Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2015, 10:55   #106
BHPian

re: Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Having a discussion with family about the actual uses of the sunroof (primarily what is the most important upgrade in the W10) and to be honest I'm not so sure but after seeing your son enjoying on the sunroof may have to reconsider
Sunroof is not a necessity, but definitely a luxury. Makes your car bright, especially during the current monsoon season. I feel it is a good add-on to have for a place like Bangalore where you have overcast sky on most of the mornings. I usually use it only for light inlet in the city, for obvious reasons. It is quite nice to have it open in long drives, with beautiful surroundings. But as I said, without it, you will not lose anything for sure.

One another feature of W10 I enjoy most is the true keyless entry/operations. It is so addictive that I sometimes try to find that unlock button on our house door
Indian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 11:23   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhirama View Post
How do you get your car next to the water body? Is it before the park entrance of after?
This entrance is before the lake boundary starts. At the Y bend, take right and there is a govt type bungalow on your right. Take a muddy road before it on your right. When you drive 20 meters inside, you can actually see the temple and nice cemented surface. After that its good rocky surface that you can go even after a heavy rain without worrying about getting stuck. There is no slush but there is good thick grass.

The park you mentioned is approximately a KM ahead of this spot is dirtier and crowded :(
Please make sure that you do not throw any left over plastic or papers etc when you enjoy your picnic in the lakeshore I mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhirama View Post
I got the matting done yesterday, the cost was mainly for the mat, the service cost when compared to the mat is negligible.
I have not seen the fitted nomad mats but I have seen the quality of mat in 3M store. Certainly there is a difference, but IMHO not worth 5.5K premium.

Quote:
Wow avinash that's one hell of a DIY.
but after seeing your son enjoying on the sunroof may have to reconsider
Thanks Vinit. I bet you will love it when you have it but you will love it more when your little one starts enjoying it. Did I mention about your upcoming Kojagiri Poornima/ Sharad Poornima drive on the Mumbai-Goa highway at the speed of 60 kmph?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Sunroof is not a necessity, but definitely a luxury. Makes your car bright, especially during the current monsoon season. I feel it is a good add-on to have for a place like Bangalore where you have overcast sky on most of the mornings.
One another feature of W10 I enjoy most is the true keyless entry/operations.
I agree! Till date - I have never taken the key out of my pocket. It has been seamless and sometimes "cool" to touch the car to open it unlocked or lock back! If you ask - can you live without them? Of course I can. I did so on my SX4, isn't it?

Last edited by abirnale : 8th September 2015 at 11:25.
Old 8th September 2015, 14:51   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Sunroof is not a necessity, but definitely a luxury. Makes your car bright, especially during the current monsoon season. I feel it is a good add-on to have for a place like Bangalore where you have overcast sky on most of the mornings. I usually use it only for light inlet in the city, for obvious reasons. It is quite nice to have it open in long drives, with beautiful surroundings. But as I said, without it, you will not lose anything for sure.

One another feature of W10 I enjoy most is the true keyless entry/operations. It is so addictive that I sometimes try to find that unlock button on our house door
Ya Indian I agree its a luxury and that too not available on many cars priced much higher. My only worry is the channel on which the sunroof slides getting blocked with falling leaves/ mud and rendering it inoperational/stuck.
I too love the keyless feature since my little grand i10 has it and haven't yet removed the key from my pocket when going for drives. Never done the keyless entry for the house but definitely unknowingly done on other cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
This entrance is before the lake boundary starts. At the Y bend, take right and there is a govt type bungalow on your right. Take a muddy road before it on your right. When you drive 20 meters inside, you can

Thanks Vinit. I bet you will love it when you have it but you will love it more when your little one starts enjoying it. Did I mention about your upcoming Kojagiri Poornima/ Sharad Poornima drive on the Mumbai-Goa highway at the speed of 60 kmph?
Im sure the look of joy with the little ones using it will be a decider though how much it can/will be used in mumbai remains to be debated . I had a travelogue to Tungarli recently put up 2-3 days back I think you're confusing me with someone else as regards the sharad poornima drive.

[/quote]I agree! Till date - I have never taken the key out of my pocket. It has been seamless and sometimes "cool" to touch the car to open it unlocked or lock back! If you ask - can you live without them? Of course I can. I did so on my SX4, isn't it? [/quote]

Same goes for my grand i10 as I mentioned to indian. i too missed it on the SX4

Last edited by vinitbhavi : 8th September 2015 at 14:55. Reason: quote / unquote
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 15:38   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I had a travelogue to Tungarli recently put up 2-3 days back I think you're confusing me with someone else as regards the sharad poornima drive.
No dude. I thought all Mumbai and Pune folks love this bright moon night drive Sharad Poornima/ Kojagiri Poornima is around Diwali when Moon is considered to be brighter. In Bangalore we always have overcast skies and that past few years I have been unlucky to spot the full moon on Kojagiri night. Mumbai being relatively dry, you would enjoy that. So the intention was to explain you how much you can enjoy the sedate night drive with your loved ones on a bright full moon occasion.

Me and my wife are busy with work and home almost all the time. Our time - "we" time is only when we venture out on such long drives. We get to chat, talk and enjoy a whole lot of little and big things in our life which otherwise is stuck in clocks!

By the way, great travelogue. Keep them coming
abirnale is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 17:16   #110
BHPian

Quote:
No dude. I thought all Mumbai and Pune folks love this bright moon night drive Sharad Poornima/ Kojagiri Poornima is around Diwali when Moon is considered to be brighter. In Bangalore we always have overcast skies and that past few years I have been unlucky to spot the full moon on Kojagiri night. Mumbai being relatively dry, you would enjoy that. So the intention was to explain you how much you can enjoy the sedate night drive with your loved ones on a bright full moon occasion.

Me and my wife are busy with work and home almost all the time. Our time - "we" time is only when we venture out on such long drives. We get to chat, talk and enjoy a whole lot of little and big things in our life which otherwise is stuck in clocks!

By the way, great travelogue. Keep them coming

OK misunderstood you,now makes complete sense. Unfortunately as last few years will be missing diwali being out at sea since I sail around June -July to Feb-March the next year been delayed this year (already September). The sunroof would be awesome on a full moon night.
Can understand exactly about the we time.
Thanks for the encouragement on the travelogue would love to pen down lots more in the future.
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 09:30   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A Sunday morning well spent on this super essential DIY.

I bought 36 sq.ft. of noodle mat roll, grey colour for Rs 75 per sqft from a nearby mat and handloom store yesterday. The roll was of good quality - made by National (the plastic chair manufacturing company). The roll was 2 ft wide and 18 ft long. I consumed all of that with a small 3x2 sq ft left unused.
Very nice work! I think I will also follow the same instead of going to 3M. For Linea they quoted 6000 /- plus.
Old 11th September 2015, 09:59   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

So the last week's air loss in rear-left tyre turned out to be a puncture! After tired of filling in air every 1-2 days since last week, yesterday I decided to check it and see in real what the problem is.

Turns out to be the culprit - a silver screw. Most likely from the driveway in our apartment where there was some repair work going on in last week.

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-img_3586.jpg
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-img_3587.jpg

Rs 100 and 15 minutes is all it took to fix this. My older car SX4 in the same environment had suffered 4 punctures. The other past cars I owned never had a single puncture in all it's ownership though in different places, and times!

Guess, i should keep a puncture repair kit too. I have never owned one - time to get one

Last edited by abirnale : 11th September 2015 at 10:05. Reason: typo - picture -> puncture ! Thanks arun_josie.
abirnale is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 18:02   #113
BHPian

Quote:
A Sunday morning well spent on this super essential DIY.

I bought 36 sq.ft. of noodle mat roll, grey colour for Rs 75 per sqft from a nearby mat and handloom store yesterday.

This entire setup costed me less than 3000 Rs. The fitting is not bad at all, considering I did it But honestly This is not short of what a 3M guy will do! I had enquired this setup at 3M and they had quoted Rs. 8500! I guess I can spend Rs. 5500 on another tankful of diesel and burn it
Looks neat!

3M quotes 350/sqft for the noodle mats. I inquired with the accessory shop in my hometown and he said he can do it for 75/sqft. Eventually, I ended up ordering a thin version of 3D mats from eBay for my XUV and it does the job pretty well for now.

I had these noodle mats put up on my Ertiga earlier and it was good. The only deterrent is the driver foot rest area gets worn out pretty soon, being the most used of all. But the good part, you can cut one again without having to replace the entire set!
luvurride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 01:34   #114
Senior - BHPian

Hello abirnale, Can you please confirm if the one hour mode is working for you? If it is, Can u post a picture, When the infotainment system shows that one hour mode is now active or something? I am sending the car again on monday along with this issue to be fixed but for some reason the people at the service centre have no clue about what a hour hour mode is! If i may be able to show them how it is supposed to work, That might do the trick, Also W8 owners confirmed one hour mode is there but what about our W10 variant, I am really frustrated regarding this.
Old 13th September 2015, 08:20   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Hello abirnale, Can you please confirm if the one hour mode is working for you?
No Tanveer, it does not work for me. I am taking my car for first service on this Wednesday. Taken full day off. I will be spending time with SA and RM. I will talk to them and see what can be done. I am sure there will be dozen more W8 and old gen W8. They should be able to see the same on it and see how it can be activated on W10.

I am hoping that like VCDS does stuff to tweak some features, Mahindra would have something. I will keep everyone posted of whatever I discover and fix this week.

By the way I am still at 4300 Kms and next weekend probably driving for 2K Kms, hence the rush for first service.
abirnale is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 08:26   #116
Senior - BHPian

Hey Tanveer and Avinash, can you guys reiterate on what exactly is happening with this one hour mode?

Recently my friend bought a W10 and it looked fine. As soon as I got in the car, on first press of the start stop button infotainment system was on and the instrument panel did a full swipe. And on second press of the button it started the engine. Similary after the engine was running press of the button switched off the engine with infotainment still playing music, which is the one hour mode I guess whereas there is no pop up for the same as it does in the old gen xuv. Hope the same things happen in your cars as well and we are on the same page.
fusionbang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 08:31   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Similarly after the engine was running press of the button switched off the engine with infotainment still playing music.
Sunay - this is exactly it. Ours when we press stop, everything sleeps including music. As soon as engine shuts off, infotainment unit also shuts off. the one hour mode message pops up in few minutes to confirm the same.

For the scenario you described, please shoot a video and WhatsApp me. Rest will be easy for me and Tanveer! We can show this to SA, get it fixed as well as update on what and how exactly we got it fixed.

Also - is your friend running "Auto Start/Stop"/ Micro Hybrid during all this test?
Old 13th September 2015, 08:45   #118
BHPian

My W10 behaves exactly like what Avinash mentioned:

One push on start/stop button fires up infotainment system. But to crank the engine, you need to depress the clutch and press start/stop.

While switching off, one press on start/stop switches off both the engine and infotainment unit. There is no way to to go through the cycle of Engine On --> only infotainment on --> complete switch off. This is bit of irritation if I have to manually switchoff only the engine at signals. Everything gets switched off including some settings like auto-wiper on and obviously the door also get unlocked.

Sunay, as Avinash said if you can get your friend to shoot a video of the above desired switchoff cycle in his W10, it will help.
Indian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 02:54   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No Tanveer, it does not work for me. I am taking my car for first service on this Wednesday. Taken full day off. I will be spending time with SA and RM. I will talk to them and see what can be done. I am sure there will be dozen more W8 and old gen W8. They should be able to see the same on it and see how it can be activated on W10.

I am hoping that like VCDS does stuff to tweak some features, Mahindra would have something. I will keep everyone posted of whatever I discover and fix this week.

By the way I am still at 4300 Kms and next weekend probably driving for 2K Kms, hence the rush for first service.
Yes, I have seen at Mahindra service centre that they do a full scan of the car via a laptop which is connected to the OBD port, I hope they are able to activate it, Please keep us posted regarding this, My bad luck, That the best service centre in Mumbai is unable to understand what is one hour mode, I have tried explaining it to atleast 6-7 people, And none of them got it. I hope you get some information regarding it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Hey Tanveer and Avinash, can you guys reiterate on what exactly is happening with this one hour mode?

Recently my friend bought a W10 and it looked fine. As soon as I got in the car, on first press of the start stop button infotainment system was on and the instrument panel did a full swipe. And on second press of the button it started the engine. Similary after the engine was running press of the button switched off the engine with infotainment still playing music, which is the one hour mode I guess whereas there is no pop up for the same as it does in the old gen xuv. Hope the same things happen in your cars as well and we are on the same page.
Hey, Please can you get a video arranged via your friend? that is exactly what is not happening in our W10, When the car is running, Pressing the start/stop button once itself shuts the engine and all the electronics! So there is no way to use the infotainment system without the car running or the battery on.

Quote:
Sunay - this is exactly it. Ours when we press stop, everything sleeps including music. As soon as engine shuts off, infotainment unit also shuts off. the one hour mode message pops up in few minutes to confirm the same.

For the scenario you described, please shoot a video and WhatsApp me. Rest will be easy for me and Tanveer! We can show this to SA, get it fixed as well as update on what and how exactly we got it fixed.

Also - is your friend running "Auto Start/Stop"/ Micro Hybrid during all this test?
Yes, A Video would help us big time.

Quote:
My W10 behaves exactly like what Avinash mentioned:

One push on start/stop button fires up infotainment system. But to crank the engine, you need to depress the clutch and press start/stop.

While switching off, one press on start/stop switches off both the engine and infotainment unit. There is no way to to go through the cycle of Engine On --> only infotainment on --> complete switch off. This is bit of irritation if I have to manually switchoff only the engine at signals. Everything gets switched off including some settings like auto-wiper on and obviously the door also get unlocked.

Sunay, as Avinash said if you can get your friend to shoot a video of the above desired switchoff cycle in his W10, it will help.
Yea, The same problem for us, By the way, You can use the Auto start stop feature at the signals, So no need to switch off the engine manually.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 12:06   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post

Yea, The same problem for us, By the way, You can use the Auto start stop feature at the signals, So no need to switch off the engine manually.
Hi Tanveer,

Yes, am using auto start/stop feature and its quite helpful. But still, in the bumper to bumper traffic, between two stops you might not reach that 10Km/hr speed for the auto start/stop to work again and put the car to standby mode. I miss the facility to put car into standby manually, during those situation. When I press the start/stop button, it just shuts down everything.

On the other note, one-hour mode might be still working in W10 - in the auto-stop mode, the infotainment might work for 1 hour and get switched-off automatically. May be this is what MASS RM/SA are referring that 1-hour mode is working right? For me, putting the car to standby manually (where infotainment works, but engine is off) is more important than this 1-hour mode. Eagerly looking for any input on this one from any owners of W10.

Last edited by Indian : 14th September 2015 at 12:08.
Indian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed