Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2015, 14:42   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle Giant View Post
Hi Tanveer, which dealer did you get your new age XUV delivered through? The reason I'm asking is since I'm in a process of getting a new XUV and I'm facing a slight issue. NBS chowpatty is the dealer I decided to use to get my new XUV. Earlier he promised me that the vehicle would be delivered in a weeks time and now he's saying I won't. Not only that, now he is unwilling to commit any date at all since I've already done the booking through him. Any suggestions?

Hello, I had too booked it from them and honestly the process wasn't smooth either. One of the issue was the delivery date, Previously they wanted a months time to delivery the vehicle but other dealers were offering the car in a week's time! Secondly they were not allowing me to get the insurance from outside, Since they had quoted 40k more than the offer i had received from outside. All this was sorted when i asked them to cancel the booking, They gave me the vehicle in 2 weeks and allowed me to get the insurance from outside. I suggest you to enquire about the car with other dealers, G3 motors etc, And ask NBS to cancel the booking and then see how they react.
Old 14th August 2015, 19:14   #77
BHPian

re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
A small update on the car.
3. Touchscreen is acting weird, Sometimes it would take ages to load up, Sometimes the volume of the song increases or decreases on its own, And sometimes the camera just wont come on.
The speaker decibel is dependent on speed, the sensitivity of which can be controlled through the setting. If the speaker decibel varies at rest it is an issue, else just decrease or turn off the speed based sensitivity.
Old 16th August 2015, 00:33   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
The speaker decibel is dependent on speed, the sensitivity of which can be controlled through the setting. If the speaker decibel varies at rest it is an issue, else just decrease or turn off the speed based sensitivity.

Hello, I have always kept the SDVC off, I never use it and i checked it twice if it was on, But it was'nt. Sometimes the volume would decrease or increase randomly even when the car was stationary. Though i was driving since morning till night today and the problem did not occur even once, But it troubled me for 3 days before.
Old 16th August 2015, 06:25   #79
BHPian

re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Hello, I have always kept the SDVC off, I never use it and i checked it twice if it was on, But it was'nt. Sometimes the volume would decrease or increase randomly even when the car was stationary. Though i was driving since morning till night today and the problem did not occur even once, But it troubled me for 3 days before.
Were you playing from the USB/Bluetooth? Sometimes based on the quality of the recorded audio also you have higher decibel level for some songs compared to others. If it happens during radio reception, then it could be an issue... I've experienced this high/low volume on the songs i play from USB, vowing to the quality of recorded songs.
Indian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 14:57   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Were you playing from the USB/Bluetooth? Sometimes based on the quality of the recorded audio also you have higher decibel level for some songs compared to others. If it happens during radio reception, then it could be an issue... I've experienced this high/low volume on the songs i play from USB, vowing to the quality of recorded songs.

Yes i was playing the music from USB, If you too have experienced the same then ill probably keep a check for it while listening to radio. Will try streaming music from blutooth as well to see if it happens again. Thanks!
Old 25th August 2015, 19:27   #81
Senior - BHPian

Pre First servicing update.

The ODO now stands at 4600 kms, I have already booked for an appointment on friday for the first servicing which is due at 5000 kms. With that i am going to mention the following issues with the car that has occurred in the 4600 kms i have driven, Drove the car in the city 60% and highway 40%.

Problems,
1. Rear Aircon doesn't work.
2. Front Passenger door rattles (Something has gone loose and fell inside)
3. Touchscreen system has several minor issues, Also typing a location in navigation takes forever.
4. Front right suspension makes a noise only when its raining and i go over speed breaker.
5. Second row folding seat is stuck, It wont roll all the way forward for a passenger to enter the third row.
6. Second row seats rattle.
7. To check if the One hour mode is possible on the W10 model.
8. Gear knob vibrations while acceleration in 4th and 6th gear.
9. Lounge lighting flashes.

Yes the list is long, But nothing major and i am sure most of it will be fixed in a couple of days. Apart from problems there are a few good things i would like to mention,

1. Apart from the front right suspension noise, The suspension is holding on really well, And still behaves the way it used to the day i bought it.
2. Sunroof has been opened and closed more than 50 times easily i think, And there is still no rattling or any kind of noise while its operating.
3. Engine is getting smoother and the 6th gear now is a boon on the highway. Right from 60 kph.
4. AC is a chiller, Even when my XUV has no films at all.
5. Navigation is really good.

Next update on the car and the service experience once the car is back from the service center. Hopefully next week.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 10:45   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Pre First servicing update.

Problems,
2. Front Passenger door rattles (Something has gone loose and fell inside)
3. Touchscreen system has several minor issues, Also typing a location in navigation takes forever.
6. Second row seats rattle.
7. To check if the One hour mode is possible on the W10 model.

Hello Tanveer,

Some issues seems to be standard across new XUV. My W10 AWD also have similar issues.

For front door rattling try driving with passenger window roll down to mid level. There is rattling in my car as well and it vanishes once the window is roll down. I will report it during the first service.

One our mode is available somewhere in the system. How do I know? Yesterday there was a weird issue, my car engine got switched off in traffic in second gear and I was not able to start it with the Push button at first attempt. There was few random messages flashing on screen like HDC activated and one of it was Entering one hour mode. I waited for few seconds more and car started. However I am unable to see the one hour mode message again. I think the service center guys should be able to activate it.
Old 27th August 2015, 16:08   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
Hello Tanveer,

Some issues seems to be standard across new XUV. My W10 AWD also have similar issues.

For front door rattling try driving with passenger window roll down to mid level. There is rattling in my car as well and it vanishes once the window is roll down. I will report it during the first service.

One our mode is available somewhere in the system. How do I know? Yesterday there was a weird issue, my car engine got switched off in traffic in second gear and I was not able to start it with the Push button at first attempt. There was few random messages flashing on screen like HDC activated and one of it was Entering one hour mode. I waited for few seconds more and car started. However I am unable to see the one hour mode message again. I think the service center guys should be able to activate it.

Hello, Yes indeed the problems seems to be similar, The same thing happened with me, Also HDC when is in action only then it shows on the infotainment system as HDC activated, Not when we just press the button, And i too had seen the HDC and one hour mode flashing on the screen for a second, I hope one hour mode works! My car goes to the service center tomorrow and i hope all the issues will be rectified.
Old 28th August 2015, 22:30   #84
BHPian

Hello Tanveer
Hope you have got the car back with issues fixed.
Old 30th August 2015, 14:54   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
Hello Tanveer
Hope you have got the car back with issues fixed.

Hello,
Unfortunately not yet, The car is at the service center since friday morning, And till now i just had an update about the car that the software upgrade for both the ECU and the infotainment system was done, The service advisor was supposed to call me by saturday morning but i did not get a call. Lets see how it goes further..
Old 1st September 2015, 09:03   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Tanveer, can you please post your experience post infotainment software upgrade? I think you got the car back from the service. Eagerly looking forward to your experience during and after first service mark.
Old 1st September 2015, 12:59   #87
Senior - BHPian

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Tanveer, can you please post your experience post infotainment software upgrade? I think you got the car back from the service. Eagerly looking forward to your experience during and after first service mark.

Hello, I still haven't got the car back! The service advisor has no sense that atleast he should let the customer give an update about the car, The main thing for the delay is the rear econ activator switch which is busted, (In a brand new car Wow) They say they have ordered it on monday even though car was at the service center since friday! I got tired and asked them to drop the car back today and then they will take it once more when the switch arrives.

Edit : Will get the car back tomorrow with all the work done, There are also 2 updates for infotainment system, Will post from information as i get the car back.

Last edited by Tanveer_2558 : 1st September 2015 at 13:06.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 01:28   #88
Senior - BHPian

So the car is back after the first service, And following was my service experience with the Mahindra Reay Road workshop.

Following things were supposed to be fixed,

1. Rear Aircon doesn't work. Fixed
2. Front Passenger door rattles (Something has gone loose and fell inside) Not Fixed
3. Touchscreen system has several minor issues, Also typing a location in navigation takes forever. Almost Fixed
4. Front right suspension makes a noise only when its raining and i go over speed breaker. Fixed
5. Second row folding seat is stuck, It wont roll all the way forward for a passenger to enter the third row. Fixed partially.
6. Second row seats rattle. Fixed
7. To check if the One hour mode is possible on the W10 model. Not fixed
8. Gear knob vibrations while acceleration in 4th and 6th gear. Not Fixed
9. Lounge lighting flashes. Done.
10. 1st servicing - Done.

Car was sent on friday in the morning and was returned back on wednesday late evening, My SA was amazing, He had no clue about what the issues were with the car, Even though i had written down everything clearly! I had to explain everything to him again and again over the phone, And still some of the issues were not fixed.

A picture of the bill,
My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-fullsizerender-8.jpg

Following are the negatives of the service center i faced during this encounter,
1. No proper communication from my SA (For instance, I had to call him 5 times, Out of which he would pickup the call just once!)
2. Time taken for all the work to be done was much more than expected
3. No Information was given to me about the things i will be charged for in the bill
4. Appointment for a pickup and drop has to be made atleast 10 days in advance
5. Careless attitude from their staff, It wasn't like this before, It is now!
6. People keep changing in the service center so there are hardly any chances your SA would be someone who has taken care of your vehicle before

Now about the One hour mode,
According to my SA it is working fine in my car and according to him, One hour mode is also seen on the infotainment system once it is in use, But reality is it isn't working! There are 2 new infotainment updates and both are done, Still One hour mode isn't present. Guys with a W10 model, Please upload a picture or a video if the one hour mode is working for you guy, This one feature has really got me very frustrated.

Attaching the pics of the latest software versions,
My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-fullsizerender-6.jpg
My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-fullsizerender-7.jpg

Would rate the Service Experience as 5/10. I did not expect such an experience for such small issues and the first service too which is supposed to be really straight forward, But well with Mahindra its always a rollercoaster ride.

Apart from all the issue's caused because of the service center, The car has become even more smoother, Drives like a charm, Engine noise too has further reduced around the lower rpm's. Engaging 1st gear is no issues now as well as gear shifting overall has improved a lot, All the electronics are holding on pretty well too. Scary part being i have to send the vehicle again for the 10k Servicing and looking at my schedule it would be in less than 2 months.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 08:46   #89
adu
BHPian

Quote:
So the car is back after the first service, And following was my service experience with the Mahindra Reay Road workshop.

Would rate the Service Experience as 5/10. I did not expect such an experience for such small issues and the first service too which is supposed to be really straight forward, But well with Mahindra its always a rollercoaster ride.
Tanveer, you should get a call from Mahindra Customer Care a few days after the service to check on your experience with regard to the same. I have received this on both the occasions when I had service done on my vehicle. I would suggest you be very vocal with your experience and demand that they check on this and get back to you with an update on how they will resolve the issues.
Old 3rd September 2015, 10:55   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Now about the One hour mode,
According to my SA it is working fine in my car and according to him, One hour mode is also seen on the infotainment system once it is in use,
Tanveer - can you pls elaborate on this one-hour mode and what are the benefits of it? I have no idea about this feature from pre-facelift versions.

Quote:
Apart from all the issue's caused because of the service center, The car has become even more smoother, Drives like a charm, Engine noise too has further reduced around the lower rpm's. Engaging 1st gear is no issues now as well as gear shifting overall has improved a lot, All the electronics are holding on pretty well too. Scary part being i have to send the vehicle again for the 10k Servicing and looking at my schedule it would be in less than 2 months.
My W10 has done about 1600 KMs now and engaging the gears has really become smooth. I no longer have issue in engaging to 1st gear (which used to be a occasional problem earlier). Hopefully it stays this way

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks