Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2015, 01:18   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

A small but an important update on the heads-up display.

Few days back when i was just trying to notice something closely at the infotainment system, I actually noticed the heads-up display to be brighter than usual. I once again went back to my original driving position and immediately noticed the brightness going down. So then it was because the heads-up display was not fixed exactly in front of me, It should be fixed right behind the instrument cluster so that the speed displayed is exactly in my driving view. I decided to remove the and fix and heads-up display behind the instrument cluster but i soon realized thats not possible. The new instrument cluster cap goes all the way backwards and hence leaves no place where the heads-up display can be actually fixed. No wonder passengers in the second row can see my current speed really easily. Here is the pic of the place behind the instrument cluster and also where the heads-up display is originally fixed. If the day is very sunny, Its hard to see the speed, But if i move towards the left a bit i can see it clearly!

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-img_1234.jpg

It would have been perfect if it was possible to fix it right behind the instrument cluster, But still manages to look really cool and helpful during the night time.
Old 2nd August 2015, 00:42   #62
BHPian

re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Hi Tanveer, congrats on your new acquisition. I liked your review of the new age XUV, the comparo with Jetta and the compare between your old and the new one. A commendable and splendid job done! Please do keep posting to this thread as and when possible for the benefit of the likes of me. Wishing you a happy ownership experience and drive safe.
Old 3rd August 2015, 17:44   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle Giant View Post
Hi Tanveer, congrats on your new acquisition. I liked your review of the new age XUV, the comparo with Jetta and the compare between your old and the new one. A commendable and splendid job done! Please do keep posting to this thread as and when possible for the benefit of the likes of me. Wishing you a happy ownership experience and drive safe.

Hello, Thank you, I am glad your time was well spent. I will surely keep the thread updated. Have clocked around 3200 kms now, Next major update would be during the 5k kms checkup. Thanks again!
Old 3rd August 2015, 19:51   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Hello, Thank you, I am glad your time was well spent. I will surely keep the thread updated. Have clocked around 3200 kms now, Next major update would be during the 5k kms checkup. Thanks again!
Tanveer, probably something you have already talked about
I am looking at the XUV as a primary lug around vehicle and most of the time, it will be driven with a very light load (maybe 2 people /110kg )
The only reason I am afraid of taking the plunge is because of the horror stories I have heard of the older Mahindra (Scorpios typically) having a strong tendency to roll over/topple
We currently drive a i10 and an X1 and both vehicles are very well planted on the road
I understand its an unfair question but how bad would you rate the XUV vs the Jetta in terms of staying planted to the road, esp during hard braking
I can change my driving style to reduce speeds during cornering but ability to stay planted during hard braking remains a concern
Old 4th August 2015, 13:39   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182 View Post
Tanveer, probably something you have already talked about
I am looking at the XUV as a primary lug around vehicle and most of the time, it will be driven with a very light load (maybe 2 people /110kg )
The only reason I am afraid of taking the plunge is because of the horror stories I have heard of the older Mahindra (Scorpios typically) having a strong tendency to roll over/topple
We currently drive a i10 and an X1 and both vehicles are very well planted on the road
I understand its an unfair question but how bad would you rate the XUV vs the Jetta in terms of staying planted to the road, esp during hard braking
I can change my driving style to reduce speeds during cornering but ability to stay planted during hard braking remains a concern
Hello, The way jetta drives over all is amazing. The acceleration, Braking is really good ! You wont feel how fast your going, And no matter how fast your going a slight jab on the brake pedal and that should be enough most of the time. And if your going to travel maybe with 2 people, Jetta makes more sense.

Here is how i would rate the jetta and xuv.
Planted on the road : Jetta = 9/10, Xuv = 7.5/10
Braking : Jetta = 9/10, Xuv = 8/10
Cornering : Jetta = 9/10, Xuv = 7.5/10

But keep in mind, XUV has acres of space and its an SUV. For what it is, It really drives well. But cannot be compared to jetta in terms of driving dynamics.
Old 5th August 2015, 20:29   #66

I did test drove Scorpio and XUVweighing options on which one to buy. If luggage is loaded on the last row seat will it destroy the seats?
Old 6th August 2015, 14:38   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopisk View Post
I did test drove Scorpio and XUVweighing options on which one to buy. If luggage is loaded on the last row seat will it destroy the seats?

There were times when i had folded the 3rd row seats and filled in as much as luggage possible, Which included heavy bags as well. This was in my previous gen XUV and i never faced any issues with the 3rd row seats. Has to be the same with the new age as well.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 00:51   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Hello, The way jetta drives over all is amazing. The acceleration, Braking is really good ! You wont feel how fast your going, And no matter how fast your going a slight jab on the brake pedal and that should be enough most of the time. And if your going to travel maybe with 2 people, Jetta makes more sense.

Here is how i would rate the jetta and xuv.
Planted on the road : Jetta = 9/10, Xuv = 7.5/10
Braking : Jetta = 9/10, Xuv = 8/10
Cornering : Jetta = 9/10, Xuv = 7.5/10

But keep in mind, XUV has acres of space and its an SUV. For what it is, It really drives well. But cannot be compared to jetta in terms of driving dynamics.
Thanks for that, the reason I asked the question was because we plan to retain the existing X1 (which would roughly be equivalent to the Jetta in terms of handling)
What I needed to know was how much of a handling and dynamics loss would I need to live with while driving the XUV (which is meant to complement the existing car)
Think your response makes me feel confident enough to take the plunge - Thanks again
Old 7th August 2015, 13:17   #69

Hi Just booked my w10 AWD sunset Cheetah. However having nagging doubts about many reported niggled that earlier XUV had.

Has anyone reported any major mechanical issues in the new facelift XUV- braking issues (turning right-side on braking) or any other major mechanical failure which remain unattended?

Will appreciate your feedback.

thanks
DS
Old 7th August 2015, 21:58   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182 View Post
Thanks for that, the reason I asked the question was because we plan to retain the existing X1 (which would roughly be equivalent to the Jetta in terms of handling)
What I needed to know was how much of a handling and dynamics loss would I need to live with while driving the XUV (which is meant to complement the existing car)
Think your response makes me feel confident enough to take the plunge - Thanks again
I am glad i could help. Wish you all the luck for your new ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shardil View Post
Hi Just booked my w10 AWD sunset Cheetah. However having nagging doubts about many reported niggled that earlier XUV had.

Has anyone reported any major mechanical issues in the new facelift XUV- braking issues (turning right-side on braking) or any other major mechanical failure which remain unattended?

Will appreciate your feedback.

thanks
DS

Hello, I don't think anyone yet as reported any major niggle/issues. Yes the smaller ones will be there but it doesn't make it a deal breaker. I have driven the new age xuv for about 3500 kms now, And trust me the braking is really good! Its spot on, Same goes to the suspension, No more crashing of the suspension on potholes and it seems to be holding up really well! You have booked the cheetah! Enjoy it, Forget about everything else. May your life be full of stories with the cheetah (Good stories)
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 11:32   #71
Senior - BHPian

A small update on the car.

ODO currently is standing at 3700 kms and small problems have started arising.

1. Left side door has started rattling, Something went loose and dropped inside the door itself i guess, Since there is constant rattling.

2. Vibrations in the 4th and 6th gear on the gear lever has increased a lot.

3. Touchscreen is acting weird, Sometimes it would take ages to load up, Sometimes the volume of the song increases or decreases on its own, And sometimes the camera just wont come on.

4. Second row seats rattle a lot if no one is sitting on it.

5. And to end it i am still troubled because of no one hour mode.

Planning to send the car to the 5k kms servicing a bit early and will mention all these problems as well. Apart from these have to mention the suspension and the braking is still going pretty good.
Old 11th August 2015, 18:28   #72
adu
BHPian

Quote:
A small update on the car.

ODO currently is standing at 3700 kms and small problems have started arising.

This is an issue I face with my pre facelift XUV and have heard a lot of others complaining about this too. Guess there is nothing that can be done about it.
Old 11th August 2015, 19:38   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This I guess is not the entire row but the folding seat on left side that is used more often to access third row seats? Check if the seat is properly put back after using to access third row. Over the period of time this seat by more use becomes kinda loose. A small/ minor rattle can be heard when the cabin is super silent and you go over some bad roads.

Try finding exact source of the rattle and if possible use some rubber cushioning to areas where the seat groves touch with metal surfaces. That would make this rattle go away. Should be a simple DIY.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 01:37   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adu View Post
This is an issue I face with my pre facelift XUV and have heard a lot of others complaining about this too. Guess there is nothing that can be done about it.

Yes this issue was present in my previous xuv as well and damm i literally hate it. And obviously after complaining about it several times to the service center it was never fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
This I guess is not the entire row but the folding seat on left side that is used more often to access third row seats? Check if the seat is properly put back after using to access third row. Over the period of time this seat by more use becomes kinda loose. A small/ minor rattle can be heard when the cabin is super silent and you go over some bad roads.

Try finding exact source of the rattle and if possible use some rubber cushioning to areas where the seat groves touch with metal surfaces. That would make this rattle go away. Should be a simple DIY.

I checked the folding seat, Its secure properly.
Yes i will be paying even more attention next time i hear it and then opt for a DIY. Specially now when the cabin is super silent most of the times and i really want it to stay like that. Even the door rattling which i am facing should be easily fixed and no other rattle from the dashboard or anywhere, Touchwood!
Old 14th August 2015, 14:24   #75
BHPian

Hi Tanveer, which dealer did you get your new age XUV delivered through? The reason I'm asking is since I'm in a process of getting a new XUV and I'm facing a slight issue. NBS chowpatty is the dealer I decided to use to get my new XUV. Earlier he promised me that the vehicle would be delivered in a weeks time and now he's saying I won't. Not only that, now he is unwilling to commit any date at all since I've already done the booking through him. Any suggestions?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks