Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2017, 13:24   #211
BHPian

Re: It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)

So, which one is do you suggest? Base Model Creta E+ or Fully Loaded Ecosport Titanium/Titanium + which comes almost the same price(+1 Lakh for +). I am in the market for a new car and checked out the new ford Ecosport 2017. I think it is quite value for money as compared to Creta but Creta stands in one segment higher as per the size of the vehicle.
PS: It is Creta 1.4 on the base.

Last edited by RaSing : 13th November 2017 at 13:36.
Old 12th December 2017, 12:00   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
So, which one is do you suggest? Base Model Creta E+ or Fully Loaded Ecosport Titanium/Titanium + which comes almost the same price(+1 Lakh for +). I am in the market for a new car and checked out the new ford Ecosport 2017. I think it is quite value for money as compared to Creta but Creta stands in one segment higher as per the size of the vehicle.
PS: It is Creta 1.4 on the base.
If it's the Creta 1.4, I would suggest the new Ecosport. You get more features (creature comforts and safety) over the base Creta. There's a price hike planned on some of the Ford cars. So I would suggest you to act fast.

Sorry for late reply. Guess you would have made your decision by now. Let me know.
Old 7th January 2018, 17:14   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Weekend Drive

Completed 1300 km drive (Cochin - Bangalore - Cochin) during the Xmas weekend. It was the usual affair and the travel time has reduced a bit thanks to the good road progress between Thrissur and Palghat, and also FASTag helped a bit.

Here's the tag:

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20171210_084956.jpg

It did shave off few mins but more importantly I didn't have to carry loose change. Have uploaded the videos of my FASTag experience here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post4328424

Halfway through the journey, the MID showed "Low key fob battery". Never showed that warning again but on reaching Bangalore, I bought a pair of batteries. Haven't changed it though. Here's the model:

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20180106_180255.jpg

Car was filthy after the long drive and a wash was pending for over a month. The car's paint was feeling rough and the dust was kind of sticking on to the car. This was the condition (looked worse in person):

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20180104_115831.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20180104_115910.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20180104_115920.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20180106_161020.jpg

Got a premium wash done at DBS and brought back to the old state:

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20180106_165729.jpg

Car is performing well as always and nothing much to report. Tires should last another 10k-15k. Clocked 32k kms yesterday.
naveen.raju is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 15:07   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Weekend Drive

Completed 1300 km drive (Cochin - Bangalore - Cochin) during the Xmas weekend. It was the usual affair and the travel time has reduced a bit thanks to the good road progress between Thrissur and Palghat, and also FASTag helped a bit.

Car is performing well as always and nothing much to report. Tires should last another 10k-15k. Clocked 32k kms yesterday.
Great update Naveen. Good to hear she performed flawlessly on the highways too. Fast Tag does reduce travel times by upto 2 mins / toll. I enjoyed my Creta on the highways during XMAS.

What was your average mileage for the entire 1300km assuming they were on tolled NH's
csateesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 16:58   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
What was your average mileage for the entire 1300km assuming they were on tolled NH's
1000 kms on the highway and 300 kms in Bangalore city (approx kms count). Paid around 5k for fuel so am assuming it's around 17kmpl for the entire trip.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2018, 09:47   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Changing Key Fob Battery

The warning had started showing on the MID for few months now (occasionally). Decided to change it yesterday.

There are few videos on Youtube showing how it's done.

1) Press and remove the manual key from the key fob.
2) Insert a screwdriver in the slot as shown in the below picture and twist it. The entire key fob will open up.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20180211_093231.jpg

3) Once you open it, you will find these inside the key.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20180211_093258.jpg

4) The battery will be below the circuit and you can remove the battery using the screwdriver.
naveen.raju is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 08:30   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

Service Update - 40k kms

Got the 40k service done last week. Had no major issues with the car but decided to get the service done even though it was well short of 40k kms. Battery was dying and it was time to change it. Even though the SA advised the same, I decided to hold the purchase since I knew this service would be expensive as I had to change the brake pads.

I had taken the car to a different service center this time and it was much better than my usual place although it was a bit far from my place. Couldn't find any other customer that day (while dropping and collecting the car) and work was done a lot faster.

As for the service, it was a standard affair wherein they changed the oil, filters, brake pad etc. The total bill came to 12,500 (3k for the brake pads and close to 2k for skimming).

Like always, I skipped their wheel alignment service but decided to get the car washed this time. Was pretty satisfied with the wash but the interiors were overdone. Their interior polish was too slippery for my liking. Anyhow, it was all good after the service and the brakes felt a bit hard since it was new. It's now getting better.

Fast forward - 1 week and the battery dies all of a sudden. Called my tyre shop and asked them to send the battery (had talked to them last week when I went for alignment). Got it done in under half n hour. Since they deal only with Amaron, went ahead with it (Exide and me dont go along very well. Had one horrible experience with it when I had the Swift). Got 1k for the old battery so the net amount came around 5.3k.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20180425_182052.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20180425_182127.jpg

Odo - 34,xxx kms
naveen.raju is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 16:33   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Service Update - 40k kms

Got the 40k service done last week. Had no major issues with the car but decided to get the service done even though it was well short of 40k kms. Battery was dying and it was time to change it. Even though the SA advised the same, I decided to hold the purchase since I knew this service would be expensive as I had to change the brake pads.

Odo - 34,xxx kms
It's incredible how you have been posting regular updates since the time you bought it. Sincere thanks for that.

Even after 34K KMs, your Creta looks pretty new. Says a lot about the upkeep.

One question- how satisfied are you with your purchase after some 3 odd years and 34K KMs on the ODO? In hindsight, would you trade it for the upcoming facelift or for that matter any other vehicle? And why?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!!
Pratyush
prince0407 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 17:49   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince0407 View Post
One question- how satisfied are you with your purchase after some 3 odd years and 34K KMs on the ODO? In hindsight, would you trade it for the upcoming facelift or for that matter any other vehicle? And why?
Thanks Pratyush. Wish I had waxed the car which would have made it even more better . Car hasn't seen a wax/polish. And yes, my thread will always be updated.

Anyhow, coming to your question -
1) Very much satisfied with the car. In fact, after every service it keeps getting better. The interior quality is spot on and feels rock solid even after 3 years - touchwood. The only thing that's depressing is the service - but that's due to the dealership here. Somehow sorted that out during the last service (have to test them again when I give my wife's car there). Next would be the service cost. Wish it was in Ford territory and it would have been sweet but my Swift service cost was similar to the Creta . So am happy (Will be a nightmare when I change my tires though).

2) Definitely NO! especially the facelift. I prefer the current model. I wouldn't trade this off with any other car (well, I almost did few months back as a bigger car would have been useful for my wife's business but decided to hold it). But there's one car that's always in my list which is the Ford Endy. That will remain in my list only - Too expensive for me, LOL!
Old 28th April 2018, 11:45   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Pratyush. Wish I had waxed the car which would have made it even more better . Car hasn't seen a wax/polish. And yes, my thread will always be updated.

Anyhow, coming to your question -
1) Very much satisfied with the car.
2) Definitely NO! especially the facelift. I prefer the current model. I wouldn't trade this off with any other car
Thanks Naveen. The cause of my curiosity is I have been looking for an upgrade from my Swift VXI. Have driven it for some 6 years. Upgrade has to be an SUV. I am not in to Sedans. Creta SX+ Auto and XUV5OO AT are the shortlists. As such, I don't require a 7 seater, but the new Creta will almost cost the same as the W7/W9 AT. Hence, the confusion. What would be your choice and why?

Thanks in advance.

P.S.- Your car shines like that without wax?? Send me the number of your washing guy.
Old 28th April 2018, 17:56   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Creta SX+ Auto and XUV5OO AT are the shortlists. As such, I don't require a 7 seater, but the new Creta will almost cost the same as the W7/W9 AT. Hence, the confusion. What would be your choice and why?
Although I love big, butch SUV's, I really don't fancy the XUV because my cousin drives one and it's got few niggles and rattles (I hate rattles and have had enough in the Swift). I know the new XUV is a lot improved from the first gen but somehow I don't fancy it.

Also, I always like to go for the top end model and XUV was out of reach. Personally, I would go for the Creta since it's pretty well loaded and the facelift should have few added features (I hope). But I always recommend to TD both the cars and see which suits you so that it will bring out a more convincing conclusion.
Old 28th April 2018, 21:03   #222
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks Naveen. The cause of my curiosity is I have been looking for an upgrade from my Swift VXI. Have driven it for some 6 years. Upgrade has to be an SUV. I am not in to Sedans. Creta SX+ Auto and XUV5OO AT are the shortlists. As such, I don't require a 7 seater, but the new Creta will almost cost the same as the W7/W9 AT. Hence, the confusion. What would be your choice and why?
Have a similar history (car ownership) as you have and also even I had the XUV 5OO in the shortlist while I was looking to change my Swift ZDI. You can read it here.

If you don't need 7 seats, IMHO it doesn't make sense to get XUV 5OO over the Creta. No point in hauling extra bulk around when it's not going to be used. I know and I literally hate Hyundai for pricing the Creta so high especially the SX+ AT variant that is costlier than the SX(O) inspite having lesser features (including the critical ones too).

The facelift model will have slightly more features than the current one so I think it'll be better to get the Creta over the XUV 5OO.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2018, 11:34   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Although I love big, butch SUV's, I really don't fancy the XUV because my cousin drives one and it's got few niggles and rattles (I hate rattles and have had enough in the Swift). I know the new XUV is a lot improved from the first gen but somehow I don't fancy it.

Also, I always like to go for the top end model and XUV was out of reach. Personally, I would go for the Creta since it's pretty well loaded and the facelift should have few added features (I hope). But I always recommend to TD both the cars and see which suits you so that it will bring out a more convincing conclusion.
Thanks Sir for the response. The current gen XUV surely seems much better than it's predecessor in terms of styling and interior quality. However, a TD can give a better picture w.r.t. the rattles/niggles. How does it age is also a question needs to be raised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Have a similar history (car ownership) as you have and also even I had the XUV 5OO in the shortlist while I was looking to change my Swift ZDI. You can read it here.

If you don't need 7 seats, IMHO it doesn't make sense to get XUV 5OO over the Creta. No point in hauling extra bulk around when it's not going to be used. I know and I literally hate Hyundai for pricing the Creta so high especially the SX+ AT variant that is costlier than the SX(O) inspite having lesser features (including the critical ones too).

The facelift model will have slightly more features than the current one so I think it'll be better to get the Creta over the XUV 5OO.
Thanks Sir. I won't be needing 7 seats too often. However, the SX+ Automatic is costing exactly the same as the new gen W7 Automatic. Have heard, Creta prices will go further up with the addition of Cruise control and sunroof amongst other features. The Sales rep was even indicating a price hike in the tune of a Lakh or so. Which means, one can look at W9 Automatic too which comes with all the features that Creta top trim might offer.

Will evaluate only after Creta facelift is launched. Thanks for the input. Will seek more suggestions when finalising my purchase.

Regards,
Pratyush
Old 21st June 2018, 10:11   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

Had the wheel alignment done yesterday. It was all looking good. He suggested to get the tires replaced in about 5k-6k kms and I might go with Michelin Primacy 3ST (Have few months to decide on that).

Since the brakes are a talking point on the Creta, I asked the technician to test it out and he was pretty satisfied with it (not the best but said he's seen worse). Anyhow, the test was mostly to check the condition of the tires and it was pretty good.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20180620_100800.jpg

Here's what happens when you leave the car at home and wife's business demands some load transfers. These are just some of the pictures clicked.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20161210_151606.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20180606_112239.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20180606_195338.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20180608_084907.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20180608_091006.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20180608_110459.jpg

This particular heavyweight (a pond to be precise) was really heavy and needed 3 guys to lift it. And the shop entrance had this huge pothole but the car didn't scrap the bottom.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20180408_105932.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th July 2018, 14:08   #225
BHPian

Hey Naveen,

It's a nice read with all those regular updates pouring in.
I'm really curious to know if you follow 4 wheel rotation or 5 wheel rotation?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks