Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2015, 12:39   #121
Senior - BHPian

re: Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
For the scenario you described, please shoot a video and WhatsApp me. Rest will be easy for me and Tanveer! We can show this to SA, get it fixed as well as update on what and how exactly we got it fixed.

Also - is your friend running "Auto Start/Stop"/ Micro Hybrid during all this test?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Sunay, as Avinash said if you can get your friend to shoot a video of the above desired switchoff cycle in his W10, it will help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Hey, Please can you get a video arranged via your friend? that is exactly what is not happening in our W10, When the car is running, Pressing the start/stop button once itself shuts the engine and all the electronics! So there is no way to use the infotainment system without the car running or the battery on.
I spoke to my friend and have asked him to check and let me know. Also in the evening I am planning to visit Mahindra showroom while going home on the way to check this and if possible make a video out of it. Will keep you updated guys
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 20:26   #122
Senior - BHPian

re: Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km

Hey guys, I am really sorry it was my mistake as I did not recollect properly and commented that it works fine. Today I went to the showroom and checked on the test drive W10 model and observed the same character with the start/stop button. The SA mentioned that is how the feature is designed similar to that of i20.

1. Press the Start/Stop button once will activate all the accessories.
2. Press the clutch and then Start/Stop button will start the car.
3. Pressing the Start/Stop button when the car is running will switch off everything including infotainment (which is happening currently with you all)

In a situation which Indian mentioned, after the car is switched off completely the button has to be pressed once to switch on only the accessories,.i.e without pressing the clutch.

Also if the button is pressed first time with clutch depressed, it will start the car along with the accessories.

I am really sorry guys for misleading you all, I should have double checked before commenting
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 22:06   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Hey guys, I am really sorry it was my mistake as I did not recollect properly and commented that it works fine. Today I went to the showroom and checked on the test drive W10 model and observed the same character with the start/stop button. The SA mentioned that is how the feature is designed similar to that of i20.

1. Press the Start/Stop button once will activate all the accessories.

2. Press the clutch and then Start/Stop button will start the car.

3. Pressing the Start/Stop button when the car is running will switch off everything including infotainment (which is happening currently with you all)

In a situation which Indian mentioned, after the car is switched off completely the button has to be pressed once to switch on only the accessories,.i.e without pressing the clutch.

Also if the button is pressed first time with clutch depressed, it will start the car along with the accessories.

I am really sorry guys for misleading you all, I should have double checked before commenting

Hello, no problem brother, atleast now its clear that its the same for everyone.

The thing is, when you shut down the car, and press the button again, all the electronics startup including he fan, Basically the battery is activated, Now keeping the car on only on battery will drain the battery easily, Its also mentioned in the manual, that electronics should not be used on battery for a long period.

So in short, We cant use the infotainment system without burning fuel or draining the car battery! Wow.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 06:08   #124
BHPian

Hi Tanveer,

Isn't it so that even in one-hour-mode, infotainment runs on battery? It can either run with the power of engine or with battery right? Or Am I missing something with this one hour mode?
Old 15th September 2015, 09:23   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

My 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO - The Orange Cheetah with an mHawk soul!

So here is much awaited update -

This morning turned in the car for first service. Few hundred kilometres ahead of schedule. Odometer reads 4678 as of this moment.

Spent good 30 minutes with my SA explaining about all questions and issues and niggles and good and bad things Call it benefit of being first in line or SA's patience! And he seemed to have good update on all things XUV.

Bad news first - there is no such thing as one hour mode with W10. He knows this. He says there is no Key in ACC position equivalent of things in W10. Period.

Good thing - there is a software upgrade, ECU upgrade shown in their system applicable for my car. He thinks that a lot of improvements and bug fixes are done in it. I am super hopeful of one hour mode now

I have taken a day off! Basically watching the car being serviced throughout the day and ensure things in tip top shape. Aka SDP ishtyle!

Not that these folks are not trustworthy, but for a petrolhead err... DieselHead, nothing more fun than seeing his car babied by service staff!

And now wait until next update in the evening!
abirnale is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 13:48   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Tanveer,

Isn't it so that even in one-hour-mode, infotainment runs on battery? It can either run with the power of engine or with battery right? Or Am I missing something with this one hour mode?
You're right. It needs either fuel or battery to run.
Old 15th September 2015, 14:14   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Tanveer,

Yes infotainment runs on battery but most of the other electronics including fans are off! For instance even in my previous XUV and current jetta, inserting the key, Sliding the key a little forward turnson only the music system, Moving the key forward again switches on the battery completly along with all the electronics, and then turning the key again would start the car, Also when you turn off the car the music system keeps playing, Its only when you remove the key the music system shuts. In W10 its just 2 stages. Tap once battery with all the electronics is ON, Once more will fireup the engine, When the engine is running and you press the button once, Everything is OFF!
Old 15th September 2015, 21:57   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Everything happens at first time. First service is all about first's!

Who would have thought of my adventure ending with a black lining on so far silver shiny clouds?

With a huge list of wishes, questions and niggles I had handed over the car today for serving. I had picture perfect start of the day! First in line, First to check in the vehicle for first free service! First SA and RM spending a lot of time with me to understand what I want and what are my concerns. First experience at Mahindra/ Sireesh Automobiles to witness the servicing! I was expected to receive the vehicle by lunch time! So I decided to bunk the work to take the car with me.

During service, I was closely watching the car! Things were so nice. SA once called me inside the work bay to show how the software update to ECU and Infotainment are being done! No other car of mine had given me this chance, you see.

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-img_3638.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-img_3643.jpg

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-img_3645.jpg

But then the honeymoon ends here. It's almost 3.30pm and the car is still not washed, the rear quarter panel sticker is not in place yet! I am getting late for my 4pm meeting. I asked SA and RM to intervene. The do so fiercely taking on all other teams at work. Great intentions, I must say.

And then service - GM pitches in to replace the rear quarter chrome line with a brand new under warranty. Good. This time they claim is a different adhesive. Should last longer. And if it falls off again, they will do the sticker job. Agreed.

So finally I missed my 4pm meeting and took vehicle delivery by 4.30pm. I drive out of the gate to set the destination to my home so I can take my extremely important video conference call from home at 6pm. Only to discover that Navigation is showing that weird window - contact service station! I took a 180 degree turn back into the service station. The Techno expert pitches in. He refreshed the infotainment software thrice in front of me, updated map software 4 times only to see the same screen :( And I missed the 6pm meeting too. by this time everyone has eft the service station except this early bird and my tech support team!

They finally concluded that this problem cannot be solved by them. They are escalating this to Nippon and expect the "silver" box to be dispatched for my car in next 1-2 days! And this ends my first service visit with a essential follow up visit! So in short for the lack of navigation I did not want to cancel the trip starting tomorrow. Hence decided to pull out the car. I will be visiting the service station again next week upon my return to have this navigation issue fixed.

Findings from today -
  • The car is very much refined like feeling now.
  • Gear shifts have improved.
  • The rear quarter panel chrome is newly applied again.
  • Confirmation on no one-hour mode.
I will be driving off tomorrow to Goa for Ganesha festival and I will know more improvements if any to report soon.

First Service Summary -
Odometer - 4678 Kms
What's done - Engine Oil changed, AC cleaned, Engine Bay coated with their spray product (forgot the name.)
Expenses - Rs 3503.00

Some random observations -
  • Mahindra is a great team! Some dealers like Sireesh are fabulous.
  • No matter what, yo will find these morons - a driver assigned the duty to drop off the vehicle of a customer, was racing one of the XUV in neutral! And none scolded him.
  • if you be appreciative of their work, everyone at service station will make you feel special and comfortable.
Stay tuned for more updates in next week when I fix infotainment maps issue.
abirnale is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 22:05   #129
BHPian

Was waiting for this update Avinash. Sad to know that the map update went bad, hopefully it will get corrected next week. You probably should have given few days break between service and your long trip, just to ensure there are no such teething issues.

Have a safe and happy times driving to Goa and back. Keep us updated about your drive and holidays.
Indian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 23:52   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Was waiting for this update Avinash. Sad to know that the map update went bad, hopefully it will get corrected next week. You probably should have given few days break between service and your long trip, just to ensure there are no such teething issues
Thanks buddy. Nothing to be worried about except that heartburn of spending an entire day and still not able to fix the issue. The worst case scenario is to replace that control unit - "silver box" - heart of Nippon unit. Its kept at passenger side behind the glove box unlike the 2DIN system in old gen. So to replace - which is last resort - it is not required to dismantle the full dashboard. So not much of a risk other than this inconvenience! But again, I have driven this road hundred times and know it like back of my hand!

Mechanically things are tip-top! So the trip would be fun. I will upload few pics and narrate experience as we take this 1500+ Km trip for festival.

Another even longer is coming up in October that will definitely need the maps though. (Talking about Ashtavinayak/ Mumbai/ Pune/ Nashik circuit )
abirnale is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 08:32   #131
BHPian

Thanks Abirnale for the update. I face the map issue "contact service centre" even with latest update, blank screen issue exists too. Mahindra R & D team is going to take a look at all my issues next week when I visit Chennai.

Btw, can you get screen shot of SW version updated now? Keep the Mute and settings button pressed simultaneously and you will get the engineering screen.
Old 16th September 2015, 18:52   #132
BHPian

Would you mind telling what all issues/niggles you got fixed in the service?
Old 17th September 2015, 06:45   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

My 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO - The Orange Cheetah with an mHawk soul!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Btw, can you get screen shot of SW version updated now?
It is 3.0.0, display 3.0.1.

According to technician when he flashed infotainment and checked, it was all fine. But i found it broken as soon as i took delivery. After that it never worked. Issue with bluetooth voice seems to have been fixed. But maps are not functional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi@98 View Post
Would you mind telling what all issues/niggles you got fixed in the service?

- I did not have any issues as such apart from few mentioned earlier in thai thread. Except the infotainment map voice everything is fixed.
- At around 125kmph i had slight resonance and steering vibration. That was fixed with Wheel balancing amd alignment to the two front wheels only.
- New quarter chrome lines are fitted.

Since we spent a lot of time fixing maps issue And I was getting late, i chose to finish the below things in next visit -
- Hard wiring dashcam
- Front number plate housing from last gen XUV

I do not have any rattles or other issues. Touchwood

Yesterday I drove from Bangalore to Goa. There is huge improvement in gear shift and engine response! Since the weather was cool, i drove without AC for major part. The FE was 15Kmpl! First time ever, I reached home to home on one tank fuel and still has some to make it to another 200+ Kms!

XUV5OO is the vehicle I have found to be mechanically best! It can behave exactly like a car be it highways or twists in ghat! Not even once I felt unsafe or lacked confidence.

Braking is always confidence inspiring! I have braked it as late as possible and still managed to stop the car with safe distances! Passengers in the car have not complained of any body roll (mostly second row occupants, haven't had any on last row).

And some random pictures from drive yesterday -

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-imageuploadedbyteambhp1442452402.159561.jpg
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-imageuploadedbyteambhp1442452435.129213.jpg
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-imageuploadedbyteambhp1442452457.303405.jpg
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-imageuploadedbyteambhp1442452490.119930.jpg

Last edited by abirnale : 17th September 2015 at 06:46.
abirnale is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 13:50   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Another even longer is coming up in October that will definitely need the maps though. (Talking about Ashtavinayak/ Mumbai/ Pune/ Nashik circuit )
Mumbai !! We gotta bring the cheetahs together when you come this side!
Also If you would require any help around here when you come, Count me always there.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 14:40   #135
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
We were test driving the XUV5OO two weeks back and pushed the Start/Stop button when the car was doing around 5kmph. Nothing happened and this was as per expectation. It will be dangerous if the car is moving and somebody presses the start/stop button intentionally or by mistake and everything shuts down.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks