Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2015, 23:11   #151
Senior - BHPian

re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

A Small update related to the new ESP 9,

Was driving around 40kph, Missed spotting a weird looking speed breaker, Which resulted in the car loosing a bit of traction, And to my surprise the ESP light started blinking and the engine power was significantly reduced, It was only after a good 2-3 seconds the engine power came back on,

Now i have faced similar situations in the previous generation XUV as well and never the ESP reacted the way it did this time, Initially i thought advertising ESP 9 was just a gimmick in the new age Xuv, But it seems its actually more sensitive.

I tried going over a speed breaker again,This time deliberately just to see how the car responds, And yes the car again reacted the same way!
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 00:20   #152
Senior - BHPian

re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Just a small little update, ODO stands near 13000 Kms. I got TPMS warning while driving today, And to my surprise it was the spare tyre, Now i have just checked the tyre pressure once and had filled it with 34 PSI when i had got the car, Never checked it again after that, So i doubt there would be a air leakage from a brand-new tyre.

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-screen-shot-20151224-12.14.10-am.png

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-screen-shot-20151224-12.14.19-am.png
Old 24th December 2015, 07:46   #153
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
filled it with 34 PSI when i had got the car
I fill the spare tyre with 42 psi and check the pressure once in 6 months. I have been following this practice since my erstwhile Linea days successfully.

Old 24th December 2015, 10:05   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just a small little update, ODO stands near 13000 Kms. I got TPMS warning while driving today, And to my surprise it was the spare tyre, Now i have just checked the tyre pressure once and had filled it with 34 PSI when i had got the car, Never checked it again after that, So i doubt there would be a air leakage from a brand-new tyre.
Hi Tanveer, Even I got the same error recently and it was the same spare tyre. Even my ODO stands close to 13K, probably Mahindra has set this reminder at 13K

The tyre pressure was at 23 PSI when this error popped up, filled it with 34 PSI and have left it for now. So nothing to worry about
Old 24th December 2015, 11:26   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I fill the spare tyre with 42 psi and check the pressure once in 6 months. I have been following this practice since my erstwhile Linea days successfully.
Even i usually fill above 40 psi, But since that day i was in a hurry and for some reason that guy had a really slow machine which was getting a bit annoying, So left it at 34, Will take it upto 40 psi this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Hi Tanveer, Even I got the same error recently and it was the same spare tyre. Even my ODO stands close to 13K, probably Mahindra has set this reminder at 13K

The tyre pressure was at 23 PSI when this error popped up, filled it with 34 PSI and have left it for now. So nothing to worry about
Hello! Haha, I too will get it checked today and hoping for the TPMS light to go away.
Old 24th December 2015, 11:53   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Mine is past 13300 Kms now and so far no warnings like this
I have never checked the spare tyre pressure as well as never filled air in it. It's not used since I bought the car. Touchwood, it remains that way
Old 24th December 2015, 23:28   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
I have never checked the spare tyre pressure as well as never filled air in it. It's not used since I bought the car. Touchwood, it remains that way
My previous's xuv's spare tyre was not used until 40k !! The heck i got my first puncture after 30k! Hoping for the same to continue
Old 31st December 2015, 20:29   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So indeed, The spare tyre lost air pressure some how and was at 20 PSI, Filled it upto 36 PSI and loved the way how the TPMS light goes off automatically.

A pretty nice update coming up regarding how tough the XUV is mechanically! And i am pretty impressed, Again.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 01:12   #159
Senior - BHPian

The recent trip to Hyderabad was rather exciting! Well it should have been a straight route, And the home work was pretty much done before leaving our place, The route selected was via NH9.

Mumbai Via Pune to Solapur Road condition : 9/10.
It was a lovely drive all the way to solapur which turned into a nightmare lateron.
We had opted to take the Humnabad - Zaheerabad route to reach Hyderabad and to our horror the road was majorly under construction, I saw a small board saying, Date of Completion : 29-12-2017, Trust me the work won't be done before that, I expect the route to be completed only after a good 3-4 years!!

The total of those 300 Kms from solapur to Hyderabad took us roughly 6 hours, The route has several diversions, The road is in pathetic condition to say the least, And travelling during the night on this route is asking for trouble.
Would rate the route 4/10 in its current state.

Lot of rough patches, Un even speed breakers, huge potholes, Etc, And it was just not possible to slow the car for all of them everytime, So i had to go through them in good speed! Have to say XUV took it all really well.

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-screen-shot-20160106-12.46.08-am.png

While returning back we decided to take an alternate route till solapur and we were majorly relying on google maps + Xuv's navigation for the directions (First mistake)

We decided to take the, Kalaburagi - Akkalkot route, But to our horror both the Navigation system took the most narrowest and shortest route possible ( I totally forgot it was obvious the google maps to select the shortest route till the destination) Second mistake.

Which landed us in almost a jungle! Well the route was as seen below,
My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-screen-shot-20160106-12.46.42-am.png

Just a single road, No traffic, No Network, No humans seen anywere around!
The road was almost 30 kms long which was very scenic no doubt, But if a breakdown, There was no help to be seen anywhere! No network as well! So yeah it was scary, It was too late to turn back around and we had only one option to keep going ahead, We went pass a few very small villages and asking the locals about the route they confirmed we are going in the right direction but we took a wrong turn some were which landed us in the wrong route all together and we missed the highway! We also saw a bunch of peacocks flying just near our car, A couple of snakes and some really beautiful birds as well.

The road lateron disappeared! Only rocks to drive on which included huge holes which continued for about 10kms! The xuv had some real tough time! When i say no roads, I literally mean it, I could not click a snap of the road since i was driving and my dad was literally holding on really tight to be in his seat

I really thought the car would develop some suspension noises or least the alignment would go off, XUV took a lot of abuse! Trust me.

But to my surprise as soon as there was smooth tarmac, The car was driving as if nothing happened, Left the steering and the car would still go straight, No kind of noises nothing!
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 06:34   #160
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hopefully you do not have to make use of the spare at an inconvenient time, and realize it's low on air pressure. I would suggest you check it atleast once in 6 months or so, and keep it overinflated in comparison to the other tyres.
benbsb29 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 09:23   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The recent trip to Hyderabad was rather exciting!
Awesome update Tanveer! I spent my good tree years studying in Solapur and kind of know all the road status in and around. Wish I knew about your trip earlier to help you with better road suggestions.

For my recent trip to Janjira when I took Roha to Murud road via Kelghar, the situation was no different! Around 25 Km stretch with small to large potholes, loose gravel and almost zero human presence! It was scary but XUV was like at it's home-ground. No issues whatsoever. We cruised on that road too though with speeds between 10-30 Kmph, XUV leaves no room for complaints. Give it a straight road with smooth tarmac and it exceeds your expectations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I would suggest you check it at least once in 6 months or so, and keep it overinflated in comparison to the other tyres.
Great suggestion. But since I carry a portable inflator, never bothered to worry about spare. All tyres in use being tubeless, I think I can easily inflate the tyres on low pressure and drive to next available puncture repair shop. At times when that is not possible, puncture must be big one and spare must be used. Again the portable inflator should help there as well. I carry a small box (1ft wide, 1 ft deep and 9 inches broad) with all emergency stuff like tow tape, spanners, extra bulb, tyre inflator and first aid kit with additional stuff we need like medicines to treat common cold, cough, headache as well as Relispray.

Regardless of this one must keep the spare inflated to little more than generally would be just to make sure that you don't spend that additional 5-10 mins inflating tyre when needed!
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 11:06   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My previous's xuv's spare tyre was not used until 40k !! The heck i got my first puncture after 30k! Hoping for the same to continue
Hi Tanveer_2558,
Do you not rotate all 5 tyres? This way you will use all 5 tyres evenly and they will wear more or less evenly. Afterall, we pay for all 5 tyres and we must use them all.

Even if the spare tyre is not used much, we have to replace it after 5-6 years anyway. So better to use it.
Old 6th January 2016, 11:28   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Even if the spare tyre is not used much, we have to replace it after 5-6 years anyway. So better to use it.
The new age spare is not alloy. You wont rotate it with all other 4 alloys. Hence that is typically used as spare only. Hence rotation generally happens between 4 alloys.
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 11:43   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The new age spare is not alloy. You wont rotate it with all other 4 alloys. Hence that is typically used as spare only. Hence rotation generally happens between 4 alloys.
Yes, now I recall this.

While buying the next car, I will buy a spare alloy too. Or else, we need to tell the tyrewala to take out the tyre from the spare rim and then rotate!
Old 6th January 2016, 11:54   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
While buying the next car, I will buy a spare alloy too.
In my opinion, it may not make big difference. You will spend unnecessarily money on the alloy. As long as you use spare only for punctures and standby arrangement, you can always change only 4 tyres.

- The routine service of XUV is at 20K prescribed. You can still do it at 10K. Meaning, tyre rotation would be happening on 10K only?
- When you get new set of tyres you will need to buy 5. If you get into the dilemma of replacing only 4, you will be facing the tough question of which one to retain as spare!
- By using spare in rotation, I think you may be able o delay the new tyre change to additional 10K Kms or so?

I had the same thought as you while considering the tyre rotation but then gave away thinking too much of hassle to track rotation/ changes etc.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks