Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2013, 20:41   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford Ikon Flair -Ownership report EDIT: Now Retired @70K kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Hey Ben, long time bro. Yeah, the Ikon is wayy to special to let go.
How true.. It is indeed special.

Well, as for me, I admit that I did indeed feel the need for a change, and put it up for sale 2 times, and both of the times, I somehow couldn't entertain buyers. The car has been test driven only once!

I still love the way it sounds, goes up through the ghats. If at all mine was a 1.6, I wouldn't have even thought of going for a swap.
Old 8th May 2013, 23:46   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
How true.. It is indeed special.

Well, as for me, I admit that I did indeed feel the need for a change, and put it up for sale 2 times, and both of the times, I somehow couldn't entertain buyers. The car has been test driven only once!

I still love the way it sounds, goes up through the ghats. If at all mine was a 1.6, I wouldn't have even thought of going for a swap.
Completely agree, for me it was one of the most fun car one could buy on a budget at that time. The growl of the rocam engine is so so addictive that I could hardly manage double digit average. And I don't have to say anything about the handling.
Old 9th May 2013, 01:12   #123
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Ikon Flair -Ownership report EDIT: Now Retired @70K kms

Sammyboy,

I agree and I used to drive a 1.6Zxi which I had to see after 7+years of ownership almost 6 years back. I still miss it as Ikon is a 'drivers' car, it was a pleasure to take that car on the highway and with its frog like road grip the car would breeze!! The steering used to be like a laser pointer and the engine noise was pure bliss(of ROCAM).

Your thread raised some nostaligia there....Happy motoring!
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks