Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2015, 11:10   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Volvo XC60, D5 Summum AWD. EDIT: 40,000 kms & 3 years up

Here are better pictures of the XC60 after a car wash yesterday. No polish only wash. You guys have got me worried about the whole wrap bit I'll let you know if I get into trouble and end up eating humble pie and a whack from my wife.
Attached Thumbnails
Volvo XC60, D5 Summum AWD. EDIT: Sold at 9-years and 1,00,000 kms!-20150112_115620-2-2.jpg  

Volvo XC60, D5 Summum AWD. EDIT: Sold at 9-years and 1,00,000 kms!-20150112_113649-3-2.jpg  

V.Narayan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 13:03   #47
BHPian

If you guys don't mind me asking, is the next couple months a good time too buy the XC 60?

Could you tell me the on road price for the D5 variant? I'm guessing we can get quite some discounts on top of it.
Old 10th February 2015, 17:27   #48
BHPian

D5 AWD Summum is around 55L OTR in Punjab/Chandigarh. Anytime is the best time to buy a Volvo
1-Testosterone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 18:06   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
D5 AWD Summum is around 55L OTR in Punjab/Chandigarh. Anytime is the best time to buy a Volvo
I am assuming this is for XC60, any idea about the S60?
Old 10th February 2015, 21:29   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
If you guys don't mind me asking, is the next couple months a good time too buy the XC 60?

Could you tell me the on road price for the D5 variant? I'm guessing we can get quite some discounts on top of it.
I paid Rs 56L for the AWD XC60 D5 Summum. I guess you could negotiate a bit. No harm trying. My first 6 weeks with the Volvo XC60 have been happy ones. No complaints thus far.
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 22:23   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
I paid Rs 56L for the AWD XC60 D5 Summum. I guess you could negotiate a bit. No harm trying. My first 6 weeks with the Volvo XC60 have been happy ones. No complaints thus far.
Awesome, thanks for the quick update. Also, your new ride brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
I would like to know this as well if you guys area aware of it, S60 D5.
Old 10th February 2015, 22:39   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

sweetvar26, Just spoke to Volvo. The S.60 will cost between Rs 38 to 44 lakhs depending on variant and accessories. Hope this helps.
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 23:47   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
I was getting the S60 D4 for 40 lacs on road in December. The on road price pre discount was 45.5 or something in Ahmedabad. Hope that helps. Add a lac or two and you should arrive at the D5 figures on road.
kartavya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2015, 00:48   #54
BHPian

Quote:
sweetvar26, Just spoke to Volvo. The S.60 will cost between Rs 38 to 44 lakhs depending on variant and accessories. Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
I was getting the S60 D4 for 40 lacs on road in December. The on road price pre discount was 45.5 or something in Ahmedabad. Hope that helps. Add a lac or two and you should arrive at the D5 figures on road.
Alright, thanks again guys, shall look into it. These cars are sure underrated than the rest from their segments.
Old 4th April 2015, 20:49   #55
BHPian

V.Narayan, have you had a chance to service it yet? What do the service costs look like? And what's the schedule? Every 15k KMs or "alert based" like in a BMW?
Old 7th April 2015, 19:59   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
...have you had a chance to service it yet? What do the service costs look like? And what's the schedule? Every 15k KMs or "alert based" like in a BMW?
The service is every 12 months or 10,000 kms whichever comes earlier. The odd numbered services cost about Rs 15,000 to 20,000 though more likely to be at the lower end based on my conversations with Volvo users (before I picked this brand). The even numbered services (at least the 2nd one) is estimated to be about Rs 30,000 to 35,000. So far, touchwood, the Volvo has given trouble free performance. I aim to write an update in July when she completes 6 months. Hope this helps. Regards, Narayan
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2015, 16:26   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volvo XC60, D5 Summum AWD: 3 month update

Quick update

3 months and 3400 odd kms. Most of the running within NCR and 'extended NCR' - Meerut, Rewari, Mathura etc. My quick first impressions:-

Driving & Ride: 9 on 10. Nice throaty growl from the engine with a muted sound into the cabin, good grip on the road due to the AWD, decent acceleration, very stable at high speeds, reasonable suspension for the rear occupants (not as good as E-class but okay enough). I love driving this car.

Cabin: The higher quality of the interiors' finish and seat covers spoils you. My poor reliable Honda Jazz looks so very basic now and the Camry at the office looks jaded. The materials are hard wearing from what I observe and I believe they will wear well. Front seats are the best in the business in my opinion. Overall cabin noise is quite muted and a happy place to be in.

Air-conditioning: April is here. The mercury is climbing gradually though the full blast of the Delhi heat isn't here yet. The A.C. is holding up without a problem even at low levels. More on this in the next update at the 6 month mark.

Emergency Brake Assist: I have had three occasions on which the auto safety brake has swung into action. Needless to say all useful moments for intervention. All were in relatively slow traffic with some one else trying suddenly to cut in front. But now I know it works. The braking is jarring and each time left me wondering for a moment.

What I have not liked: (i) Haven't had the time yet to read through the owners manual and figure out how to use the multitude of controls, options, options within options on the central console and on the steering stalks. (ii) Volvo took 3 months to get the high security number plate. They seem to be a little dis-organized around that. (iii) While topping up the diesel you have to insert a funnel and that leaves your hands stained with the diesel oil inevitably. Not a happy situation if you are wearing a suit.

What I like: (a) The rear headrests fold down to give you a better view through the rear window in cases where you don’t have back seat passengers (b) Love the bluetooth connection to my cell phone and facility to talk through the car's speaker. (c) The rear parking camera works well. (d) Volvo, i.e. Swede Auto, have been very responsive to all my numerous questions on how does this or that work and have never said, 'read the manual you lazy fellow'.

What I have not tried as yet: Sport mode gear shift and the gear shift paddles - with my driving style these features may remain unused always.

Next update with more details and photos of the accessories in July when she completes 6 months.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 11th April 2015 at 16:29.
V.Narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2015, 18:06   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Quick update

Emergency Brake Assist: I have had three occasions on which the auto safety brake has swung into action. Needless to say all useful moments for intervention. All were in relatively slow traffic with some one else trying suddenly to cut in front. But now I know it works. The braking is jarring and each time left me wondering for a moment.

What I have not liked: (i) Haven't had the time yet to read through the owners manual and figure out how to use the multitude of controls, options, options within options on the central console and on the steering stalks. (ii) Volvo took 3 months to get the high security number plate. They seem to be a little dis-organized around that. (iii) While topping up the diesel you have to insert a funnel and that leaves your hands stained with the diesel oil inevitably. Not a happy situation if you are wearing a suit.
The emergency braking is applied at 100% brake force & hence the ABS gets activated everytime it happens. That's the jarring feel on the pedal. I get a message on the DIM as well saying that City safety braking was activated.

The owner's manual is a bit thicker than most cars. Reminds me of the Electrical Technology book we used to use instead of pillows sometimes in the college.
I understand that the fuel filling insert has been done away with. Someone I know who was having the same issue told that Volvo replaced the filling pipe for him. Maybe a good idea to give a call to the service center to see if they can do it for you at the next service.
jfxavier is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2015, 19:33   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfxavier View Post
I understand that the fuel filling insert has been done away with. Someone I know who was having the same issue told that Volvo replaced the filling pipe for him. Maybe a good idea to give a call to the service center to see if they can do it for you at the next service.
Thanks jfxavier, this is very useful to know. Will talk to Swede Auto about it. One more thing I've liked about the car is that as soon as some other vehicle gets too close the music playing in the cabin tunes down to a whisper. It acts as a early warning device that someone is getting uncomfortably close. An asset in Delhi's dense and jostling traffic.
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2015, 19:46   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks jfxavier, this is very useful to know. Will talk to Swede Auto about it. One more thing I've liked about the car is that as soon as some other vehicle gets too close the music playing in the cabin tunes down to a whisper. It acts as a early warning device that someone is getting uncomfortably close. An asset in Delhi's dense and jostling traffic.
The muting of the audio system sound coincides with the parking sensors sensing the other vehicles/ people or your collision alert getting triggered. You should be getting a picture of your car on the center console display showing which parking sensor is getting triggered. If the distance reduces further you will get the usual parking alarms through your speakers. The front speakers for the front sensors and the rear speakers for the rear sensors. It is also possible that you have your parking sensor volume set too low and hence you are not hearing it louder. If you wish, you can change the front/ rear parking alarm volumes in the car settings menu
But that requires researching the thick manual
jfxavier is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks