Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2015, 12:16   #61
BHPian

re: Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
I will add pictures when I am back with my Orange Cheetah.
The cost of Unit online is - Rs. 16,490 but with installation etc, M&M can charge another Rs. 1000!
Product looks good, i am also planning to get these installed.
Have you brought them Online or from M&M accessories?
where did you get them installed? Which service center in bangalore?
Old 7th August 2015, 13:14   #62

re: Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km

Hi Just booked my w10 AWD sunset Cheetah. However having nagging doubts about many reported niggled that earlier XUV had.

Has anyone reported any major mechanical issues in the new facelift XUV- braking issues (turning right-side on braking) or any other major mechanical failure which remain unattended?

Will appreciate your feedback.

thanks
DS
Old 8th August 2015, 00:29   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
Product looks good, i am also planning to get these installed.
Have you brought them Online or from M&M accessories?
where did you get them installed? Which service center in bangalore?
Redirecting you to earlier post -

Quote:
I bought the MMI headrests at Sireesh only. I had told about that at the time of booking. You can contact their accessory sales department and they can definitely help you. Costed me Rs. 17500 all inclusive.
Yes, it was bought and installed at M&M Sireesh at the time of delivery itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shardil View Post
Hi Just booked my w10 AWD sunset Cheetah. However having nagging doubts about many reported niggled that earlier XUV had.

Has anyone reported any major mechanical issues in the new facelift XUV- braking issues (turning right-side on braking) or any other major mechanical failure which remain unattended?
Congratulations @shardil. You asked the same question on Tanveer's ownership thread and the answer here remains same as well None of the niggles faced so far are deal breaker. I haven't seen any issues - I mean literally any issues (except chrome line) with my Cheetah yet. But if your heart is not set on Cheetah and Brain isn't convinced, don't go for it. When you have unsolved doubts in your mind, your experience may not be as good as you expect.

Braking is amazing on XUV5OO. I driven many american and european, Japanese cars before as well as owned few. Cheetah has comparable braking experience if not best. I have been able to bring this behemoth to standstill from reasonable speeds without fearing or freaking even once. I have so much confidence on it's brakes and acceleration capability that I feel confident of driving in Ooty ghats, NH4 highway.
Old 8th August 2015, 01:29   #64

@ Hi Abirnale. Many thanks for your feedback on latest xuv. I am diehard fan of Scorpio as i own it for 10 yrs.. Ask me where i have not driven it to! In the himalayan region (leh spiti circuit pending) So for me my 1st choice remained to replace Scorpio with the lastest topend Scorpio. However my family wanted me to upgrade to Xuv.

So you can appreciate my predicament given the past record of xuv owners and kind issued they had to face.

But your message is extremely reassuring. I have any ways booked it and will stay with it.

Thanks a milion for taking out time to reply to my querry.

Regards
shardil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 02:38   #65
BHPian

Many many congratulations abirnale on bringing your cheetah home. I was always thought the XUV looks best in white but after seeing your pictures, I have to say the orange looks smashing as well! Glad to hear that you haven't reported any niggles (except the chrome lining) so far, it's very encouraging for prospective XUV buyers like me given the history of niggles with the XUV. Wishing you many happy miles with your cheetah, will be glued to your thread for sure! Cheers mate.
abhii176 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 10:47   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^ Thanks @abhi176.

After two full weeks of rest, cheetah stretched its legs yesterday on Bangalore traffic jam ridden roads. Parked in garage, without cover the situation was bad. A lot of dust had gathered with some water sprinkles too. God knows how and where it came from!

But a light dust off using Jopasu duster did the trick. The car is clean and shiny like before. Single pic shows the left side as dusted, right was the condition during rest.

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-dustclean.jpg

After soaking in rain for the night, morning was even more cleaner. This new set of lint free towels were super helpful.

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-towels.jpg

Meanwhile, the silver chrome lines i mentioned in earlier posts have come off again I think I will not try to refit them. Instead take them off soon and cover the pillar with proper black sticker.

And now is the time for routine run of home-office until this friday when cheetah goes for 1000+ Kms run on two-nighter TBHP Meet in Kerala!

For records, the current ODO reading is 2599 Kms.
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 09:20   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Few weeks ago, a tbhpian friend of mine brought this to my notice - http://www.blaupunkt.com/en/nc/produ.../single/11033/

SnapDeal is selling this at almost half price - http://www.snapdeal.com/product/blau...g/656059560877

Looking at the specifications and the sample videos - I thought of procuring it.

So here it goes -

The box -
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-dashcambox1.jpg
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-dashcambox2.jpg

The cam after unpacking box -
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-dashcam1.jpg
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-dashcam2.jpg

And this is how it is fitted behind IRVM -
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-dashcamfitted1.jpg
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-dashcamfitted2.jpg

Currently the cam is connected with smaller power cable - with CIG lighter source from dashboard console. I plan to tap the extra CIG lighter from behind soon and conceal the wire properly. This is planned for when I take car for first service.

The video quality isn't too great but does perfect to capture some evidences, sticker spotting and some twisty drives if at all! A good value for money in my opinion.

Quote:
Dashcam Specs -
HD Camera, HD Video Recording
G-Sensor: Built-In
Display: 2,0” TFT Screen
Lens Type: 120 degree ultra wide viewing angle
1 LUX minimum illumination
1080P / 720P / 480P video resolution
AVI@MJPG video format
Frames 25fps under 1080P, 30fps under 720P / 1480P
Image resolution 12M / 10M / 8M / 5M / 3M / 2MHD / VGA / 1.3 M
Image format JPG
Motion detection support
Loop recording off / 30s / 1min / 2 min
Memory Card (not included): max. 32 GB
USB 2.0 output
USB 5V 1000mA power port
50Hz / 60Hz power frequency
300 mAH battery capacitiy
Built-in microphone
Built-in speaker
Weight 50g (DVR)
Size (LxWxH) 63x30x58 mm
Accessories in Box: Car Charger, USB Cable, Bracket, Manual
abirnale is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 10:46   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

^ Exactly what I was looking for. A not so expensive cam just to capture videos for security purpose.

Thanks for the same. Will try to place the order right away.
Old 19th August 2015, 11:17   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Surprisingly Blaupunkt didn't market this almost a year back when it was launched. A friend saw this online on NDTV Gadgets where there was no mention about where to buy except that the price was 4000 INR.

Exactly then we had picked up the Transcend DP 200 for almost 9000 INR.

Must say that Blaupunkt is the most VFM Dashcam for what it offers.
Old 20th August 2015, 11:32   #70
BHPian

Quote:

Currently the cam is connected with smaller power cable - with CIG lighter source from dashboard console. I plan to tap the extra CIG lighter from behind soon and conceal the wire properly. This is planned for when I take car for first service.
Can you please explain this ? The one cig lighter that I have on my dash is used for my phone while gps navigation is on. Hence no space for the dash cam which I really want to install.
Old 20th August 2015, 12:01   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Can you please explain this ? The one cig lighter that I have on my dash is used for my phone while gps navigation is on. Hence no space for the dash cam which I really want to install.
I use an iPhone. I connect it to the Infotainment system with USB-IN so it can draw the power from there. I disconnect the iPod mode from Phone settings on navigation unit by disabling the button "connect phone for music". So phone problem is solved. My phone can keep charging all the time in car

What is left now is the cig charger socket beside the start/ stop button on the waterfall console! I use that to power up the cam through an USB cig adapter.

Now the only problem is - when my spouse is accompanying me, she would be seated in front passenger seat. She needs another power source for her phone. And that is why I have only two options - use the two-usb adapter cig light charger or tap a new CIG lighter from the battery/ fusebox/ behind the existing cig lighter. I am yet to do any of these but when I do, it won't be without blessings from Sireesh technicians.

Hope this helps.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 19:52   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Now the only problem is - when my spouse is accompanying me, she would be seated in front passenger seat. She needs another power source for her phone. And that is why I have only two options - use the two-usb adapter cig light charger or tap a new CIG lighter from the battery/ fusebox/ behind the existing cig lighter. I am yet to do any of these but when I do, it won't be without blessings from Sireesh technicians.

Hope this helps.
I think the 2 USB Cig lighter adapter should solve the issue without having to rig another adapter. I did this with Zoom car XUVs, connected their tablet to one port and my phone to other port in the USB adapter and it worked with out a hitch.
vaspro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 13:57   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaspro View Post
I think the 2 USB Cig lighter adapter should solve the issue without having to rig another adapter.
It does. But for dash-cam still the cable will be hanging in. An eyesore. If concealed properly and connected to right power sources, it would look good too. For iPhones not all the Chi charges work. They have some crappy MPI ratings and AMPS requirements I think that makes it difficult to find right cig charger!

Over the weekend, been to Kerala with other Bhpians on two day overnighter. Here are couple of images captured using the iPhone -

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-img_3306.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-img_3319.jpg

I am loving this car even more based on how it behaved on the highways and those kerala roads with no lanes

I found that the humps on the side of the bonnet helps drive greatly to judge the car on narrow roads! Many said it looks not as good as old XUV but to me from inside the car, this has helped a lot to judge the size of cars and in tight manoeuvres.

The rev happy engine is super responsive. Moving through the traffic as well as cruising on the highway is effortless. On the steep inclines car behaves in a powerful manner. You wouldn't struggle to make it leap forward with a gentle push of A pedal.

On the entire drive, I used AC all the time. The FE was between 11, 12 and 13.
  • FE was 11 for all local sight seeing when the car was full and had all narrow roads - 2/3/4 gears, speeds less than 40Kmph.
  • FE was 12 when cruised on highways with speeds ranging between 90-110kmph.
  • FE was 13 when used with intermittent AC, speeds between 60-70.
As on this moment the ODO stands at 3600 Kms. A big clean and wash session is due this week.

And then we are awaiting first service landmark
abirnale is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 19:28   #74
Senior - BHPian

abirnale, Thanks for the jungle pictures of the cheetah! Do you have any more? Would love to see them. Also what exact price did you get the dashcam for? (If you don't mind) The price currently shows 4690 Inr, I am too keen on buying it. Looks really neatly installed as well.
Old 25th August 2015, 10:29   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
abirnale, Thanks for the jungle pictures of the cheetah! Do you have any more? Would love to see them. Also what exact price did you get the dashcam for?
Hey Tanveer, I did not carry my DSLR this time on the trip. All pictures are from iPhone. I am waiting on few more folks to share the pictures of car they took. As soon as I get them, I will post it here.

The dash cam was initially up for 1900Rs. Sunnyboi informed me and by the time I bought it was 2590Rs. The price now is jacked up again. This does not seem to be value for money anymore. Unless this is less than 2500, buying it does not make sense. I am sure the price will come down as they realise the sale has dropped. Just keep na eye on snapdeal listing - you may get it for lower. Else SJ4000 is my all time favourite based on reviews and feedback. Its another thing that I don't own it yet

Looks like I have not contributed to the niggle thread in terms my Chetah's niggles so here are two -
  • The Side chrome has come off again. I have now removed it completely. The exposed paint need black film to be pasted on it.
  • The navigation was set to have British Women voice (by me) but I noticed at one instance that got changed to british - Ryan! Funny!

Of course nothing alarming!

Unable to get time out of busy schedule to get the car for a thorough body wash and vacuum session

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks