Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2020, 08:10   #331
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Mercedes C220 Review | EDIT: Sold after 9 years and 1.05 lakh km

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sairam_ramani View Post
there is this C200 Kompressor for sale in Chennai. 2005. Run just 21k.
Best avoided.

- The maintenance & upkeep on any 15-year old German car will be steep. 1 or 2 major repairs and you'll abandon the car as the repair cost won't make sense (vs its book value). This particular model was known for requiring lots of work (e.g. air-con evaporator every two years without fail).

- Being 15 years old, odds are that it doesn't "drive like a Mercedes" anymore. Cars wear out faster on Indian roads.

- The sole reason to buy an old Mercedes would be for sentimental value or timelessness. I can understand someone buying a W123 or W124 with the intent of restoring it, but not a 15-year old W203.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2020, 17:52   #332
Senior - BHPian

re: Mercedes C220 Review | EDIT: Sold after 9 years and 1.05 lakh km

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Lexus either matches or exceeds the sales of MBenz & BMW in the States. In 2007, it was the best selling luxury brand too. In fact, it has outsold Mercedes & BMW each year since the year 2000. Says a lot, naah?
It's 2020, 20 years since Lexus accomplished this feat in the US and 12 years since the above post was made. Lexus has not managed to come even remotely close to that in India. Sheer laziness on their part and their parent company Toyota.

Quote:
Wanted to update that the car has been sold at 5.5 lakhs couple of months ago. 9 years old with 1.05 lakh kms on the odometer and an MH15 registration, it went at a good price (for both, buyer & seller).
Looks like the car has not been transferred unless the new owner has the same surname as you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sairam_ramani View Post
Hi, there is this C200 Kompressor for sale in Chennai. 2005. Run just 21k.
Exactly the reason I read this entire thread. I just saw a 2003 C200 Kompressor done 37K Kms in immaculate condition. Mumbai registered but in Goa. However it's the base Classic variant.

Quote:
Best avoided.
Damn. I thought it was a good buy.
pedrolourenco is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks