Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2015, 09:18   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: First Servicing in 27 Days and 1114 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
+ Mileage when received was 4.X. It's going up over time. City : 13.8, Highway : 21.2
In short, it's turning out to be, as expected, a very balanced sane car.
That is some very good mileage you are getting in Bangalore with a petrol car. Those who don't drive much in the three digits and are happy to negate some performance for increased mileage should definitely consider the Ciaz.

The highway mileage also seems superb. Can you confirm if it is by the tank-ful method or are you quoting the MID numbers?

Happy Driving!
SchumiFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 09:33   #47
BHPian

Re: First Servicing in 27 Days and 1114 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
That is some very good mileage you are getting in Bangalore with a petrol car. Those who don't drive much in the three digits and are happy to negate some performance for increased mileage should definitely consider the Ciaz.

The highway mileage also seems superb. Can you confirm if it is by the tank-ful method or are you quoting the MID numbers?

Happy Driving!
That's true. I have been within the 80km mark till now and hence getting some good mileage. These are MID numbers. City, taken over a week's driving. Highway, averaged across couple of around 100 kms drives. I had read somewhere that the MID and tankful methods are returning almost same values but now let me check with a couple of tankful methods too.
Old 4th March 2015, 23:45   #48
BHPian

Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Mod Note : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

@Abhishek Sircar... All thanks to this thread of yours, i have booked a ZXI. The dealer is Popular Automobiles, Chennai. Expecting to get delivery by 20th Mar. I'm going with the Bumper to Bumper insurance which he has quoted at 25K, and 9K for handling and Basic accessories. I want to buy those 3M mats which you have bought rather than what Maruti ones. Is it available in Chennai??? Which brand is the stock tyres?? Apollo?

Guys in Chennai...please suggest a good tyre dealer. I want to buy Yokohama tyres and change it immediately. I'm not a big fan of Alloy wheels, need suggestions from you all for installing Normal wheel instead of Alloys. So I intend to change to 185/55 R normal wheels, Comments?

Last edited by GTO : 13th March 2015 at 13:08.
sandeep959 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th March 2015, 12:50   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep959 View Post
@Abhishek Sircar... All thanks to this thread of yours, i have booked a ZXI. The dealer is Popular Automobiles, Chennai. Expecting to get delivery by 20th Mar.
Super. Congratulations.

Quote:
I wanna buy those 3M mats which u have bought rather than what Maruti ones. Is it available in Chennai???
The ones I have are available in any of the 3M showrooms. There are few 3M showrooms in Chennai too. They have options of Black or Beige.

Quote:
Which brand is the stock tyres?? Apollo?
Goodyear | 195/55 R16

Quote:
Im not a big fan of Alloy wheels, need suggestions from you all for installing Normal wheel instead of Alloys. So I intend to change to 185/55 R normal wheels, Comments?
Are you planning to move to steel rims from alloys ? 185/55 would be bit small. Little lost on this one.
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 16:11   #50
BHPian

Excellent play of words with CIAZ and congrats for the new ride!
CoolCarNi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 22:27   #51
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
I got a call from the accessories department of Surakshaa and I could not think of much other than the 'Door Sill Guard with Illumination' and 'Sporty Pedal Pad'.
Congratulations. How much did these accessories cost?
JD1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 10:35   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
Congratulations. How much did these accessories cost?
I don't remember the exact prices but the Pedals were within 500 and the Door Sil Guard was 2K+. I still don't understand though as to why did Maruti miss out on the accelerator in the sporty pedal set. It comes for the brakes and clutch only.
Old 2nd May 2015, 20:25   #53
BHPian

I am in market for an upgrade from Figo an had a test drive of CIAZ today at RNS Yeshwantapur and was really impressed.

Thinking of booking VXi+ variant as I cannot stretch beyond 10L. This thread really sealed my thoughts towards CIAZ for now.

They don't have any offers and not even corporate discount being offered need to check with other dealers if any offers available.
Old 6th May 2015, 10:22   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinukm View Post
I am in market for an upgrade from Figo an had a test drive of CIAZ today at RNS Yeshwantapur and was really impressed.

Thinking of booking VXi+ variant as I cannot stretch beyond 10L. This thread really sealed my thoughts towards CIAZ for now.

They don't have any offers and not even corporate discount being offered need to check with other dealers if any offers available.
I checked with the dealer I bought from and looks like there is indeed no discounts although dealers themselves pass on same basic goodies. Not much of value though.
Old 6th May 2015, 10:51   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Abhisheksircar - hello to you and congratulations. One specific query, how are the brakes? Please revert.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 6th May 2015, 15:32   #56
BHPian

I really have not faced a panic breaking situation but for normal driving conditions it is adequate. I have not tested hard breaking deliberately yet to confirm the efficiency though. Sorry about that.
Old 7th May 2015, 10:18   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I really have not faced a panic breaking situation but for normal driving conditions it is adequate. I have not tested hard breaking deliberately yet to confirm the efficiency though. Sorry about that.
Dear Abhishek - thank you for your very correct reply from the "RWUP" (real world usage pattern) point of view, it helps in benchmarking an aggregate performance deliverable at target cost. Please do give your feedback on simulated panic braking also, particularly from the braking distance standpoint as felt by you as a customer and not the from the deceleration standpoint.

This platform is optimized by the manufacturer to offer premium appearance whilst keeping aggregate costs very low, thereby achieving economies of scale for them. Everybody does it, this is normal.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2015, 12:30   #58
BHPian

Hello friends I took the delivery of my Ciaz on 28 May and loving the Car. Just one long trip to Mysore and small drives to office for couple of days.

noticed that the engine temperature is almost more than half way mark and the bonnet really heats up even after a drive of 3 or 4 Kilometers in the night. Is that normal?
Old 7th June 2015, 13:02   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Hello friends I took the delivery of my Ciaz on 28 May and loving the Car. Just one long trip to Mysore and small drives to office for couple of days.

noticed that the engine temperature is almost more than half way mark and the bonnet really heats up even after a drive of 3 or 4 Kilometers in the night. Is that normal?
That's not normal. It usually stays within the half way mark. And it hardly heats up on a 3-4 km drive unless it is through a snarling traffic which lasted for real long.
Old 7th June 2015, 17:34   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Congrats on getting the Ciaz.

What you are experiencing isn't normal is any circumstances. Can you post the picture showing the needle position?

Please visit MASS without any delays.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks