Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2015, 16:52   #16
D4D
BHPian

Re: My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD

Congrats pdma.
Linea is a great car, and at INR 9.5 L OTR for diesel, it looks a steal compared to the competition. Wishing you miles of trouble free ownership experience.

Good to see that Fiat has cladding for the boot door. Honestly can't think of a logical reason why it must be left out by most manufacturers.
Cost surely isn't a factor.
D4D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 11:18   #17

Congrats on your new purchase, it looks just awesome.
I feel sad for FIAT, they make best looking cars in business but service mars them, my service station chap has scared me enough in past few wrt to parts and prices of linea. IMO upgrades in Linea and punto gave them what they need most i.e better interiors, also its heartening to see when honda citys and ciaz have been shedding metals, heres a company that still gives the required amount of it.
ratangera is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 13:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats pdma!

At 9.5 l OTR, Linea Dynamic is certainly a lot more VFM than the Emotion.
It offers all the bells and whistles you can crave for.

I was not aware that the new Dynamic features the below :
1) Alloy Wheels
2) Blue & Me
3) Rear AC Vents.
4) ACC
I thought all these features were reserved for the Emotion like the earlier model.

Congrats once again for a great buy "straight from the heart" and wish you many years and miles of happy driving.
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 13:24   #19
BHPian

Thank You All,

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamliner17 View Post
Congratulations on your new Linea pdma !
It looks good and is a very good package overall. A great buy for 9.5L OTR
You bet, Iam more than happy for what I got for the price I paid.
Apart from the basic safety features Iam glad that the car also came with alloy wheels, auto head lamps, auto rain sensing wipers, 6 speakers as the market calls them ( in reality 4 speakers + 2 tweeters), blue&me, exact door open indicator, LED blinkers on OVRM and many more features in a C+ segment sedan for the price of a premium hatch in the current market .

Quote:
Originally Posted by govindremesh View Post
The new Linea was in to my office for display recently, and the only sore points I found were the lack of headroom while being seated in the front seat (Wait, I can't grow tall at this age! Did Fiat jack the seats up? ) and the interior quality that needs a bit more improvement (PS: I'm a big time VW fan).
Thankfully as I have mentioned earlier there are no 6 footers in the family and the space for us is adequate, else I totally agree to your point that the interior space is not the best in class. Iam not too sure on the height of the seats being raised, let me find out more information on this aspect.
I personally feel the quality is acceptable for the price point, as we have many in the competition who are providing similar or in some occasions inferior quality for a higher price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquashankar View Post
I too did all my test drives on the Banjara Hills roads before deciding on the Avventura.
Cool, so when is the Avvy coming home or did it already arrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
36/33 psi? Has it changed in the 2014 model? I have the 2009 model which says 30/28 psi. I cannot imagine the ride quality at 36 psi!
Yes mate, from your post I can confirm that the recommendations in psi changed. The rational can be increased ground clearance and weight in the 2014 models. As of now Iam sticking to the 36/33 psi and the car has been behaving fine, I would try to toggle a little and see if I can further improvise on the ride quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
Congrats pdma!

Enjoy her- It ain't a car, for goodness sake. 'Tis a masterpiece, the rarest of rare car that is stable, handles exceptionally, looks awesome, feels even better, and yeah- The mileage. Ruddy excellent.

A rare car- A true fusion of an awesome piece-of-art- by Rodolfo Benetto, and our famed Giorgetto Giugiaro.

It ain't a car- 'Tis a piece of art!
Wow, you are kind of into poetry . The car no doubt is excellent and I for sure am loving every minute Iam spending with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4D View Post
Good to see that Fiat has cladding for the boot door. Honestly can't think of a logical reason why it must be left out by most manufacturers.
Cost surely isn't a factor.
This has become the market trend lately and as you rightly point out we might not clearly know the reason for these small cuts. FIAT no doubt has captured minor details as well to perfection in some areas and for sure these small things put a smile on your face.
Eg: The shape of the chrome door handle resembles the shape of the car and this is just one example of finesse and detailing that went into the design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratangera View Post
I feel sad for FIAT, they make best looking cars in business but service mars them, my service station chap has scared me enough in past few wrt to parts and prices of linea.
You are right Ratan, service for sure needs a lot of improvement and from what I see and hear from many owners is that things have improved for good in the recent years. Hopefully there is further effort from FIAT to enhance the FASC experience for its customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Linea Dynamic is certainly a lot more VFM than the Emotion. It offers all the bells and whistles you can crave for.
True Arnab, the difference between dynamic & emotion is just a few additional frills as captured below.
16 inch alloys, smaller antenna, ambiance dashboard light, leather seats, rear sun curtain & cruise control ( personally the only thing I miss on my car).

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-untitled.jpg

cheers,
pdma.

Last edited by pdma : 24th March 2015 at 13:35.
pdma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 09:16   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice write-up, Pradeep. You have very much covered all the aspects of this italian beauty. Long drives are always a blissful experience in this machine.

I liked your expense policy. And an wonderful idea to invest on land with the difference in amount between Linea and City.

And glad that I was able to pass on some helpful information to you.

By the way, some superb FE numbers there.

Happy driving!
arun_josie is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 16:55   #21
BHPian

Last week managed to capture the below number on the ODO.

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-2222.jpg

Met a few other owners at Starbucks in Jubilee hills, the discussion over the pricy coffee as expected covered some points on FIAT and the cars.

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-two-dynamic.jpg

A picture captured for the memory lane.

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-three-lineas.jpg

Had another refill last week and below is the update on the FE, for a change this time the MID figure matched with the manual calculation from the tankful to tankful method.

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-trip-avg-15.4.jpg

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-4cf5e985d3598159.jpg

Cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th March 2015, 17:23   #22
BHPian

Congratulations, wishing you loads of smiles per miles, do keep us updated on the servicing and maintenance aspects too as and when the time comes. I will be picking up my car in July/August. Will be keenly observing your thread , thanks
Blue Bird is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 13:54   #23
BHPian

Delightful experience with FIAT Customer care.

I had to wait long for the car as Butta had some internal issues which were not getting cleared and eventually the car was not being allotted to them.The delay from their side made me compromise on my initial color choice pearl white as they ran out of stock.This frustrated me to a point that I wanted to step away from FIAT.
A million thanks to nkrishnap who stepped in and guided me in the right direction & sent me to AV motors. The staff at AV were courteous and I can vouch that these guys have some good customer service skills. They kept me informed throughout the various stages and gave me proper updates unlike the previous experience with another dealer.
Eventually even after placing the order FIAT did not allot / assign the car to the dealership for reasons unknown which made me restless. I sent an email to FIAT customer care explaining the situation and I promptly received a call from Pune and Sourav was the representative. He heard my concern & assured me that he would check with the regional sales manager as to why FIAT was delaying the dispatch of the car.
After a few days I received the call again and Sourav gave me a confirmation that the car would be dispatched shortly. Subsequently I received a call from AV Motors and their GM Naveen was personally involved and they managed to get the car loaded to be shipped. This happened on Saturday 14-Feb & the vehicle reached the stockyard on 16-Feb Monday. That same day around 9 AM I got a call from my SA, he took my convenient time for a full PDI and fixed the slot. Around 11 AM the same day I got a call from Sourav again and he informed me that the vehicle reached Hyderabad and the dealer would get in touch with me, to which I answered that I already received the call from AV Motors with the update.
The following Thursday 19 Feb was agreed as the delivery date and to my surprise I received another call at 3 PM from Sourav again. On the call he mentioned that AV motors informed FIAT that the car is being delivered that day and he called to confirm the same and checked if the formalities were completed to my satisfaction.
At the end of the call he requested me if they can close the ticket they opened for this concern for which I readily agreed.
I should admit the whole experience with AV motors & FIAT themselves stepping in to monitor the delivery of my car was a undoubtedly a pleasant surprise, specially when you hear a lot of bad stories about the customer service @ FIAT.Good to see that FIAT is putting in effort to change the ill perception, kudos to them for the same.

Phew !!! The car got its first scratch. A self presumed rally driver at the handle bar of an auto rickshaw was the reason for the minor mishap.
Sigh !! Life goes on and as usual after a couple of more bruises from some of those thousands of impatient maniacs on the roads, eventually we all get used to it .

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-uploadfromtaptalk1424836966012.jpg

Cheers,
pdma.
Old 30th March 2015, 18:09   #24
BHPian

Below are the details considered before opting for the one among the final 2 contenders in my case (Honda City Sv & Fiat Linea Dynamic). No doubt Honda offered a bigger and better drivable engine in the city, however a lot many pointers were taken into consideration and some effort went in to determine the actual value for money factor as explained below,

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-feature-1.jpg My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-feature-2.jpg

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-other-comparission.jpg

Iam also sharing the excel sheet (after some cosmetic changes), I used to compute various calculations to arrive at a logical conclusion as mentioned above before plonking in my money. All the calculations shown below are strictly from my point of view and I would respect any difference in opinion and would not want to flake any unwanted arguments .

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-price-advantage-calc1.jpg

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-price-advantage-2.jpg

cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 16:15   #25
BHPian

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-flowers.jpg

Some well thought features by FIAT - these might be small things but they really put a smile on your face. All these add more quotient to the car and elevates the thought you get much more than what you pay for .

1) Automatic fuel supply cut-off during accidents.
2) The delayed swipe of the front wiper,when you spray water to clean the glass the wipers come into action and wipe the glass for about 4 times & then after 6 seconds delay it gives 1 more wipe to wipe residual water coming down on windshield.
3) If you unlock the doors using the remote control & you did not open the door, after 30 seconds, doors will be re-locked automatically.
4) You can't get locked out. If you insert the key and close the door or come out after a trip and forget to remove the key, doors will not be locked automatically.
5) The HU has a speed sensing volume feature which you can activate/ deactivate. Once you activate, the music volume rises with speed & reduces at lower speed.This is an excellent & useful feature.
6) You cannot change settings in MID when you are driving – A safety feature.
7) Headlights turn off when you remove the key from the ignition.
8) Multi-information display tells you exactly which door is open.
9) Mechanism to prevent airlock when the fuel goes empty. The car stops with 3 liters of fuel still remaining in tank which will be in accessible. So when you refill again your car is back to normal unlike other cars where the airlock has to be released.This feature is both an advantage and disadvantage IMO.
10) If you leave the interior cabin lights ON by mistake and lock the car , it will automatically switch off all cabin lights after 20 min and would save your battery from discharging.
11) The stock HU starts tuning to a newer station if it senses the FM radio signal is weak, this sometimes can be irritating as the Antenna is nothing much to write about and can frequently switch between stations when we have an obstruction.
12) Illumination control for instrument cluster.
13) Speed Control beep warning.
14) Soft Open glove box.
15) When you open the boot, on the right hand side, inside on the body wall, there is a small string with a loop at the end, hanging out. In case something happens to the mechanical assembly/ lever to open the fuel tank opening for fueling & you can't open it, pull this string & the fuel lid will be released.

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-emergency-fuel-lid-release.jpg

Cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 08:31   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Below are the details considered before opting for the one among the final 2 contenders in my case (Honda City Sv & Fiat Linea Dynamic). No doubt Honda offered a bigger and better drivable engine in the city, however a lot many pointers were taken into consideration and some effort went in to determine the actual value for money factor as explained below,
That is a very detailed and thoughtful analysis, Pradeep. Thanks for sharing it.

By the way, I think the ground clearance of Linea is more than the City, Is there a change in ground clearance for new Linea?
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 08:39   #27
Team-BHP Support

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
By the way, I think the ground clearance of Linea is more than the City, Is there a change in ground clearance for new Linea?

Looks like it was pasted the other way round. Honda City is 165mm and Linea is 185.

I'm really surprised City is still taller than the Linea, even though Linea stands 20mm higher from the ground!

And what a brilliant analysis. Didn't know Linea was 3 lakhs cheaper on road than the City SV. IMHO- please share it on this thread as well - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3675900

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 1st April 2015 at 08:46.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2015, 01:16   #28
BHPian

Thank you Pradeep for this in depth analysis . I was in love with the Linea ever since I drove it however I was at a loss of words when it came to convincing the family members. Well now all I need is a copy of this analysis!
Old 4th April 2015, 13:26   #29
BHPian

Its been about a month and a half of ownership, things moving at a smooth pace and no major issues encountered so far. The car had a quick wax session at home today and the results are below.
Attached Thumbnails
My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-1428134120867.jpg  

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-1428134151180.jpg  

pdma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2015, 14:34   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post

Some well thought features by FIAT - these might be small things but they really put a smile on your face. All these add more quotient to the car and elevates the thought you get much more than what you pay for .

There a few more things which FIAT has not said anywhere and is left for the user to discover.

1. You can adjust the brightness of the MID, AC, HU screens!. when you turn on the park light and press the + or - button near MENU button.

2. The park lamps of only one side can also be used by turning them on and moving the turn indicator stalks.
Umesh Kumar61 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks