Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2006, 18:17   #1
BHPian

Just got my car serviced at 39,340.
Though I live in Aurangabad , having shifted there 2 years back I still get my car serviced at Chowgule Industries in Pune as I have always found them to be effecient and reliable .

It also helps that they pick it from my place and then drop it back too.

So was in Pune and did not bother to wait till 40,000 precise kilometers . Have been regularly servicing the car at 10,000 Km and the servicing cost inclusive of oil change etc has been coming to average Rs 2700 .

Exteriors- It has aged well and no loose parts or damages apart from those caused by me and a bad dent that happened when the car was parked on M.G .Road

Interiors - Rattle free and the only squeak's coming ,are from the glove box lid if the glove box is empty and the panel covering the left side seat belt which was subsequently fixed during the service .

Still running on the original tyres but they dont really look like they will last more than 5000 km . I always prefer to change my tyres as soon as they reach the tread wear indicator.

Brake pads and liners are also still original.

Overall a very good experience with no problems with a overall FE:15.25
Old 31st August 2006, 20:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

40,000 kms in 1.5 yrs... wow.. !

I have done only 26,000 kms in 2.5 years...

Do tell us more about the performance, and what made you really choose this car over other cars. How about the interior plastics, specially those on the dashboard. And whats your model?
Old 31st August 2006, 20:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Our Wagon R has done 19K kms in 5 years (my contribution being around 1-1.5K). Can't imagine doing 40K in 1.5 years. i'd go crazy man!!!

Shan2nu
Old 31st August 2006, 22:19   #4
Senior - BHPian

Wagon -R 40000km in 1.5 yrs
Dude are u a long distance taxi driver by any chance?
Old 31st August 2006, 22:43   #5
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Ok .. is like 73kms.. daily!!... thats actually a lot of driving.

I have done 60k kms.. in close to 6 years...

How's your suspension holding up?.. mine started rattling at 45k+... got it changed. costs Rs 8-10k
Old 1st September 2006, 08:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Our Wagon R has done 19K kms in 5 years (my contribution being around 1-1.5K). Can't imagine doing 40K in 1.5 years. i'd go crazy man!!!

Shan2nu

Reminds me of my friend who has a pre-v2 indica DLE done 17k in....... 7 years..
Old 1st September 2006, 09:14   #7
BHPian

40k kms in a year and a half is amazing man!. You must be enjoying every minute of it.

But guys, if 40k kms in 18 months is enough to shock everyone reading this thread then how would you react to a fellow-bhpians Aadarsh in his Hyundai Accent that has done 40k kms in just 12 months(equates to a 110 kms in a day, everday) ! Here, have a look http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ccent-gle.html.

Isn't that even more difficult to gulp .

Cheers
Old 2nd September 2006, 12:05   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite
40,000 kms in 1.5 yrs... wow.. !

Do tell us more about the performance, and what made you really choose this car over other cars. How about the interior plastics, specially those on the dashboard. And whats your model?
Performance on the highway is not much to talk about especially since the engine size is very limited but I always do a decent 95-105 in fifth which I feel is a very good cruising speed .Neither too slow and neither too fast considering the pathetic condition of our roads

In city performance is good with good mid-range pulling power .
According to me in 3rd gear 60-85 is the sweetest spot and it really pulls very sweetly in that area.

My main area of focus was reliability,VFM,ease of good service and spare parts accebility.

Having owened all MUL vehicles except the Versa and the Vitara am very happy with the experience so far.

For me personally the option was between the 1.1 Alto or the Wagon -R since I felt that being newer generation vehicles than the Zen these would have a better bulid quality.

One of the things that I am very impressed is the ability of the vehicle to tackle rough road patches very effectively considering the size of the vehicle.

Really have to appreciate the suspension for that. It may seem a tad hard in the beginning but you start appreciating it as you realize the benefits .

Quality of plastics is as very good as can be expected from a 3.63 lakh car .

The surface has remained as it was when i bought it with no visual defects or blemishes creeping in and fit and finish is as good as it was on day one.

its a Lxi
Old 2nd September 2006, 12:15   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK
Ok .. is like 73kms.. daily!!... thats actually a lot of driving.

I have done 60k kms.. in close to 6 years...

How's your suspension holding up?.. mine started rattling at 45k+... got it changed. costs Rs 8-10k

my daily commute is 26~28 kms . so most of the travelling is done on the Abd-Pune OR Abd -jalgaon route

had some doubts with regard to the suspension as have been feeling that there is some problem with the suspension and was imagining some noises, so got it throughly checked but they all turned out to be tyre related .

The tyres dont look like they will last more that 5-6 thousand so its going to be a weekly activity to inspect them
Old 17th February 2007, 09:51   #10
BHPian

I have done about 20K in 3 years. Been quite pleasant all along except for the gear shift being notchy and wiper blades chattering. Had to get the wiper blades changed thrice already now. The gear shift, I guess I have accepted it as it is. Shifting from 1 to 2 or into reverse when standing is still not smooth despite lots of greasing of the linkages. Double de-clutching works especially for the reverse shift problem.

Overall very nice car to drive especially in the city. Mileage is around 12 to 14 mixed driving with AC always.

I am seriously thinking of buying an automatic, (not sure which car), later this year.

Most Viewed