Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2015, 13:54   #16
BHPian

re: My Go-kart. Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT, Cerulean Blue - 2 Months & 3,200 Kms update

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadFiend View Post
Congratulations Torino - the pictures are beautiful and the alloys just look awesome - photo shoot tastefully done! This is indeed a very tempting proposition.

It'd be great if you could elaborate on the below (compared to your Ertiga for example).
Thanks RoadFiend. I am a noob in photography, but I take lot of photos when I get a camera.

To answer your questions;
Road and engine noise in phone call: As per my experience I think there is a possibility of hearing some noise when driving on bad roads and loose ground.
Reversing: You have to be alert only when you want to close that last couple of inches of gap (or) when you want to reverse very close to an object. When you have enough space then reversing will never be a problem. I would say I am good in reversing my Ertiga very close to a wall (inch perfect), but couldn't in the Alto. I admit that I have not tried close reverse parking in a conventional automatic car.
Bouncy ride: I keep the recommended tire pressure of 35psi in all four tires. I did try 32 psi and did not find any considerable difference in ride, but the tires became noisy.

I would request you to take a test drive before you decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya101 View Post
Congratulations for making one of the most practical purchases for city driving.

One q - does chennai have a lot of flyovers? What is the technique to deal with stop and go traffic on flyovers/inclines?
Thanks aditya101. There are few large flyovers, I use the handbrake in stop and go on flyover/incline and it makes the job very easy and the car does not roll back.

The technique is: when in D mode stop in incline, engage handbrake, take foot off brake and accelerator, press accelerator when you want to move forward, release handbrake when the car tries to leap ahead, drive on.
Torino is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 16:07   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torino View Post

Thanks W.A.G.7. The blue color definitely helps in the overall looks of the car. The sticker is purely aesthetic, also have one on the rear of the car. I got these stickers done from an online printing website.
Hello Torino,
Could you please let me know about the printing website you mentioned? I was looking for a 1.6 Sigma/DuraTEC badge for our Classic, which is no more factory fitted. Can experts suggest anything?

Cheers.

Last edited by mobike008 : 14th May 2015 at 03:50. Reason: spell error
Old 13th May 2015, 20:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

re: My Go-kart. Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT, Cerulean Blue - 2 Months & 3,200 Kms update

Buddy i love what you have done to your car, the alloys complement the look and i love the paint as well. This is a good example of the K10 and deserves a spot in the tastefully moded cars thread.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 22:49   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Hello Torino,
Could you please let me lnow about the printing website you mentioned? I was looking for a 1.6 Sigma/DuraTEC badge for our Classic, which is no more factory fitted. Can experts suggest anything?

Cheers.
Hi petrohead_neel, I used this to make my stickers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Buddy i love what you have done to your car, the alloys complement the look and i love the paint as well. This is a good example of the K10 and deserves a spot in the tastefully moded cars thread.
Thanks sumeethaldankar. I want to add at least the rear roof spoiler before posting in the tastefully modded cars thread. At a later stage I have plans of DRLs integrated projector headlamps and LED tail lamps.
Old 13th May 2015, 22:49   #20
BHPian

Nice color and alloys!

What is the fuel efficiency that you are getting?

I own a Celerio AMT and got 16.38 kmpl (best) and 14.38 kmpl (worst) in city (tankful to tankful method) without much use of AC.
Diesel lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 23:01   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
Nice color and alloys!

What is the fuel efficiency that you are getting?

I own a Celerio AMT and got 16.38 kmpl (best) and 14.38 kmpl (worst) in city (tankful to tankful method) without much use of AC.
Thanks Diesel lover. My car is just one month and 1800kms old. I got an overall mileage of 14.5kmpl (tankful to tankful method). I always drive with AC and 90% of my drive is inside Chennai city. I will update with the latest mileage figures soon.
Old 14th May 2015, 09:42   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Diesel lover. My car is just one month and 1800kms old. I got an overall mileage of 14.5kmpl (tankful to tankful method). I always drive with AC and 90% of my drive is inside Chennai city. I will update with the latest mileage figures soon.
Those are nice figures with AC in Chennai city. Celerio has been mostly driven in Chandigarh city. Since we had cool temperatures, AC has been rarely used in Feb, mar and April. It's a 3 month old car with 1720 kms on odo. In which mode do u mostly drive - D or M?
Old 14th May 2015, 15:44   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Those are nice figures with AC in Chennai city. Celerio has been mostly driven in Chandigarh city. Since we had cool temperatures, AC has been rarely used in Feb, mar and April. It's a 3 month old car with 1720 kms on odo. In which mode do u mostly drive - D or M?
Thanks Diesel lover. I always drive in D since it is relaxing and there is a sense of flow in driving, I have rarely driven in M and only for a very short distance may be because I feel odd and don't like the feel of shifting without using the clutch pedal.
Old 14th May 2015, 16:05   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks Diesel lover. I always drive in D since it is relaxing and there is a sense of flow in driving, I have rarely driven in M and only for a very short distance may be because I feel odd and don't like the feel of shifting without using the clutch pedal.

Any plans on adding the fog lamps?

Any thoughts to paint the door handle to the body coloured ones?

If you use the 'M' mode and do some spirited driving, does the gearbox cope up and shift smoothly or is it jerky?
Old 14th May 2015, 23:13   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Any plans on adding the fog lamps?

Any thoughts to paint the door handle to the body coloured ones?

If you use the 'M' mode and do some spirited driving, does the gearbox cope up and shift smoothly or is it jerky?
Hi Anurag. Yes I do have plans of installing fog lamps and rear roof spoiler during my next service.

I don't want to paint door handles and mirror because I want to maintain the black and blue theme in the car and I feel the black wheels, door handles, mirror and other black plastic bits aid to the color contrast. This is purely my perception.

During spirited driving in M mode the gear shifts are smooth and not jerky. But you will get the feeling that the shifts are bit slow, but actually the shifts are as fast as in a normal manual gear box.
Old 16th May 2015, 23:29   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Anurag. Yes I do have plans of installing fog lamps
Do check the fogs if you plan to get them installed from Maruti. The one I got from them meant for Celerio have normal filament bulbs (round shape) in them rather than halogen bulb. Mine is the Vxi variant. The Celerio Zxi (O) have fogs fitted from the factory and they have halogen bulbs.

The effect of halogen bulb is far far greater than the bulbs. I am sure you must have noticed the brightness that the old gen K10 Vxi fogs had. Only those were enough to light the road and blind oncoming traffic.

I thought I would be getting the same ones (as in old gen K10) but was left disappointed. Had no choice as I wanted only MGA stuff for the Celerio.
Old 17th May 2015, 10:10   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Do check the fogs if you plan to get them installed from Maruti. The one I got from them meant for Celerio have normal filament bulbs (round shape) in them rather than halogen bulb...I thought I would be getting the same ones (as in old gen K10) but was left disappointed. Had no choice as I wanted only MGA stuff for the Celerio.
Hi Diesel lover, Thanks. That's a good observation and advice. Even I will go for MGA parts only, I will check for the bulb and update.

Right now, I am installing rear speakers and tweeters, non availability for rear speaker plank for the new K10 has caused a delay in completing the install.
Old 17th May 2015, 21:07   #28
BHPian

Another question thats bothering me - when moving the car slowly at full steering lock (e.g. u turn or tight spots) do you hear some rolling/grinding sounds? Or is something wrong with my K10? :(
Old 18th May 2015, 08:10   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
Another question thats bothering me - when moving the car slowly at full steering lock (e.g. u turn or tight spots) do you hear some rolling/grinding sounds? Or is something wrong with my K10? :(
Is it the noise from the brakes?

If not then I guess it power steering motor noise that your getting. Does this sound come when the steering is in a straight position?
Old 20th May 2015, 09:37   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
Hi deepakv. Sorry for replying late, I was out of town. I don't get any such sound and you said you have up-sized your tires, may be your front tires are scrapping against the mud flaps when in full turn? I am just guessing, please do check.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks