Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2015, 19:26   #61
BHPian

Re: My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
10,000 KM - 6 Months (approx)

1) No direct Folder changing option on the ICE, one has to take a loooong path via Blue & Me for a simple folder change. This is very irritating.
Just click on the windows button and say "Browse folders". Speak normally and no shouting please. Blue & me hates people who speak too loud. Works almost everytime for me.
SUPERSPORT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 15:34   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil0405 View Post
Hi pdma,

Been following your thread for a while. I like your reasoning for the purchase.
I too have booked Linea mjd emotion in magnesio grey color. Delivery expected tomorrow. Will be glued to this thread for your experiences.
Congratulations !!!,

Iam sure you would have picked the car by now. I will keep updating this thread .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERSPORT View Post
Just click on the windows button and say "Browse folders". Speak normally and no shouting please. Blue & me hates people who speak too loud. Works almost everytime for me.
Hello Mate,

I tried this yesterday and the command is not being recognized at all. Not sure if I need to update the B&M version to have this enabled.

Cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 23:29   #63
BHPian

Quote:

Hello Mate,

I tried this yesterday and the command is not being recognized at all. Not sure if I need to update the B&M version to have this enabled.

Cheers,
pdma.
Well I'm surprised that it didn't work for you. 'Browse folders' is the command that I use the most due to the very reason that you have posted. And I haven't updated blue & me yet. It's the same version that came with my car 6 years back! So hopefully it should work on your car too. I had seen a YouTube video on an Indian Linea which showed all these commands. Will PM you the link if I can find that. I had tried these commands on my cousins Punto too and it worked. It's also written in the B&M manual. Speaking just 'folders' can also bring up the folders menu. But it's difficult for B&M to identify. But 'browse folders' works almost 95% of the time I use it.
SUPERSPORT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 14:59   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations !!!,

Iam sure you would have picked the car by now. I will keep updating this thread .
Thanks. Took the delivery on 9th Sep. Car is still in the parking since I brought it home. Need some time over the weekend to get used to the dimensions in the mad Pune traffic. Until then my humble Santro continues to do its job.
Attached Thumbnails
My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-car.gif  

Last edited by nikhil0405 : 11th September 2015 at 15:01.
nikhil0405 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 09:27   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERSPORT View Post
Will PM you the link if I can find that. I had tried these commands on my cousins Punto too and it worked. It's also written in the B&M manual.
Thank You SUPERSPOT,

I will try and update the feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil0405 View Post
Took the delivery on 9th Sep. Car is still in the parking since I brought it home.
Congratulations !!!, welcome to the minority in minority club .
Wishing you many happy miles ahead.

Cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2015, 10:32   #66
BHPian

Refill Update

Refill No : 20
FE : 17.2 kmpl (tankful to tankful)
Traffic : Moderate
Driving Style : Sedate

Second consecutive Refill where the car returned an FE of 17 kmpl (approx) in city driving conditions.

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-img_20150905_152033.jpg

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-img_20150905_152054.jpg

Numbers on the fuel dispenser

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-img_20150905_152401.jpg

Historical Chart

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-fe-chart.jpg

Cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 16:42   #67
BHPian

It was a lazy Sunday, and just after breakfast the discussion opened up as to what can be done for the rest of the day. Without any second thoughts we decided to drive, the next question obviously was to where ?. Folks from Hyderabad are not fortunate unlike people from other cities who may have some good options around to drive. With limited options available we decided to go to an old temple in Amma Palli (near Shamshabad) and later drive to zaheerabad for lunch.

A few pics of the old Ramalayam in Amma Palli. One needs to take the straight road right next to the Shamshabad main bus stand and after about 4 km you would find an arch on your left which will lead you to the temple premises.

A few pics of the place.

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-temple-inside.jpg

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-temple2.jpg

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-temple-3.jpg

The Koneru which is surprisingly dry in-spite of the rains last week.

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-koneru.jpg

Ample parking around.

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-ample-parking.jpg

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-cartemple.jpg

After spending about an hour here, we moved on for lunch. The place was decided on the way and we stopped at Hill Park which had some good reviews. We have never been to this place before, the concept looked interesting where you can park your car next to your table. The food was not bad, however it felt a little pricy for the quantity being served.

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-hill-park.jpg

The lazy drive (speed 80-90kmph, rpm between 1600-1800, AC -100% @ 23 degrees) did return a very strong FE.

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-fe.jpg

The sole intention was to have a pleasurable drive and the purpose was definitely achieved .

Cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 10:29   #68

Nice place for a short visit. Yes, like you said, there are hardly any decent driving destinations available to Hyderabadis unlike every other large city which has hillstations or vacation spots within 200 kms.

Thank you for posting this Amma palli temple spot. We will visit it in the coming weekend.

And that is a solid upkeep of your car! Very well maintained, especially the beige interiors.
aquashankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 11:35   #69
BHPian

Nice pictures.
Sorry if I am going off topic, My 2012 Linea side beading(near the door) has started cracking and pealing off from few places and may not be able to hold on for a long time. What should I do in this case? Shall I go for complete door beading replacement or is it possible to replace the particular section only?
Any idea as to how much it may cost to replace the entire beading? Can it be done at any FNG or should I rely to FIAT A**?
grevvity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 10:32   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevvity View Post
beading replacement or is it possible to replace the particular section only?
Any idea as to how much it may cost to replace the entire beading? Can it be done at any FNG or should I rely to FIAT A**?
Hello mate,
Iam not too sure, I will try to gather more information and revert.

Reporting a couple of minor mishaps over the past few weeks, service @ FIAT camp and an upcoming drive plan.

Incident 1: My father was at the wheel and we were supposed to turn into a narrow lane on the left. So, naturally to steer the long car he pulled right and the car jerked with a loud noise. The front right wheel of car landed in a deep ditch covered with grass, making it impossible for anyone to notice. After two attempts and some help with stones around I managed to pull the car out. There was no visible damage as such except for a very minor bend on the front bumper which I was able to correct after applying some counter force.
The next morning when I rolled the car out from the parking I noticed that the steering wheel is misaligned and tilted towards the right. Surprisingly it was not present the previous day after the incident on our way back home. I planned to have this corrected the subsequent day. The next morning just before getting into the car I noticed that a flat tyre (left front). Since I was running out of time I decided to leave it the way it was and took the Santro to work. I thought I would have the puncture corrected in the evening, however my father who was at home that day called a nearby puncturewala who came home and fixed it.
Now the next day when I got into the car I noticed that the steering auto corrected and the tilt is no longer evident, I absolutely have no idea how this happened.

Incident 2: On my way back from work on a busy evening, a careless overspending biker bumped into the car at a traffic signal where I halted on the extreme right. I heard a thud and the jerk, I turned my attention to the rear view mirror and I can see him hurriedly backing up. In the next few seconds he squeezed through the pile of the vehicles ahead of my car and took off in the free left lane. What was he doing on the right when we had to go extreme left (or may be he escaped).
I moved on with a heavy heart, a few pics below thankfully the damage was 2 small scratches and not pretty bad as I expected (the thick hard plastic cladding came to the rescue).

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-scratch.jpg

Found this different looking insect the other day.

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-insect.jpg

Taking advantage of the upcoming Dussehara vacation we planned a trip starting this Friday 16 Oct. We would be doing the below route between Oct 16 - Oct 24.

Hyderabad - Bangalore - Virajpet - Kannur - Mysore - Bangalore - Hyderabad.
Mysore was included again as my family was not present when I was there last time.

Approximate distance to be covered - 2000 km.
No of days - 8
No of drivers - 2 (Me & my father)
No of Passengers - 4 (3 adults & a 5 year old)

The plan was very tentative until last Saturday, however since we had a rough plan I decided to have a through checkup of the car done during the recent FIAT camp at AV Motors. The following things were thoroughly checked, Iam very satisfied with the way things were handled & we are all decked up for the trip.
  • Fluid levels.
  • Battery health.
  • Full under-body check.
  • Battery terminals were sprayed with some blue mixture and I was informed that this would prevent carbon deposits.
  • Air filter was cleaned.
  • Suspension was checked and any minor loose nuts were tightened.
  • The rear left mud flap had lost a screw and was half hanging, this was fixed too.
  • Headlights were adjusted as I noticed that the the high beam was focused earlier. The adjustment addressed the issue.
  • Steering needed a very minor adjustment and it was done.
  • No alignment issues noticed.
  • Complete body wash was done.
Total time taken - 2 hours.
Amount charged - Rs 0.00

Updated FE chart & few pics of the numbers.

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-fuel-pump.jpg

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-16.2.jpg

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-6c2d648c42de1ac7.jpg

I spent a few hours on Saturday waxing the car after preparing the surface. These layers of wax should be protecting the paint from the harsh highway dust, bug hits and very minor stone hits. The final result below.

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-wax.jpg

Cheers,
pdma
pdma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 11:35   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevvity View Post
Hello again,

Just checked with a few friends and we can have only one of the chrome beading replaced at FASS. The cost would be approximately Rs 1000 - Rs 1200.

Cheers,
pdma.
Old 12th October 2015, 11:39   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Hello again,

Just checked with a few friends and we can have only one of the chrome beading replaced at FASS. The cost would be approximately Rs 1000 - Rs 1200.

Cheers,
pdma.
Thanks for your prompt response but I am sorry I wasn't able to explain properly. The beading I am referring to is not the one in chrome but the rubber beading alongside the door frame attached to the body. I will try to click and post a picture to highlight the affected part.
Old 14th November 2015, 05:10   #73
BHPian

Finally I finished composing my first travelogue (Our trip from last month as captured in previous posts). It has been approved and the link is active in the appropriate section.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170195

Cheers,
pdma.
Old 16th November 2015, 11:16   #74
BHPian

The Odo is now at 14300 KM (9 months). The second service free service scheduled for 15000 KM would be coming up shortly. I have started being very attentive to capture the smallest of issues (if any) so that I can get them addressed during my visit.

I personally think, I have understood how to get good FE in city conditions with this heavy machine. The trick is to understand how to manage torque, power and smartly use the accelerator for controlled / anticipated breaking rather than hitting hard on the breaks forcing you to downshift and build momentum again.

Having said that all my tricks are thrown out of the window as soon as I hit those highways, my driving style takes a 180 degree turn and I enjoy the drive combined with the car's capabilities .

A quick update on the FE stats.

My 2014 Grey Fiat Linea 1.3L MJD-fe.jpg

Cheers,
pdma.
Old 23rd November 2015, 18:47   #75
BHPian

Pleasant Experience at AV motors.

Today, I went to AV motors service center at sanath nagar for PDI of 2 cars (90 HP Evo and a TJet), not mine though . I tagged along with the owners on their request as I had a day off.
While we were about to start the process (accompanied with the staff), the SA - Sandeep walked upto me and said while you are busy with the PDI, why don't we get your car a complimentary wash. I for sure felt happy about this nice gesture.

Thank You AV .

Cheers,
pdma.

Most Viewed