Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2016, 09:32   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km

To understand which fuse was tapped for hardwiring dash-cam and why, below picture should help -

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-fuseselection.png

This means the behaviour of the dash-cam is exact same as if it was connected to the front 12v socket. No draining of the batteries unless vehicle is ON. One could decide tap other fuses as well provided that you have right add-on fuses added there.

I don't need constant dash-cam power anyway as I am setting up the CCTV in my apartment parking lot soon. Remember the scratches on right side doors? They are still there, I have not repaired any of them. Once I setup the CCTV, the repair can happen.
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 17:09   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km

Bumped on this post again -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneesh.MK View Post
In this snap you might be able to figure out the whitish beam.
Attachment 1432509

These are the problems with my headlight. Some kind of "growth like" stuff and a shadow. I have noticed this growth months ago, but didn't gave it much care. But the shadow is very disturbing and is much visible with the new beam. So today I went to dealership and had a check with RM. Fortunately they accept that as a manufacturing defect and agreed to replace the left headlight unit under warranty.

Attachment 1432507
Attachment 1432508
Attachment 1432510
Is there any similarity to conclude here? Anyone sees it otherwise?
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 20:27   #273
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I am planning to send an email with the pictures they are facing.
I did that already, see this - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3902772

But no response anyway! I will now start calling them during working hours!
Old 3rd February 2016, 10:01   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

Quick note -

The HID upgrade thread and issues are now carved out into a different thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...w-problem.html

Leaving this thread alone for general ownership experiences, let's resume the discussions there.

Thank you!
Old 5th February 2016, 21:01   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

While everything else had dark clouds,there was a reason to smile this morning!

A nice body wash, and sun shining on the orange cheetah is an eye candy always!
Attached Thumbnails
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-1454686247187.jpg  

Old 5th February 2016, 21:54   #276
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
A nice body wash, and sun shining on the orange cheetah is an eye candy always!
Don't worry buddy, all will be well soon. There is light after dark so don't lose hope.

She looks fabulous in this shade too.

Is it at the local washing centre you go or 3M like care centres? How much do they charge for a wash?!
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 22:06   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

A cross posting -

I now have reverted the HID kit to stock. The low and high beams carry Philips Xtremevision, 130% H7 lights posted in earlier posts. The light looks something like this -

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-highlowphilips.jpg

The money on P8 kit is wasted unless someone comes up to buy it when I post it on OLX. :(

I am now considering the external lights for additional lights.
Old 8th February 2016, 11:14   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Is it at the local washing centre you go or 3M like care centres? How much do they charge for a wash?!
It's either washed by myself or a neighbourhood Wash Center. To 3M - it only went once in it's lifetime. The charges of my weekly/ bi-weekly wash are anything between Rs. 300 to Rs. 350. The simply body wash without vacuuming can be around Rs. 250 as well at times. When they take the car on the lift and wash underbody neatly, I pay them 350 or 400Rs based on the quality of work.

I prefer more of the pressure wash at washing center than doing it myself though. When I am busy, I ask my very trusted office driver to take it out for wash. There is no-one else drives my car otherwise!

On the week of 20/21 Feb, a trip to Muzzapilangad Beach is being cooked up! Let's hope it happens so that Cheetah will stretch it's leg on the salty water too. And get even more detailed wash upon return!
Old 17th February 2016, 12:51   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

I finally seems to have found the sweet settings of the tyre pressure today!

Few facts -
- I always fill N2 and a large tyre shop near to home.
- All pressure checks happen first thing in the morning.

I have never got to keep the exact 32 psi on the tyres ever! I know that many filling machines have slight offset values in the way we expect and they measure on their gauge! So a filling of 32PSI may be off by +/-1 or 2 points.

I had kept trying fillings from 30 onwards upto 34! But never able to find if that was good enough. Recently I changed my phone to an Android and installed BlueSense on it. While filling in the air today morning, I monitored in real time the PSI changes. This is when i figured out that 35 on N2 filling machine is actually 32.2 on BlueSense app! So XUV thinks 35 is what it needs to say optimum 32! And not to mention that whenever I told these folks to fill more than 32, they will give me gyaan of why it is not good so never thought of 35!!!

Like many people reported earlier, 32/33 is the right pressure to avoid some of the bumps you get otherwise. After today's refill I did notice some improvements on rough roads. So It is safe to assume that going forward I can tell this tyre shop N2 machine operator - Guru, 35 setting maadi, Jaasti prashna beda. Meaning - just fill 35 and no questions to be asked!

In intend to try 36 as well just to see if this is different feeling than 35 (actually it is 32.2 according to XUV).

Here is the screen shot from the app for reference today -

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-tyrepsi.jpg

Need I mention how painful it was to fill air today and move car a little to have every value reflected immediately in app and then release air or fill air to see that this is reflecting in real time on the car? Thanks to the N2 machine operator, he was patient with me!

Note that this may not be the same scenario for you - your friendly N2 machine-wala may have some calibration that has lesser offset! So do this with caution.
abirnale is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 13:35   #280
Senior - BHPian

Hello! I still haven't found a proper Nitrogen shop! Even after trying 4-5 different shops, The tyre pressure always differs! The only one which i found to be spot on is 20kms away from my place and i don't really visit that area usually. Latest blunder was when i had asked the nitrogen guy to fill up 32 PSI and he filled 42 PSI!! As soon as i left the pump the ride was just soo harsh, Could not go back and give him a piece of my mind, Instead had to go to a place with normal air and get it deflated to 32 PSI later. Planing to buy a portable tyre pressure gauge. Sad that the Mahindra app still doesn't work on IOS.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 14:27   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^ Yes Tanveer. Having a N2 filling shop closer to home helps my cause. But I do keep a portable inflator in car just in case if on the longish drives I suffer puncture, I prefer to fill air and keep moving unless it is so bad that I have to change to spare. It has happened to me in past on old car :(

Thank god, the spare access for XUV is much easier - I don't have to remove all luggage to access the spare tyre!
Old 17th February 2016, 20:41   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
^^^ Yes Tanveer. Having a N2 filling shop closer to home helps my cause. But I do keep a portable inflator in car just in case if on the longish drives I suffer puncture, I prefer to fill air and keep moving unless it is so bad that I have to change to spare. It has happened to me in past on old car :(

Thank god, the spare access for XUV is much easier - I don't have to remove all luggage to access the spare tyre!
Even ill get a portable inflator soon, Luckily i haven't faced a single puncture on any of my long drives till date.

Just a couple of days back i was removing the spare tyre to fill in nitrogen, Super smooth and easy.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 21:31   #283
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post

Even ill get a portable inflator soon, Luckily i haven't faced a single puncture on any of my long drives till date.
Do get hold of a good quality air inflator like ResQTech or Goodyear or Michelin (if you have the budget) as they'll be reliable and work as required.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 10:02   #284
BHPian

I agree, the inflator is a must have on a long trip, I too prefer to fill in air and keep travelling whenever possible. Though never required it in the XUV yet, it was a life saver in the fiesta a few times.
But I Need a solution for all the little stuff that i carry in my XUV across long trips. The Inflator, a portable vacum cleaner and other accessories that keep bouncing around in the back and create a ruckus. Is there some way of anchoring them in somehow so they dont bounce around and irritate ?
Old 18th February 2016, 12:13   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairanupg View Post
But I Need a solution for all the little stuff that i carry in my XUV across long trips. The Inflator, a portable vacum cleaner and other accessories that keep bouncing around in the back and create a ruckus.
See the picture below - it is self explanatory - the left over noodle mat is spread, a nice plastic box filled with all nick-knacks and tied with couple of bungees!

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-1455777707924.jpg

You can definitely do something similar! Easy to take off and keep at home for short drives inside city with 6-7 on board and convenient to carry for longer rides!

Last edited by abirnale : 18th February 2016 at 12:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks