Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2010, 14:21   #91
Team-BHP Support

Samarth, what were the charges which Kotak had levied upon you?

Although i had read about horror stories with Kotak on the forum, my car loan with them was a rather peaceful affair. About a month before the last EMI was to be deducted, i wrote in to them, asking about the formalities for the NOC for hypothecation removal. It came promptly, and was valid for 60 days, IIRC.

Without much delay, i got the hypothecation removed as well. You should also get it done.. however, in your case, you might need to visit your respective RTO as yours is a HR registration. My experiences regarding the above process have been documented in my ownership thread.
Old 21st April 2010, 14:58   #92
Senior - BHPian

Hey Ben, I havent had too many issues with the car loan either but its just that the same issue keeps coming up again and again. I had mentioned this issue before as well here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ndra-help.html

I got the statement and there are charges on there for same issue. The statement also says that the check has been lost in transit, and as the money has already been debited from my account I am not at fault and hence should not have to pay any charges. I have explained this to them and they said that they will have them removed. Just that I have been hearing this for a long time now so wont believe it until i see it on the revised statement.

Other than this its been pretty smooth sailing with the loan, but have had enough issues with the bank otherwise not to go in for anything related to them ever again.

Regarding the hypothecation, well its gonna be tough until I go back so it will have to wait.

Oh and to celebrate the end of loan period I just got my team bhp stickers WIll put them on and upload the pics in a day or two.
Old 24th April 2010, 08:58   #93
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Regarding the hypothecation, well its gonna be tough until I go back so it will have to wait.
Do not forget that the NOC carries with it a limited life span. Once the copy you have gets expired, it'll be a chore getting a duplicate issued. Finish it off at the first attempt itself. The car neednt be there in metal for the hypothecation to be canceled. although the original RC, valid PUC as well as insurance certificate are mandatory.
Old 25th April 2010, 16:18   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Do not forget that the NOC carries with it a limited life span. Once the copy you have gets expired, it'll be a chore getting a duplicate issued. Finish it off at the first attempt itself. The car neednt be there in metal for the hypothecation to be canceled. although the original RC, valid PUC as well as insurance certificate are mandatory.
Thanks Ben, did not know about the 3 month expiration.Guess I will have to get it done asap.
Old 27th May 2011, 00:09   #95
Senior - BHPian

re: Ford Ikon Flair -Ownership report EDIT: Now Retired @70K kms

Its been a veerrryyyy long time since i have updated this thread. Havent really done too many kms and the car is at 56.xxx kms now.

The radiator was leaking and I decided to get it sorted out. Got to know that the heater pipe was leaking and needed to be changed. Went to Sejal Motors and they did a quick fix by bypassing the heater and getting the coolant flowing directly. Jugaad as we say, and it was good for a while.
After a while, the car suddenly started giving me issues. Not Sejal's fault, by the way.
The ignition coil has issues and the car was jerking while accelerating. I decided to have it changed and also have the heater also sorted out.Though i didnt really need to use it in Bangalore, I couldnt live with it not working. It cost me about 4-5K to get this done. The car was back to normal after that.

Did a trip to Mysore/Ooty and the car performed flawlessly.
After that I planned a drive to Goa with some friends. Just before that I started facing some issues with the diverter valve, hot air from the AC being the major irritant. I visited the Metro ford at lingarajapuram to get the car serviced and they took care of that. As the AC piping was changed before that, they changed it under warranty. After that I decided to get tints, the JBL GTX 555 and Osram night breakers installed in the car before the trip. Got this done at the Sachin's Koramangala and they did a great job.

The drive to Goa was fabulous, the car performed flawlessly and twisties were the best part of the drive. I took the longer Ankola route and reached Goa in 9.5 hours with breaks, one way was about 670kms or so. Had fun with a Jetta on the route, both cars had 4 passengers and the Jetta guy tried to rip too hard for his skill, ended up with sliding off the road . The Ikon was in its elements and the handling was brilliant, it was awesome seeing him disappear in my RVM. :-P . He gave up after about 20 kms of eating dust.

I will be completing almost 6 years with the Ikon this year and I dont think I could have made a better choice. The only issues I have now are that the windshield wiper motor has given up and so has the reverse light. Need to get them changed.

Yes, the petrol price of 71kmpl have been killing me and the bangalore traffic ensures that I dont get an average of over 11kmpl with 100% AC but each time I get into the car brings a smile on my face still, and I love it.

Last edited by sammyboy : 27th May 2011 at 00:22.
Old 27th May 2011, 01:34   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
.....The ignition coil has issues and the car was jerking while accelerating....

.... I started facing some issues with the diverter valve ....
I've lost count on how many times I've heard this from IKON owners. Why doesn't Ford do something about it. Well, now whats the point with the IKON phased out. However, 10 years with a faulty ignition coil and diverter valve design was too much.

Neverthless, they all sport a wide grin after a drive up the twisties.
Old 27th May 2011, 01:42   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
I've lost count on how many times I've heard this from IKON owners. Why doesn't Ford do something about it. Well, now whats the point with the IKON phased out. However, 10 years with a faulty ignition coil and diverter valve design was too much.

lol, yeah man I agree with you completely. I was so happy that I didnt face these issues for the first 5 years of my ownership, but they did catch up after that. Nonetheless, most cars have their quirks and this one is a small one to live with.
Old 27th May 2011, 08:26   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Import the divertor valve ?

Sammy, where have you been ? I almost thought you had sold the Ikon ..
Quote:
sammyboy .. I started facing some issues with the diverter valve, hot air from the AC being the major irritant.
Actually, I wonder if we can import this part from UK or somewhere. Will need the part number to explore this option.

Quote:
dhanushs : I've lost count on how many times I've heard this from IKON owners.

What to do, Dhanush .. this one car's like the wife. She has her quirks, but end of the day, feels so right !!

Old 27th May 2011, 10:24   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its been a veerrryyyy long time since i have updated this thread.
It's been very very long!!! Even after you told me that you'll update, it' still been a month long!!

Quote:
The ignition coil has issues and the car was jerking while accelerating... It cost me about 4-5K to get this done.
This 5k includes both the divertor valve and ignition coil, isn't it?
Mangeable still.
Quote:
I took the longer Ankola route ..The Ikon was in its elements and the handling was brilliant, it was awesome seeing him disappear in my RVM.
Longer route to enjoy the twisties? hehe!! Can't agree more, but yes it's such a pleasure to push this car on the ghats road. I love cornering on the ghats when driving up, I try and keep the turning radius to be minimum, just downshift to 2nd gear, a gentle throttle push and a quick steering turn and people behind just keep watching how I managed that steep climb. What pleasure!!

Quote:
I will be completing almost 6 years with the Ikon this year.. The only issues I have now are that the windshield wiper motor has given up and so has the reverse light. Need to get them changed.
Quote:
I was so happy that I didnt face these issues for the first 5 years of my ownership, but they did catch up after that.
Am glad, these problems are coming only after 5years of wonderful ownership. As you said, we can live with it. I have also been lucky so far, 2.5 years almost and no issues, while I keep reading other horror stories on this forum. But, then I will keep myself prepared for the uncertainties.

Quote:
Add me to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Actually, I wonder if we can import this part from UK or somewhere. Will need the part number to explore this option.
Condor, will it be same for the diesel and petrol models? how cheap or costly will it be?

Quote:
What to do, Dhanush .. this one car's like the wife. She has her quirks, but end of the day, feels so right !!
hehe!! you couldn't have said it better.
Old 27th May 2011, 10:39   #100
BHPian

Although I'm a newbie to the Ikon ownership, the car has been through five years of usage. But still the car performs flawlessly. I too had taken her to Ooty, adn my co-passengers were amazed at how easily she took on the curves, even while going up the steep path, with some 30+ hairpin bends

I just love the engine grunt, and the perfectly weighted steering. I was simply amazed when I managed to hit 170 kmph, with 3 occupants, and the rear occupant didn't even realize we were at such high speeds!!!

The inly thing I was worried about at that time was the tyres giving up, so need to get those Yokohama A drives asap

Faced a slight problem with the AC diverter valve, but turned out to be a worn out AC diverter valve coil. Got that replaced for Rs700 and also got the AC gas recharged

Thank you all for your valuable inputs
Old 27th May 2011, 13:32   #101
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
lol, yeah man I agree with you completely. I was so happy that I didnt face these issues for the first 5 years of my ownership, but they did catch up after that. Nonetheless, most cars have their quirks and this one is a small one to live with.
Good to see you back here, Samarth!

I managed to run into the common Ikon issues near the 4 years mark, i think. By then, i was clocking kms much more frequently than earlier.

I am now beginning to wonder if the 2 times the ignition coil gave up on my car were owing to water. The first time the ignition coil gave up was after a water wash of the engine bay at Carnation. The second time this happened was after i went water-bashing at the Kannur drive-in beach.
Old 27th May 2011, 13:40   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
I just love the engine grunt, and the perfectly weighted steering. I was simply amazed when I managed to hit 170 kmph, with 3 occupants, and the rear occupant didn't even realize we were at such high speeds!!!
Hey, sharu, 170kmph on a 1.3 Flair or do you have a 1.6 petrol?
Max I have managed to take my Flair is till 160kmph on the odo. GPS showed 155kmph, though I know it can go further, but still 170kmph with 3 onboard is good if it's a 1.3 flair.
Old 27th May 2011, 13:44   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Unlike BMW, Skoda parts, I doubt if we can match the price + shipping to the price its sold here. Part number is easy to source. I may be able to do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
This 5k includes both the divertor valve and ignition coil, isn't it?
Mangeable still.
Unless Ford has reduced its parts prices, I think this is for ignition coil. It alone costs ~4.5k. and IIRC the diverter valve ~3k. And then the labor.

Quote:
But, then I will keep myself prepared for the uncertainties.
I have done ~1.1 lac kms in my '07 IKON. Till now, no major issues at all. Apart from the regular suspension overhaul, diverter valve, ignition coil, the only extras I have done are the power window switches and AC Evaporator coil. So, don't worry!. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
... I was simply amazed when I managed to hit 170 kmph, with 3 occupants...
Bannrghatta Road - Mysore Road section, right?.

Quote:
Quote:
Add me to the list.
Old 27th May 2011, 14:28   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

get the part numbers, pls

Quote:
Part number is easy to source. I may be able to do that.
Dhanush, pls try & get the part numbers of the divertor valve & ignition coil. Let's give it a shot.
Old 27th May 2011, 14:39   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: get the part numbers, pls

Quote:
Dhanush, pls try & get the part numbers of the divertor valve & ignition coil. Let's give it a shot.
Part number of Ignition Coil is 1459278.

I'll have to call up my friend at A.S.S to get the part number for Diverter Valve. Will update here.

EDIT: Part number for divertor valve is: 1580245

EDIT2: Condor, IMO, the diverter valve is the same for both petrol and diesel models.

Last edited by dhanushs : 27th May 2011 at 14:48. Reason: Adding info
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks