Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2017, 17:45   #166
BHPian

Re: My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD

Stock ones on my Linea are apollo. After delivery exchanged the smaller stepney tire with the size of the other 4 tires so i needn't worry about putting back the stepney after i get a puncture fixed. Also i can rotate all 5 tyres during balancing/ alignment every 15000 kms without worrying about sticking to less than 80kmph with the stepney tire. So all 5 tyres stay equally healthy/ unhealthy. Been doing pretty well so far. Though i feel the road noise is on the higher side. Have been using Goodyears, Apollo, MRF, Bridgestones on my cars over the years and didn't find much difference between them. Have got 50000+ kms on every set. Just that one set lasted only 24000 kms because of poor balancing and alignment issues.

The Apollos have been faring well so far @13700 kms, touchwood. They are ready for another loaded 600 km trip to Pune tomorrow.

Don't know if the trip data it can hold is only upto 13/ 14000kms because i have done only 13700 kms so far and have reset it a couple of times. My Ford auto resets every 2000 kms so i think this is better.

Last 5000 kms have been 98% highway and 2% city roads. Average is hovering around 19.6kmpl since it involved some spirited driving and was also fully loaded. At one of the toll booths that also check maximum permissible weight it showed 1570 kgs. So, that's a load of 360 kgs + 1210kgs (kerb weight). If i can maintain speeds around 80 consistently i have got average of 22kmpl. I am satisfied with the highway mileage. However, in Hyd city traffic i get around 14.xx kmpl which i am a bit concerned about. It'd be great if i can keep it above 15.xx kmpl in city. My engine is tuned to deliver 73 bhp and the car runs on 175 70 R14. What do u think the impact of this could be on the mileage?

Last edited by bharatbits : 24th September 2017 at 17:55.
bharatbits is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 15:00   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
I get around 14.xx kmpl which i am a bit concerned about. It'd be great if i can keep it above 15.xx kmpl in city. My engine is tuned to deliver 73 bhp and the car runs on 175 70 R14. What do u think the impact of this could be on the mileage?
14+ is still a good number in city conditions. My driving style in city is extremely lethargic and my gear shifts happen below 2K and I coast a lot. I have developed these habits over years and helps me in not stressing myself and the car in city traffic conditions. 73 BHP and smaller tyres should help you gain better FE is my thought.

Cheers,
Pradeep.
Old 28th September 2017, 15:12   #168
BHPian

Hi Pdma

Refreshing to see your posts and updates on LINEA

Watchful Supervisor is damn Cute!!

Enjoy more miles munching this well maintained machine!!

Happy TDCing.
novicefreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 15:31   #169
BHPian

Update on Carwash

The recent rains have messed up my car it was screaming for a proper exterior wash. Iam planning a short trip out of Hyderabad starting tomorrow and I needed the car to look neat and a couple of layers of wax on the surface to keep it safe from the harsh highway dust.

For a change I decided to use the services of Carz - Madhapur, rather than my regular K Force - Madinaguda. I picked a coupon on nearbuy for Rs 149/- on Tuesday and booked an appointment for 2 PM on Wednesday.
Iam very particular about my time when I have fix appointments and as usual I reached the place on time. However the wash only started at 3:15 PM . There was another car being worked on by the time I reached and a lunch break followed. Why was I even given the appointment at 2 PM if there was a planned lunch break.
I never loose my temper for such issues, so I waited and eventually work started. It was very basic, exterior high pressure wash, some shampoo, the alloys were cleaned and the tyres were brushed. The coupon said interior vacuum cleaning included, however it was basic air cleaning in the interior using compressed air.
Anyways for Rs 149/- I did not have too much expectations, the job was mediocre. K force charges Rs 400/- which includes complete under body wash, engine dressing, interior vacuum (including boot), dashboard, door pads, external plastics and tires dressing as well. The extra Rs 250/- is worth.

At Carz

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-1.jpg

The filthy car

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-dirty.jpg

Waiting to be washed

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-waiting.jpg

Wash in Progress

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-wash.jpg

Post Wash .

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-after-wash.jpg

Waxing in Progress

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-waxed.jpg

All set for the highway run tomorrow. I will keep you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novicefreak View Post
Refreshing to see your posts and updates on LINEA

Watchful Supervisor is damn Cute!!

Enjoy more miles munching this well maintained machine!!Happy TDCing.
Thank You Mate :-).

Cheers,
Pradeep.

Last edited by pdma : 28th September 2017 at 15:56.
Old 21st March 2018, 11:40   #170
BHPian

Hi Pradeep,

How's your Linea doing? There have been no updates off late.

I read about the left pull issue in one of your earlier posts. Has it resolved completely? Did it re occur again? I have also faced the dreaded left pull issue on my Linea and i lost my peace of mind over it for the last 2 months. The issue seems to have been rectified for now (hopefully forever). Looks like this issue has been faced by thousands of Fiat owners. This has got to do something with suspension geometry, steering components, chassis alignment and i am surprised how Fiat hasn't addressed this and still continues to roll out cars with such a issue.

At the height of my frustration levels i even contemplated selling the Linea (16 months old and 21000 kms) and buying a mainstream passenger car like the Vento, City, Verna or maybe the Duster. None of them are as exciting as the Linea though. Cars that sell in 1000s have their niggles sorted on the assembly line itself. Unlike Fiat that sells less than 200 cars a month. So, i am not surprised if Fiat didn't bother correcting it.

Driving the Linea was such a pleasure earlier. However, i don't even feel like taking the car out these days. Forget long drives.

Last edited by bharatbits : 21st March 2018 at 11:47.
Old 5th October 2018, 11:22   #171
BHPian

Recently my Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD went for its 45K service (its done 41K). -

1. SA told me the brake pads are coming to an end with maybe 2-3k life left on them and he then he said the pads and rotors needs to be changed. When I asked why he said that is how it is usually done then he was telling something about some vibration if its not done and thats why rotors need to be changed. Has anyone else had this issue? I have never changed rotors in any of my cars before changing minimum 4 brake pads.

2. The first and reverse gear have been a little harder to engage, he mentioned a weak pressure plate and also clutch.

3. Right lower arm is bent and needs replacing (though I do not have any steering issues).

I took delivery of the car as my other car was also not available but I need to get these things sorted.

Any inputs from guys who have had these issues. I was thinking of getting a second opinion from a reliable outside garage.

Also my tyres are coming up for a change. Any idea which tyres are good, I was recommended Michelins, but was looking at Goodyear and Bridgestones as well.
Old 5th October 2018, 19:40   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8er View Post
Recently my Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD went for its 45K service (its done 41K). -

1. SA told me the brake pads are coming to an end with maybe 2-3k life left on them and he then he said the pads and rotors needs to be changed. When I asked why he said that is how it is usually done then he was telling something about some vibration if its not done and thats why rotors need to be changed. Has anyone else had this issue? I have never changed rotors in any of my cars before changing minimum 4 brake pads.

I changed the rotor only at around 1,40,000 Kms(after 4 sets of brake pads). I don't buy this vibration logic unless your rotor has some issues.
arun_josie is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2018, 22:04   #173
BHPian

The vibrations occur when the rotor is warped. If you dont face any abnormal behaviour during braking and if there are no grooves in the disc, dont bother about changing the rotor. It is best to inspect them by yourself. They don't often give up at 45k.

Yours pads, however might need replacement. The oem brake pads are effective but wears easily depending on usage.
--gKrish-- is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks