Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2015, 22:25   #61
BHPian

re: My Go-kart. Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT, Cerulean Blue - 1 Months & 25,000 Kms update

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congrats on hitting the 10K mark.

I am frantically trying to get this issue solved on my K10 too. If I succeed, I'll post it so that you can do the same to your K10 too.
I had installed Lumar sunfilm (50% opacity), a particular premium variety according to the accessory store. I also installed a reverse parking camera system which comes with a clip-on type IRVM that has a slight black tint and sits on the existing IRVM. Now I am not sure if it is because of the aftermarket IRVM or the sunfilm on the rear windscreen, I absolutely get no glare in the IRVM! The ORVMs however give this blinding glare from high lights of vehicles following me.
wishnipon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 14:59   #62
BHPian

Re: 11300kms/6 months update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
You can consider swapping your IRVMS with those on the Swift V & Z variants. They come with a day/night setup knob and really reduces the glare to a great extent. Cost is Rs. 500 and it fits most Maruti cars directly, starting from Maruti 800 to Wagon-R.

Here is a DIY link for the same-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3291765

Regards
Quote:
Sorry buddy. It will not fit the Alto K10. I have already replied this option.

Reason:. Different mount and holder. See pictures below:

Mounting points of Swift IRVM:
Attachment 1412415

Mounting points of Alto K10 IRVM:
Attachment 1412416

The problem is the cabin light is separate in Swift so the mount is just two screws whereas in the K10 the cabin light is included in the IRVM mount.
Quote:
Congrats on hitting the 10K mark.

I am frantically trying to get this issue solved on my K10 too. If I succeed, I'll post it so that you can do the same to your K10 too.
The Day/Night IRVM from the earlier generation Wagon R VXI should be a direct swap. It appears to have the same cabin light/mirror setup. I had done it a few years earlier on my A Star. The only problem may be ready availability, in which case you may need to pre-order with a MASS.

Last edited by Babuda : 9th November 2015 at 15:02. Reason: Adding content.
Babuda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 15:14   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babuda View Post
The Day/Night IRVM from the earlier generation Wagon R VXI should be a direct swap. It appears to have the same cabin light/mirror setup.
Yes, I agree but I have tried 3 MASS/MGP dealers. No use. None of them posses stocks.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 21:27   #64
BHPian

re: My Go-kart. Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT, Cerulean Blue - 1 Months & 25,000 Kms update

Quote:
The Day/Night IRVM from the earlier generation Wagon R VXI should be a direct swap. It appears to have the same cabin light/mirror setup. I had done it a few years earlier on my A Star. The only problem may be ready availability, in which case you may need to pre-order with a MASS.
Quote:
Yes, I agree but I have tried 3 MASS/MGP dealers. No use. None of them posses stocks.
Thanks Babuda and Anurag. I will check if it is available in Chennai.

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks Babuda and Anurag. I will check if it is available with MASS/MGP dealers in Chennai.

Quick Update:

The car has clocked 13222kms in its 7months of journey. In the last two weeks the car made one trip to Bangalore and one trip to Pondicherry and apart from this it is driven inside Chennai city for daily office commute. I always do tank full in BP bunks since I am satisfied with the service and quality of fuel. The K10 is consistently giving a fuel efficiency of 15.5 to 16 kmpl in city drives with sedate driving and 17.5 to 18kmpl in the long highway drives often maintaining 120kmph in open highway. The car has been holding together well without any squeaks or rattles till now. The 1000cc K10B engine never ceases to impress with its performance, even when doing triple digit speeds the engine doesn't feel strained and doesn't make a racket when cruising at 4000rpm in 5th gear.

The AMT system has been performing flawlessly without missing a shift. The gear shifts are precise and quick at all engine speeds. Even changing between R, D and M mode is seamless. Almost 100% of the usage in the past 3000kms has been in D mode due to its ease and comfort.

Driver ergonomics wise the stock headlights provide excellent throw both in low and high beam and illuminate the road well. The seat and steering setup provide good comfort even for continuous drive of 3 hours. The absence of plastic cladding inside the wheel wells and poor cabin insulation lets in a lot of road noise inside the cabin. Surprisingly the wind noise from the doors panels is almost non existent. The stock tyres provide good grip in different road conditions an as well as during hard braking. The ride is a bit bouncy at higher speeds on uneven roads and I think upgrading to wider tyres will improve it by a fair margin.

ICE head unit upgrade, fog lamps and rear spoiler are on hold for now.

Positives:
1.Engine performance.
2.Compact dimensions.
3.Fuel efficiency.
4.All round visibility.
5.Driver ergonomics.

Negatives:
1.Cabin noise insulation.
Attached Thumbnails
My Go-kart. Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT, Cerulean Blue - 6 years & 90,000 km update-img_20151105_172510227_hdr.jpg  

My Go-kart. Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT, Cerulean Blue - 6 years & 90,000 km update-img_20151105_172606497.jpg  

My Go-kart. Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT, Cerulean Blue - 6 years & 90,000 km update-img_20151109_192951467_hdr.jpg  

Torino is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2015, 10:31   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torino View Post
Mobil1 0W40 synthetic engine oil
I am going to MASS for my third service tomorrow. Any reason why you went for 0W-40 oil when the user manual recommends 0W-20?
wishnipon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2015, 13:42   #66
BHPian

Hi wishnipon. During the service I checked with the service manager regarding the difference in viscosity rating and his answer was the Mobil1 0W40 oil is supplied by Maruti to all MASS for the 2015 Celerio/Alto K10 engines. He did not have a technical reason though. I did check with another MASS and even they have the same oil for the 2015 Alto K10.

I did not ask any more questions since the thicker 0W40 will be more suitable for my frequent long highway drives. Personally in my experience I felt the engine with lower viscosity oil dissipate more heat after a long highway stint which can be felt over the bonnet. Now after 4000kms with 0W40, I am happy with the engine performance and emits less heat after long highway drives.

If your usage is limited inside the city I would suggest you to stick to OEM spec oil. Do update on your service experience and oil used.
Attached Thumbnails
My Go-kart. Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT, Cerulean Blue - 6 years & 90,000 km update-mobil-0w40.jpg  

Torino is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2015, 21:17   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I did not ask any more questions since the thicker 0W40 will be more suitable for my frequent long highway drives. Personally in my experience I felt the engine with lower viscosity oil dissipate more heat after a long highway stint which can be felt over the bonnet. Now after 4000kms with 0W40, I am happy with the engine performance and emits less heat after long highway drives.
This 0W40 grade from Mobil1 is an excellent fully synthetic oil. Can you share the cost which MASS charged you for 3L of oil?? Being MGO, I think it will be cheaper. Non MGO branded fully synth Mobil1 costs around 1100 bucks per litre.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 13:22   #68
BHPian

Quote:
This 0W40 grade from Mobil1 is an excellent fully synthetic oil. Can you share the cost which MASS charged you for 3L of oil?? Being MGO, I think it will be cheaper. Non MGO branded fully synth Mobil1 costs around 1100 bucks per litre.

Regards,
Shashi
Hi Shashi.

It was Rs1122 per litre. I did find Mobil1 fully synthetic oil the most preferred in Tbhp and good that Maruti Suzuki uses it.

You can refer my post for service expenses and bill details.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3827229
Torino is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2015, 15:35   #69
BHPian

Hi All. My Alto K10 has completed 15,000kms last week and today while cleaning the car I noticed a bulge in the rear left tyre side wall and the bulge seem to form a tear as seen in the pics below. The tyre is OEM Bridgestone S322 tubeless on aftermarket alloys. I did two CHN-BLR trips in the last two weeks and the road condition between Sriperumbadur and Ranipet (70 odd kms) is bad with many pot holes. Unfortunately I did hit two or three small potholes at speeds less than 40kmph which could have caused the bulge but I am not sure?? or may be it a manufacturing defect?

My Go-kart. Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT, Cerulean Blue - 6 years & 90,000 km update-img_20151129_141324392_hdr.jpg

My Go-kart. Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT, Cerulean Blue - 6 years & 90,000 km update-img_20151129_141423138.jpg.
Will be visiting MASS tomorrow morning and see if it can be replaced under warranty or else I will get a new tyre. Any suggestions on possibility of claiming warranty?

Here I am quoting a post by Reehan "The reason for the bubble on the sidewall is that there is a partial crack/tear present there on the sidewall (perhaps on the inside). The air-pressure from inside is deforming that weaker part of the tyre, causing the bubble.
cya
R"
Torino is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2015, 16:36   #70
Senior - BHPian

That does look bad. Definitely needs a replacement.

Irrespective of the cause for damage (manufacturing defect or otherwise), I think MASS may deny warranty claim citing the use of aftermarket alloys.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2015, 17:23   #71
BANNED

Quote:
Will be visiting MASS tomorrow morning and see if it can be replaced under warranty or else I will get a new tyre. Any suggestions on possibility of claiming warranty?
MASS will straight away reject the claim supporting Bridgestone as the bulges are mostly seen due to an external impact at higher speeds at acute angles over a sharp object or larger size pothole.

IMO, get the tyre changed right away. Get the stepney out and put this bulged tyre inside. I will NOT recommend you driving around with this bulge. It looks nasty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
That does look bad. Definitely needs a replacement.

Irrespective of the cause for damage (manufacturing defect or otherwise), I think MASS may deny warranty claim citing the use of aftermarket alloys.
+1 to AkMar!
Old 29th November 2015, 19:53   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That looks bad.

Not sure whether it is a manufacturing defect or damage caused during use, but rest assured, the Bridgestone guys will never admit and offer you replacement, even if they are at fault.

I had a pretty bad time with the Bridgestones on my M800, and coincidentally, they too were S322s, and they had run just about 8,000kms when I sold them off. They had developed mild bulges all around, had radial pull issues and every other problem you can think of. I tried wasting some of my time dealing with the useless Bridgestone guys, and trust me- They are the haughtiest company I have ever seen. The entire ordeal with them is documented here- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post3802207

Not to demoralize you, but rest assured they aren't going to offer you a replacement. Do try your luck once at MASS-you stand nothing to loose.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th November 2015, 20:38   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Hi AkMar, Yes even when I installed the alloy wheels I was 100% aware that MASS will point at the aftermarket wheels for related warranty claim but never thought the tyre will give up so early.

Quote:
IMO, get the tyre changed right away.
Thanks Anurag, I will get the wheel changed first thing tomorrow.
One question: this bulge has nothing to do with the alloy wheel right?

Quote:
That looks bad.
Hi Leoshashi, thanks a lot for your thread. I see you had a bad experience with those S322 Bridgestones. May be I will get a same size Yokohama/Michelin/GoodYear and use it only as sparewheel. Will try my luck with MASS and update.
Old 29th November 2015, 20:55   #74
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks Anurag, I will get the wheel changed first thing tomorrow.

One question: this bulge has nothing to do with the alloy wheel right?
It isn't related directly but that Bridgestone saved your alloy IMO.

The impact that the tyre + wheel bore, the tyre took the full bring and got that bulge.
Old 29th November 2015, 21:10   #75
BHPian

Quote:
The IRVM does not have anti glare function. Reflects a lot of bright light from tail gating vehicles at night.
Attachment 1422510
WagonR Vxi Type - 1 rear view mirror with day night function is a direct fit in Alto. I have the same in my Alto, costs ~450 bucks.

cheers
Vishwas
vishwaschettri is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed