Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2006, 13:17   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
if its "that car" frm TBHP meet, it touched 170

edit his avatar shows it touched 180
Gee, that is actually 190 in the Avatar. And that was when the car was new, and before the car was "told" it could do more.

It is pretty easy to touch 200 (speedo reading), and maybe do a little bit more also. It hits the rev limiter in 5th at that point, and unless I want to take out the rev limit, no getting around that maximum. And for now, I dont think it is safe to take out the rev limit. And neither do I know how to take it out, it is just that I know it is possible...
Old 28th August 2006, 14:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hello there..

It would be nice if you could post some pics of your car in front , back and profile view. By the way quality of picture is great , which camera are you using ? Am planning to buy a used Elantra , the only thing keeping me away is the front end of the car . I have seen a couple of neat front end make overs , just waiting to see your car's grille .

Last edited by maxbhp : 28th August 2006 at 14:16.
Old 28th August 2006, 14:19   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It is pretty easy to touch 200 (speedo reading), and maybe do a little bit more also. It hits the rev limiter in 5th at that point,
Theres only three Indian cars I know of, that hit the rev limit in top gear. My Classic (with the diesel engine), Drifters Accent CRDi and now yours. Good to hear about a not-so-typical enthusiast car being driven the way cars are supposed to be driven! I can tell you are having a blast with the Elantra.
Old 28th August 2006, 17:46   #19
BHPian

Nice maiden review, Convivial! A few pics of ur modded front pls!
Old 17th June 2008, 12:21   #20
BHPian

Some pictures of my Elantra CRDi

Quite some time I wrote about my Elantra. It is still my black stallion, but now with more enthu now that I have got him a Pete's Tuning Box (Stage 1) and a Green Cotton Filter so that he can breathe better. The lower end has certainly improved, but I am not sure if I am stressing him too much. I used to be driving the Lancer Petrol much famed for its Flat Torque, so good that it turns you a lazy pig. I think I should remind myself quite often that I am driving a CRDi with a boon in the form a Tuning Box.

I saw quite a few raised eyebrows with regard to the front looks of the Elantra. I had changed to the old horizontal grille and had body color paint. Looks much better since my car is Ebony Black; doubtful if this suits other colors. Yet to come across one.

Changed the tuning box and the filter from Peter's office at Cochin. Since then it has been quite smooth at all rpm ranges. Touched 185 en route Coorg. Checked the driveability by overtaking in the 5th gear and in that process "climbing" from 50-180 with jaw dropping ease.

Will wait for tadu to write his detailed report. Mine has crossed 47K and planning to take my car to MGF for service. Any comments? I am fed up of Popular in Trivandrum; they are poor workers and wicked too. They cheat you to no ends. Will write a detailed "satisfaction report" soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Elantra crdi review(5000kms)-dsc00747.jpg  

Elantra crdi review(5000kms)-dsc00663.jpg  

Elantra crdi review(5000kms)-picture-050.jpg  

Elantra crdi review(5000kms)-aranyakam77.jpg  

Elantra crdi review(5000kms)-11.jpg  

Elantra crdi review(5000kms)-picture-040.jpg  

Elantra crdi review(5000kms)-12.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks