Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2015, 10:30   #121
Team-BHP Support

re: Sheel's Mahindra Scorpio S10 4WD. 1,10,000 kms completed.

Scorpio's infotainment has some storage device. It stores kilometers & places + other oddities of my drive for the past 30 days, which is good, but I am yet to figure out as to how to download that from the device including my GPS logs.

The radio button isn't working as well. Will ask the technician to look into it.

Explorer has clocked 11,000 kilometers and is humming along.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 14:06   #122
BHPian

Sheel , I had a few questions.

1. Do the second row Captain seats have any sliding mechanism?
2. Since the third row is a front facing bench, are the rear speakers on rear door panels getting blocked?
3. Are there seat belts in the third row?

Thanks in advance.
Old 19th October 2015, 15:25   #123
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by imove View Post
Sheel , I had a few questions.

1. Do the second row Captain seats have any sliding mechanism?
2. Since the third row is a front facing bench, are the rear speakers on rear door panels getting blocked?
3. Are there seat belts in the third row?

Thanks in advance.
Hi imove,

The third of seats have seat-belts. But they aren't retractable.

For your other queries, here are pictures.

The first picture shows the amount of width the 3rd row of seat takes when folded. If you need more luggage room and would have 4 passengers or less, my advise would be to remove it. Easily removable.

Sheel's Mahindra Scorpio S10 4WD. 1,10,000 kms completed.-13-001.jpg

This is the space left in the luggage compartment with the 3rd row in place. You may see the rear speakers as well. The 3rd row has no sliding or reclining function.

Sheel's Mahindra Scorpio S10 4WD. 1,10,000 kms completed.-13-002.jpg

Following pictures will show you the maximum & minimum the middle seats can be slid. The front seats are adjusted for ~6 foot drivers.

Sheel's Mahindra Scorpio S10 4WD. 1,10,000 kms completed.-13-003.jpg

Sheel's Mahindra Scorpio S10 4WD. 1,10,000 kms completed.-13-005.jpg

Sheel's Mahindra Scorpio S10 4WD. 1,10,000 kms completed.-13-006.jpg

Sheel's Mahindra Scorpio S10 4WD. 1,10,000 kms completed.-13-008.jpg

The amount of leg room present in the 3rd row

Sheel's Mahindra Scorpio S10 4WD. 1,10,000 kms completed.-13-004.jpg

A picture of the cabin with seats in place

Sheel's Mahindra Scorpio S10 4WD. 1,10,000 kms completed.-13-007.jpg

Sheel's Mahindra Scorpio S10 4WD. 1,10,000 kms completed.-13-009.jpg

As far as other updates go, Explorer is inching closer to 12K at a slower pace than expected. Blame it on elections. Elections = no work & no work = no $$$ You need green-bucks to travel.

The radio button on infotainment system isn't working as well as the rear sensor. No questions asked, they would be replaced under warranty and parts have been ordered.

Explorer is running like a gem and NVH is pretty good considering an indigenous manufacturer. Wish the glass were thicker.
Sheel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 13:01   #124
BHPian

Sheel,

Many thanks for all the information along with the photographs. I couldn't have asked for more. So it seems that with third row folded, the second row cannot be slid back much. And with the third row in place, suitcases with about 6" inches width can be placed at the back at most.

BTW, what tires do you have on your Explorer?
Old 20th October 2015, 20:39   #125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
BTW, what tires do you have on your Explorer?
Bridgestone Dueler H/T. The ones which were coming in the XUV.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 17:30   #126
BHPian

Hi Sheel,

I need an help in my decision making. I am in the market for my next car. My budget is 15 lac. My heart was with S10 until I drove XUV. Having said that, i cannot cross my budget of 15 lac. In blr W6 comes for 15 lac. While I like the driving comfort and refines of XUV, I would be missing GPS and touch screen of S10. I am also confused with the bulkiness of XUV. My daily commute would be around 15 km and once in a 3 months a long drive of 1000 km. Can you pls help me.
Old 29th October 2015, 10:36   #127
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
Hi Sheel,

I need an help in my decision making. I am in the market for my next car. My budget is 15 lac. My heart was with S10 until I drove XUV. Having said that, i cannot cross my budget of 15 lac. In blr W6 comes for 15 lac. While I like the driving comfort and refines of XUV, I would be missing GPS and touch screen of S10. I am also confused with the bulkiness of XUV. My daily commute would be around 15 km and once in a 3 months a long drive of 1000 km. Can you pls help me.
If the roads that you encounter would usually be good, then I would suggest to go ahead with an XUV.

I believe you can swap/change the screen of W6 with that of a W8's. I have seen a W6 having a W8's screen. GPS will come along with it. Alternatively, you can buy a GPS unit as an add-on.

Personally, I would prefer to take a test-drive in both cars prior to signing up the dotted line.
Old 29th October 2015, 11:20   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I believe you can swap/change the screen of W6 with that of a W8's. I have seen a W6 having a W8's screen. GPS will come along with it. Alternatively, you can buy a GPS unit as an add-on.

As updated by Sales Executives, the swap is not possible. The console size differ. Can you give direction on the W6 with w8 unit, it would be helpful for me to make a better decision?
Old 29th October 2015, 11:47   #129
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
As updated by Sales Executives, the swap is not possible. The console size differ.
Even if a direct swap is not possible, you can install an aftermarket 2DIN unit on the W6 with better performance and more features. Why not explore this option?
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 08:10   #130
BHPian

After having test driven the XUV W10, Duster 110 and Scorpio S10 fairly extensively, I finally booked a Scorpio S10 4WD 7CC.

Both the XUV and Duster offered a more plush ride than the Scorpio. Both attained higher speeds easier than the Scorp. The XUV's fit, finish and gizmos on offer were a class higher. However, after a bit of spirited driving on a bit of a bad stretch, the XUV got hit thrice at the bottom and finally the bottom cover came off loose. The Scorpio and Duster both sailed through the same stretch. However, the space inside the Duster did not work out for my needs and their service network is still not as well spread as Mahindra's, add to that the high cost of Duster spares.

Finally, I chose the reliability and the go-almost-anywhere capability of the Scorp. I wish the Scorp had the same level of fit and finish as the XUV. But God and Mahindra do not listen to us mere mortals all the time.

Last edited by imove : 1st November 2015 at 08:14. Reason: Typos fixed
imove is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 16:33   #131
BANNED

Quote:
After having test driven the XUV W10, Duster 110 and Scorpio S10 fairly extensively, I finally booked a Scorpio S10 4WD 7CC.
Congratulations on the booking..!!
Which color did you book and when is the delivery?

The only tip I have for you is that you change it from the 7 to the 8 seater option. This will give you a lot of seating flexibility and the option to remove the last row when not in use (which is true in most cases for a long time).
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 18:52   #132
BHPian

Thanks devdath. I chose the white. We never had a white car before.There were a few other reasons in favor white like better visibility by others, lower temperature than darker colors etc.

The captain seats in the second row are special requests from my two kids. They want to ride a car like their parents do perhaps . In fact, it is one of the reasons for us to choose a Scorpio. It is the only 4WD within my budget which offers that option. And as far as I know, the last seat can be removed in this option as well.

Expecting delivery within the next couple of weeks based on communication from Mahindra.

Last edited by imove : 1st November 2015 at 18:55. Reason: Added a line
Old 1st November 2015, 21:25   #133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The Scorpio and Duster both sailed through the same stretch.
How is the ride quality between both, say when the road's top layer is off and you don't slow down.

A monocoque usually forces you to slow down but as I don't have any experience of Duster and have heard praise about its ride quality, I wanted to ask you this.

How many days for the car to arrive?
Old 1st November 2015, 23:45   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
How is the ride quality between both, say when the road's top layer is off and you don't slow down.

A monocoque usually forces you to slow down but as I don't have any experience of Duster and have heard praise about its ride quality, I wanted to ask you this.

How many days for the car to arrive?
Sheel,

I know exactly what you feel. We did not slow down on any of the roads with our Test Vehicles. In fact, with BlackPearl and few other tbhpians at the wheels for some time, we had a rather spirited driving to put it a bit mildly. On such roads as you described, I could barely feel the road surface with the Duster, the XUV came a close second while the Scorpio came out third. When compared to my WagonR (which is not a fair comparison at all) all of them came out way ahead.

During high speed cornering it was the Duster that felt like I was driving a Sedan, the XUV came a tad short of it while the Scorp gave some body rolls.

Note that all our rides were on 2WD versions and we had 4-5 people on board during all our Test drives.

The Duster, in my interpretation, feels like a large sedan, rides like a 15 lac sedan, the interiors (low roof, 5 seater, etc) feels like a 7 lac sedan, with the exception that is comes with a high ground clearance. I wanted a SUV. The 15 lac Scorpio feels like a 12 lac SUV.

The XUV is also very good, extremely well finished product and full VFM. I have already described in my earlier post why I did not choose it. In fact, last August I had almost booked the XUV but got caught up in a few things at the last moment.

The Storme was one of my other favorites, but the bulk and my lack of confidence in it if I have to do a sudden maneuver kept me away from it.

I do not like the chore of folding and unfolding seats for passengers to get on and get off, so essentially any car where I have to fold the seats would not be at the top of my preference. Scorp's second row Captain Seats appealed to me.

My heart was always after the Scorp especially after the new version came in last September. In real life, I know I will probably neither drive like a bat-out-of-hell as we did during the TD in the near-empty roads of Rajarhat Newtown nor cut my corners with a haste.

The Test Drive was my heart's way to convince the brain, which in the end is still only half convinced. But then, when is the brain ever fully convinced?

The White Scorp 4WD is expected to arrive within a couple of weeks. The convincing of the brain will start when I turn the ignition on that car. Incidentally, a black Scorp 4WD is also expected to join the Kolkata TBHP gang at the same time as both were booked together, but I will let the prospective owner spill the good news himself if and when he chooses to.
imove is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 08:24   #135
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I know exactly what you feel. We did not slow down on any of the roads with our Test Vehicles. In fact, with BlackPearl and few other tbhpians at the wheels for some time, we had a rather spirited driving to put it a bit mildly. On such roads as you described, I could barely feel the road surface with the Duster, the XUV came a close second while the Scorpio came out third.
Please try the same surface with your 4WD, you should come across marked differences.

I was saying specifically about the road condition between Dalkola - Kishangunj - Islampur. In case you aren't aware, the top layer is peeled off and pot-holes may be found. I have to slow down my Yeti and drive at 60/70 whereas in the Fortuner/Scorpio/Storme, I can drive without a worry. A slight bob/pitch & road noise.

Now. where is BlackPearl?

And a black 4WD as well as a white May our tribe increase.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks