish to buy the Scorpio S9/S11. For the price range, I feel I get a trusted vehicle. The XUV 500 top-end series is expensive and I somehow prefer a boxy look as to what the Scorpio has and what the erstwhile Safri had.

Regards
If you do not need a 4WD SUV, would suggest look elsewhere. Ride is not its hallmark. Please sample one extensively before finalizing.

__________________________________________________ _

Got the new infotainment by Mahindra (thanks to Team-BHP) while everything is working well and it lifts up the cabin's ambience by a margin, my voice when speaking on a phone does not go to the recipient. The speaker / mic wire is checked, but fault is not located yet. Technicians will take a look at it in around a week, shall update post that.
Attached Thumbnails
Sheel's Mahindra Scorpio S10 4WD. 1,10,000 kms completed.-whatsapp-image-20211129-14.31.24.jpeg  

Last edited by Sheel : 30th November 2021 at 18:33.
Sheel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 06:36   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got the new infotainment by Mahindra (thanks to Team-BHP) while everything is working well and it lifts up the cabin's ambience by a margin, my voice when speaking on a phone does not go to the recipient. The speaker / mic wire is checked, but fault is not located yet. Technicians will take a look at it in around a week, shall update post that.
Check if its your phone that is muted and connecting another phone works, or press the increase volume button on your phone and see?
Old 20th May 2022, 14:18   #360
BHPian

Quote:
I have the same infotainment in my S10 AT as you had previously. Now I see you have the new one with Android Auto and I'm guessing Apple CarPlay too.

Would you mind sharing how much you had to pay for the new one, a model no, and was it plug and play?

I'm desperately missing AA, but don't want to compromise on TPMS alerts, mileage updates and range info, so don't see a way of any non-OEM working.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks