Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2015, 12:39   #31
BHPian

Need to get it checked. Hope it's not coz of the tyres. Its bothering me :(
MASS is second stop if the Tyre shop says all good on the tyres front.
Old 20th May 2015, 14:15   #32
BANNED

re: My Go-kart. Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT, Cerulean Blue - 2 Months & 3,200 Kms update

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
Need to get it checked. Hope it's not coz of the tyres. Its bothering me :(
MASS is second stop if the Tyre shop says all good on the tyres front.
Can you post a pictures of the front end to check if the front wheel is rubbing against the wheel well at full lock?!
Old 20th May 2015, 16:24   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Can you post a pictures of the front end to check if the front wheel is rubbing against the wheel well at full lock?!
We had checked that at the Tyre shop on day 1 I.e. after delivery & upsize - there was space between the Tyre and inner wheel well at full lock. Will get it rechecked from the Tyre shop this weekend.
Old 26th May 2015, 16:44   #34
BHPian

re: My Go-kart. Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT, Cerulean Blue - 2 Months & 3,200 Kms update

Quick update.
The car has completed 2700kms and 100% of the driving was inside the city occasionally with a passenger on board. Got an opportunity to drive with four average sized adults on board for about 80kms in a day their remarks on the car were: Comfortable seats, excellent AC, good speakers and nice color.

Drive and Fuel efficiency:
The engine now feels a lot smoother and free revving. The performance from the K10 engine is very good at slow traffic and sudden overtakes, the car reaches 100kmph with good pace in D mode. The AMT is working flawlessly with precise shifts and the best way to have a smooth drive in D mode is be gentle and gradual with the accelerator. During quick overtakes it is advised to use M mode to avoid any gear shift during overtaking. The compact dimensions is a big boon for parking in tight spots and quick lane changes in traffic. The latest average fuel efficiency calculated by tank full method was 15.9kmpl, compared to 14.5kmpl calculated after the 1000km first service. I use normal unleaded petrol.

Audio upgrade:
Did the much needed upgrade by installing Pioneer 6x9 speakers in the rear and Ground Zero tweeters and retained the stock head unit and speakers in the front doors. Now the cabin is filled with good surround sound and bass. You can read more about the audio upgrade here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...o-k10-amt.html

Minor cosmetic mod:
I am not a fan of chrome garnish on cars and the chrome strip on the front grill had to go, visited a local sticker shop and got black sticker pasted over it. Now the front looks much better.

Accessories planned:
3M paint protection film on the lower front bumper and rear roof spoiler.

Ground Zero tweeters placed on the dash near the A pillars.
My Go-kart. Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT, Cerulean Blue - 6 years & 90,000 km update-007.jpg
Rear Pioneer 6x9s.
My Go-kart. Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT, Cerulean Blue - 6 years & 90,000 km update-004.jpg
Blackened chrome strip.
My Go-kart. Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT, Cerulean Blue - 6 years & 90,000 km update-112.jpg

My Go-kart. Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT, Cerulean Blue - 6 years & 90,000 km update-113.jpg
Torino is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 17:14   #35
BANNED

Good going Sir. I am getting rest less day-by-day regarding the K10. Great figures on FE.

My K10 is on the way from factory. Had been shipped on 23rd morning. Have received the engine and chassis number of the car.

Good modifications on your car. Shall go through the Audio upgrade thread after I go home.

Have a happy, long ownership. Awaiting to pen down my review.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 23:00   #36
BHPian

Congrats on the K10 sir. The colour is lovely. And after the modifications, it looks even better.
I own a '04 Alto Lx. Have the same pioneer 6x9 speakers as yours. Could you please share the settings of your HU? I'm not getting proper bass. This would be really helpful.
Also I'm planning to install alloys but I'm very doubtful how many options I'll get on the 12" platform.

Regards,
Swapnil
Swapnil_Alto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 14:50   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torino View Post
I am not a fan of chrome garnish on cars and the chrome strip on the front grill had to go, visited a local sticker shop and got black sticker pasted over it.

With that chrome gone, the car looks so much better. And the black contrasts nicely with the blue shade your car wears. I just don't understand why manufacturers are thrusting chrome onto buyers. Yes, there are some who like it but then, there are people like us who detest chrome. It will be so much better if these chrome garnishes are an option and not a standard fitment.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 23:13   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil_Alto View Post
Congrats on the K10 sir. The colour is lovely. And after the modifications, it looks even better.
I own a '04 Alto Lx. Have the same pioneer 6x9 speakers as yours. Could you please share the settings of your HU? I'm not getting proper bass. This would be really helpful.
Also I'm planning to install alloys but I'm very doubtful how many options I'll get on the 12" platform.

Regards,
Swapnil
Thanks Swapnil. The stock HU doesn't have much settings except for genre, bass and treble settings. My current settings are rock, +2 bass, +3 treble and F3 fader. Even though the Pioneer speaker produces reasonably good bass, they are not performing at its fullest potential due to limited capability of the stock HU. I think an amplifier or better HU will make a big difference. What HU do you have?
Visit few large tyre shops, you will definitely find the right wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post

With that chrome gone, the car looks so much better. And the black contrasts nicely with the blue shade your car wears. I just don't understand why manufacturers are thrusting chrome onto buyers. Yes, there are some who like it but then, there are people like us who detest chrome. It will be so much better if these chrome garnishes are an option and not a standard fitment.
Thanks arvi86. Its good to talk to a person who appreciates similar taste.
Old 28th May 2015, 00:17   #39
BHPian

Quote:
What HU do you have?
My HU is Sony Xplod CDX-GT48405.
Installed it in march 2009. Most probably has been discontinued now.
Old 31st May 2015, 09:34   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil_Alto View Post
My HU is Sony Xplod CDX-GT48405.
Installed it in march 2009. Most probably has been discontinued now.
Hi Swapnil. I am no expert in ICE, I suggest you to inquire with the guru's in the teambhp ICE section.
Old 8th June 2015, 15:21   #41
BHPian

Hi guys,

3200km update on the AMT unit:
The car is now 2 months old and I am enjoying every drive in the Alto K10 AMT. The car is still running with same engine oil from the beginning since the first oil change is at 5000km and at every 10000km there on.
Normal driving in D mode, the gear changes have become much faster and smoother. The gear shift is seamless and takes less than a second to shift. Did not experience any false gear shift/loud sound when shifting from the gear box. I have become used to the AMT gear changes now, I can predict the up-shift (from the engine noise and speedo) and work on the accelerator so that the gear shift is smooth as any conventional automatic car. The up-shift happens at 0-20-30-40-50kmph. I find the D mode good enough for quick overtaking when compared to M mode, press the accelerator pedal hard and the car downshifts(downshifts once or twice according to the engine speed and gear) and the engine revs and the car surges forward. P.S:I always think twice when overtaking and have not encountered any close shave scenario.
Overall, I have adapted well with the AMT and I have nothing to complain about it.

I use only unleaded petrol and have been experimenting with different fuel outlets- Shell and BPCL and I got noticeably better mileage with Shell. The recent tank full measured the average fuel efficiency as 16.36kmpl with normal city driving and 100% in D mode, I am quite surprised by this figure but I will re-check in the next tank full. In my previous tank full the avg mileage was approx. 14.5kmpl.

I am using "aCar" android app for vehicle records management and its quite good especially for monitoring the fuel efficiency and expenses in detail. Thanks to teambhp I have also installed "MarutiCare" app and it is very good.

aCar app.
My Go-kart. Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT, Cerulean Blue - 6 years & 90,000 km update-acar.png

Maruti Care app.
My Go-kart. Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT, Cerulean Blue - 6 years & 90,000 km update-maruticare.png
Torino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 13:06   #42
BHPian

Alto K10 AMT: 6000kms update.

Hi guys,

It has been a while since my last update. I have been enjoying every single drive in the K10 AMT. The car has completed 4 months and 6300kms and the second free service was done as per schedule at 5000kms. AMT has been really helpful and the car is giving an average fuel economy in the region of 15.5 to 16.5kmpl for every tank full of unleaded petrol from BP, I find BP bunks to have good layout and there is no other reason for choosing BP. Almost 100% of the usage has been inside the city with slow moving traffic. The overall experience has been good without any break downs or faults so far.

My Go-kart. Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT, Cerulean Blue - 6 years & 90,000 km update-00.jpg

Engine and gear box
The engine has settled well and feels much smoother now. Post 4000rpm the engine produces a nice intake roar (well, its much like a loud purr since its just a 1L 3 pot engine) which is nice to the listen especially in the 2nd and 3rd gear. The AMT system is doing a great job with consistent precise shifts and never did it miss a gear or get confused. The gear shifts are smooth and I feel it shifts faster than a manual when driven properly. For quick acceleration, press the accelerator hard and the engine drops a gear or two depending on the engine speed and it revs all the way to the redline in each gear. The power generation is linear up to the redline and the way the engine builds revs is impressive. I was mighty impressed in few instances when I was able to keep up with more powerful cars.

From the driver seat
The AC requires a special mention here, it’s a chiller. It cools the small cabin fast even with the fan speed set at two. The seats provides excellent support and I have no complaints in my 1.5 hours travel to work every morning. Manoeuvrability in city traffic and narrow roads is just fantastic, thanks to the light steering, compact dimensions, good visibility and driving position.

Brakes and tyres and alloy wheels
Brakes and tyres are doing a good job in stopping the car, had a couple of instances of hard braking (not so hard to lock wheels) from 80kmph in wet roads during rain and the car stopped well ahead than expected without locking the wheels. The aftermarket alloy wheels has received a lot of accolades for its looks and with the slight offset it gives a great stance for the car.

2nd free service
The 2nd free service was just a general check-up and service was done at Vishnu Cars at Pallavaram in Chennai and the overall quality of service and duration was although satisfactory, I did not like the way they clean the car. I find dirt stains on beige surfaces and the amount of dashboard polish they use is too much.

Engine, Manoeuvrability and Fuel efficiency. The K10B engine has excellent drivability in all gears and the AMT system only makes everything better.

Dislikes
Glaring IRVM and Bumpy ride over uneven/bad roads. The only annoying feature in the car is the glaring IRVM. The car does not come with antiglare function in the IRVM and hence during night driving the headlight reflection from the vehicle behind on both the IRVM and ORVM is intense and disturbing. Can anyone suggest any ideas to reduce this glare? I am thinking of installing sun film on the rear hatch window.

Latest accessory
Set of 4 window shades for Rs150.

My Go-kart. Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT, Cerulean Blue - 6 years & 90,000 km update-01.jpg

My Go-kart. Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT, Cerulean Blue - 6 years & 90,000 km update-02.jpg

My Go-kart. Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT, Cerulean Blue - 6 years & 90,000 km update-03.jpg
Torino is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 14:42   #43
BHPian

re: My Go-kart. Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT, Cerulean Blue - 1 Months & 25,000 Kms update

Hi guys,

I noticed something which I do not understand. There is a plastic pattern stuck right behind the IRVM on the front windshield. There is also a removable small rubber tube supported between the IRVM and the pattern. This tube is easily removable with a simple pull. I don't think it is there for hanging decorative accessories. Or the pattern is the antenna for the radio? but there is a separate old school pull type radio antenna on top of the car. What is the actual purpose of this design?

Mods, please rename this thread as 4 months and 6100kms update.

Pattern behind the IRVM, on the windshield. Also note the rubber tube.
My Go-kart. Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT, Cerulean Blue - 6 years & 90,000 km update-a1.jpg

With the rubber tube removed.
My Go-kart. Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT, Cerulean Blue - 6 years & 90,000 km update-a2.jpg

The rubber tube. It is around an inch in length.
My Go-kart. Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT, Cerulean Blue - 6 years & 90,000 km update-a3.jpg

Last edited by Torino : 11th August 2015 at 14:46. Reason: To include the request to mods.
Old 11th August 2015, 18:56   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

re: My Go-kart. Maruti Alto K10 VXi AMT, Cerulean Blue - 1 Months & 25,000 Kms update

Quote:
Can anyone suggest any ideas to reduce this glare? I am thinking of installing sun film on the rear hatch window.
At night, I push the IRVM a little 'up' - such that the headlights of the trailing vehicles are not visible. Only their bonnet up view is available. This way, I am still able to see who is following me, but don't get blinded (unless, ofcourse there is a bus or truck behind me).

Quote:
I noticed something which I do not understand. There is a plastic pattern stuck right behind the IRVM on the front windshield. There is also a removable small rubber tube supported between the IRVM and the pattern. This tube is easily removable with a simple pull.
The pattern helps to prevent the glare from the Sun when it falls between the sun shades on either side. At least, that's the purpose of it.

The rubber tube was present in the older Alto as well. I lost it in one of the services (>3 years back) and forgot about it until I read this post of yours today. Must be for some kind of support to the mirror.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 22:30   #45
BHPian

Hi Dry Ice,

Thanks for the tip on avoiding IRVM glare.

Pattern is there to prevent glare from sun, well that is a very purposeful design. These might be possible answers for my question then: The Alto does not have UV/glare reducing film in the front windshield (I find the headlight beam of the oncoming vehicles to be more intense compared to in our Ertiga) but has this pattern compared to Ertiga which has vice versa.

I think you must be right about the rubber tube. It does not seem to have any other purpose.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks