Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2009, 12:47   #61
BHPian

damn you guys are going to force me to buy one. I'm just too addicted to elantra CRDi these days. Reading lot of stuff about it. Any ideas guys how i can sell my OHC and get an elantra. I mean how to 'patao' my dad :P
Old 16th February 2009, 12:58   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
damn you guys are going to force me to buy one. I'm just too addicted to elantra CRDi these days. Reading lot of stuff about it. Any ideas guys how i can sell my OHC and get an elantra. I mean how to 'patao' my dad :P
Put your foot down and absolutely insist on buying one.Or beg and plead.Or just tell him you have already made the down payment (like I did ).
Old 16th February 2009, 13:01   #63
rippergeo

Quote:
It is really the most practical performance car available in india now.
No need to patao your dad, just let him know that such a car is available,and that it is diesel, with a whole host of safety features, excellent handling and performance and gives a mileage of 16kmpl diesel even at speeds close to 200kmph- any dad who wants to save money will get an elantra.

I didnt mention anything about the sales and service cost difference with skoda did I? It is also available at less than 6 lakhs second hand!

Old 16th February 2009, 13:08   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
It is really the most practical performance car available in india now.
No need to patao your dad, just let him know that such a car is available,and that it is diesel, with a whole host of safety features, excellent handling and performance and gives a mileage of 16kmpl diesel even at speeds close to 200kmph- any dad who wants to save money will get an elantra.

I didnt mention anything about the sales and service cost difference with skoda did I? It is also available at less than 6 lakhs second hand!
All very valid points,especially the one I've highlighted.Plus,its available for a lot less than 6 lacs second hand.From personal experience,one in excellent condition with around 50k on the odo can be had for as little as 4.5-5 lacs.
Old 16th February 2009, 13:09   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tell him it is a slow diesel car with good safety & comfort features. Should be enough to convince him.
Old 16th February 2009, 13:11   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Tell him it is a slow diesel car with good safety & comfort features. Should be enough to convince him.
Man I sincerely hope you said that just for the sake of him convincing his dad
Old 16th February 2009, 13:21   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick030581 View Post
Man I sincerely hope you said that just for the sake of him convincing his dad
Diesels are generally perceived slow, of course we know the elantra is not the same.
Old 16th February 2009, 18:09   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just get a Verna diesel. It will give you pretty much the same feeling.
Old 17th February 2009, 20:40   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
That's nice. So did you get the color of your choice?

I have not made up my mind yet... I have an option between White, Blue and Black. I am leaning White>Blue>Black at the moment.

I have been advised to defer the payment till the day after (Ashtami/Navami etc - supposedly inauspicious)
Old 17th February 2009, 21:06   #70
alphamike

Yup, even I think so, for I have crossed 195 on the speedo with 5 in the car with 75 kgs of boot luggage and the car still could do more. I have upsized the rubber to 205*55*R16 (apollo accelere sports). The GPS speed also clocked the same 1-2 KMPH here or there. But its an awesome car to drive on long highways. Bangalore-Mumbai with 2 hours break = 12 hours
cheers,
alphamike

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Nice review..!!! It was fun reading....

CRDi fan....hmmm....me too.....Love the neck breaking torque....300Nm

With your upgraded rubber the speedo is under reading so the top speed is more than 200kph

Old 17th February 2009, 21:14   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Since you said your Kenwood is a GPS HU, couldn't you load maps through a DVD for local navigation ?
Dont think the maps are available in what ever format this thing wants. Anyway, the I dont have the GPS unit in the car, that is an "extra".

Quote:
And how much has your CRDi run now ? Another report is surely awaited.
~ 1 lakh. And yes, I should update this thread. Just been too lazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
All the fantastic cars they have made have never made a mark on sales number.
Compared to other diesels, these "performance" diesels give lesser mileage. Probably that is not what the car buying public in India want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
...gives a mileage of 16kmpl diesel even at speeds close to 200kmph
Gives around 11 at those speeds. If you want 16, the you need some sedate driving, probably 100-120 kmph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Just get a Verna diesel. It will give you pretty much the same feeling.
Same feeling while you accelerate. Very different feeling when you brake.
Old 3rd July 2009, 12:12   #72
Senior - BHPian

Pls tadu its time for you to update the report.
Can anyone tell me the problems that would occur after the 50k odo.
anything major.
Old 7th July 2009, 19:35   #73

you will have to change the timing belt at 60000.
Old 21st October 2009, 11:43   #74
evo
BHPian

Just gave my car for its 65000 KM service.

Clutch Overhaul
Replacement of passenger side window channel.
Two new tyres for the front.

Also denting painting on the drivers side caused by a rickshaw that was impolite enough to topple there. What a tragic end to my 4 year old no claim bonus!

These are the first 'problems' in the car since 4 years apart from a scheduled timing belt change. Been running a petes box since October 2007.

65000 in 4 years means around 16000 KM a year. Mostly normal running except a Kolkata-Shillong trip and numerous Shillong-Guwahati and Shillong-Tezpur journeys.

I dont know whats the deal with the 50k mark? Everyone on TBhp keeps asking about 50k mark on the elantra, its almost like its a deathknell of sorts. Why? I didnt feel any difference after 50k or for that matter even after 65 k!
Old 21st October 2009, 11:54   #75
Senior - BHPian

evo:Its the rumour that Hyundai diesels wont last more than 50k. And how many kilometers would you have covered after you got the Petes? And which setting?

Most Viewed