Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2017, 02:16   #121
BHPian

Re: Battery Drained out | My fault

Hello Sir!

How's it going with the Ciaz? Yours is the most detailed ownership thread of the Ciaz that I could find here. You've put each and every detail that any Ciaz owner or prospective buyer would need. I'm planning to buy the Ciaz Alpha soon. I almost booked it few days back but then got to know about the upcoming engine upgrade. Now, I'm in a dilemma whether to wait or buy it right now. There are rumours of the Ciaz being launched in September '17 but some are saying it could be April-May '18. And there are many useful upgrades that are on it's way which is making me wait. But then again, May '18 is still a year away. Hope to see updates on your Ciaz soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
When I came back, I first went to the boot to place few bags off the shopping that I did after watching the movie and the boot failed to open. I went to the front door and it was open. I soon realized the battery was dead. No lights were on. The front door is designed to work in a way that even if you lock it manually from inside if the battery is dead, it opens up. I realised this as the passenger side front door was open and when I manually tried to lock it, it unlocked by itself.
Isn't this a big risk? Say someone has to move out of town for few months and he can not take his car there, it's natural for the battery to be dead when it's not being used. Anyone can access the car after the battery is dead. Belongings or parts of the car can be stolen easily. This seems quite scary! Is there any way to prevent it?

Regards,
Swapnil
Swapnil_Alto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 10:14   #122
BHPian

Re: Battery Drained out | My fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil_Alto View Post
Hello Sir!

How's it going with the Ciaz? Yours is the most detailed ownership thread of the Ciaz that I could find here. You've put each and every detail that any Ciaz owner or prospective buyer would need. I'm planning to buy the Ciaz Alpha soon.

Isn't this a big risk? Say someone has to move out of town for few months and he can not take his car there, it's natural for the battery to be dead when it's not being used. Anyone can access the car after the battery is dead. Belongings or parts of the car can be stolen easily. This seems quite scary! Is there any way to prevent it?

Regards,
Swapnil
Thanks Swapnil. Glad the review helped. Car is rocking and no regrets till date. I am not sure about the Dead Battery issue. That's what happened with my car although I am not sure if that's how it's supposed to behave. Have to check.

Go for the Ciaz. You will not regret.
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 11:51   #123
BHPian

Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Hello abhisheksircar

I have booked ciaz, waiting for the delivery. I am interested in the "LED Illuminated Sill Guard". Can you tell me how much you have paid for it?
Old 30th April 2018, 09:58   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayk View Post
Hello abhisheksircar

I have booked ciaz, waiting for the delivery. I am interested in the "LED Illuminated Sill Guard". Can you tell me how much you have paid for it?
Very sorry for the anniversary reply, well almost ! It will be about 2k.

I am currently in the NEXA service center in Electronic City, which is again owned by Surakshaa guys where I always service from, for my 40k service and I am pretty impressed with the setup. I'll update about the car@40k and the service experience soon.
Old 3rd May 2018, 19:13   #125
BHPian

It's been more than 3 years since I started compiling this thread and it really still feels like it was just yesterday

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20180428_06502801.jpg

Without getting more nostalgic about the whole experience, let me get to the point. Summarizing the last 3 years.

- I am happy with the purchase. Wondering if I should stop here !
- People still get into the car and say, wow, this is a spacious and nice car. Never thought Suzuki was producing cars of this quality making me wonder how good is their marketing team.
- What I still enjoy is it's soft suspension which helps me in the Bangalore roads a lot. But that same thing irritates me a bit when I am on long drives especially on hilly areas. Honestly, it does not deter me to feel good about the car but I sure have felt instances when the car is floating with very less feedback.
- Although quality has improved a lot and rattles have still not started pouring in, fingers crossed, there are things which could have been improved. The rubber beads on the doors are not that tight as it was when I bought it. At times, it comes off. The AC panel knob in the rear vent has come off many times. It finally came off. Option available is to glue it up. The rear curtain hook broke but it got fixed with glue. The front arm rest keeps opening up if the roads are bad since the hook barely manages to hold it. Fix was to add some tape to it to make it thicker and it holds better. This might sound like nitpicking and I would agree that these are small issues but it would have been great if these could have been of little better quality.
- And that's it when it comes to negatives. The engine remains smooth and composed.
- I have driven 40k+ and the average on the MID shows 13.8/ltr with about 80% in city with AC always on and 20% on long highway drives.
- The beige leather interiors are holding good but it surely demands attention to keep clean. I get a complete interior cleaning package done at every 10k.
- The clutch is holding good and I do not see a reason to change it for another 15k, my guess.
- The tires are holding good although I would say, another 10k.
- Brake pads got changed at 40k.
- Android Auto. This got updated in my last service couple of days back and it's fun. "Take me to the closest Petrol bunk". "What's the weather in Bangalore like tomorrow". "Tell me a joke". "Play Bryan Adams". Well, you got the groove. It's got Google Assistance on your steering controls now. The google map now projected from your phone to the screen and this is just perfect as I never liked the stock one as it was not real time. This works as soon as you connect your Android phone using a USB connector into the USB connecting point in the front center console.

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img20180503wa003601.jpg

Now the next upgrade for me was to move to the NEXA service. I called my usual Maruti Suzuki service center, Surakshaa, for service appointment and they referred me to their NEXA facility. Ciaz is now serviced in Nexa service centers as well. Suzuki has moved up notches ahead when it comes to service experience. A manager as a single point of connect greeting you with a smile and continuously updating you about the progress, if needed. He understands your problems with a little help from a assigned technical adviser. Plush interiors. A nice glass panel to see your baby getting serviced while you can connect to wifi and continue your work. Almost encouraging you to see how well they service. And finally the result of the service which was just perfect. Pretty impressed. Well all this was already there, it's just that they are now doing it in style !

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20180430_18415401.jpg

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20180430_10131001.jpg

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20180430_10022801.jpg

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20180430_18411401.jpg

There was a storm in Bangalore when I my car got delivered and hence I would pardon them for those mud marks.

Coming back to where I started. I am happy with my buy and decision to buy it from Surakshaa (I am not getting paid for this) who are doing a great job to keep the car in pristine condition.

This post was after I completed by 40k service which was right after a drive across Coimbatore, Coonoor, Ooty, Gudala etc. All along the road.

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20180428_03471901.jpg

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20180428_05481901.jpg

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20180428_16392001.jpg

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20180428_16395301.jpg

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20180429_08074601.jpg

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20180429_08145501.jpg

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20180428_17031301.jpg

This was in Bison Inn in Ooty. Everything was booked out and this was a sudden drive and hence I was not prepared. Last moment booking and nothing was available and then this. Great views, Good hosts and decent stay. This is from my room over a large glass panel

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20180428_17082501.jpg

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20180428_18504801.jpg

The parting sunset shot from my room

Last edited by abhisheksircar : 3rd May 2018 at 19:14.
abhisheksircar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2020, 13:43   #126
BHPian

5 Years !

Seems like yesterday although is a build up of many good memories and drive in the Ciaz.

Summary

- Car has done 70k kms in 60 months.
- It's a City car. No pun intended. Not really an enthusiast car.
- Very spacious and comfortable family car.
- A Maruti without the rattles. Not a single rattle sound anywhere.
- Soft suspensions great in the city but not very confident in highways.
- Very reasonable to maintain. Spares and all are quite reasonable.
- No major issues other than the usual wear and tear.
- Android Auto took the entertainment console to the next level and I love it.
- The speakers are adequate and will not push you go for an upgrade.
- Crazy mileage with an average of 15.1 and in highways the real time metre goes as high as 30. I have got 21 in a long drive, measured tank to tank. Normal cruising at 80.
- Quite loaded in features although I would have loved automatic rain sensor wipers and automatic headlights too. Not craving for the sun roof.
- Clutch replaced at 45k km.
- Brake Pads changed once till now.
- Battery changed at around 65k kms.
- Tyres due to be replaced NOW. I am late on that.

Maintenance

- Servicing being done in NEXA (Surakshaa) service center in Electronic City, Bangalore.
- Wheel Balancing and Alignment done around every 5k-6k kms in Tyre Empire, HSR Layout, Bangalore.
- Body, Underbody and Interior maintained by 3M at HSR Layout, Bangalore
- Runs on Shell normal petrol with a V-Power tank fill done every three months.
- Washing done only when required. Not daily. Jopasu duster is a friendly use. I usually wash it myself. No Ramu for this work
- Oil Changed every 6-8 months. Fully Synthetic, Shell. MGA.
- Coolant Topped up when required.

Accessories

- Ciaz Glowing Door Sill Guard
- Faux Wood Interior Door inserts
- Phillips H7 headlamps on high and low beams.
- Nomad Custom cut car mats from 3M. The front drivers one got worn a bit and got replaced at 70k kms. Rest is intact.
- CR70 from 3M all over. Even front windshield and it's highly recommended to keep the hear levels low. It works.
- Autoboot release. This is a new one from MGA.
- Valve Caps. Got stolen twice !

Rest of the car is stock.

Small Irritants

- Rear AC knob breaking every time I get it fixed. Very fragile.
- Front Arm rest lock not strong enough and opens up. Fixed with Jugaad of putting some black tape around lock to make it thicker.
- Rubber Gasket on the driver side door has come out slightly.

My earlier car was a Swift with the 1.3 ltr G-Series engine and I had fun with that car for 8 years. Ciaz was a conscious sedated buy to get into that family mode and it worked just as expected. Comfortable city car with a lot of space and well loaded. The body is not flimsy as other cars from the same stable and is holding good. I had almost decided on the Honda City but ended up with the Ciaz due the arrogance of the Honda Sales Team and I am glad it happened that way. Quite Happy as it might not be all that I would wish in a car but it has all that I want in a car at this stage of my life.

What next. I plan to hold on to this one for another 2-3 years atleast and then I am inclined towards to the V-Cross 4x4 or the Endeavor 4x4 AT. Well that's now and lots can change in the next 3 years.

Gallery

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20200201_10042701.jpg

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20200201_10041101.jpg

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20200201_10061501.jpg

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20200201_10073101.jpg

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20200201_10082001.jpg

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20200201_10070601.jpg

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20200201_10045301.jpg

Last edited by abhisheksircar : 2nd February 2020 at 13:48.
abhisheksircar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th May 2020, 15:52   #127
BHPian

Re: 5 Years !

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
Seems like yesterday although is a build up of many good memories and drive in the Ciaz.

Summary

- Car has done 70k kms in 60 months.
- It's a City car. No pun intended. Not really an enthusiast car.
- Very spacious and comfortable family car.
- A Maruti without the rattles. Not a single rattle sound anywhere.
- Soft suspensions great in the city but not very confident in highways.
- Very reasonable to maintain. Spares and all are quite reasonable.
- No major issues other than the usual wear and tear.
- Android Auto took the entertainment console to the next level and I love it.
- The speakers are adequate and will not push you go for an upgrade.
- Crazy mileage with an average of 15.1 and in highways the real time metre goes as high as 30. I have got 21 in a long drive, measured tank to tank. Normal cruising at 80.
- Quite loaded in features although I would have loved automatic rain sensor wipers and automatic headlights too. Not craving for the sun roof.
- Clutch replaced at 45k km.
- Brake Pads changed once till now.
- Battery changed at around 65k kms.
- Tyres due to be replaced NOW. I am late on that.
Thank you for that detailed info. My Ciaz ZXi completed 5yrs on 30 Mar 2020. My car hasn't done much on the ODO, as i have an official vehicle for office commute. ODO reads just 28K after 5yrs, though the car has been in Kerala, Indore, Delhi and back to Kerala now.

My observations are very similar to that of yours. I'm happy to have bought this one and unhappy that i haven't clicked much on the ODO.

All services through MASS on time. Battery change in Dec2019 and no other major changes. When do u recommend a Tyre change, Brake Pads checkup and Clutch system? Now that i'm back in my hometown, I hoped to clock some KM but Covid19 has spoilt all plans.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 19th May 2020 at 03:01. Reason: Trimmed iong post quote.
sandeep959 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2020, 15:50   #128
BHPian

Re: 5 Years !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep959 View Post
When do u recommend a Tyre change, Brake Pads checkup and Clutch system?
All the 3 have a varied usage behavior due to the style of driving.

Tyres could go upto 70k as in my case. Do the coin test on the treads to get an idea. There are quite a few videos on that on youTube. Mine is beyond when it should have been changed.

Clutch. I replace it when I start feeling it's stiff after the Mechs in Nexa Service center have done their job and not much can be done anymore. I last changed it around 45K although the mechs were saying that people have changed it at 25 as well. Heavy foot on the clutch I presume.

Brakes. This one, I am a little careful about and make them service the whole system including the pads, disk, drum every 10k and I replace whatever is required as soon as they tell me to and dont wait for later. Till now it's changed once but I do not remember when it was changed. I think around 55k.

With this car, my driving habit has been quite sedated and hence things last longer.

Ride safe after this whole Covid Fiasco !
abhisheksircar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 13:55   #129
BHPian

7 Years Update

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20220203_17443201.jpg

7 years and the car is still with me and why not. It's in pristine condition and as good as new. I have had 85000 happy kilometres with this car. No rattles yet and this is the new Suzuki we know. Even now when someone who has not sat in a Ciaz before sits and admires the space within. The design still blends in quite well within the new cars. It's subtle.

I bumped up to this car from the Swift and this was an upgrade for me. One of the main reasons I stuck to the brand Suzuki was it's cost of ownership and customer service. The sales team followed by the service team bends over their back to keep the customer happy. I have been servicing with Surakshaa over the last 7 years, upgraded to Surakshaa's Nexa service experience which is brilliant. I have one person (Sharath) who looks into the car, so he exactly knows what needs to be done and the past history to resolve issues more effectively. This for me is a major advantage.

I service the car twice a year. One is a minor service which is just to check if everything is okay where the bill will be less than 5K and a major service which will include oil change, filter change etc which goes to about 10k. I have not had any major issues yet (touchwood) other than the usual wear and tear. Clutch, Brake pads and Tyres were replaced just once. I feel the next one is due in 1 Lakh kms.

If I had to ask for more, it would be a more safer car with 6 airbags and probably more stronger in build. I would have loved a 1.6 ltrs but practicality does not mind a 1.4 giving a consistent 14 kmpl. I missed the hybrid engine but that would have been a nice addition too. The suspension is little soft but that's nice on the city roads. Minor glitches like the AC knob on the rear seat vent keeps breaking, the rubber liner hook on one door came off although the rest of the hook holds it good and one of the hook to hold the rear sunshade broke which is fixed now. These are the only issues I ever faced. Not a single breakdown.

The beige interiors look bright and spacious but I was worried how to maintain it. The leather makes it easy. Quite easy to maintain although I must confess that I am a little particular with how the car is handled. No eating inside the car etc.

The cleanliness of the car is now taken care by Guy Car Steamer (https://g.page/guy-car-steamer?share). Simple setup but obsessed with cleanliness of your vehicle.

In short, very happy with this buy and I plan to keep it for another 3 years at least, could be more. Now there are few insurance options which gives bumper to bumper coverage till 10 years and that helps. The premium is twice though. The normal one is 9000 while bumper to bumper is 18000.

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20220203_17453801.jpg

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20220203_17444901.jpg

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20220203_17461001.jpg

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20220203_17462701.jpg

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20220203_17471001.jpg

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20220203_17482201.jpg

My car is always parked outside under sun and rain. What protects it perfectly is the TPH cover. It was expensive but worth it's price. The color of the cover faded a bit but the car was well protected. There is no fading or chip or anything anywhere. I get the car from a drive, dust it clean with a japasu cleaner and on goes the cover and keeps it clean. I have never given the car to wash to the daily car washers and I wash it or get it washed very rarely, once a month or so in trusted places.

Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership-img_20220203_18330101.jpg

Last edited by abhisheksircar : 17th February 2022 at 14:21. Reason: few typos
abhisheksircar is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed