Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2015, 14:36   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvik6 View Post
Thanks for the clarification, does this require visit to dealer for rewiring or can it be done by any neighbourhood shop?

Can you please confirm how much it cost you for the thule mount and bike rack? I am looking to procure the same along with a thule roof box in delhi for an upcoming road trip.
Not sure on this. It's better to check with the shop and see if it's a straight forward job. Mine is from Hyundai and not Thule (Wallet was light ). It cost 14k and found it worth since it came with the bike carrier too. Thule roof bars cost some 22k as quoted by the authorized distributor here in Cochin. If you have the money, Thule is the one to go for.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 22:14   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification, does this require visit to dealer for rewiring or can it be done by any neighbourhood shop?

Can you please confirm how much it cost you for the thule mount and bike rack? I am looking to procure the same along with a thule roof box in delhi for an upcoming road trip.
Mate, If you have purchased the Thule roof box, please post a picture(car) of the same. Would like to see how good it looks with roof box on.

When i checked online the roofbox alone cost 55k INR and above. Keep us posted, if you find other cheaper options.
Old 23rd September 2015, 00:39   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Mate, If you have purchased the Thule roof box, please post a picture(car) of the same. Would like to see how good it looks with roof box on.

When i checked online the roofbox alone cost 55k INR and above. Keep us posted, if you find other cheaper options.
Sure but I doubt I will be able to get it installed anytime soon since I spent quite a lot on ICE upgrades and other accessories. Will see what other options are available for a couple months then will probably pick up one before heading out on road trips during winters.

I would recommend you get a mesh magnetic sun shade if you don't want to risk putting film. I found a nice quality one on amazon with zippers.
Old 23rd September 2015, 06:33   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I would recommend you get a mesh magnetic sun shade if you don't want to risk putting film. I found a nice quality one on amazon with zippers.
I seriously doubt the quality of these magnetic shades. Mixed reviews. I am actually waiting for some reviews on this before going in.
Old 23rd September 2015, 12:40   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I seriously doubt the quality of these magnetic shades. Mixed reviews. I am actually waiting for some reviews on this before going in.
I got the commander ones off amazon for 1700 and I am satisfied with the product. I was very reluctant to order myself but after receiving the product I'm happy with the fit. Although there is no gap to view side mirrors it is a fairly easy diy job. Can show pics if you're interested.
Old 23rd September 2015, 13:59   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I got the commander ones off amazon for 1700 and I am satisfied with the product. I was very reluctant to order myself but after receiving the product I'm happy with the fit. Although there is no gap to view side mirrors it is a fairly easy diy job. Can show pics if you're interested.
Yes, please do share the pictures and the link. Also, how was the packing considering it covers a wide area. Do they fold and pack the item?
Old 23rd September 2015, 14:23   #112
BHPian

Packaging was superb and sent with bubble wrap. Item was marked fragile and requested to handle with car. Seller is in Delhi so I got item in less than 12 hours. Brand is commander and seller is ishkaran singh lamba.
Attached Thumbnails
It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-1442998232760.jpg  

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-1442998253527.jpg  

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-1442998321197.jpg  

souvik6 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 17:31   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Low fuel Warning display:

Many posts here saying that low fuel warning is not available in the Creta. Although the manual state it's available, many members couldnt find this.

Here's from my SX(O). There's also an animated screen that comes up. Also, I remember few saying that once this light is shown, the trip computer changes to DTE. That's not the case. It remains the same.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20150926_155444.jpg

Kms clocked during the last top up - 789kms (25% highway, 75% city). Refueled as soon as the low fuel warning light was lit.

Current odometer reading - 2528 kms.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0022.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 17:42   #114
BHPian

I read your Creta's ownership log when I was not a member. Following your thread from the very beginning. Congratulations for the purchase man! Creta looks fabulous in white. Wish you lot and lot of hassle free miles.
Drive safe.

Regards
Aakarsh
Aakarsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 21:53   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Accessory Update: Rubber pads for the cubby holes

I had bought these for the ecosport and was impressed with it. Can now easily throw away those keys and coins without having to hear the rattles.

16 pieces in total and two pads dont fit properly (one is small while the other is big - Maybe this is for the ix25 and not for the Indian model). Also, have two extra pads for the bottle holders.

Cost - 500 or 550/- (almost took 2 months to deliver so forgot the price I paid)

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0012.jpg

A bit too small

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0013.jpg

See the extreme right. You can see it glow a bit. Yes, these are the "glow in the dark" pads

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0014.jpg

A bit too big

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0016.jpg

Last edited by naveen.raju : 30th September 2015 at 21:56.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 22:54   #116
BHPian

Thought I saw your car coming towards high court junction on Banerji road infront of St. Alberts evening( around 6pm) on Monday.
Old 1st October 2015, 06:53   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Thought I saw your car coming towards high court junction on Banerji road infront of St. Alberts evening( around 6pm) on Monday.
I had gone that side on Tuesday and not monday. Did the car have the bike carrier? That's one thing to easily find out and of course TBHP sticker.
Old 3rd October 2015, 18:44   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Puncture Update:

Got a puncture yesterday or should I say a small sidewall tear. Was navigating through some 'not so bad' ghat section. Some rock might be the culprit.

The reason why I am updating this is to take caution of the tools. The jack seems to be of some ordinary quality. The black paint start to chip every time I rotated it and was very difficult to use it. Also the 17" wheels adds to the pain of lifting the jack to it's limits and the shape of it at the maximum limit really gave me scare. I wish and want to invest in an hydraulic jack but storing it in the boot is one thing that's keeping me away from it.

Cost of patching the tyre - 700/-

It was a small tear and the mechanic said it's safe to use. I wanted to keep it as a spare but he advised me to use it and wear it off as keeping it unused maybe weaken the patch.

Also the Bridgestone Dueller H/P Sport is a pretty new tyre in India and hard to find it, atleast here in Cochin (the size that comes with the SX(O)).
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2015, 19:32   #119
Senior - BHPian

Can you post pictures of the patch. Why would it cost ₹700 for a puncture?what kind of tear is this? Will it not be covered under warranty if it is a defect?
Old 3rd October 2015, 19:39   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Can you post pictures of the patch. Why would it cost ₹700 for a puncture?what kind of tear is this? Will it not be covered under warranty if it is a defect?
Shall post the picture tomorrow. As I had mentioned, it wasnt a normal puncture. It was a tear on the sidewall. And if you guys are not aware, sidewall damage will not be covered under warranty. I had tried to claim when the same happened with my ecosport right after delivery. Only the damage to the contact area or any abnormal bulge to the sidewall will be covered. That should also pass the inspection by the engineer from the respective brand. They denied warranty for the ecosport tyre so I dint even bother to run around this time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks