Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2006, 07:18   #16
BHPian

Great project .... but i wish you post some more information regarding the endorsements from the RTOs and all .... more over can you request your friend to post the details of were he pilled up the engine from ... the cost issue and the condition! just in case we also wanna buy one
Old 23rd August 2006, 19:00   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Quote Mpower
Congrats. Car looks sweet.
You could have bought a more expensive brand new car for the money...but you went out and did what you did and thats really commendable.
I didnt get you, fyi cost spend on it is very very far from cost of expensive brand new car.

Quote:
Noticed that the engine came with the double wishbone suspension. Did you just junk it? what spring and shocks are you using for it.
The suspension components are of Civic EG chasis and had come along with the engine but they were not direct fit, it required alteration in both right&left front Apron with cutting & welding done by hand, doing that would so alter the geometry of car structure hence i decided to junk it & use OEM stock suspensions but upgraded those with adjustable coil over suspensions & stiffer springs.

Quote:
Quote GTO
Thats my only concern. Isnt it a little too harsh for daily use? Its not exactly smooth when transferring the power to the wheels
Since i had to change the clutch i decided to spend only once & got stage 4 clutch which can be used for both Street/Strip & it can handle power in access of 350whp. its irritating sometime in traffic but i am used to it now.

Quote:
Quote Boom Shiva
Hey, how's the handling with that much power? Stock Vtec feels scary after 150. This must be mad!
After lowering my car by 1in in rear & 1/2 in front first i got wheel alignment (front & rear ) & balancing done then I tested my car with stock ECM on expressway on straight i maxed out at 185KMph cause JDM engines have speed restrictions, it was running rock solid on straight & on twist & turns thanks to bridgestone GIII with 205 profile. Once i rebuild my engine i will test my car again but i dont think it will be safe to take a lighweight car over 220KpH though she would be capable.
Old 23rd August 2006, 19:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Nice review. Like mentioned, your report spells ENTHUSIASM...! I almost choked myself at the Speedrun, when you were redlining the beast. Man, you could give Concorde a run for it's money with that exhaust note. I've heard Lancers, Balenos and City 1.5's WITHOUT any header/manifold, and your baby is LOUDER....! With the headers...! Wonder what she'd sound like without any restriction....
Old 25th August 2006, 22:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam
I didnt get you, fyi cost spend on it is very very far from cost of expensive brand new car.
I said more expensive....as in more than the used OHC 1.3 that you picked up.
Old 25th August 2006, 23:31   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
I said more expensive....as in more than the used OHC 1.3 that you picked up.
Ok i will have to reveal some more statistics which i didnt wanted to.

Cost of OHC 1.3L Yr 2001 = 3L Power you get 90 Bhp

Cost of OHC Vtec 1.5L Yr 2001 = between 4.25- 4.5L power you get 106 Bhp

Landed Cost of Engine + labour + Miscellaneous components =2L (actual cost to me +- 10K)

Cost of OHC 1.3L Yr 2001 with JDM B16A = 3L + 2L = 5L
Minus cost of 1.3L engine with gearbox which i sold off for 45K = 5L-45K = 4,55000/=

So Net cost to me for
OHC Vtec with B16A = 4,55,000/= with factory gauranted power of 170 Bhp.

now you compare indian Spec Vtec engine the cost & mine car cost with B16 the price difference will be hardly anything between +- 15K, but i have got a solid foundation to start with.

So what ever mods you do on both like suspension/brakes/clutch/turbo etc will be common to both but the output result will be totally different between 1.5Vtec & B16 Dohc vtec.

Rocam

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th August 2006 at 06:12. Reason: 1.3 >> 1.5 typo corrected
Ford Rocam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2006, 23:40   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok i will have to reveal some more statistics which i didnt wanted to.

Cost of OHC 1.3L Yr 2001 = 3L Power you get 90 Bhp

Cost of OHC Vtec 1.5L Yr 2001 = between 4.25- 4.5L power you get 106 Bhp

Landed Cost of Engine + labour + Miscellaneous components =2L (actual cost to me +- 10K)

Cost of OHC 1.3L Yr 2001 with JDM B16A = 3L + 2L = 5L
Minus cost of 1.3L engine with gearbox which i sold off for 45K = 5L-45K = 4,55000/=

So Net cost to me for
OHC Vtec with B16A = 4,55,000/= with factory gauranted power of 170 Bhp.
Now thats what i call a bargain. Haha

For the price of a 106bhp car, you got a 170bhp one made. And 170 is just stock power, there's still room for a lot more.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th August 2006 at 06:12. Reason: 1.3 >> 1.5 typo corrected
Old 26th August 2006, 02:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing the figs. That is indeed a steal.
Old 26th August 2006, 04:56   #23

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

great review,thats a beautiful car you have there,especially the part under the hood.you actually did manage quite a steal with the figures you jut gave.i can see a lot of hard work went into the car but you make it sound so easy.kudos to you on a job well done.would love to see the car in action.some more pics please.
Old 26th August 2006, 13:17   #24
Senior - BHPian

hey dood ..

i think that the deal being a steal is not the issue here ..

just the fact that you had the *****, not to mention the time and the patience to pull it off is what is REALLY commendable.

I mean even though i have a 5L budget, would i have the enthusiasm that you did to go through with the project .. i don't know !! maybe i'd pay 40-50k extra and get someone elso do it for me ..

great going !! and keep the faith
Old 26th August 2006, 14:31   #25
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful car very clean job...and goin by the top gear article,i kind of guessed your tuner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam's signature
cheap and reliable wont be fast , cheap and fast wont be reliable , reliable and fast wont be cheap.
Which part of this relates to your car?
Old 27th August 2006, 01:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hey Ford Rocom,

Amazing Car..
Thanks For The Figures..
Would Like To Take A Drive..

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Old 27th August 2006, 12:56   #27
BHPian

amazing .... now thats a truly commendable and worthwhile project.
Old 27th August 2006, 15:58   #28
Senior - BHPian

Gives a whole new meaning to the term Value for Money. Thanks a bunch for that TREMENDOUSLY USEFUL info, Rocam. Clears a lot of doubts.....not many would be kind enough to do what you have done. Helps a lot.
Old 20th September 2006, 20:37   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeckozzy
how much did the entire project cost you. And can you give me the no of your guy who did it ....and what the price difference wrt the b18c
The cost has been put up by Jitu. And the car has been tuned by Karan of KS Motorsport. This car is quick. Very fast.
The B18c is also tuned by Karan, and is presently in Delhi. Thats a damn monster.

X
Old 20th September 2006, 21:36   #30
Senior - BHPian

Great download Jitu...appreciate it!

Im prolly one of those lucky guys who got to see and feel the car sitting right here in blore when Jitu had come for the speed drag. The car sounded heavenly and every bit of that under the hood view spewed venom!!! Apart from a very modest reaction time I guess Jitu managed a 14.3secs ET for a 1/4th mile...damn bloody good!!! However Im sure that car is capable of going under 14secs...hopefully next time around.

Thanks for sharing the experience Jitu...Best of luck with your upcoming project.

p.s: Plan to come to mumbai some time soon.....hope to catchup!

Last edited by The Wolf : 20th September 2006 at 21:37.

Most Viewed