Team-BHP - It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/166726-came-i-saw-we-conquered-our-hyundai-creta-1-6-diesel-sx-o-14.html)

Quote:

No fancy upgrades to the car for the first anniversary but give it a deserving wash which was pending for almost 2 monthsand renewed the insurance (struck a pretty good deal - close to 25k).
Wishes for the first anniversary, though late by months.
Did you not carry, the NCB from your previous car, over to the Creta?

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 4072991)
Yes. It's got that premium look. It's got a food court outside in a separate building and a premium Chinese restaurant "Mainland Shanghai" :D.

Looked like there's one group "Aban" operating the tea estate. Other than that most of the plantations are not maintained.

Mainland Shanghai - how original!!:D

Yeah the Aban Estate is Tyford (Twford in the Brit era). My old employers.
Sadly the other tea gardens in the area - Vaghamon, Kotamullai & Bon Ami - managed by Duncans long ago and later MMJ Plantations - have fallen into bad times.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajeev k (Post 4073016)
Wishes for the first anniversary, though late by months.
Did you not carry, the NCB from your previous car, over to the Creta?

Thank you :). Nope. Completely left that out during the booking. But struck a good deal with the SA on insurance.

Service Update - 20k kms

Here's some updates after quite some time. As I have an outstation drive later this month, decided to get the 20k service done. Here are some of the problems reported.

1) Wiper judder - this was report each time and they failed to rectify it. They tightened the wiper arm and cleaned the wiper rubber. Didnt test it. Hopefully it's done correctly this time else I shall change the wiper blades. To my surprise, am still running on stock wipers and does a clean job.

2) AVN update - They have updated to the next version. Not sure whether it's the latest version. These guys are pretty clueless when it comes to the AVN.

3) Fuel lid - Had difficulty in opening the fuel lid. At times, it refuses to open. They removed and cleaned the hinge.

4) Avoid wheel alignment/balancing and car wash - I always get this done at my regular place for this. But this time I just got the wash done (not a fan of service center washing. They tend to do it for a namesake) since I didnt have time to go elsewhere for the wash. Will get the alignment/balancing done in couple of weeks.

Details of the service bill:

1) Engine Oil - 5.3L x 258.5 = 1370
2) Brake Oil - 0.3L x 305.7 = 91.7
3) Air Filter - 441.9
4) Filter Cartridge - 1790.2
5) Cabin Filter - 301.4
6) Oil Filter - 400.1
7) Gasket Oil plug - 33.6
8) Grease Caliper Guide rod (brakes) - 163.9

Total Bill - 5440.79 including tax

After the service:

Like always, it's so good to drive the car after an oil change. The brakes also feels better now but still feels rubbery but something better than before. The wash was pretty satisfactory and the guy in-charge of the wash was there to get my feedback. The exterior was done well but the interiors had this "done in a hurry" look.

Odo reading - 18,400+ kms

The old filters

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0001.jpg

Cabin Filter

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0002.jpg

Air Filter

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_00052.jpg

AVN Version (updated)

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0006.jpg

Good to see a clean engine bay

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_00072.jpg

A quick photo opportunity (like always :D)

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0005.jpg

Weekend Drive:

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0128.jpg

It was a long drive over the long weekend for us - 655 km to be specific. The onward journey took us through busy city roads, 4 and 2 lane highway, ghat roads with almost zero visibility. The return drive was even more fun with 2 different ghat sections to cover along with 2 lane state and national highways. All this with temperatures between 12 and 30 degrees.

Cars taking a breather to tackle the journey ahead (see the images following this :D )

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0001.jpg

This was what we had planned

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0003.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0007.jpg

Some random pictures

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0019.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0056.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0074.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0075.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0088.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0103.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0112.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0135.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20170129_113700.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 3815104)
Accessory Update: Rubber pads for the cubby holes

I got these as well. Mine say Creta though in blue ink. They don't glow in the dark either. The fitting is same as Naveen's. Out of 17 pieces, 2 seem slightly out of fit but considering the price, they're good VFM and very practical too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 4120166)

3) Air Filter - 441.9
5) Cabin Filter - 301.4

Hi Naveen, if you noticed your air filter was in quite good shape. At some places it is pristine. A blow of high pressure air and it would have been as good as new. Same with ac filter. Going to the FNG and getting the filters cleaned with pressurized air enhances their life and car health. Just a tip which I thought of sharing with you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver (Post 4185425)
I got these as well. Mine say Creta though in blue ink. They don't glow in the dark either. The fitting is same as Naveen's. Out of 17 pieces, 2 seem slightly out of fit but considering the price, they're good VFM and very practical too.

The glow thingy wasnt a priority for me. Just liked the plain white color of the mats. True regarding the size. Couple of mats dont fit properly and I have few extra ones as well (Ecosport mats were perfect). I have kept that in the storage compartment on either side of the boot. It does the job really well. No more rattles and good quality.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PraNeel (Post 4185454)
Hi Naveen, if you noticed your air filter was in quite good shape. At some places it is pristine. A blow of high pressure air and it would have been as good as new. Same with ac filter. Going to the FNG and getting the filters cleaned with pressurized air enhances their life and car health. Just a tip which I thought of sharing with you.

Very true but I always change them during service since I drive through very dusty roads. Thanks for the heads up :thumbs up.

2nd Anniversary update:

It's been 2 years now and what a journey it's been. I have been pretty light this year with the car - no long drives, kept everything short. Also, have had another car in the garage and the office being just few clicks away from my house added less miles in the Creta.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0124.jpg

After a long gap, decided to take a short break and explore the south side of Kerala. It was a 530 km round trip which took us through interesting roads. No adventurous roads here like my previous drives so was able to cover the entire trip in half tank of diesel. Here are some pictures of the trip.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0118.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0133.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0134.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0141.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0154.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0176.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0180.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0183.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0187.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0197.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0200.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0205.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0207.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0221.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0219.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0220.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0234.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0236.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0243.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0268.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0273.jpg

Got the insurance renewed for around 25k through my friend (Hyundai quoted 32k).

Few things planned early next month:

1) 10k interval service. Need to change the engine oil and check on other fluids.
2) Change the wiper. Been using it for 2 years now. Although, there are no streak marks, the left wiper judders (yes, the same problem I had when I got the car). I am asking them to replace the arm under warranty.
3) Key fob/Door request button is acting a bit strange - Have seen couple of members mentioning about their door request sensor failing. I have a similar situation now (not always but say 2-3 times a week) and the car locks/unlocks automatically when I go near the car. I like that issue at times :D
4) Had alignment/balancing done at 24k kms. So that's sorted out for now.
5) Stock tires are holding well and expect it to last another 15k kms.
6) Think the HU is still running on the stock update. Havent updated to the latest version. Will need to do that.

What do I feel after using Hyundai for 2 years:
Compared to the other cars that I have owned, this one's been a cracker. Ok, it may not be as involving to drive as the Ecosport but that engine is one gem of a piece. You will forget all the cons and enjoy driving that 1.6L engineering marvel. And I dont regret going for the manual. Service is a bit expensive when compared to others but I dont mind paying for a good car. Swift's service bill still haunts me. The only drawback I see is the service center. It's been pathetic from day one. Their sales and service teams are poles apart - while one excels, the other drops it. They havent been successful in rectifying the issues that I had mentioned (they do a jugaad that will work for a short period). And after the shoddy service on the i10, I am planning to try them one last time and ask them to rectify all the issues I mention. If not, it's curtains for them. That's where Ford did it's party trick - their service support was excellent and I was comfortable communicating with them. Do I regret buying an Hyundai? - Definitely not.

More updates after the service.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0224.jpg

Odo reading - closing in on 25,500 kms.

Just superb pictures !! And wishing you many more happy miles on your car !

Awesome photography sir. Wish you many miles of fuss free ownership of your Creta. Mind sharing your photography skills.

Accessory Update: Wipers

So finally after using the stock wipers for 2 years, decided to change them. Went for Bosch Clear Advantage. Didnt really fancy frameless wipers but none of the shops had conventional wipers for Creta. Guess it's hard to get this size. It came to 840/- and the size is 26"/16". Havent tested it out (sun is at it's full fury after I changed the wipers :D) but it's looks much better than those standard blades.

Also had a much needed wash which was pending for over a month. Went in for the premium wash offered at DBS (which has been my pitstop for almost 10 years now). Got it done for 650/-.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0119.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0120.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0118.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUXX (Post 4241415)
Just superb pictures !! And wishing you many more happy miles on your car !

Thanks a lot for those comments.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikvkv (Post 4241429)
Awesome photography sir. Wish you many miles of fuss free ownership of your Creta. Mind sharing your photography skills.

Thanks a lot Vik. I am just an amateur in photography using a basic gear :D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 3815104)

Accessory Update: Rubber pads for the cubby holes

Hello,

Request you to please let me know, from where you had bought these rubber pads ?

I am looking these for my Creta.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram_NP (Post 4262530)
Hello,

Request you to please let me know, from where you had bought these rubber pads ?

I am looking these for my Creta.

Got it from Ali Express. But now I guess it should be available here. Do check the price. Might be expensive on indian portals.

Service Update - 30k kms

Got the 30k kms service done 2 weeks back. The service done was pathetic and the worst ever experienced. And this is after warning them about my previous service experience with them. I will never recommend "Popular Hyundai, Vytilla" for service.

Total Bill - 7200

Work done:
1) The usual periodic maintenance.
2) The door request sensor wasn't working. So they replaced it.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20170930_094656.jpg

3) Map updated. The system is now very buggy. Restarted some 4-5 times.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20170930_094625.jpg

4) Petrol lid does not open most of the time - Not done
5) Sound from seat belt - Not done
6) Wheel alignment and balancing - Skipped. Will be taking to my regular place next week.
7) Wash - I generally skip their wash. But decided to get it done as the car was dirty. Well, they made it worse. The windshield was full of water marks which made visibility bad, the IRVM was full of fingerprints and oil residues, the steering wheel and seat was slippery (some cheap interior cleaning solution), the lower portion of the car was sort of left untouched in most sections. I had to take it to my regular place for a wash.

Weekend Drive:

Drove to Coorg last week covering close to 1k kms. The route taken was Cochin - Wayanad - Coorg and Coorg - Mysore - Coimbatore - Cochin.

Route experience can be seen here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4287648

It was a pleasure driving through the ghat section but the tyre is also showing it's age. Wife also drove for around 100 kms and she quite enjoyed the effortless overtaking maneuvers. The mileage wasnt bad either.
Onward journey - 60% tank left (approx)
Return journey - 45% tank left (approx)

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0140.jpg

Odo is close to 30k kms.