Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2017, 23:09   #316
Senior - BHPian

re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Another sunday, Another morning meet,
Attachment 1602684
Looks like the crash guard is suspended in the air. .
Old 31st January 2017, 23:13   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Looks like the crash guard is suspended in the air. .
Haha, Indeed i was the photographer after all
Old 15th February 2017, 19:53   #318
Senior - BHPian

Closing near to the 40,000 kms mark, Minor niggles continue to pop up, One of the most embarrassing one being during my trip to Ahmedabad, I get down in the morning, Make my way to the parking lot of the hotel, Press the button on the door and nothing happens, Press the button on the key nothing happens, Voila! Battery of the remote died, So i manually remove the physical key (I was going to unlock the car with a physical key for the first time) Inserted in the slot and now what? Its a thin key and almost no grip to turn the key so that the doors would unlock! I literally had to hurt my 3 fingers to some how turn the key and unlock the doors and when i did that, The alarm went off ! Hotel security came running in and they saw me near the door with a thin key (Which looked like an instrument used to break into cars) stuck in the door (It was like i was caught red handed)

Course no one had to guts to question me, I sat inside and pressed the start button and phew the car started and the alarm went off, Phew! Now everytime i shut the car this comes up,
My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-img_3844.jpg

Mechanically the car is totally sound with ZERO issues, Hoping to get all the niggles sorted during the 40k kms service, Next update after the service, Till then, Buckle up and take the cheetah to explore whenever possible.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 00:13   #319
BHPian

Hi Tanveer,

Any updates on the fuel efficieny figures for highway and city runs? Would be great if you could provide these figures based on tank top method.
Old 17th February 2017, 23:03   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Hi Tanveer,

Any updates on the fuel efficieny figures for highway and city runs? Would be great if you could provide these figures based on tank top method.
Hello, I get around 13 KPL via Tank full method, This is while driving a bit more in a aggressive way, Driving in a very steady and relaxed way 14-15kpl was also achieved several times, Add to that 75 litre tank makes sure you get pretty awesome range from one tank full, This figures is purely on highway runs, In the city never above 10 kpl really.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 00:09   #321
Senior - BHPian

Service Update : 40,000 kms Servicing done!

Here is the bill, Hate the fact they have again charged me for washing the car, It is supposed to be FREE if your car has gone for servicing! Guys, Take this up to the service centre and let them know about this, Car wash is supposed to be FREE! Still the service centres are charging different amount from 400- 800 rupees from customer's! If they deny that its free, Simply call up customer care & let them know about this, While your car is at the service centre, Its not about the few bucks, But thats like cheating the customer on their face.

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-screen-shot-20170426-11.47.23-pm.png

14,500 INR Bill @ 40k servicing! Which also includes a set of wipers & some claddings which i asked them to change, I am totally satisfied with the car, I have always had a XUV 500 in my garage since almost 5 years now & touch wood i have not had one single mechanical breakdown/Problem, Small niggles do not count here, What counts is that i was never stranded during my hundreds of long journeys on the highways! Including both XUV 500's that i have owned in the past 5 years, Clocked a total of around 1,30,000 (90k old + 40k new) kms on both the car's, I vouch for this car! Cheap to maintain & mechanically reliable.

I also discovered that you can unlock the boot by just pressing the button on the boot while having the keys in your pocket! Super convenient to have.

Also here is a teaser picture of what went down recently, A full report to follow soon...
My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-img_5840.jpg

Last edited by Tanveer_2558 : 27th April 2017 at 00:29.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 01:41   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Service Update : 40,000 kms Servicing done!

Here is the bill, Hate the fact they have again charged me for washing the car, ........ Its not about the few bucks, But thats like cheating the customer on their face.
Apart from vehicle washing charges they have charged you for wiper replacement as well. Again petty scam to inflate the bill. A 3000 rupees service charge should cover such small jobs.
Old 27th April 2017, 01:50   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Apart from vehicle washing charges they have charged you for wiper replacement as well. Again petty scam to inflate the bill. A 3000 rupees service charge should cover such small jobs.
Indeed, Even calling customer car does not help when its about being billed for something you did not ask for being over charged, Even the customer care people have the attitude of, "Its just 500 bucks" types & they just try and brush the issue off their shoulders too, But yeah okay fine end of the day i got a clean car with all the work done! I cannot keep on chasing the customer care people to get their stuff in line.

Probably the best thing to do is to give them clear instructions about all this while the car is at the service centre, Once its billed you probably cant get away with it, Unfortunately i was travelling the last 2 times when the car was at the service centre hence could not maintain proper communication which lead to these small extra charges.
Old 27th April 2017, 01:55   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Indeed, Even calling customer car does not help .....
No need to call customer care. Give poor service rating and write an email with dealer in cc and then enjoy the circus. Want more FUN, use social media.
Old 27th April 2017, 11:00   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No need to call customer care. Give poor service rating and write an email with dealer in cc and then enjoy the circus. Want more FUN, use social media.
Had done it man, I have owned an XUV 500 for about 5 years in my life now, Do you think i would have left doing anything?

Still for such small issues now i don't feel like wasting my time with them.
Old 27th July 2017, 15:21   #326
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update

Ever since i have got the bimmer, A lot of people have asked me, Do you still like to drive the XUV? A very valid question indeed! Yes i do take the bimmer whenever i can, But since monsoon, Mumbai roads are more like offroading trails now, Very Very few roads are in good condition (Atleast on the ones i have to travel frequently) Which is now making me take the XUV most of the times these days & i still like to drive it, Its such a beater car, My heart doesn't stop beating if i go through a surprise pothole, I know the XUV can take it well, Also during the past couple of months i have realised how easy it is to drive the XUV, Take it anywhere, Regardless of the road condition, I don't have to worry ever about taking her out, It properly fills in as a beater car in my garage & let's me keep the bimmer for those joy rides & planned routes where i know the roads are in fair condition.

I still love the XUV equally for those who ask me if i even care about the XUV now, I have to admit i have to love it a bit more since this is the car my family wants to travel in every time we go out! Why you ask? Space in the cabin👍

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-img_0120.jpg

My niece the trouble maker loves the sunroof!
My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-img_0132.jpg

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-img_0134.jpg

My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-img_1174.jpg

My last visit to Tamhini ghat with the XUV got a bit scary, Though exciting too, Can be seen in the video below,

Apart from the minor niggles here & there, Mechanically she is going strong, With 44k at the ODO, Ill part ways with her when she comes around 60k kms, So most probably in less than a year, Lets see to what, The hunt has already started

Even though i have no complains with her, And this is a car i would always recommend to anyone looking for an SUV, Both of my xuv's have been mechanically superb & never i had the need to try starting the car twice or have been stranded on the road! She will go only because me & my dad both get bored of our car's soon, We need something new to experience every couple of years!

Ask me whats next? Maybe Ford Endy? Maybe X3? Maybe X5 M sport! Lets see how things fall in place when the time comes..
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 16:15   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Ever since i have got the bimmer, A lot of people have asked me, Do you still like to drive the XUV? A very valid question indeed! Yes i do take the bimmer whenever i can, But since monsoon, Mumbai roads are more like offroading trails now, Very Very few roads are in good condition (Atleast on the ones i have to travel frequently) Which is now making me take the XUV most of the times these days & i still like to drive it, Its such a beater car, My heart doesn't stop beating if i go through a surprise pothole, I know the XUV can take it well, Also during the past couple of months i have realised how easy it is to drive the XUV, Take it anywhere, Regardless of the road condition, I don't have to worry ever about taking her out, It properly fills in as a beater car in my garage & let's me keep the bimmer for those joy rides & planned routes where i know the roads are in fair condition.

I still love the XUV equally for those who ask me if i even care about the XUV now, I have to admit i have to love it a bit more since this is the car my family wants to travel in every time we go out! Why you ask? Space in the cabin��

Ask me whats next? Maybe Ford Endy? Maybe X3? Maybe X5 M sport! Lets see how things fall in place when the time comes..
Would definitely like to see an endeavour there, rest of the two are too complex for the everyday and also the endeavour offers much more than its price would reflect, panoramic sunroof, 3.2 litre engine and that terrain response being some of the niceties.
Plus plus, it looks absolutely menacing in black and offers a whole host of customisation options with snorkels, bigger and fatter tyres, remap options taking the torque up to 555nm and that brute honeycomb FORD grille.
And wouldn't you just love to have two Blacks in that garage?
Attaching a droolworthy picture for your reference
Attached Thumbnails
My Sunset Orange Mahindra XUV500 AWD W10. EDIT : 40000 km service update-1501152337256.jpg  

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 28th July 2017 at 00:54. Reason: Please dont quote a full long post
dhruvritzed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 15:40   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Would definitely like to see an endeavour there, rest of the two are too complex for the everyday and also the endeavour offers much more than its price would reflect, panoramic sunroof, 3.2 litre engine and that terrain response being some of the niceties.
Plus plus, it looks absolutely menacing in black and offers a whole host of customisation options with snorkels, bigger and fatter tyres, remap options taking the torque up to 555nm and that brute honeycomb FORD grille.
And wouldn't you just love to have two Blacks in that garage?
Attaching a droolworthy picture for your reference
Totally my thinking too, Endeavour hits the sweet spot between the pricing & ability to take it anywhere without thinking even once, I totally love the black color, Saw a black one the other day with black tints all round, Man it was sick! And yes good amount of mods too that can be done, Lets see, Ill have to take my dad for a spin in the 3.2 Version!
Old 2nd August 2017, 16:41   #329
BHPian

Absolutely agree on that, plus the X3 and X5 are too complex for the kind of roads you'll throw at them.
And the endeavour has everything you need and more, takes abuse well too along with brilliant off road ability, you can explore a lot more of the MH countryside.
dhruvritzed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 20:19   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Apart from vehicle washing charges they have charged you for wiper replacement as well.
I was told by the service center here in Trivandrum that the wiper blades don't fall under the warranty and is deemed a 'wear-and-tear' item. Is this true?

Most Viewed