Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2015, 21:07   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km

More I spend time with my Orange Cheetah, it grows more on me! With all the time in the world that I had over weekend in Kerala trip I missed tons of opportunities to shoot high-res pictures since i missed my DSLR at home

But then thanks to all friends and bhpians (Dr.AD, FORTIfied, Sumzup) on the trip who took these photos and shared with me. Pictures below from them as well as my iPhone - not in particular order though.

The eyes -
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-img_3391.jpg

Parked with Sathy's old gen XUV5OO
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-img_3266.jpg

Parked in the woods -
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-img_3269.jpg
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-img_3385.jpg
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-img_3386.jpg

Peaking out of hiding -
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-fullsizerender.jpg

On the trip leading the wolf pack -
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-img_3380.jpg
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-img_3383.jpg

And this is truly yours -
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-img_3392.jpg

Ciao, until next update.
abirnale is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 12:07   #77
Senior - BHPian

re: Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km

After all the luck and dirt on the body over past two months, I had take the car for full foam wash and interior vacuum today. I wanted for few days if my neighbourhood car wash would be open either on my way to work or return. But unfortunately that did not happen.

So finally I took the XUV today to 3M centre in JP Nagar Phase 2. Reached as early as 9.15 to ensure I come out early. Even after being first on the queue, it took almost two hours to get car cleaned/ dried.

But anyway for a Rs. 560 payment, they did a good job of washing/ cleaning and drying the car. It feels good to see the car shine -

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-img_3401.jpg
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-img_3402.jpg

Of course with Bangalore weather and rains pouring/ drizzling every evening, this will not last long :(

From the recent highway drives, noticed the small dirt getting on the side panels and front bumper has very minor marks. Hard to notice but with more and more drives, this can get ugly. Contemplating the 3M transparent wrap but that means another 20K or so to be kept aside for that!
abirnale is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 17:40   #78
BHPian

OMG how did i miss this thread. I realised I used to read it before I became a member and hence have not been getting CP updates. Anyway its a fantastic thread and the love for your Orange cheetah shows. Rating it the 5 stars it deserves.
thanks for the reply on front sensors but looks like both our posts were deleted from the forum and cant find it anywhere would appreciate if you could reply on this xuv thread as regards front sensor
cheers
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 18:14   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
thanks for the reply on front sensors but looks like both our posts were deleted from the forum and cant find it anywhere would appreciate if you could reply on this xuv thread as regards front sensor
cheers
Thanks Vinit.

The posts are not deleted. There are three threads primarily on XUV5OO that you have frequented and posted questions around.

The posts you are looking at are here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3788182

Hope this helps.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 18:28   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Thanks Vinit.

The posts are not deleted. There are three threads primarily on XUV5OO that you have frequented and posted questions around.

Hope this helps.

Ok found it avinash the one deleted was the dashcam one. My bad! Thanks for the info. What I would like to know is how would you ' Push him or Pull out'. what exactly did u mean by that
Did spot a few oranges on Mumbai roads but were driving by so couldn't really judge the color. In an earlier post you mentioned Dolphin Grey color but havent seen a single facelift xuv in that color. Also read somewhere and I believe the dealer also mentioned during TD that the silver (which I really like) and red doesn't come in AWD. Is this true.
Cheers
Old 27th August 2015, 19:05   #81
Senior - BHPian

I think so, yes. RED isn't available in AWD.

About dolphin grey - I guess none likes that colour on XUV
Old 31st August 2015, 09:43   #82
Senior - BHPian

So today my cheetah shown first real alert on infotainment unit! The rear left tyre had low pressure. I did not realise it to be very low but as soon as moved the car out of parking lot for 200 mtrs, I noticed this alert -

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-fullsizerender-2.jpg
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-fullsizerender.jpg

As simple as this - I pulled over the car and topped up air using portable inflater I carry in car. Alert gone

The point to note is - when everything is alright with pressure or temperature of tyres, the display is "OK". Not sure if this is different in old gen. But when something like this - pressure low, a warning with alternating display of how much low is also shown. It helps make decision as if it's worth driving further until a competent puncture shop or you should just stop where you are and top up!

Now I am just hoping that this does not turn out to be a puncture
abirnale is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 09:01   #83
Senior - BHPian

While yesterday's air loss is not a puncture, I have discovered a known niggle I remember someone mentioning earlier - while on a long call on phone connected over bluetooth in the car, we can hear a disturbing/ annoying "chic-chic" sounds at periodic intervals! Today I was taking a conference call from the car and I noticed this happening somewhere after 15-20 minutes into the call.

The first service mark is nearing and here are the things I have built list of to be sorted out during this visit -
  • Bluetooth Connectivity Disturbance - The annoying noise over long calls
  • Sometimes my iPhone 6 does not connect calls via car even if bluetooth connection is live. A disconnect and connect works again though.
  • Side - Last Quarter Chrome Lining - Cover the C pillars with black films and get rid of any signs of chrome from that part of the side profile.
  • Navigation - Auto changing of the voice from a British chick to British male Ryan!
  • And my WYH login has never worked to book the service appointment
All of these should be fixed with infotainment software upgrade, I assume!

And as part of TODOs -
  • Hardwire the dash-cam with extra source of power from fusebox/ dash cig charger
  • Fitting stronger (thin metal) engine bottom guard
  • Brighter bulbs of the same wattage rating (no ballasts and relays)
Not sure if all of this can be done by ASC, I am hopeful about hardwiring dash-cam though.

1100 Kms to go for the first service mark. I am eagerly waiting for the weekend to close this gap by at least 500-600Kms - chance for an early service?
Old 1st September 2015, 09:55   #84
BHPian

Avinash, there is ECU update also, as noted by some people in the forum. Pls take a note of it during your first service.
Indian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 11:03   #85
adu
BHPian

Quote:
And as part of TODOs -
  • Hardwire the dash-cam with extra source of power from fusebox/ dash cig charger
Not sure if all of this can be done by ASC, I am hopeful about hardwiring dash-cam though.
Hey Avinash, let me know if the hard-wiring of the dash cam was supported by the ASC and also which ASC you go to and how much they charge. If they are able to support this, there are a lot of XUV owners, including myself who would be interested in getting this done.
adu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 12:34   #86
BHPian

Quote:

The point to note is - when everything is alright with pressure or temperature of tyres, the display is "OK". Not sure if this is different in old gen. But when something like this - pressure low, a warning with alternating display of how much low is also shown. It helps make decision as if it's worth driving further until a competent puncture shop or you should just stop where you are and top up!

Now I am just hoping that this does not turn out to be a puncture
It is same way for Old gen as well. But you can read the actual pressure and temperature values using Mahindra BlueSense APP.
I think it is available for both Android & Iphone.
PMK-MoJo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 10:02   #87
Senior - BHPian

While on the kerala trip couple of weeks ago, some great pictures were clicked by Sumanth (@sumzup). I got a forward from him that I am uploading here -

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-sumanthclick.jpg

The orange cheetah basking in jungle shade and sun in majestic company of @Sunnyboi's old world charm Palio and Sumanth's little champ Yeti! Notice the natural spot lights on XUV5OO!

The entire trip log is found here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post3785760
abirnale is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 14:22   #88

Quote:
[*]Brighter bulbs of the same wattage rating (no ballasts and relays)[/list]
Can you please let me know which bulb you have zeroed in? I too want to upgrade the lights of my XUV 500, but do not want to get into the elaborate set up of relays etc or break the law.

Also, any clue as to whether the Mahindra service center will be able to carry this out?
abhirama is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 14:50   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhirama View Post
any clue as to whether the Mahindra service center will be able to carry this out?
This is just my laundry list when I visit ASC for first service. Not done yet.
About actual alternates, I am not sure yet but looking for options.

If you buy the bulbs, anyone can fit it. I am not sure if M&M will sell any. I will know when I visit them sometime next week or so.

EDIT - for the options two names come to my mind - Philips ExtremeVision and Osram Nightbreaker series. Not sure about stock and availability etc.
Old 3rd September 2015, 11:54   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The point to note is - when everything is alright with pressure or temperature of tyres, the display is "OK". Not sure if this is different in old gen.
This is the same way its displayed in old gen XUV too. I find this a bit stupid way to implement the feature.

For checking the tyre pressure, one has to sync with mobile application. If tyre pressure was displayed in the infotainment system that would not have been required.

New generation Scorpio displays tyre pressure in infotainment system always, I was hoping an update of the software from Mahindra will give this feature in XUV too. However, seeing the new age XUV also having this implementation I doubt the same.

Regarding the puncture, do keep an eye. I had a similar issue couple of months back. I guess the program starts displaying alert around 23 PSI, since that was the same for me too. After filling air and checking next day I found the pressure to be constant, however the pressure went down again in about 4 days. Doubting a valve issue, I went to Madhus to get it checked only to find a big screw stuck in the tyre. Since the screw was stuck tight air was escaping only slowly due to which pressure reduction was slow.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed