Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2015, 12:09   #16
BHPian

re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Hello Tanveer, You made my day Definitely one of the best ownership reviews i have ever read, Crisp and in-depth. When someone buys the same car again it just shows what a capable one it is and off course the love towards it. 80k kms in 3.5 years is real mile-munching. I've previously read and again i see that ESP can be a serious life saver. Was waiting to hear from W10 users about the functionality of sunroof and you have covered it so well. Interesting choice of colour though surely a head-turner. Happy mile-munching "again" and do keep us updated about the beast.
Zahoor23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 12:31   #17
adu
BHPian

re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post

Accessories installed:
1. Head-up display
2. Body side black strip
3. HD black and beige 7 piece mats
4. Rain visors
5. Body cover
6. Mahindra official car charger
7. Fender decal sticker

A small review of the head-up display:

Attachment 1386685

It has several features like,
1. Shows the speed of the vehicle (it's exactly what the speedometer shows)
2. Attention warning can be set (shows ATT in yellow color once you cross the set speed)
3. Speed limit warning can be set (shows warning in red color once you cross the set speed)
4. An option of "Data" which displays 4 numbers - I am yet to figure out what is it. (it's not RPM)
5. Brightness can be adjusted (from 1 to 7)
6. Fairly visible during the day
7. Looks really good from the evening towards the night
8. Volume for the attention and speed limit can be adjusted (1 to 3)
Tanveer, congrats on your new age XUV and wish you happy motoring! Love the review, very detailed and great information for other prospective buyers.

Have a quick question around the Head-Up display. Did you buy this from the Mahindra dealer itself or outside? Also, which brand is it and how much does it cost?
adu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 13:40   #18
BHPian

Great review Tanveer. Its surprising how the dealer tried to force you to buy the insurance from them. Good thing you did not fall for the trick.

I have a query. Did you not consider any other SUV before buying the 2nd XUV? Example the Terrano or Duster AWD. I personally think the Duster AWD has better highway manners (and is AWD too), so just wanted to know your thought process.
Old 7th July 2015, 14:33   #19

This was a comparison of apples to oranges. The apples were delightfully explained while from the rind to the seed, the oranges too got a wonderful description.
Old 7th July 2015, 15:11   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinda View Post
Nice review mate. And the Jetta vs XUV comparo was bonus. Really liked it - though it is a bizarre comparison, still makes an interesting read. Wish you endless happy miles of driving!
Thank you very much. Yes it had to be a bizarre comparison since both the car's are from different segment all together. But since people i know who are already confused between these two car's and also i was sure it would help many other's, I just tried to compare them in the most shortest and basic way's so that everyone can get an hint of what both the car's have on offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahoor23 View Post
Hello Tanveer, You made my day Definitely one of the best ownership reviews i have ever read, Crisp and in-depth. When someone buys the same car again it just shows what a capable one it is and off course the love towards it. 80k kms in 3.5 years is real mile-munching. I've previously read and again i see that ESP can be a serious life saver. Was waiting to hear from W10 users about the functionality of sunroof and you have covered it so well. Interesting choice of colour though surely a head-turner. Happy mile-munching "again" and do keep us updated about the beast.
Thank you very much, I am glad your time was well spent reading the review and you enjoyed it , Trust me ESP should be made mandatory just like ABS, Its really a life saver. I too wasn't really keen on getting the sunset orange, But eventually it grows on you and yes its a head-turner, Specially now when Mahindra is advertising the car in the same color. Will surely keep this thread updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adu View Post
Tanveer, congrats on your new age XUV and wish you happy motoring! Love the review, very detailed and great information for other prospective buyers.

Have a quick question around the Head-Up display. Did you buy this from the Mahindra dealer itself or outside? Also, which brand is it and how much does it cost?
Thank you very much. I am glad you enjoyed the read. Also the heads-Up display was included in the accessories list provided by the dealer, Costed me around 3500 INR, I forgot the name, I will look for it in the warranty card i got with it and post here soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Great review Tanveer. Its surprising how the dealer tried to force you to buy the insurance from them. Good thing you did not fall for the trick.

I have a query. Did you not consider any other SUV before buying the 2nd XUV? Example the Terrano or Duster AWD. I personally think the Duster AWD has better highway manners (and is AWD too), so just wanted to know your thought process.
Thank you! Yes i was surprised too, Specially when its a company operated outlet and other dealers had kept no such conditions. I did not consider any other car, Since i had done my research back in 2012 when i got my previous XUV 500, I wasn't a fan of the looks of, Duster, Xylo and Innova, And also their equipment list. Also what sealed the deal for me was the, Feature list, Road presence, Looks, Space and the price point XUV 500 was offered at. And yes i agree on the Duster having better highway manners but by a slim margin for me, As i too have driven it a bit on the highway. But XUV 500 for me was an overall complete package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkv88 View Post
This was a comparison of apples to oranges. The apples were delightfully explained while from the rind to the seed, the oranges too got a wonderful description.
Thank you very much. And yes it was a comparison of apples to oranges.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 15:12   #21

What a honest review on the XUV! Even though I have sold my XUV this review has me thinking again. My XUV would crash into potholes in city driving and would set in motion the interior rattle orchestra. Is the new one considerably better?
Surprising that the Jetta is the other car I would consider buying. What is your view on the quality of either? I find the plastic, even paint to be of a much higher quality on VW vehicles.
AgentO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 15:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Accessories installed:
1. Head-up display
6. Mahindra official car charger
7. Fender decal sticker

A small review of the head-up display:
Congratulations Tanveer, nice detailed write up

Couple of questions on the accessories installed,

1. How have they routed the wiring for head-up display, is it connected to the 12V charger in the center console?

2. Can you post a picture of the Mahindra official car charger? How much is the cost?

3. Is the decal sticker a customized one? Or is it available with Mahindra?

Quote:
Fuel warning on the instrument cluster is a new.
If you are saying this indicator is a new addition, then no it is present in the old age XUV as well. Hope I din't get your sentence wrong.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 17:43   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdm View Post
Congratulations on your new acquisition. One of my favorite SUV's. What an amazing review & the comparison with Jetta.
Also regarding the 1st gear issue, I am shocked Mahindra has still not fixed the issue as yet.
I own the earlier model -feb 2015 and can confidently say that i have never felt any difficulty till now in slotting 1st and 2nd,though the throws are a bit long for my liking.
But maybe mine is an exception rather than being the norm.
TrailBlazer007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 17:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamatsutra View Post
What a honest review on the XUV! Even though I have sold my XUV this review has me thinking again. My XUV would crash into potholes in city driving and would set in motion the interior rattle orchestra. Is the new one considerably better?
Surprising that the Jetta is the other car I would consider buying. What is your view on the quality of either? I find the plastic, even paint to be of a much higher quality on VW vehicles.
Hello, Yes the previous XUV would crash into potholes, And the interior was famous for its rattling. But In the New Age XUV, The suspension is surely better, It takes the potholes really well now. Also i haven't had any rattle issue for now, I am waiting to clock a few more thousands km and see if the car starts to rattle from anywhere.
Plastic, Paint, Overall Quality of any German car is really top notch, You cannot compare it to Mahindra, But don't get me wrong, Atleast Mahindra has done a good job on the interior this time, And i am almost satisfied with the interior quality, Paint quality is acceptable too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
1. How have they routed the wiring for head-up display, is it connected to the 12V charger in the center console?
I cannot see anything apart from one single wire which goes under the dashboard, And no its not connected to the 12V charger point. Also the speed shown on the heads-up display is exactly the same what the speedometer shows.

Quote:
2. Can you post a picture of the Mahindra official car charger? How much is the cost?
Sure i will do it asap, It was just for 500 Rs and has charging pin for my Iphone 6 plus, Nokia, Samsung etc.

Quote:
3. Is the decal sticker a customized one? Or is it available with Mahindra?
Available at Mahindra for just 200 Rs. Its pasted on both the side of the car.

Quote:
If you are saying this indicator is a new addition, then no it is present in the old age XUV as well. Hope I din't get your sentence wrong.
Yes that's what i meant, It wasn't present in my old XUV, the only warning was the last fuel gauge point would keep blinking. No such Low fuel warning was ever displayed. Also attaching a pic of the instrument cluster of the old XUV which would show everything lit on startup. Please correct me if i am wrong, But i really never saw it on my previous XUV.

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-mahindraxuv5oo04.jpg
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 18:25   #25
adu
BHPian

Quote:

Yes that's what i meant, It wasn't present in my old XUV, the only warning was the last fuel gauge point would keep blinking. No such Low fuel warning was ever displayed. Also attaching a pic of the instrument cluster of the old XUV which would show everything lit on startup. Please correct me if i am wrong, But i really never saw it on my previous XUV.

Attachment 1389947
I have to agree with fusionbang regarding the low fuel warning indicator inb the pre facelift model. I have a July 2014 manufactured W8 and it has a fuel indicator that lights up a stays on till you refuel in addition to the blinking of the last bar of the fuel gauge.

It could also be that the later versions came with this option which was not available in the 2012 model.
Old 7th July 2015, 18:35   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the purchase. A very detailed review.

During launch when I saw sunset orange XUV pics I was of the impression that it may look awkward. However, was able to check out Sunset orange XUV few days back at showroom and liked the shade. I somehow felt it looked bit darker than in pics.

Quote:
Yes that's what i meant, It wasn't present in my old XUV, the only warning was the last fuel gauge point would keep blinking.
This warning light is present in older XUV also, it comes up when DTE is less than 100 KM. Usually the fuel gauge will be having around 2 blocks in this case, the blinking fuel gauge comes up only once it comes down to one block.

However, it is strange that the same is not present in your old XUV. You can see the warning light in my XUV (2014 May model) in this pic.

The same is missing in old XUV's official review, guess M&M added the feature later.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 18:50   #27
BHPian

Congrats on your renewed love affair!Wish you many more highway miles with smiles.

This thread got me wondering if the new HU can be installed on the pre facelift model.Or what parts of the dash can be replaced.Hate the current shiny plastic, reflecting fiasco.
Anyone made any inquiries?
TrailBlazer007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 20:25   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There you go on the low fuel indicator and adulterated fuel indicators present on my XUV which is a April 2015 model.

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-wp_20150707_18_40_38_pro.jpg

Also you can observe that the engine glow and handbrake indicators are different.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 20:37   #29
BHPian

Excellent Review Mate! Congratulations for owning the best Made by India vehicle in the country today!

Nice garage you have there with the Jetta and the XUV 5OO! Like many here even i loved the comparison between the vehicles. As different as they may be comparisons between your own vehicles are bound to happen!

Really love the orange shade. Mahindra has got it perfect else this is one shade that doesnt look good on all vehicles.

Mahindra should offer the Automatic version soon. The W10 + AWD + AT should be a killer package and has the potential to shake up vehicles from a couple of segments above.
Old 7th July 2015, 23:01   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the XUV! That's one of the most comprehensive reviews written about the XUV. I once sat in a friend's XUV and what impressed me was the comfort level and the interior space. I like the previous version as well, but the new version is in a different league altogether. Since you cover a lot of distance on the highways, the XUV definitely is a perfect choice for the commute. How does the infotainment system work? Is the sound quality good or is there scope for improvement?

All the best with your new car!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks