Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2017, 15:45   #136
BHPian

re: My Go-kart. Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT, Cerulean Blue - 6 years & 90,000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
...order these pieces of padding and fit them to the K10? This would greatly enhance the K10 and make it feel "premium", and would of course end your constant complaint about the NVH

Another question, have you guys researched a tyre upgrade - I await your lead on this (my car has about 30K KMs on it now).
Hi mvadg, thank you for the suggestion but I am not sure the A-Star's paddings will fit in the K10 due to the difference in design and provisions for fitting. May be I should get it customized. I will be very happy if I can improve the cabin NHV.

My tyres still have fair amount of thread to go for at least another 10,000kms. Yokohama Earth 1 tyre is a good upgrade option since it is more silent and offers better grip compared to the stock Bridgestones. Two different tyre dealers I spoke to during my visit for puncture and wheel alignment suggested the Yoko Earth 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Thanks a lot sairamboko. I am scheduled to pick up my Alto K10 Vxi AGS (O) today...
Hi johy. Congratulations on your new K10 AGS-O.
Torino is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 06:46   #137
BHPian

re: My Go-kart. Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT, Cerulean Blue - 6 years & 90,000 km update

Hi Torino - finally taken the delivery of my Alto K10 AMT I am at loss of words for how AMT works flawlessly!!

I have few questions:
1. The manual says running in period is 960kms but doesnt mention about speed limits. Any suggestions?
2. Yesterday while crossing a speed breaker, suddenly we started hearing a metal sound!! It was more like two metal rods screeching!! I got panicked and look underneath and in bonnet!! Nothing I could make out of it! Then I stopped the car and shifted the gear to N and then I shut off the engine. Then I waited for a minute and started the engine. Everything is fine till now. No sounds. I am guessing probably the sound was caused because I didnt put the gear lever properly.

Overall I am very much happy and satisfied with the car and dealer experience! Soon will start my ownership experience! Thank you Torino for your inputs and starting this thread!
sairamboko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 11:17   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Hi Torino - finally taken the delivery of my Alto K10 AMT I am at loss of words for how AMT works flawlessly!!

I have few questions:
1. The manual says running in period is 960kms but doesnt mention about speed limits. Any suggestions?
Hi sairamboko, congrats again and wish you happy and safe motoring.

Do not rev over 2500rpm in each gear during the run-in period. Do check TeamBhp's thread .

Quote:
2. Yesterday while crossing a speed breaker, suddenly we started hearing a metal sound!! It was more like two metal rods screeching!! I got panicked and look underneath and in bonnet!! Nothing I could make out of it! Then I stopped the car and shifted the gear to N and then I shut off the engine. Then I waited for a minute and started the engine. Everything is fine till now. No sounds. I am guessing probably the sound was caused because I didnt put the gear lever properly.
Though I cannot fully understand, may be the car under body got scraped over the large speed breaker? Do check the under body to confirm. It could also be the sound of AMT changing the gear, sometimes you can hear the down shift when going over a speed breaker slowly with load and it is normal.

Alto K10 AMT owners manual PDF.
Old 2nd February 2017, 13:28   #139
BHPian

Thanks Torino! I had a word with my sales person and he asked me to bring the car immediately so that he can check it. I went to the showroom and the service people checked it by lifting the car and checking the underbody. Everything was fine and the service advisor told me to observe and report if any issues . I didn't get the noise again after the 1st time. My mind says it might have been caused by not putting the gear at proper position. Anyways I am enjoying the clutch free drive 😊
Old 16th February 2017, 17:36   #140
BHPian

Hi Torino - I have my 1st service for my Alto K10 VXI AMT in a week. Should i change the engine oil and oil filter? Any other suggestions?
Old 16th February 2017, 18:49   #141
BHPian

Am running my K10 AMT on Michelin XM2 165/65 R13 on stock wheel rims since purchase almost 2 years & 11k km ago. No issues. Highly recommended!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torino View Post
Hi mvadg, thank you for the suggestion but I am not sure the A-Star's paddings will fit in the K10 due to the difference in design and provisions for fitting. May be I should get it customized. I will be very happy if I can improve the cabin NHV.

My tyres still have fair amount of thread to go for at least another 10,000kms. Yokohama Earth 1 tyre is a good upgrade option since it is more silent and offers better grip compared to the stock Bridgestones. Two different tyre dealers I spoke to during my visit for puncture and wheel alignment suggested the Yoko Earth 1.

Hi johy. Congratulations on your new K10 AGS-O.
deepakv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2017, 10:32   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Torino - I have my 1st service for my Alto K10 VXI AMT in a week. Should i change the engine oil and oil filter? Any other suggestions?
Hi sairamboko. Yes, replace the engine oil and oil filter in your first and second service. Go for mineral oil which helps in the engine run-in process. You can go for the recommended grade synthetic oil from third service onward. First service is just an inspection, create a rapport with service adviser/service manager so that you could have a smooth service experience.
Torino is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 16:46   #143
BHPian

I have been following this thread even before I bought an Alto K10 AGS. This thread, in a way, made me buy this specific car model. My car completed just 600 kms. I am a very defensive driver who handles this car with kid-gloves. I do not drive much either because there is an office car that carries me around with a driver. Recently, I purchased a set of four 13" alloy wheels with 5.5" width, to replace the stock-rims, from Sai Mag Wheels under their "fitment guarantee" assurance (as suggested by their online "alloy-wheels finder"). The alloys are to be used with the stock-tyres which are CEAT 155/65 R13 with 5" width. The PCD of the alloy-wheels purchased is 100 and offset is 38, which are very close to the stock rims. The only thing worrying me is the additional 0.5" rim-width. I did not find a definitive answer to this on the web. Many say it does not matter. Some say anything more than 5" is not recommended.

I notice that you are running your K10 AGS with 165/60 profile tyres. I am guessing that your alloy-wheel rim-width is 5.5". My question is, are you experiencing any instances of tyres or rims touching the wheel-wells or the innards?
kspv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 23:19   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kspv View Post
My question is, are you experiencing any instances of tyres or rims touching the wheel-wells or the innards?
Have driven the Old Gen Alto for 93k's on 165/65 R13 on 5.5J HR Wheels without any issues ever. The car gripped the road like a leech and have taken long corners at unmentionable speeds.
ScorpMan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 10:14   #145
BHPian

Thank you very much for reassuring! After many apprehensions initially, I went ahead and fitted the 13" HRS alloys (5.5J) from Sai Mag Wheels to my Alto K10 Vxi AGS. I am happy to report that there were no issues in using them with the stock-tyres (155/65 R13 MRFs), and that they look very nice. As it always happens, this forum has been of great help.

Last edited by kspv : 6th March 2017 at 10:44.
kspv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 13:41   #146
BHPian

I have two doubts:

1. Information available online says that the centre bore of Maruti Alto K10 is 54.1 mm. That of the alloy I fitted, HRS H253, is 73.1 m.m. Do I need to go for a spygot ring?

2. I am using the same stock nuts that were there with the steel-rims with these alloys. Is it necessary that I change to a different set?
Old 6th March 2017, 15:52   #147
BHPian

Quote:

My question is, are you experiencing any instances of tyres or rims touching the wheel-wells or the innards?
Hi kspv. My car runs on 5.5'' width with 100 pcd. I haven't faced any scraping issues so far on inwards and outwards of the wheel well. Your car should do just fine.

Quote:
1. Information available online says that the centre bore of Maruti Alto K10 is 54.1 mm. That of the alloy I fitted, HRS H253, is 73.1 m.m. Do I need to go for a spygot ring?
I'd recommend you to go for the spigot ring considering the difference in bore diameter and reduce the stress on the wheel nuts.

Quote:
2. I am using the same stock nuts that were there with the steel-rims with these alloys. Is it necessary that I change to a different set?
I am using the stock wheel nuts like you and they leave very less room for some pneumatic wheel spanners to reach them inside the wheel. I had couple of instances where the tyre shop guys used the wheel spanner from my car's tool kit since none of their spanners could reach the nut. You can manage with the stock nuts unless you feel otherwise. Aftermarket lug nuts are easy to handle and look good.

Your white alloys look good. Please post a full picture of your car.
Torino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 15:23   #148
BHPian

This is how the car looks. Today I removed the stock wheel-nuts, and installed third-party, hard-anodised, open-type, aluminium wheel-nuts (with 60 degrees conical taper), which require a custom wrench 'bit' to open.

Last edited by kspv : 19th March 2017 at 15:33.
kspv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 15:34   #149
BHPian

Old 21st March 2017, 15:23   #150
BHPian

Quote:
This is how the car looks. Today I removed the stock wheel-nuts, and installed third-party, hard-anodised, open-type, aluminium wheel-nuts (with 60 degrees conical taper), which require a custom wrench 'bit' to open.
The new wheel nuts must give a clean look.

Quote:
My Go-kart. Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT, Cerulean Blue - 6 years & 90,000 km update-altok10.jpg
[IMGhttps://postimg.org/image/d9czlu0h9/[/IMG]
The white alloys look great on the car.

40,000kms/6th Paid Service Update:
The service was done at Vishnu cars in Medavakam, Chennai. Overall service experience was good. I dropped the car on a Sunday morning and got it back at around 2pm. According to the service adviser the 40,000kms service is a major service which happens at 20k, 40k, 60k, 80k kms and likewise. The 40k kms service involved replacement of all fluids- engine oil, brake fluid, coolant oil, oil filter and spark plugs. This time I went for Mobil1 synthetic oil. Total cost of service including labour charge and tax was Rs 7280.
Parts cost:
Engine oil Mobil1 0W40 3Lts: 3366.81
Distilled water: 17.47
Coolant oil: 248
Brake fluid: 327.51
Service kit: 838.43
Grease: 27.95
Bumper clips: 26.2
Labour charge: ~1500

Currently the odometer reads around 43,400kms and the car has been reliable so far doing its daily office commutes rather well. The car is delivering consistent city fuel mileage over the years and the best I could extract was 16.5kmpl and the average city fuel efficiency with 100% AC usage is around 15.6kmpl calculated by tank full method on several instances for the past 5000kms. The mileage drops to 14 kmpl when driven with heavy foot inside the city. The K10 engine and the AMT combination has simplified my commute involving a lot of slow moving traffic. The AMT and the other electronics are performing efficiently and never misbehaved so far. The cabin has developed few rattles especially form the plastic door panels and the dash board near the centre console area. The compact dimensions, brilliant visibility and chilling AC are part of the Alto’s city friendly package. The AC is used 100% of the time and it is excellent in cooling the cabin and the upcoming summer will be real test once again.

My Go-kart. Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT, Cerulean Blue - 6 years & 90,000 km update-img_20170318_130847488.jpg
Torino is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks