Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2016, 15:19   #181
BHPian

re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Nice pics there . This Orange looks nice on the XUV.
So is this the off road trail you wanted to take your XUv to test out the AWD setup?
Old 31st January 2016, 11:27   #182
Senior - BHPian

re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : AWD Experience With Pictures & Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
Nice pics there . This Orange looks nice on the XUV.
So is this the off road trail you wanted to take your XUv to test out the AWD setup?
Thanks man! Just look at the different shade of the colour under different lighting, Unfortunately this wasn't the off road trail, Had a only a few hours in hand and couldn't really explore more, Soon though.
Old 6th February 2016, 01:30   #183
Senior - BHPian

Driving at around 60 kph, I got the AWD malfunction symbol

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-screen-shot-20160206-1.23.58-am.png

I literally had my heart in my mouth! I had already driven more than 300 kms from Mumbai and i was nearly at a place where there was no kind of help available at midnight! Even though the car was running fine, I Tried activating the AWD lock switch and it did lit up, After that decided to stop and restart the car hoping for the Malfunction symbol to go away, And Voila ! Indeed i think i have got a self healing car, The instrument cluster was clear and even the AWD lock switch was getting activated properly. Phew!

Another thing i have noticed the AWD lock switch if activated stays active regardless of the speed, I have driven from 0 kph to 100+ Kph and still i could see the AWD lock switch active, Is it normal?

Delayed my 20k Servicing since i was busy munching km's on my jetta.
Old 6th February 2016, 06:35   #184
BHPian

Hello Tanveer
I had faced the same issue of awd malfuntion light two days ago. I too tried same troubleshooting steps.Finally did restart and it fixed. My XUV has completed 19000 kms now. Will report this at 20K service.

Regarding AWD lock light it seems normal to stay on regardless of speed. But not sure if it is good to drive at high speeds with awd activated.
Old 7th February 2016, 15:45   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
Hello Tanveer
I had faced the same issue of awd malfuntion light two days ago. I too tried same troubleshooting steps.Finally did restart and it fixed. My XUV has completed 19000 kms now. Will report this at 20K service.

Regarding AWD lock light it seems normal to stay on regardless of speed. But not sure if it is good to drive at high speeds with awd activated.
I too will report it during my 20000 Kms service, But i doubt it would be of any use since the Malfunction isn't there anymore, All the best for the servicing!
Old 20th February 2016, 14:26   #186
Senior - BHPian

Driving at midnight under heavy fog with almost zero visibility and when your car is extremely low on fuel! Scary situation it was. Infotainment system was showing distance to empty only in 4 kms!! Thats the lowest i have ever seen, The last point of the fuel gauge was blinking since a long time! And finally i saw pump, Where i did a tank full which also revealed that probably XUV has a 70 + 5 (Reserve) Litre fuel capacity! I did not know that before, The guy filling said he could fill some more but i asked him to stop anyways.

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-screen-shot-20160220-2.24.22-pm.png

ODO at around 18500Kms, Being driving the Jetta a lot past a month.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 17:59   #187
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
And finally i saw pump, Where i did a tank full which also revealed that probably XUV has a 70 + 5 (Reserve) Litre fuel capacity! I did not know that before, The guy filling said he could fill some more but i asked him to stop anyways.
Hey, do you fill above the auto-cutoff point during fuelling?

I was under an impression that the total capacity is 70L so at auto cutoff it would accept anywhere between 60 to 65L. The 73L reading on the pump had put me under thinking again.

Reason I am telling is, in my Swift the tank capacity is 42L and I get the cutoff at 35 to 37L. If I fill-in manually after the cutoff till the brim it may go up but have never done it in the 71K kms.

Another question to you and all XUV 5OO owners:

Since the fuel gauge is digital, have you guys come to an understanding that how much does each box in the fuel gauge represent in terms of litres?

Last edited by a4anurag : 20th February 2016 at 18:00.
Old 20th February 2016, 19:02   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hey, do you fill above the auto-cutoff point during fuelling?
The auto-cutoff had happened around 70L, The rest was filled very slowly, The guy filling it said another 2-3 litres would go easily but i asked him to stop at 73L only.

Quote:
I was under an impression that the total capacity is 70L so at auto cutoff it would accept anywhere between 60 to 65L. The 73L reading on the pump had put me under thinking again.
Even i had thought the 70L tank would include the reserve capacity, But was surprised to see that, Also Just a little about the pump, It was a Huge pump which was very well maintained with guys well trained, So i don't think there could be any kind of tampering with the meter or something.

Quote:
Another question to you and all XUV 5OO owners:
Since the fuel gauge is digital, have you guys come to an understanding that how much does each box in the fuel gauge represent in terms of litres?
From my experience, Including my previous XUV, The second and the third box, And then its the third last and the second last box, Which is very unreliable at times, For instance, The first box would stay for a long time, The the first box goes, After that the second box would go and then reappear after sometime, The same thing happens with the third and second last box, The third last box would disappear, So your left with 2 boxes, But then again the third last box would come up! It was the same in my previous XUV as well, The fuel gauge isn't very spot on.

Other's please chip in your experience too.
Old 21st February 2016, 23:45   #189
BHPian

Quote:

From my experience, Including my previous XUV, The second and the third box, And then its the third last and the second last box, Which is very unreliable at times, For instance, The first box would stay for a long time, The the first box goes, After that the second box would go and then reappear after sometime, The same thing happens with the third and second last box, The third last box would disappear, So your left with 2 boxes, But then again the third last box would come up! It was the same in my previous XUV as well, The fuel gauge isn't very spot on.

Other's please chip in your experience too.
I was told that each box denotes 7 liters. There will be 10 such bars in the Fuel indicator. During running, I don't think any of the gauge is reliable.
sbala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 00:08   #190
Senior - BHPian

A sunday drive, A day well spent, Couple of pictures of the beast.
My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-img_8376.jpg

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-img_8378.jpg

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-img_8379.jpg

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-img_8381.jpg

I would surely like to brag about certain road trips that i do, I hope Mahindra gets us the 3G and Wifi Connectivity enabled soon.

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-img_8398.jpg
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 21:00   #191
Senior - BHPian

ODO at 19600.

The car is unbearable to drive, The suspension it seems has taken a hit some where, Can feel each and every bump on the road and it hits hard! The service centre i send the car to is shut from the 1st to 6th of March and hence i have taken an appointment on the 7th.

Hope nothing major comes up. The tyre pressure was checked and found normal at 32-33 PSI.

Infotainment system too has started to hang more frequently now, Sometimes even at the seat belt warning.
Old 1st March 2016, 10:47   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car is unbearable to drive, The suspension it seems has taken a hit some where
Infotainment system too has started to hang more frequently now, Sometimes even at the seat belt warning.
This is scary as well as completely unexpected

I wouldn't care about infotainment hanging yet but definitely the suspension issue is not good to hear. All the driving you have done so far are typical indian roads and this should not be cause of suspension issue if at all.
Old 1st March 2016, 11:01   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The car is unbearable to drive, The suspension it seems has taken a hit some where, Can feel each and every bump on the road and it hits hard!
Do you hear suspension rattling sound? Get the front stabilizer bar bushes checked, the rubber bushes must be worn/cut, causing excessive free play.
Old 1st March 2016, 12:58   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
This is scary as well as completely unexpected

I wouldn't care about infotainment hanging yet but definitely the suspension issue is not good to hear. All the driving you have done so far are typical indian roads and this should not be cause of suspension issue if at all.
I think my trip from Hyderabad - Mumbai via 300 kms of very bad road, Thats when it must have taken a hit, But even after reaching Mumbai and driving about 2-3k kms more i did not have such an issue, Its only after crossing the 19000 kms mark the car has become extremely difficult to drive.

About the infotainment, Its fine if it hangs, But sometimes the system hangs while it displays about the seat belt, Now i do buckle up but sometimes just to park the car, Its annoying that the seat belt reminder covers the whole screen and freezes there. I have to restart the car then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Do you hear suspension rattling sound? Get the front stabilizer bar bushes checked, the rubber bushes must be worn/cut, causing excessive free play.
There are no noises from the suspension, Literally! Not from the front or back, Even i suspect the rubber bushes have been cut/ Worn. Will update as soon as possible once the car is at the service centre.
Old 1st March 2016, 18:12   #195
BHPian

Quote:
shut from the 1st to 6th of March and hence i have taken an appointment on the 7th.
But why wait till 07/03/2016. You could drop in the car at G3 motors - Malad.
A little out of the way for you, agreed !- but the problem is sure to be solved much earlier. Any specific reason? any bad experience with them?

A little worrisome to hear about suspension issue so early into the ownership , but i hope it wont be anything major.

Most Viewed