Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2015, 19:26   #121
BHPian

Re: It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)

Naveen, super review and awesome pics.

We are too a proud owner of the Creta now for the past 20 days and been enjoying the drive.

Driven around 800+kms. First re-fuel got a mileage of ~12.4kmpl. This was primarily city drive with bumper to bumper traffic in Bangalore. No long drives yet, will plan one in December to Kochi.

Sad to know about the tear, good you were able to fix it quickly. Yeah, my experience also says the sidewall damage is not covered under warranty. Had one in our Opel Corsa.

Happy driving bro!
MindOnWheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 09:05   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

DIY - Rear Parcel tray padding

There was this sound coming from the rear and I had checked the boot lock (as suggested by many), rear seat lock and seat belts etc but wasnt able to find the culprit. Then while driving on a bumpy section of road, I saw the rear parcel tray jumping around (a small jump is enough for the sound). I checked the base of the tray and found no damping except for a small piece. I wanted to use a felt lining but that wasnt thick enough. The best option here would be a mouse pad (similar to the ones I used to cover the cubby holes in the ecosport) but didnt have one. Then came across this velvet type lace lying around in the house so decided to use them. Although not an OE finish, but it does a good job. Stuck the lace using double side tape and now it's perfect. Although the tray jumps around, it's silent now.

OE padding provided on the tray. It's useless

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0025.jpg

Lace stuck using double side tape. Not a perfect finish but I was looking for practicality rather than looks. I will need to use the mouse pad later on.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0026.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0028.jpg

Odo reading - 4278 kms. I will have more pictures and updates next week.
naveen.raju is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 12:23   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
DIY - Rear Parcel tray padding

There was this sound coming from the rear and I had checked the boot lock (as suggested by many), rear seat lock and seat belts etc but wasnt able to find the culprit. Then while driving on a bumpy section of road, I saw the rear parcel tray jumping around (a small jump is enough for the sound). I checked the base of the tray and found no damping except for a small piece.
Thanks.

I think a small piece where the OEM padding is there would also do the trick coz although it is very thin padding still it protrudes from the tray and will be the point of contact.

In my case had a irritating metallic sound sometimes, so checked every place with metal exposure since in a metallic sound it is bound to leave a mark after contact, which i found in the boot lock here

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20151028_092326.jpg

So a crude method, but a wrap with three layers of tape has done the trick. Plan to fix a thin layer of rubber there after some time. Plan to try and check the friction marks on rubber in my jugaad at a later stage and point out to the SA during the next service.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20151028_092415.jpg
nkghai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 06:51   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

300 km drive - Highway and Ghat Section

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0037.jpg

Back from a 300 kms round trip through all roads unimaginable - Clogged city roads, 2 lane highway, 4 lane highway, a steep and bumpy ghat section and a pretty good off road track paved with rocks. Loved the way it drove in all roads.

Pros
1) Amazing power. Overtakes were effortless.
2) I was able to take the ghat section in 2nd and 3rd gears. Absolutely no need to down shift.
3) Even though this is not a 4wd, it did take the rocky section pretty well. Was able to crawl through without having to fiddle with the clutch.
4) The passengers said the entire drive was comfortable.

Cons
1) Wish steering weighed a bit more. Ford steering was perfect.
2) Well, this is entirely limited to my car. Wind noise due to the bike carrier. Get's bad during triple digit speeds.

Overall the entire drive was too good and am waiting for the next destination in December.

Odo - 4620 kms.

Next update will be in couple in weeks when it's time for alignment and balancing.

Some more pictures.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0027.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0028.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0029.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0030.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0036.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0039.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0040.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0042.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0064.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0091.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0100.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0122.jpg

Last edited by naveen.raju : 16th November 2015 at 06:52.
naveen.raju is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 07:26   #125
BHPian

Beautiful pics Naveen. Where is this? Is this the Idukki region?This December, planning a trip to Munnar and near by places when we are in Kerala. Will be driving in our Creta this time.
Your pictures have given the confidence. Great stuff.
MindOnWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 17:07   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindOnWheels View Post
Beautiful pics Naveen. Where is this? Is this the Idukki region?This December, planning a trip to Munnar and near by places when we are in Kerala. Will be driving in our Creta this time.
Your pictures have given the confidence. Great stuff.
Thanks Binoo. This is Neliyampathy. I would suggest you to take Munnar. Absolutely amazing roads throughout.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 20:02   #127
BHPian

Nelliampathy is a good drive.. Went there last month.
Attached Thumbnails
It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-1447684272462.jpg  

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-1447684313289.jpg  

sandygordon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 20:44   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Binoo. This is Neliyampathy. I would suggest you to take Munnar. Absolutely amazing roads throughout.
Amazing pics. Which place/route in Nelliyampathy is this?
DieselLover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 07:07   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Amazing pics. Which place/route in Nelliyampathy is this?
Thanks dude. The rough section that you see leads to Kailas Plantations.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 08:54   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Few more pictures:

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_2425.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_2605.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_2611.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 21:28   #131
BHPian

I got to drive my friend's Creta for over 140 kms on highways and was also able to sit back on the rear seat on the return journey.

First the gear shift, this was superb and felt easy and nice.

Second ergonomics, i felt the center handrest wasn't ideal and adjustable handrest would have been better. The left hand rest was also not ideal like my Fiesta.

NVH was good upto a speed of 90kms, post this the engine becomes audible and you can say for sure that you are above 90 as the engine also feels a bit coarse . This is not a deal breaker for we hardly get to cross over 90 in our highways.

Rear seat wasn't comfortable over a long stretch, not sure why, i moved myself but still experienced mild pain in my back. I did not experience any pain with the front seats though.

Handling is decent and definitely not bad but didn't make any fast maneuvers.

Breaking is one spot where I wasn't happy, there is definitely some lag and I think over a period of time you get used to it and break accordingly.

Overall I think its definitely a good one, which should satisfy most of our needs. Hyundai definitely have understood the Indian customers very well.
Old 1st December 2015, 19:37   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

5000 kms update:

Just crossed 5000kms yesterday marking 4 months into the ownership. The engine has opened up really well and I am enjoying every bit of it. Got the alignment and wheel balancing done (I make sure this is done every 5k kms). No issues so far other than some occasional rattle from the boot. After damping the parcel tray, there's a huge difference. The latest tank fill gave around 730 kms (this is when the low fuel light came). This includes 25% highway drive and 75% proper city traffic.

Upgrade: Interior Lights

Changed the interior light to LEDs. The one I bought isnt a proper fit but going well. Since there isnt much space to play around, this is the one to buy.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-41raucefy2l._sx300_.jpg

I bought the 16 LED type which is bigger in size (width wise). So it's a tight fit. The festoon bulbs are 30mm in size.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0012.jpg

The LEDs are really bright when compared to the stock bulbs. Here are some "before" and "after" images.

Before:

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0016.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0014.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0015.jpg

After:

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0017.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0018.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0019.jpg

Odo now at 5032 kms

Last edited by naveen.raju : 1st December 2015 at 19:38.
naveen.raju is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 15:06   #133
BHPian

Quote:
5000 kms update:

Just crossed 5000kms yesterday marking 4 months into the ownership. Got the alignment and wheel balancing done (I make sure this is done every 5k kms).
Thanks! Even i plan to get the rotation done at 5000. My odo stands at 4000 so still some time to go.

While going through the manual, i found that there is a different period of maintenance schedule for severe usage conditions for Petrol Creta. Now my drive tick marks the following three categories :-
  • Repeated short distance driving.
  • Driving in dusty conditions. Out of 4000 kms approx 1500 kms will be in dusty terrain.
  • Driving on rough or muddy roads.

So i was wanting to go for the second service at 5000 kms. Is this also free service and anyone who has undertaken this kind of service can throw some light on it.
Old 2nd December 2015, 15:49   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
  • Repeated short distance driving.
  • Driving in dusty conditions. Out of 4000 kms approx 1500 kms will be in dusty terrain.
  • Driving on rough or muddy roads.
So i was wanting to go for the second service at 5000 kms. Is this also free service and anyone who has undertaken this kind of service can throw some light on it.
Not to worry on that. Mine ticks most of the boxes. My daily drive is through dusty metro construction zone (right from home to office). Just make sure that fluid are within levels and the best thing you can do is change or clean the air and cabin filter. Some of my friends even change oil every 5k kms. You can service/check up the car any time and will be charged for the consumables and labor associated with it (wont happen if it's in the free service period).

I might clean the air filter this week. Will change it during the 10k service since that will reach faster than this 5k kms.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 15:56   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Not to worry on that. Mine ticks most of the boxes. My daily drive is through dusty metro construction zone (right from home to office). Just make sure that fluid are within levels and the best thing you can do is change or clean the air and cabin filter. Some of my friends even change oil every 5k kms. You can service/check up the car any time and will be charged for the consumables and labor associated with it (wont happen if it's in the free service period).

I might clean the air filter this week. Will change it during the 10k service since that will reach faster than this 5k kms.
Thanks !
Will do
Have been checking the fluids every Sunday and they are good. Engine oil is infact in prime condition for 4000 odd kms of driving.
Will do the air filter cleaning coming Sunday and that should take care of it.

So the only thing to be done is Tyre Rotation. Do you follow the classic 5 tyre rotation or like some people only 4. Classic 5 will include shifting the alloy since the spare wheel is non alloy. I personally always did 5 tyre rotation in my previous cars but some people have discouraged me time and again and i dont understand their logic.

Last edited by nkghai : 2nd December 2015 at 16:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks