Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2015, 16:00   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
So the only thing to be done is Tyre Rotation. Do you follow the classic 5 tyre rotation or like some people only 4. Classic 5 will include shifting the alloy since the spare wheel is non alloy.
I follow the 5 tyre rotation. I will do rotation during the next alignment session. My spare is an alloy so no worries for me (just kidding ). If the spare tyre is of the same size, do 5 tyre rotation.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 16:13   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I follow the 5 tyre rotation. I will do rotation during the next alignment session. My spare is an alloy so no worries for me (just kidding ). If the spare tyre is of the same size, do 5 tyre rotation.
OK, Since we have 5 tyres rotation i have a question? The tyre rotation can be Forward Cross or Rearward Cross, either way you like it.

So if you do the tyre rotation at every 10000 kms, your spare wheel goes to your rear right wheel , which ever cross you follow after your first rotation.

At the next 20000 KMs rotation your both the rear tyres will now go to front wheels, so in effect if it is a forward cross , your front left wheel has done 10000 kms and your front right has done 20000 kms. Is this a good position to be in? a difference of a quarter life of tyres in front wheels.

I have in my last car got rotation done at every 5000 kms for this reason.
Just my way of looking at things although the manufacturer also recommends 10000 Kms.
Old 2nd December 2015, 16:30   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
OK, Since we have 5 tyres rotation i have a question? The tyre rotation can be Forward Cross or Rearward Cross, either way you like it.

So if you do the tyre rotation at every 10000 kms, your spare wheel goes to your rear right wheel , which ever cross you follow after your first rotation.

At the next 20000 KMs rotation your both the rear tyres will now go to front wheels, so in effect if it is a forward cross , your front left wheel has done 10000 kms and your front right has done 20000 kms. Is this a good position to be in? a difference of a quarter life of tyres in front wheels.

I have in my last car got rotation done at every 5000 kms for this reason.
Just my way of looking at things although the manufacturer also recommends 10000 Kms.
AFAIK, it's what you have said. The spare goes to the right rear wheel and front tyre goes as spare and the other tyre goes to the rear and that rear tyre goes across to the other front side. Go to a reputed tyre shop and they should do the job. I do that .
Old 2nd December 2015, 23:30   #139
BHPian

Quote:

Upgrade: Interior Lights

Changed the interior light to LEDs. The one I bought isnt a proper fit but going well. Since there isnt much space to play around, this is the one to buy.

I bought the 16 LED type which is bigger in size (width wise). So it's a tight fit. The festoon bulbs are 30mm in size
Naveen, it's brighter and softer. The bluish tint is due to the camera or there is actually one?
In what way it isn't a proper fit? Just curious.
Old 3rd December 2015, 06:55   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindOnWheels View Post
Naveen, it's brighter and softer. The bluish tint is due to the camera or there is actually one?
In what way it isn't a proper fit? Just curious.
The camera exaggerated a bit but there's a small bluish tint to it. The one I bought is pretty wide and there isnt much space inside the unit so somehow managed to fit it. The thin festoon led bulbs that I shared would be a perfect fit but unable to find the right size. Many options in aliexpress but they are too slow.
Old 5th December 2015, 14:20   #141
BHPian

Mr Naveen i am seeking your opinion, regarding choice between Ecosport and Creta.

I Took test drives of Creta and updated Ecosport back to back.

- Pickup of Creta appears better than Ecosport. May be it was a mere 500 km run Ecosport, and the engine had not yet opened up, creta was 5500 km old.
- This time I liked Creta's driving position, but still Ecosport feels better.
- Ecosport feels more solid like a big and heavy suv at broken roads. Creta gives you the feel of a light sedan, body and chassis do not have the solidity and feel soft, like my present Swift dzire.
- Door sheets of creta bend more when pressed, than in the ecosport.
- Fully loaded Creta ₹15,63,000 is 3,63,000 more than fully loaded Ecosport ₹12,00,000 on road at my place.
- Both with 6 airbags.
- Creta does not have telescopic steering adjustment.
- No split folding rear seats in creta.
- No speed sensitive volume control of the music system.
- Speed sensing door locks only available in topmost creta, it is a must. Is there any way to enable it in lower variants, showroom people said that there is no way.
- Ford people told the total service cost including consumables (oils coolant etc) ₹40,000 upto 1,00,000 kms. No clear reply from Hyundai.
- Only worrying point is that, will Ecosport be same fun to drive as swift dzire ?

I live in a small town in Punjab, most people here are advising against Ford, siting poor resale value, and high cost of maintenance. Only those who have personally owned a Ford, are praising it. What is the reason? My drive will be mostly highways, not expressways, so I do not need 6th gear, rather I prefer 5 gears, needs lesser downshifting on state highways.

Please give your opinion regarding Ecosport whether it will be same fun to drive as swift, factors included pickup and handling, I don't usually go above 110kmph.
Why did you feel the need to change from Ecosport to Creta, other than the 6th gear.

Last edited by ampere : 5th December 2015 at 16:10. Reason: Formatted post for readability
Old 6th December 2015, 07:00   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
Mr Naveen i am seeking your opinion, regarding choice between Ecosport and Creta.

Please give your opinion regarding Ecosport whether it will be same fun to drive as swift, factors included pickup and handling, I don't usually go above 110kmph.
Why did you feel the need to change from Ecosport to Creta, other than the 6th gear.
Here 's what I feel:
1. Appearance - Creta
2. Equipment - Creta, although some features that you mentioned are missing in the Creta. I can absolutely live without it (split seats - I dont need them, Telescopic steering adjustment - Yes, I miss it, Speed sensitive volume control - Just realized that now , auto door lock - it's there in mine.)
3. Dynamics - I would say ecosport is better
4. Seating position -Ecosport. Miss the lumbar support in the creta
5. Highway driving performance - Creta, yes that 6th gear makes a lot of difference and this engine is super refined.
6. Over bad roads, I felt the Creta performs better than the ecosport.Although both have a hard suspension setup, creta felt better.
7. Yes, the door are solid and heavy on the ecosport. And I felt the NVH levels are better in the ecosport.

When it comes to the driving bit, I enjoy driving the creta more than the ecosport. Creta opens up really well in the highways and also driving in the city is effortless. In the ecosport I had to constantly shift between 1st and 2nd gear each and every time. Also regarding the mileage bit, Creta is giving me a slightly better mileage. But hyundai is expensive when it comes to service (owners have reported) while the Ford is cheap (my swift service was expensive than ecosport).

If you dont mind the missing features, I would suggest the Creta. If maintenance and long run ownership is important for you, then go for ecosport.
naveen.raju is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th December 2015, 22:19   #143
BHPian

For the past two months i have been in a liquid state of mind, regarding the choice between Ecosport and Creta, but today something surprising happened, i had been continually asking about the kerb weight of Creta, fro m wherever i could, but was unable to get a satisfactory reply.

Today i went to a Hyundai showroom, where I was able to find a link with the GM, asked the same question regarding the weight of Creta, brochures etc were searched, no result found, I suggested him to look in the data they submit to the RTA, for registration of the vehicles, and to my utter surprise, the value of the unlaiden weight, which is equal to the kerb weight, of the top spec SXO, 6 airbags model, with all the bells and whistles, was 1108kg, I asked them to recheck, the person got it written on a slip, from the staff dealing with the registration of the new vehicles, unlaiden weight- 1108kg and Gross weight of around 1500kg. Now the lower models sx and sx+ must be less then 1100kg. That makes it lighter than the Punto, Polo, and quite close to the new swift which is 1050kg, older swift was 1065kg. Just look at the size of the vehicle, and the weight is even less than hatchbacks.
Mr Naveen, what is the unlaiden weight mentioned in the Registration certificate. Thanks.
Old 20th December 2015, 07:01   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mr Naveen, what is the unlaiden weight mentioned in the Registration certificate. Thanks.
I had just left the details in the main thread. Here it is:
Unladen Weight - 1360kg
Gross Weight - 1790kg
Old 20th December 2015, 12:34   #145
BHPian

Hi naveen,
Isn't the Creta's 1.6 the best engine out there?

I had taken a test drive of the Creta and the S cross recently and I felt the Creta had a much livelier engine of the two. While the Scross engine had to be revved the Creta performed effortlessly .It also seemed the easier to drive as well. A friend of mine also thought the same during the test drive. Have you driven both these cars?.I am asking you this because a friend of mine is in the process of booking a Creta or a Scross and has almost finalised on the Creta. And how does it fare overall on our roads regarding the ride quality.

Thanks in Advance
Old 20th December 2015, 19:56   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRPAI View Post
Hi naveen,
Isn't the Creta's 1.6 the best engine out there?

I had taken a test drive of the Creta and the S cross recently and I felt the Creta had a much livelier engine of the two. While the Scross engine had to be revved the Creta performed effortlessly .It also seemed the easier to drive as well. A friend of mine also thought the same during the test drive. Have you driven both these cars?.I am asking you this because a friend of mine is in the process of booking a Creta or a Scross and has almost finalised on the Creta. And how does it fare overall on our roads regarding the ride quality.

Thanks in Advance
Well, I havent driven S cross but heard DDiS 320 is a joy to drive but immense turbo lag and torque steer. Cant imagine the torque steer as I find the creta equally terrifying. But most of my friends do feel the creta 1.6 is the best one out there and it's super refined. In the broken stretches (metro construction stretch), it feels good (much better than my previous cars - swift, ecosport and my dad's previous rides - vento and fludic verna). But I heard S Cross takes the bad sections better than Creta. I didnt consider S Cross simply because it didnt feel like an SUV and I wasnt pleased with my Swift ownership. Creta matched almost all things that I missed. I would suggest the creta.
Old 20th December 2015, 20:14   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Well, I havent driven S cross but heard DDiS 320 is a joy to drive but immense turbo lag and torque steer. Cant imagine the torque steer as I find the creta equally terrifying. But most of my friends do feel the creta 1.6 is the best one out there and it's super refined. In the broken stretches (metro construction stretch), it feels good (much better than my previous cars - swift, ecosport and my dad's previous rides - vento and fludic verna). But I heard S Cross takes the bad sections better than Creta. I didnt consider S Cross simply because it didnt feel like an SUV and I wasnt pleased with my Swift ownership. Creta matched almost all things that I missed. I would suggest the creta.
Thanks bro.Even he has finalised on the Creta.The things that went against the Scross was the dated looks and the Suzuki badge.Even I personally feel its the right decision.The Creta feels a lot more premium inside out as well.

Thanks again
Old 21st December 2015, 12:34   #148

Mod note: Post EDITED for fixing Quotes. Do Preview before Submitting posts, Thanks.

Quote:
For the past two months i have been in a liquid state of mind, regarding the choice between Ecosport and Creta, but today something surprising happened, i had been continually asking about the kerb weight of Creta, fro m wherever i could, but was unable to get a satisfactory reply.
My Diesel Creta SX(O) was registered in September in Bangalore and the unladen weight mentioned is 1360 kgs. Looks consistent at least from the various posts that I have seen.

Last edited by Jaggu : 21st December 2015 at 12:38. Reason: Fixing Quotes. Do Preview before Submitting posts, Thanks.
pbishayee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2015, 14:59   #149
BHPian

Contacted the GM of the same Hyundai showroom again, asking him to look for the RC of Creta, in response, he sent me a photograph of the RC, showing the unlaiden weight of 1360kg. Don't know where they had checked it earlier.
gsratta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 19:57   #150
BHPian

Congrats Naveen and thanks for the review : proved useful in my decision making.

Finally booked my Creta 1.6 CRDi SX+ after much research, deliberation and consultation.

The Duster, SCross ( ruled out due to the heavy lag on test drive and despite heavy discounts ), Terrano ( ruled out mainly due to it still carrying the older Renault engines and after sales issues that I hear ) and Creta were my final shortlist.. In the end, it was a close call between the Duster AWD and this ( with the price matching evenly ). The easier drivability ( for me and wife ), an intention to pay for things that we are more likely to use ( e.g. not the AWD ) and better service network turned out to be the clinchers. The price was still hard to digest as you say, more so with the missing features.

Questions :

1) Naveen - what mileage values are you getting on the Creta ( sorry for the rather irrelevant question on an SUV thread ). The SA kept insisting it would be in the 16+ range

2) I couldn't push the vehicle to really high speeds : what's your feedback on how it handles at 120+ KPH ?

Would you still buy it if you had an option to reconsider ?

Quote:
airguitar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks