Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2016, 09:08   #166
Team-BHP Support

Re: It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)

Those ghat roads look straight out from Europe. India and especially Kerala is really beautiful, hope to drive there someday when it is pouring.

Pictures and location selection is

Fortuner's first service is too at the same price bucket as is with other cars which are not Germans
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2016, 20:54   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Beautiful pics & regular updates.

1. What's that you would have loved to be better in the Creta, since you have owned it for a reasonable period?

2. What's the fuel tank size? (Lazy to browse thru)

3. Since you have had a Swift / Ecosport & now Creta and have taken all these to Bangy, could you give us a quick comparo on the strengths of these products while driving in the same route?
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 09:11   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Beautiful pics & regular updates.

1. What's that you would have loved to be better in the Creta, since you have owned it for a reasonable period?

2. What's the fuel tank size? (Lazy to browse thru)

3. Since you have had a Swift / Ecosport & now Creta and have taken all these to Bangy, could you give us a quick comparo on the strengths of these products while driving in the same route?
Thanks a lot buddy. Let me try to point out my views.

1. There are few essential features missing in the creta which I had pointed out (Auto dimming rear view mirror, DTE, instantaneous mileage - can live without that, rear split seats and something that I miss a lot - HIDs ).

As with the current feature list, here are few things which could have been improved:-
(a) ACC - wont come remotely close to Ford's ACC. That was a chiller. Hyundai is just ok.
(b) Steering - Could have improved on dynamics and steering feel.
(c) Leather on the steering. Although many creta owners are missing this on the lower variants, I would say it's better to go for an aftermarket one. This is very slippery and sticky. Again, Ford was really good.
(d) Headlights - Although really good for a stock setup (in fact, it's the best stock headlight when compared to all the other cars we have had). Here are few pics with a mix of low and high beams.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0125.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0127.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0133.jpg

(e) After sales service - This is a mixed bag. Both Ford and Hyundai service centers have their strengths and weakness. But feel Hyundai doesnt go that extra mile when it comes to customer satisfaction (too early to comment on this but have experienced this during my couple of services)

2. 55L

3. Here's my take on the Swift, Ecosport and Creta
(a) Swift - It was amazing during those congested highway runs (palghat - Coimbatore). Overtaking was effortless and could easily judge the gaps since it nippy. But take it on a deserted arrow straight highway (salem - Hosur), it would struggle. Cruise along the highway in triple digit speed, and you will find it struggling. The first thing you notice is the ORVM vibrating like hell(this wasnt during high triple digit speeds). But one thing I noticed was after installing those side skirts (I wanted something functional and not for looks - you can notice that as it was very simple yet very much functional. And it actually worked. Yes, am not joking while many might feel . We had drawn/drafted many designs, tested it and finally went with the ones we made), the car was really stable.

During WIP (work in progress) and final product:

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-3a614c2c751640c1bf6203c6a5d74331.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-a1.jpg

Seats were super comfortable in the Swift and I would rank it the best among the 3. And lights, of course - I dont need to comment on that since it had the best too. The main disadvantage here was the boot space. Add that Sub woofer to the boot and we had to dump the luggage on the rear seat.

(b) Ecosport - Things improved when ecosport came. Effortless cruising and much better than the Swift. Car was a lot stable during triple digit speeds and it had the best seating position (read - seating position and not the seat comfort). The arm rest and lumbar support provided that extra comfort. Light was poor but after switching to aftermarket projectors, things improved. The only thing I missed here was the 6th gear. Everything else was perfect - Visibility, Passenger comfort, AC, Boot. Another thing that surprised me was the NVH. It was just perfect for cruising.

(c) Creta - Now, that's what I call an highway cruiser. 2 lane highway, 4 lane deserted highway and creta was able to cruise effortlessly. The 6th gear, which I have been missing since the swift days filled that sweet spot. The car was super stable in triple digit speeds (something astonishing for an hyundai as we have another hyundai in the garage). Although the seat height is perfect for me, I found the position was better in the ecosport. Lumbar support sorely missed here and the arm rest is pretty useless (atleast for my height). Provided best boot space when compared to swift and ecosport. NVH was pretty good but want come to ecosport levels.

To sum it up, based on my requirements I would say Creta is the best when it comes to my long Bangalore drives although it's got it's own weaknesses and other cars also performed well. Creta just inched forward and won the race for me.

Hope this is what you wanted from me. This is not an expert review, just something that I felt and trying to give an unbiased report. LOL

Last edited by naveen.raju : 25th April 2016 at 09:28.
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 18:16   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
...NVH was pretty good but want come to ecosport levels....
Thank you. Do you mean to say the NVH is better in Ecosport than Creta?
Old 25th April 2016, 18:51   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Thank you. Do you mean to say the NVH is better in Ecosport than Creta?
Yes, ecosport cuts off all the outside noise but engine is more refined in the creta. Engine sound very minimal inside and outside. Sounds more like a petrol engine
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 14:33   #171
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, ecosport cuts off all the outside noise but engine is more refined in the creta. Engine sound very minimal inside and outside. Sounds more like a petrol engine
Hi Naveen,

I am getting my Creta this week and wanted to know how your Creta is doing? Its been just over 2 months since your last update.
Old 27th June 2016, 15:34   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Hi Naveen,

I am getting my Creta this week and wanted to know how your Creta is doing? Its been just over 2 months since your last update.
Hey, congrats. Is it the 1.6 and which variant? Do post some pictures.

As for my car, it's almost a year now. Couldnt have asked for more. Odo is a shade under 13k kms. Have plans of upgrading the wipers even though its got zero streaks. Also have a drive next weekend and waiting to renew the insurance. Thought I would update the thread in exactly a month later from today when it will reach the 1 year mark . Also have the map (navigation and not a remap ) update pending which I will get it done during my next service.

Last edited by naveen.raju : 27th June 2016 at 15:36.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 15:41   #173
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey, congrats. Is it the 1.6 and which variant? Do post some pictures.

As for my car, it's almost a year now. Couldnt have asked for more. Odo is a shade under 13k kms. Have plans of upgrading the wipers even though its got zero streaks. Also have a drive next weekend and waiting to renew the insurance. Thought I would update the thread in exactly a month later from today when it will reach the 1 year mark . Also have the map (navigation and not a remap ) update pending which I will get it done during my next service.
Thank you very much.

Nice to know that your Creta is doing well and you are happy with the car.

My Creta is similar to yours - 1.6 CRDI SX(O), but Sleek Silver. My SA just called and confirmed delivery on Wednesday. 48 hours to go....
MAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 19:58   #174
BHPian

Almost an year of ownership of your Creta and I'm sure you've enjoyed every bit of it.
Have you had the opportunity to take your Creta on mild off-roading adventures?
Now I'm not referring to hardcore off-roading of the level of THAR, Gypsy etc. But just bad un metalled roads with loads of undulations. The kind we find in the hills or in the fields of rural India. If you've used your Creta under such situations, please share your experiences and the performance of the car in such conditions.

Thanks in advance.
Old 17th July 2016, 21:32   #175
BHPian

Spotted your Creta parked on Davis Road is that a ski rack you have on the roof?
Old 18th July 2016, 19:42   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatgyan View Post
Almost an year of ownership of your Creta and I'm sure you've enjoyed every bit of it.
Have you had the opportunity to take your Creta on mild off-roading adventures?
Now I'm not referring to hardcore off-roading of the level of THAR, Gypsy etc. But just bad un metalled roads with loads of undulations. The kind we find in the hills or in the fields of rural India. If you've used your Creta under such situations, please share your experiences and the performance of the car in such conditions.

Thanks in advance.
Yes, enjoying it every bit. Of course, have had few mild off road experiences. It performed really well and didnt experience losing traction (wasnt a 4x4 path but those were sections where many would think twice taking their vehicle). Few pictures were posted earlier in my ownership report. Havent scrapped the bottom till now .

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3958317

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3848405

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3850143

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
Spotted your Creta parked on Davis Road is that a ski rack you have on the roof?
Was in Bangalore for the weekend. That's a cycle rack .
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 08:30   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

1st Anniversary update:

Crossed 1 year on July 29th and it's been an awesome 15500 odd kms. Have driven through the length and breadth of Kerala and covered couple of other states too and this alone can substantiate my previous comment ("awesome" driving experience).

Have taken through different terrains (thankfully plenty in our country) and the car didnt even break a sweat. A quick recap of this:

Some good roads

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0027.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0073-2.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0066-2.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0254.jpg

Some not so good roads

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0037.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0219.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_2605.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_2611.jpg

No fancy upgrades to the car for the first anniversary but give it a deserving wash which was pending for almost 2 monthsand renewed the insurance (struck a pretty good deal - close to 25k).

Here's how it looked like:

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20160729_091941.jpg

And during my drive to Blore:

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20160718_104445.jpg

A proper wash took off few kilos of muck :

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20160806_174836.jpg

And one quick photo opportunity:

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20160528_115045.jpg

In this 1 year of ownership, I havent added any accessories (like I did for my previous cars) except for the cycle rack and swapping regular bulbs to LED's. Wanted to add HID's but completely satisfied with the stock bulbs. So that might take a while. It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0013-2.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0014.jpg

Pending items:

1) Replace wiper blades - Surprised that it lasted over a year with only one or two streaks occasionally. 2) One quick polish session
3) AVN map updateAll my observations, likes and dislikes have been mentioned after all my trip logs. Didnt want to repeat it again here.

To sum it up - I am right in saying, "It came, I saw and We conquered: THE ONE"

Last edited by naveen.raju : 18th August 2016 at 08:31.
naveen.raju is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 11:37   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Crossed 1 year on July 29th and it's been an awesome 15500 odd kms.
Congratulations on the first anniversary, naveen! Wish you plenty of such anniversaries in the future.

Great to see your steed sticking by you through "rough" (thick) and "smooth" (thin). Makes for some lovely camera moments.

Always thought of the Creta as a very underrated performer, in comparison to the Dusters and the XUVs. The car has it's own set of strengths and it goes about doing it's job in a no-fuss, no-nonsense manner.

I have covered about half of the mileage you have but every time I walk into my Lazarus, it feels like the journey (and the bond) has only just begun.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 11:56   #179
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on completing the first year with your machine!
Always enjoy reading your posts (with your Ecosport as well earlier).
The headlights look really powerful - definitely no upgrade required.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 23:54   #180
BHPian

Sir I have been a silent reader of your thread. Firstly congrats on your first anniversary with the Creta. Those pictures you have posted are tasteful and drool worthy especially the pictures of your car near the ghats. I presume those ghats are from God's own country Kerala. The only downside of Creta I think is it's ridiculous pricing. But no doubt Creta is a looker.
Vikvkv is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks