Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2015, 14:25   #151
Senior - BHPian

re: Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Hey Suhas. No, I just ordered it to keep spares already. Worst case if I don't want there will be at least dozen of XUV owners I know and meet would take it happily for cost as-is. So took the gamble.

And guess what, now I will have 6 bulbs, three pairs! You buy a car and spend big time but then there are many such deliberate purchases for the very same car that will amount slowly to another big one
I am ready to take it happily if Avinash does not want the third pair, with some discount (2nd hand you know)

I am planning to change all the 8 bulbs in my car with Philips/Osram,

1. Low Beam - Philips Xtreme Vision +130% H7 55W - 2Nos
2. High Beam - Philips Xtreme Vision +130% H7 55W - 2Nos
3. Static Bending Lamps - Philips Xtreme Vision +130% H1 55W - 2Nos
4. Front Fog Lamps - Osram Cool Blue Intense H8 35W - 2Nos
5. Back Number plate lights - W5W LED - 2 Nos
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 15:29   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I am ready to take it happily if Avinash does not want the third pair, with some discount (2nd hand you know )
Any day dude

Quote:
4. Front Fog Lamps - Osram Cool Blue Intense H8 35W - 2Nos
I would advise this to be left yellow. Apparently I was educated that they light up the potholes better than the white or blue ones. On my SX4 I had done the projector and DRL setup but did not touch the fog lamps.

But then this article throws more light on the fog lights than ever
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 15:39   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

But then this article throws more light on the fog lights than ever
I went through the article Avinash, but that guy says he prefer's white. It is a bit confusing though.

Here is the quote from the article,

Quote:
Of course, the question of yellow, or amber, versus white needs to be addressed. I prefer white. Regardless of the fog lights' various types of construction, generally speaking amber or yellow fog lights become amber or yellow from coloring the lens or the reflector. This may reduce the light 15% to, in extreme cases, 50%.

I once equipped a car with amber headlights, driving lights, spot lights and fog lights. I could light up reflective signs two miles away. But from not having the full spectrum of light, a lot of darker objects simply were not as visible.

So I use white lights for their benefits the majority of the time. Some people prefer amber lights for more severe weather, and, obviously, for much less glare off of snow. But to me the disadvantages outweigh that benefits.
Old 23rd September 2015, 10:27   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Follow up Update on First Service -

I got a call from the RM/ SA yesterday regarding the non-working maps issue. First it was expected to simply replace the "silver box" by Nippon or refresh it with Nippon's tools. Expected time was just 30 mins. But as it turns out to be - Nippon won't visit the Sireesh's service station. So Sireesh wants me to drop the vehicle in the morning, take that thing out, send to Nippon in the middle of the city, get it back by noon (which will become evening) and then fit it back and hand the car over to me... phew!

I am surprised how Mahindra and their dealers are so much arm twisted by Nippon. Majority of the problems this vehicle suffers is due to infotainment issues and lesser mechanical problems. This is expected to be Nippon's warranty - can they just simply not give additional units to dealers to be used in such scenarios and cycle back the updated ones as needed. Why would you keep customer stranded or hold their vehicle for a full day specifically the job is hardly 30 mins? This is one thing where Maruti used to beat everyone hands down. There is reliable service station in a walking distance form my home as well as work! Anant Cars - Mahindra is closely too, but they are not very reliable in service at BG Road outlet, I heard.

What makes me to feel irritated is that I will need to go all the way from my home to their service station and battle the infamous silk board junction traffic both the ways. Giving the vehicle to pick up and drop is scary and sends the chilling down my spine. Having seen how their drivers (may not be all, but what i had seen earlier) drive, I wouldn't like them to touch my car. Some of them accelerate in neutral like those old truck drivers race before moving the truck out of parking.

Another inconvenience is that I have to take out all the stuff from car before giving it to them. I keep a lot of survival things in car including tyre inflater, spare bulbs, tow tape, water bottles, CDs/ DVDs, Various Cig lighter Charger in points, Cables, MMI Remotes, Cleaning towels, Dash-cam, Phone mount, Manuals, a mini tool kit with wrenches and screw drivers, and a spare age old Nokia phone with BSNL sim!

Tomorrow, I am dropping the vehicle for this fix. It's time the SA and RM understands how much pain and effort this would take to be removed and settled back in car when done.
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 11:29   #155
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
[b]...
Another inconvenience is that I have to take out all the stuff from car before giving it to them. I keep a lot of survival things in car including tyre inflater, spare bulbs, tow tape, water bottles, CDs/ DVDs, Various Cig lighter Charger in points, Cables, MMI Remotes, Cleaning towels, Dash-cam, Phone mount, Manuals, a mini tool kit with wrenches and screw drivers, and a spare age old Nokia phone with BSNL sim!
I used to face the same problem. Not a perfect solution and it is still inconvenient, but recently I bought a small backpack that carries the small tool-kit, pressure gauge and misc things. I place this bag either in the back or below one of the 2nd row seats. When its time to leave the car at the service-center, I take off the dash-cam, charger, pen-drives, sun-glasses and dump them in the same bag and just carry the bag with me.

Water bottles, magnetic sun-shades, Jopasu duster, owner's manual, spare bulbs .... I just leave them in the car.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 10:43   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Early morning shock -

Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-imageuploadedbyteambhp1443071548.337199.jpg
Ownership tales of Orange Cheetah, my 2015 Mahindra XUV5OO W10 FWD. EDIT: Sold after 150,000 km-imageuploadedbyteambhp1443071561.976796.jpg

This happened in apartment parking between yesterday night 8pm to this morning. I am very sure it was not there when i parked for the night. Saw it in the morning. Looking at scratches - its not a notorious kid but some worker or a jealous neighbour.

Today I had to drop the car at Sireesh Auto, Singasandra for maps navigation issue fix. Asked them for a quote. They said approximately 12,000 plus taxes. I think I will go with insurance claim. But after couple of weeks. I don't want the same fellow come again on Saturday night and do the same. I will give it some time.

Another update -
M&M technicians at Dealer Service Station can help you hard-wire your dash cam provided that you have taken all the required accessories and stuff. For me I had only taken the charging cable that I wanted them to tap with additional cigarette lighter. But apparently they don't keep such lighters in stock. So I have to now procure a cigarette lighter assembly and take it to therefor hard-wiring. No impact of warranty etc. For now, this thing is kept on hold. I am yet to recover from the shock of that long scratch. It is deep on the door and my mind/ brain and heart

Last edited by abirnale : 24th September 2015 at 10:49.
Old 24th September 2015, 11:15   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Early morning shock -
OMG This is really shocking Avinash, I am not sure how will you digest this damage, trust me it is really difficult to see your car everyday in this condition, it hurts every time you see it. Has this happened only on the door panels or the fender's as well? Why don't you check once with Sai Colorium?

Couple of questions which might help you identify who the culprit is:

1. Did you check with your security on this incident?
2. Does anybody in your apartment park there 2 wheeler near your car?
3. Is there any object lying in the proximity of your car park which was moved close to your car yesterday night?
4. Does your apartment have a CCTV camera in your parking lot, which might come handy?

Hard Wiring Dashcam - Please keep us updated on how this was done? If everything goes well, I might also get my dashcam hardwired.

Last edited by fusionbang : 24th September 2015 at 11:18.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 11:27   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Checking with Sai Colorium too. But anything more than 3-4 K, I am not going to spend from my pocket. I will get my insurance to do that work for me. And its just first year, no NCB and that stuff. I have Zero Dep, Bumper to bumper insurance covered. This is the right time may be to get them to pay for what they earn

Security is unaware. I know they literally sleep. But I am sure they can figure out who did it. So I am creating pressure on them to either get me the culprit or be prepared for half a month's salary cut for at least 3-4 of them! Mine is not the only car that suffered. In last three months in our apartment, we have three- four such incidences. Mine is too bad.

There is absolutely no chance of Kids, two wheelers, cycles or accidental damage. I park it in a place closer to my flat. Property being new, no allotted parking lots yet. We have some repair work labours and vendors in the premise and could be one of themas well.

No CCTV in premise. Builder is yet to handover this to association. Hell, there is no association yet!

Sunay, remember - Nazar star gayee! Car is like money put on the road. Subject to everyone's trespassing. Anything can happen. I am prepared for this now but morning was little different seeing the scratches. Similar things have happened in the past with me for my older cars too. Only thing that also happened to me - gave away caring for exteriors of car thereafter an accumulated many more dents. I am sure it wont happen with this car

EDIT - Recalled the statement someone made on the official thread - There is never a dull moment in XUV owner's life and they still love it!

Last edited by abirnale : 24th September 2015 at 11:28.
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 11:33   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Early morning shock -

Attachment 1419027
Attachment 1419028

This happened in apartment parking between yesterday night 8pm to this morning. I am very sure it was not there when i parked for the night. Saw it in the morning. Looking at scratches - its not a notorious kid but some worker or a jealous neighbour.

Today I had to drop the car at Sireesh Auto, Singasandra for maps navigation issue fix. Asked them for a quote. They said approximately 12,000 plus taxes. I think I will go with insurance claim. But after couple of weeks. I don't want the same fellow come again on Saturday night and do the same. I will give it some time.
Holy $$$$ - Feeling sorry for you. We are at times, helpless when these kind of incidents happen.. Can 3M or Ultimate detailers do something about this scratch?
sbala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 12:02   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sunay, remember - Nazar star gayee! Car is like money put on the road. Subject to everyone's trespassing. Anything can happen. I am prepared for this now but morning was little different seeing the scratches. Similar things have happened in the past with me for my older cars too. Only thing that also happened to me - gave away caring for exteriors of car thereafter an accumulated many more dents. I am sure it wont happen with this car

EDIT - Recalled the statement someone made on the official thread - There is never a dull moment in XUV owner's life and they still love it!
Yeah true Avinash, whatever happens to the car we don't mind spending to get it rectified and sometimes we leave it as is to keep that Nazar star away Even with my old cars, Team Bhp stickers masked many scratches to make the car look clean. But with this car it won't happen like that in my case at least

And on the insurance part, I was wondering why people don't claim for the sake of NCB which would be more or less the same amount spent on the repair and the amount saved as NCB. IMO, when we have a zero dep policy we should make use of it to keep our mind & heart happy when we see the car clean and neat.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 12:36   #161
BHPian

Oh, this is such a shocker Avinash I really don't know what kind of sadistic pleasure one get by doing this kind of scratches.

Hope to see the original orange cheetah back in its shining skin. Like Bala said, was thinking it may be a good opportunity for you to get some paint protection treatment done with 3M or Ultimate Detailers. Keep us posted with the updates.
Indian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 13:50   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Oh, this is such a shocker Avinash I really don't know what kind of sadistic pleasure one get by doing this kind of scratches.

Hope to see the original orange cheetah back in its shining skin. Like Bala said, was thinking it may be a good opportunity for you to get some paint protection treatment done with 3M or Ultimate Detailers. Keep us posted with the updates.
Avi has already did the paint protection from CQuartz. I am just wondering whether these kind of scratches can be treated to some extent by the detailers or not.
sbala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 14:05   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
I am just wondering whether these kind of scratches can be treated to some extent by the detailers or not.
Thanks Bala. You are right.

Actually this damage cannot be treated with just detailing. The deeper scratches cannot be touched upon using the external paint pens or similar things. The metal is exposed on those scratched lines. So it has to undergo a proper process and repainted. To avoid shades of variation on the panel, the entire panel needs to be painted again and not just affected portion. In fact now after re-painting I have to to the paint sealing treatment again.

The only thing that "may" have protected is 3M transparent wrap! But since this is purely done on purpose by some miscreant, even that film would not have helped.
abirnale is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 17:49   #164
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Sad to see the nasty scratches.

Do get the panels repainted soon. Does insurance cover such cosmetic damage as well? If getting the job done from own pocket, please do get outside quotes as well. 12K sounds on the higher side.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 19:42   #165
BHPian

I think you can get it done from a good outside workshop for half the price. Why dont you get a quote from a reputed place that does body works? Also you can claim for insurance from there.
avi@98 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks