Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2015, 10:23   #31
BHPian

re: Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km

Congratulations Abirnale, wonderful review and great trip reports as well.

I am planning to book XUV500 at Sireesh Auto and wanted to check about the MMI headrests. Are they available at the dealer or you bought them separately?
vaspro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2015, 10:29   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
Orange XUV in flesh a couple of days earlier and found it really nice. Not sure how easy would this be to maintain though!
Saw two XUV W10's being delivered that day and both didn't have the chrome strip on that portion. IMO it looks a bit odd since the chrome strip ends abruptly.
Thanks @amansanc! I have never had such a bright coloured car. The one I had ever in dark was a blue Maruti 800 and I never cared about it so much. So Orange is going to be a challenge to maintain. But the looks it offers when super clean is too good. I am in love with it. So as long as this love lasts, I should clean it myself, properly and regularly

Yeah, I thought so about the chrome. But again looks are subjective. For me it would 3ft of chrome line lesser from this overly done chrome! I am determined to remove them as soon as they come out loose again. And if I can get rid of that entire line without affecting window glass or creating water seepage issues, it would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Cruise control doesn't work for me well. Even +/- buttons to increase/decrease doesn't work. Also re-engaging using resume button doesn't take back to previous setup speed. I'll get it checked.
Thanks Sathya. Congrats to you too for your Cheetah! Wish you many more happy (s)miles!

The cruise control isn't too complicated. I am hoping that it's not a problem but just you getting used to it. If we meet before you go to service station, we can see it ourselves but if not, of course get it checked with your SA.

Note that the "resume" works within a certain range. For example, your cruise was set at 100 Kmph, I have observed the resume will get back anywhere from 65 and above. But if you had dropped below like 30-40, it will not resume. I have not finished reading the user manual in detail but hoping that there should be some explanation of why it is implemented this way or at least find those threshold values.

Quote:
I am planning to book XUV500 at Sireesh Auto and wanted to check about the MMI headrests. Are they available at the dealer or you bought them separately?
Thanks Vaspro. I bought the MMI headrests at Sireesh only. I had told about that at the time of booking. You can contact their accessory sales department and they can definitely help you. Costed me Rs. 17500 all inclusive. For booking you can contact Mr. Balachandra/ Mr. Praveen Vaas. They were very helpful and patient with me and my numerous questions!

Last edited by abirnale : 27th July 2015 at 10:33. Reason: Adding response to vesper's question too.
Old 27th July 2015, 11:04   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Note that the "resume" works within a certain range. For example, your cruise was set at 100 Kmph, I have observed the resume will get back anywhere from 65 and above. But if you had dropped below like 30-40, it will not resume. I have not finished reading the user manual in detail but hoping that there should be some explanation of why it is implemented this way or at least find those threshold values.
No Avinash it's not that way, if the cruise control criteria's are met it will resume from the speed of 30 as well. If you have downshifted and by the time you slot into 6th gear you would have attained a speed of 60-70 with rpm above 1200 which will resume the cruise control. Also if you are in 6th gear when the speed is reduced, you can take the rpm above 1200 and press resume button to activate the cruise control.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2015, 11:27   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^ @Sunay, you mean RPM is the pre-requisite?

I know to engage anything above 30 is good but to re-engage with Resume button, I think apart from being in the same RPM range, it also has to be in specific speed threshold with last set KMPH?

Anyway, I Will read through the manual for this portion specifically again and come back.

UPDATE -

Just went through the soft copy of user manual. I think Sunay, you are right. There is no mention of threshold. It only says that first time engagement is above 30 Kmph, subsequent resume can happen anytime after 20 Kmph. RPM has to be above 1200 and cannot be in first or reverse gear.

Anytime less than 30 seconds of braking or acceleration will not deactivate the cruise mode. I think in my case when I tried to resume from 20 Kmph, my RPMs were below 1200 for sure. Time to check this again.

Attached screen grabs from user manual.

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-cc1.png
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-cc2.png
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-cc3.png

Last edited by abirnale : 27th July 2015 at 11:38.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2015, 11:40   #35
J.Ravi

Quote:
you mean RPM is the pre-requisite?
Cruise control will not resume below 20 kmph/1,200 rpm.

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-cruisecontrol.jpg
  (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2015, 11:41   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyway, I Will read through the manual for this portion specifically again and come back.
There you go with the excerpts from the ownership manual,

Quote:
Cruise control will function only under the following conditions;
• The vehicle is cruising above 20 kmph.
• Engine RPM above 1200 RPM.
• Vehicle is in any gear except 1st and reverse.
• Clutch pedal released.
• Brake pedal released.
• Cruise is activated first time in an ignition cycle by SET+ /SET- button.
• Subsequent cruise engagements can be done by RESUME SET+ /SET- buttons in the same ignition cycle.
Quote:
Cruise control is deactivated under the following conditions;
• CRUISE OFF button is pressed.
• Brake or clutch pedal depressed.
• If the vehicle speed exceeds the cruise set speed by 30 kmph by accelerator pedal intervention.
• If vehicle speed is increased by 10 kmph for more than 30 sec. by pressing the accelerator pedal.
• When Set+/Set- switch is pressed for more than 12 sec. (In this case vehicle will not go into cruise mode in that ignition cycle. In order to restore the cruise function switch OFF the ignition, wait for 30 sec. and switch ON the ignition)
• Cruise influencing error indicated by Check Engine Lamp, OBD lamp, etc.,
Quote:
RESUME Button
With the help of RESUME, you can opt for the previous set cruising speed of the vehicle in the same ignition cycle. This is best explained with the following example:
1. Assume, you have activated cruise mode and set the vehicle speed at 50 kmph.
2. Due to an obstacle or a sharp turn, you have deactivated the cruise mode either by pressing the brake pedal or by switching OFF the CRUISE control.
3. Vehicle comes out of the cruise mode.
4. When the road condition is suitable to switch over back to cruise control mode, press RESUME button once. The system activates the cruise control mode to the previous cruising speed of 50 kmph.
5. To resume the previous cruise set speed, the vehicle speed should be above 20 kmph.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2015, 13:19   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Talking about the orange colour and it's maintenance, I have so far managed to keep it clean and tidy.

Here is a picture took in my office parking - Notice those reflections from the headlights - they are switched off.

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-parked.jpg

Month's anniversary!
Yesterday, the orange cheetah completed a month with us. It has been very fulfilling ownership yet. Keeping this in mind, I cooked up the sprint drive for Sunday noon. Made it look like impromptu one for wifey and Kids to get that thrill!

It had been 10 years since me and my wife together went to Sivansamudra falls. It was then we had a TVS GLX bike that took us to falls. Rains, fun being young on the road was highlight then. A matured Cheetah and me with two kids and home like turf to run was the highlight of yesterday's drive. It was nostalgia for some moments when we arrived at falls.

I visited the Gaganchukki falls from the KSTDC's Mayura Restaurant. We had eft home by 2.30pm and it was almost no crowd southbound on the road as well as at the falls view point. Got a comfortable parking slot.

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-car1.jpg
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-car2.jpg

The majestic view after good rains is unparalleled and Cheetah being a wild animal loved leading our way to this place -

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-falls1.jpg
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-falls2.jpg
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-fallvertical.jpg

Took a panorama of the fall from the viewpoint -
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-panorama.jpg

This time I had reset the FE figures on infotainment system before the drive commenced. The figures I had for this 250 Kms, was 14 Kms. I have started believing that the FE numbers do not get updated in real time. For until this reset it was showing 12 for all the past 2000+ Kms. On reset it's showing 14! Good thing is, the fuel level are shown correct!

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-mileage.jpg

And as I end this month, here is the odometer snap -

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-odo.jpg

First ever car that has run ~2500 Kms in very first month of ownership in my stable! I am sure to make this car run for its money!
abirnale is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th July 2015, 20:09   #38
BHPian

Great going Abirnale!! Keep revving. Btw are you able to check the accuracy for fuel bars?
sathya_nars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2015, 22:46   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Great going Abirnale!! Keep revving. Btw are you able to check the accuracy for fuel bars?
Not yet. The last tankful is still more than 3/4th. And looks like I won't be able to empty it for next three weeks. The business trip to USA coming up this weekend. The Cheetah will rest in garage.

Anything specific should be done before I lock down the Cheetah for two weeks?
Old 28th July 2015, 07:53   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

I just noticed that there are no pictures of Cheetah from our Ooty run two weeks ago. So quickly made this collage from some select pictures from the Ooty drive -

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-661349736.jpg
abirnale is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th July 2015, 11:37   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Vaspro. I bought the MMI headrests at Sireesh only. I had told about that at the time of booking. You can contact their accessory sales department and they can definitely help you. Costed me Rs. 17500 all inclusive. For booking you can contact Mr. Balachandra/ Mr. Praveen Vaas. They were very helpful and patient with me and my numerous questions!
Thanks for information Abirnale. Did you get 7inch screen or 9inch screens for MMI headrests? Sales rep is quoting 16.5k for 7inch screen (for a pair) and 18.5k for the 9inch screen headrests.

And which insurance that you got (0 dep, bumper to bumper)?

Thanks for all the help. Btw, handed over booking amount for W8 AWD in Black
Old 28th July 2015, 11:49   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaspro View Post
Did you get 7inch screen or 9inch screens for MMI headrests?

And which insurance that you got (0 dep, bumper to bumper)?

Btw, handed over booking amount for W8 AWD in Black
Congrats! The wait for black Cheetah begins

I have 9inches MMI headrests. 17,500 including installation.

Royal Sundaram, Bumper to Bumper and Zero Depreciation. Approximately 40K INR.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2015, 14:45   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats! The wait for black Cheetah begins

I have 9inches MMI headrests. 17,500 including installation.

Royal Sundaram, Bumper to Bumper and Zero Depreciation. Approximately 40K INR.
Thank you Abirnale for all the information, much appreciated.

Yes it is an agonizing wait for sure..
Old 28th July 2015, 15:42   #44
BHPian

Congrats Vaspro on booking the Black Cheetah !!
Old 28th July 2015, 15:52   #45
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Abirnale. The car looks great in orange and even better after the detailing. 2500km in 1 month, you sure are putting it to good use. Mine is 4 months and at 3.5k km so far. Really need to stretch it legs more. Waiting for 1st service to get done so that I can cross 2500rpm.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks