Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2015, 18:29   #16
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Eon: 3 years & 60,000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciddharth View Post
60,000 kms in 3 years translates to a lot of usage. Even my A Star has covered only 53,000 kms in 6 years. Does that mean you intend to upgrade soon after completing some more miles?
Thanks ciddharth. I would like to complete 120,000 kms as a second milestone. Upgrade? Not really! From last 3 months, We as a family settled at one place. So, no more weekend family runs. I'm expecting 10,000 kms per year for next 60K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Clubbing Corolla D-4D with Spark, Tata Ace - made
me laugh. But is Corolla D-4D really so bad in performance?
Thanks Simhi! I was expecting this! No offences to Corolla D-4D owners. Eon is all about City runs. In city streets, Corolla D-4D do struggles for outright acceleration if driver has a light right foot.

P.S: Corolla D-4D is a fantastic car. Please take my comment/comparision in lighter manner!

Last edited by zalaps : 1st April 2015 at 18:31. Reason: More details
Old 1st April 2015, 19:06   #17
BHPian

Excellent report zalaps!

I have a similar experience. Wanted a car on a strict budget.

- Eon Magna+. Aug 2012. 66.5k done.

- Stock + Remote lock.

- Have kept a 6 month cycle for service. about 12k on the odo for each stint. I do make it a point to tank up at the same pump (with very few exceptions) - HP @ Bodakdev

- Drive 95-100 km everyday between Ahmedabad, Bhat and Gandhinagar.

- Summers with AC around 21 kmpl, winters without AC 23-24 kmpl

- Top speed achieved - 130 kph (not kidding, on a decline) I have seen a video of someone @ 155 on Youtube - Yamuna xpressway to Agra.

Only grouse - pick up. Horrible, especially when racing against time in the morning run to the office!

Dont mind, but I dont get why everybody keeps complaining about the gear level on the Eon. It would be better if people keep their eyes on the road and hands on the wheel while driving; and let the poor lever dance away merrily. Its certainly not a deal breaker as some feel.

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th April 2015 at 13:12. Reason: 2 smileys max as per the rules. Thanks.
rlakhanpal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 19:55   #18

I have a soft corner for cheap honest cars - The Hyundai Eon is just that. It promises to provide cost effective and safe transportation for a family of four with reasonable luxury. And it delivers 100% on that. Agreed its a 3 pot with questionable performance but as a smart city car for a small family, it has very few things against it.
In fact this can be one car that makes the Alto 800 look overpriced!
Rsen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 19:22   #19
BHPian

I own an EON and for the past one and half years i have been getting mileage around 13-14 kmpl. I wonder how do you get 21 kmpl. Please advice on how did you achieve this mileage?
Old 3rd April 2015, 09:14   #20
BHPian

Hi Zalaps,

Fantastic coverage on the EON, great work in putting it together.
I too own a EON and my signture line too reads "A Happy EONian"

I think mine was the first Initital Ownership thread and have been very occasional with the updates on the thread.

I have clocked 21K so far and agree with all the points that you make. The build quality, performance and the satisfaction of the ownership.

I still wonder why Alto does almost 4 times the Sales number to EON. Well, Maruti's got its own huge fan club.

What's the tool you are using to log the data you have compiled here. can you share the same?
mahen_narang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2015, 10:04   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by igybeck View Post
I own an EON and for the past one and half years i have been getting mileage around 13-14 kmpl. I wonder how do you get 21 kmpl. Please advice on how did you achieve this mileage?
Three factors:
  • My drives happen on either highways or less crowded roads.
  • Rare usage of AC
  • I do not accelerate rapidly. Gear Shifts always happened as Gear Suggester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahen_narang View Post
Hi Zalaps,

Fantastic coverage on the EON, great work in putting it together.
I too own a EON and my signature line too reads "A Happy EONian"

I think mine was the first Initial Ownership thread and have been very occasional with the updates on the thread.

What's the tool you are using to log the data you have compiled here. can you share the same?
Thanks, mahen_narang!
Yes, Yours was the first one on the forum. You may find my posts on the thread

Service & Repair costs are maintained in spreadsheet.
Fuel costs screens are from Fuelio. It is available at https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...a.fuelio&hl=en

Last edited by zalaps : 3rd April 2015 at 10:05. Reason: spell check
Old 3rd April 2015, 20:19   #22
BHPian

Good Ownership report with all the real life challenges, complete with service detail. In one word, Neat!

As another person said, this can be used as a template for other reports.
Crank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 10:48   #23
Team-BHP Support

One of most detailed, crisp ownership review here! Fantastic detail and no nonsense report.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalaps View Post
Driver + 4 passengers + 100 kg luggage
Entire set of your descriptions here are applicable for any car/any make of this size.
Recently I made a long trip with a 3 pots Polo and trust me there is no difference in behaviour.
Rudra Sen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2015, 19:12   #24
BHPian

Excellent review. Its great to see this little car being driven and loved so much.

We too have an EON ( 0.8 L ) that is now 3.5 years old and primarily or rather only driven by my wife . Its a fine little car that is perfect for city runs , kids going to school , classes and usual errands . There have been no surprises with that car and is reasonably cheap to maintain . Once a year service since we drive it less is also a plus point.

Only thing is that now my wife also dives my City at times and finds the EON too underpowered and a no fun car . May think of swapping it for something else , but not sure about resale value . I would be lucky to fetch even 2.5 lacs.

One thing I would like to mention is that I stay in a coastal area ( JVPD , MUMBAI ) and the car has held up well for rusting . I was apprehensive about this at first when I purchased an A segment car , but have been pleasantly surprised so far.

Enjoy your car and keep this thread updated as time goes.
manishkapadia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2015, 13:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

Its been a wonderful 15 months with our 0.8L Eon too. The car is extremely non fussy, low on maintenance (Once a year service), great AC and surprisingly plush. Total bargain.
My only displeasure is the low GC, hits every speed breaker. Hope they correct this in Ver 2.
Old 26th June 2015, 16:02   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
Excellent review. Its great to see this little car being driven and loved so much.

Only thing is that now my wife also drives my City at times and finds the EON too underpowered and a no fun car . May think of swapping it for something else , but not sure about resale value . I would be lucky to fetch even 2.5 lacs.
Hey Manish,
Thanks for comments. Eon surely is underpowered. At time of upgrade I'll make sure that next car is respectably powered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Its been a wonderful 15 months with our 0.8L Eon too. The car is extremely non fussy, low on maintenance (Once a year service), great AC and surprisingly plush. Total bargain.
My only displeasure is the low GC, hits every speed breaker. Hope they correct this in Ver 2.
Hey Sebring,
I totally agree with you on AC part. It's bone chilling unit. AC never let me down in 45 degree Ahmedabad Summer.

Last edited by zalaps : 26th June 2015 at 16:02. Reason: more info
zalaps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2015, 03:34   #27
BHPian

Re: Maintenance Log

What a crisp write up. Was skimming through various threads today (tonight actually, it is around 3 am right now) and I came across this. As Rudra Sen has so very rightly pointed out, that this is a crisp and a non nonsense update. I must admit I admire the meticulousness with which you have take logs. Fuelio - first time I heard about this app. Installed, spent around 20 minutes entering info in it, and then back to this thread. Am surely going to be recommending this app. Any other apps you use?

Am also impressed with the Excel screenshots you have put up. If there is a template you use, do share it, unless it has the same parameters we see in the screenshots. Am I right in saying that that's probably a final output. Do you use any forms? Do let me know. Would be of great help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalaps View Post
I think we as car owners are responsible for this.
Agree. Couldn't have put it better.
krackr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 17:32   #28
BHPian

Re: Maintenance Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by krackr View Post
If there is a template you use, do share it, unless it has the same parameters we see in the screenshots. Am I right in saying that that's probably a final output. Do you use any forms? Do let me know. Would be of great help.
Hey,
Thanks for kind words. I'm not using any template or form.

Also. The final update.
Car has been sold to a family friend after 4 years & 70000 KM. It served wonderfully till last day. I could not take details of 70K service as it was sold in a week post service.

Following things changed in 70K service over recommended ones:
- Brake Pads
- Hatch Hydraulic Lifters
- Hatch Key Latch
Old 17th August 2021, 03:44   #29
BHPian

Such detailed and meticulously noted down facts and data. I have been following this thread even before i was a member. Now that i am finally here, would like to drop in a picture of my first car (Hyundai Eon). Its 9 years old an still with me.Hyundai Eon: 3 years & 60,000 kms-img_0413.jpg
TN20CQ5187 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 15:26   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN20CQ5187 View Post
Such detailed and meticulously noted down facts and data. I have been following this thread even before i was a member. Now that i am finally here, would like to drop in a picture of my first car (Hyundai Eon). Its 9 years old an still with me.Attachment 2194207
Hey TN20CQ5187
What an fantastic image!
I regret not taking wonderful image of my eon
zalaps is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks