Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2009, 11:02   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Drove down to Pondy couple of weeks back . The car performed excellent as usual. The only issue was stereo is still not working so had to use Wifey's nokia for music But that wasnt too bad.
Managed to touch 155kmph yes, on a slope but was awesome as I touched this speed for the first time. Backed off after a couple of seconds and maintained a self imposed limit of 120kmph.

While coming back left Pondy at 12:30pm and was home at 6:00 pm on the dot. No stops anywhere.
Avg for the trip: 15 kmpl .. I am loving it

I think you speaker wires are shorting somewhere, don't keep the HU switched on in this condition or you will damage it. get it tested or test it the DIY way hehe
Old 27th March 2009, 11:03   #62
Senior - BHPian

That's the spirit sammyboy !!

Do remember to oil up the screws remaining tyres as well and do the exercise once a while so you wont be dancing over screws on a midway to a vacation !!
Old 27th March 2009, 20:18   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Man, that's an experience!! When the tyre is stuck like that, instead of hitting it blindly, hit the top part of the tyre, then the bottoom. Do this repeatedly a few times and it will certainly come out. In less than 90 mins for sure!
Thanks Nikhil, Thats exactly what I did. Still managed to take such a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
I think you speaker wires are shorting somewhere, don't keep the HU switched on in this condition or you will damage it. get it tested or test it the DIY way hehe
Yeah Rahul, been driving without the HU since then . Just not being able to get a day free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
That's the spirit sammyboy !!

Do remember to oil up the screws remaining tyres as well and do the exercise once a while so you wont be dancing over screws on a midway to a vacation !!
Yeah Ash will do that for sure.

Last edited by sammyboy : 27th March 2009 at 20:20.
Old 28th March 2009, 08:35   #64
Team-BHP Support

Samarth, keep a can of WD40 handy somewhere in the car. You can use it to lubricate the nuts when they act up.
Old 28th March 2009, 17:20   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Samarth, keep a can of WD40 handy somewhere in the car. You can use it to lubricate the nuts when they act up.
Bingo. has been on my mind since the day I had the experience. Will get one asap.
Old 19th May 2009, 16:34   #66
Senior - BHPian

Ok so I had to go to Wonderla for a team outing, and there is no music in the car Still.
Kicking myself for being so lazy, I took the HU out of the glove compartment (where it had been hibernating for the last few months) and fitted it back.
BINGO, it works hee hee, I never knew Microsoft wrote the code for Pioneer HU's too.
Whew that saved an unnecessary trip to the installer.

The rest of the Car has been doing well too. The Odo shows close to 40K and its almost time for an oil change, hopefully Synthetic this time.

The rest of the few thousand kms have been un eventful.
Since I bought the car,in June 2005 I have spent an average of 2.5K on each servicing
had one minor accident where I ended up paying 3k (I think) from my pocket and the rest was taken care of by insurance.
1 10 Amp fuse changed.
Changed a tube for the Bridgestones Rs 450.
Changed the battery - 6K
Wiper blades changed twice.
Thats it, I think 20K would be the total amount I have had to spend on the car in the last 4 years plus fuel.
I have only had to visit the service stations for servicing and the one accident I had.

Now thats what I call total peace of mind ownership.
I love this car

Last edited by sammyboy : 19th May 2009 at 16:40.
Old 15th June 2009, 18:10   #67
Senior - BHPian

Friday night, its raining cats and dogs and the wipers just stop working. They move aboit half an inch in the standard horizontal position and thats it. I slowly drive all the way from Whitefield to my house (12.5 kms) slowly, with blinkers on, complete concentration. Manage to reach safe and sound in about 45 mins Whew.../

I think its the blades as the motor seems to work fine (I can see the arms connected to the wiper move as I turn the wiper on but the wiper itself does not work.

Saturday go and check a couple of shops for wiper blades, no go. No one seems to have them.

Sunday, my relatives want to check out the Zoo so on my way we stop at Lahtangi.
I see prospective customers sitting inside and the place open. Go inside and I get a warm smile. So far so good. I tell them that I want the wipers checked as they are not functioning. Sorry Saar, sunday , store closed. I say what are you guys doing here then, isnt a Ford supposed to break down on a Sunday? What do I do if i get stuck in the rain again, get a sheepish smile and I just walk off from there.

Monday, decide I have to get this done. Call Benny if he knows of any place nearby Indiranagar. He tells me about this place in Brookfields near Cosmos mall. Bfore I go there decide to check another place out (the car accessory shop near the hometown in Marthalli.) This guy guides me to a place which sells Bosch blades.

This place is awesome, small shop but lots of spares for quite a few vehicles. Very evident from the brisk business he was doing.
Location : While coming from the Airport road to Marthalli, take the left from the marthalli bridge. On the left where the where the road joins the ring road there is a Federal Bank ATM. Just next to the ATM there is a narrow road. Take a left and go into the road and you will see that shop.
I ask him for blades and he pulls out a pack of Bosch 19's for the Ikon. I casually tell him the issue and he (one of the guys in the shop)decides to come and check it out. He checks the blade and tells me that the blades are good , there seems to be some issue with the motor. He asks me whether I really wanna change the blades and I say yes. He changes them and we try to use the Wiper. No go.
He then packs the old blades and gives them back saying that they are in ok condition and can be used again so I should keep it. Very very helpful and genuine chaps I tell you.

Ok so I have new blades and a non working wiper now. Decide to call the Ford Metro helpline.
Me: Hello, I have an issue, the wiper is not working.

He: Open the black cover at the end of the wiper blade (where the arm joins the base) tighten the nut and it will work" Click .

I reach home, get the toolkit out, tighten the aforementioned nuts and presto, it works.

Alls well that ends well.
Old 16th June 2009, 10:18   #68
Senior - BHPian

I run around with a spanner in the door pocket for the same reason.
Old 16th June 2009, 14:03   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
I run around with a spanner in the door pocket for the same reason.
Yeah, makes sense. I have done the same now
Old 16th June 2009, 22:33   #70
Team-BHP Support

All's well that ends well, Sammy.
Staying so close, and yet i didnt know that place you mentioned existed. Will have to check it out sometime.
Old 17th June 2009, 18:35   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
All's well that ends well, Sammy.
Staying so close, and yet i didnt know that place you mentioned existed. Will have to check it out sometime.
Yeah Ben, u gotta check that place out man. Seemed pretty decent.
Old 18th June 2009, 05:22   #72
Senior - BHPian

@sammyboy, jaggu and benny.

can you adjust the height of the seatbelts at the point where it is connected to the B pillar? i can see a slot there, and i think it can move up and down (like in the sx4 for example).
Old 18th June 2009, 10:42   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
@sammyboy, jaggu and benny.

can you adjust the height of the seatbelts at the point where it is connected to the B pillar? i can see a slot there, and i think it can move up and down (like in the sx4 for example).
hmm well to be frank, i have no clue. But good point, I will also check if such a thing is possible (though I have my doubts).Maybe some of the other guys know.
Old 30th October 2009, 16:39   #74
BHPian

I am a prowd owner of Ford Ikon Flair, Jun 2006. I drive mostly in Chandigarh and at time some trips to Shimla.

I got my first Puncture last month, and yes it took mee too over an hour to replace the tyre. Yes the weelhow take 10 mins.. although the mechanic takes it out in a sec.

The Jack is not very user friendly. To rotate its a pain. I also had wheel alignment issue last month, which ate up the front tyres in a week. Saluja ford folks checked it free of charge . I really like their service

I had to go for 2 new tyres - Went to Michellin XM1+ energy after scanning Team bhp.

Regarding FE; I am regularly getting 14 only with 25% AC usage. I have tried many things to try to push it to 15... Any help here

Overall, I feel very nice when I ride
Old 2nd November 2009, 17:27   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh.sml View Post
I am a prowd owner of Ford Ikon Flair, Jun 2006. I drive mostly in Chandigarh and at time some trips to Shimla.

I got my first Puncture last month, and yes it took mee too over an hour to replace the tyre. Yes the weelhow take 10 mins.. although the mechanic takes it out in a sec.

The Jack is not very user friendly. To rotate its a pain. I also had wheel alignment issue last month, which ate up the front tyres in a week. Saluja ford folks checked it free of charge . I really like their service

I had to go for 2 new tyres - Went to Michellin XM1+ energy after scanning Team bhp.

Regarding FE; I am regularly getting 14 only with 25% AC usage. I have tried many things to try to push it to 15... Any help here

Overall, I feel very nice when I ride
Hey Rajesh, good to hear that your Ikon has been treating you well and that you have had a good experience with the Service as well.

I think the average you are getting is pretty decent. Driving on mountain roads would take their toll on the average for sure.
To take the best mileage out of the Ikon, keep the tyre pressure optimum and shift your gear around 2K RPM. Thats the ideal rpm to get the best mileage.
In 5th gear, it would do about 80kmph at 2k RPM.

What color is your car and how many kms have you covered? How about some pics bro? Do mention your experience with the Michelins. I am still on the stock ZVTS at 43K kms.

Last edited by sammyboy : 2nd November 2009 at 17:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks