Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2015, 14:44   #31
BHPian

Re: It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)

Hearty Congrats Naveen on your new ride. Wish you safe and happy long drives in your new SUV.:-)

Thanks for the detailed review on Creta Diesel and nice comparison on your experience in driving ecosport and creta
alexpaul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 14:56   #32
BHPian

Congrats Naveen! Waiting to see the headlight upgrade similar to your Swift and Ecosport
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 15:11   #33
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Naveen!

Thank you for superb write up on your new car. You and RavenRavi made things a lot more difficult for GTO and team for upcoming official review. Now they need a microscope to look for additional details in Creta.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 15:45   #34
BHPian

Congrats Naveen on your Creta. Crisp review with great pictures. What happened to your Ecosport, if I may ask? Sold it off?

Wish you all the very best.
OwnersPride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 16:07   #35

Congrats on your new ride!! The Create in white with those 17" Diamond cut alloys looks really awesome.

Quick question regarding the integrated LED's, do they work as full time DRL's or they are like parking lights similar to XUV500?
abhi_dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 16:56   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Congrats on the new beauty! Here's wishing you happy mile munching!
Great pics - gives one a real feel of the Creta. And I liked your unbiased views on the vehicle.
Btw - has the Ecosport gone? Hope you've got a good deal if it has.
Thanks a lot. Yes, I wanted to make sure I point out the negatives as well. I did it for all my previous ownership reports. Let that help others as well.

Yes, sold the ecosport for a good price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
@Naveen - Amazing review, thanks for sharing
Congratulations and wishing you countless miles of drives in your new Creta.

How does AC feel in the rear bench with 5 people on board the car ?
Thanks a lot. We just went for a short drive, say 1-2 kms. AC didnt feel bad (the rear ac vent was turned off. Realized that after getting out of the car). But as I had mentioned earlier, I feel Ford's AC unit is slightly better. Maybe I can get to give an exact picture in the coming. Being monsoon here, the AC is set at an high temperature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Congrats naveen on your latest acquisition and a smashing report at that.

Creta was probably not as important a launch to Hyundai as was the Fluidic Verna or Elite, but surely this has changed the face of SUV/Cross-over in Indian market. Now, the folks who had no competition (Duster, Ecosport) suddenly are scurrying for updates & enhancements.

Wish you many mile munching and safe motoring.

I have observed the same issue on my bro's I-Gen I20 and we figured out the culprit. If you leave your car in 'Fresh Air Mode' when you switch on the AC and turn it off without changing it to 'Re-circulation' mode, this happens.

Try switching your AC to 'Re-circulation' prior to turning off the AC and I think this issue will be resolved.
Thanks a lot and for that tip. Will try that out today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Spare alloys only with the SX(O).

@naveen. Congratulations. Nice you were able to stick with the full option variant and not compromise on safety.
Nice write up. I suggest that you get the insulation under the hood. There are a lot of people out there who do this work and shouldn't be very expensive either. I did feel that it was required when I test drove the 1.6 diesel. Enjoy your time with your new ride.
Thanks a lot Arjun. The NVH isnt all that bad. Let's wait for the car to clock some miles. In case I feel this insufficient, I shall look at options. But as of now, it's good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharya View Post
Congrats for the new car and thanks for a wonderful review.
Diamond cut alloys look amazing and Hyundai has loaded the Creta to the grill. Wish you happy and safe ride, Enjoy!
Thanks a lot. Yes, those alloys are so much better than the 16" and these fill the wheel well properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealtoman View Post
Great review of your CRETA Naveen. Enjoy and have fun. Wishing you all the best for all your upcoming journeys.
Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Congratulations Navin !! Wonderful car you've got there. Hyundai has literally loaded it with all the gizmos. One question though, Isn't 51k too high for Insurance. I was getting a B2B Zero Dep insurance for my Duster AWD for 28k (ex-showroom 13.94 lacs) ? Was there an option of not opting the same with dealer ?
Thanks a lot. I got a better deal from them. Cant disclose a lot here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahnjpr View Post
Dear Naveen, Congratulations on your new SUV. It is raining Creta these days.

Wish you many happy miles in your new Creta. Sticking to your policy, will you replace it after 3 years?
Thanks a lot. HAHA, too early to decide. I think I might stick with this for a long time (this is what I said for the ecosport as well).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
Great review Again of a Great car ! Great pics too.

Congratulations for your new buy. Wishing you a happy and safe ownership of this beauty.

Mods, with the 2 ownership reviews as good as these, you got a tough job to better them in official review.

But the plus side is you know to do that.
Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowspy View Post
Congratulations on your new car! The Creta looks amazing. They are still a rare sight on the roads but I'm sure that will change soon since one glimpse of it is all you need to want one for yourself as well. This is a car on which both mind and heart will agree.
Thanks a lot. Yes, it's very rare here. I have seen only one on road till now. Lot of people do stare at the car and a guy even came inside my office when he spotted the car parked. I was happy to show the car to him. That will all change here after august 17th (auspicious date). There are 100 deliveries arranged by one major dealer here across it's 5-6 showrooms. Then it will slowly be a common sight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Congrats Naveen. Am impulsive decision you wouldn't regret!! Wishing you happy miles (Till your next impulse takes over )
Wonderful report and wonderful snaps - pretty detailed for a so called 'short-report'
Bold statement in the knowledge that Dhanush is not in town?
Thanks a lot Praveen. Ya, good thing he isnt here. But I didnt mean to offend anyone. I just cant digest the fact that I need to pay close to 18-19L for it. Car is definitely good, but the niggles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShankarG View Post
Well written accompanied by good pictures. Many Congratulations Sir on your new Buy. Hope you have many safe miles ahead.
How did you dispose off your Ecosport? Some Exchange plan with the Hyundai's or open market sale?

Try switching off the car before you open the door. The Chime be quiet. It is only a reminder beep in case the door is open with Stop Start switch on "Ignition On" mode and warn the driver in case any door has got unlocked/ or hasn't been shut properly. You will have to bear it if required to step out with ignition on.
Thanks a lot Shankar. I sold the ecosport to my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
First of all a hearty Congrats for your new car. This is going to be another success story for Hyundai for sure.

I agree with you that the front end does look like a mini santa fe. But as you've said, I don't like the rear end design. It's a bit bland to be fair. Also I think they could have packed some more info in the MID. Avg economy, DTE would have been nice additions. Nevertheless, enjoy your drive.
Thanks a lot. Yes, I do miss those features. Add those and quite a few more then you have a very good product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapeco View Post
Congrats Naveen Wishing you many Happy Miles of Safe and Pleasant driving in your new beauty

Wow! another detailed Creta ownership review in less than a week, but the first of the Diesel variant and that too the SX(O).

A well deserved 5 stars.
Thanks a lot for that. I thought of coming up with the report in couple of weeks after getting the car to a good location for a proper photo shoot. Then "Creta Man" asked me not to wait and come up at the same time as his report. So took some pictures in the morning and compiled the report in the night. That's why you see very less exterior photos. Will be adding more pictures in the coming weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Congos Naveen for the crisp review.That was a quick upgrade from the ecosport. With the S cross pricing out I feel the Creta makes more sense.Happy mile munching .
PS- I would suggest to remove the Deutsche symbol from the number plate. IND would have been better.
Thanks a lot Rakesh. I had changed my mind and decided to go in for the IND symbol but the guy forgot about it. Never mind, it's just a sticker on top of IND so can remove it anytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpaul View Post
Hearty Congrats Naveen on your new ride. Wish you safe and happy long drives in your new SUV.:-)

Thanks for the detailed review on Creta Diesel and nice comparison on your experience in driving ecosport and creta
Thanks a lot Alex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Congrats Naveen! Waiting to see the headlight upgrade similar to your Swift and Ecosport
Thanks a lot. Just upgrading the lights to HID's. Thats all. Come on, dont tempt me so early. It's been only a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Congratulations Naveen!

Thank you for superb write up on your new car. You and RavenRavi made things a lot more difficult for GTO and team for upcoming official review. Now they need a microscope to look for additional details in Creta.
Thanks a lot for those kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnersPride View Post
Congrats Naveen on your Creta. Crisp review with great pictures. What happened to your Ecosport, if I may ask? Sold it off?

Wish you all the very best.
Thanks a lot. Yes, sold it to my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_dude View Post
Congrats on your new ride!! The Create in white with those 17" Diamond cut alloys looks really awesome.

Quick question regarding the integrated LED's, do they work as full time DRL's or they are like parking lights similar to XUV500?
Thanks a lot. Totally agree on that. I almost went for the SX+ variant. Wife changed my mind. Nope, they are parking lights.
naveen.raju is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 17:03   #37
BHPian

Congratulations on your new drive. Nicely written with excellent pictures. This is what i call Tailgating Ravenavi
Yet when i look at the onroad price, I still am
RedDevil_KP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 17:28   #38
BHPian

One more review.

Congratulations Naveen! SX(O) variant is simply stunning in white. Those alloys i tell you! You can cover the gloss black pillar in Carbon fiber. The chrome grills both front and back and the pillar all covered in carbon fiber would make the car look meaner. ( just my opinion )

Wishing you miles of safe and niggle free ownership.
Amarendranath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 17:59   #39
BHPian

Many congratulations Naveen, that was a nice and detailed review. I think the Creta looks absolutely smashing in white! And i absolutely love those 17" Diamond Cut Alloys, that would be the sole reason to push my budget to get the SX(O) over the SX+!!!
abhii176 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 18:18   #40
BHPian

Two super comprehensive and beautifully written reviews of the Creta in a span of 3 days. Really, what a treat for us bhpians!
Congrats on your latest piece of machinery sir! Hope you will have a smile every time you take her out of the garage.
Do update this thread regularly. I'll be religiously following it. Rated 5 stars, subscribed!
PS: The first picture of the italicised 'h'is beautiful!

Last edited by Turbo_asd : 5th August 2015 at 18:21.
Turbo_asd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 18:50   #41
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Nice, crisp review and excellent pictures. The vehicle meets your requirements very well. Looks good in white.

Hope to get frequent updates, especially modifications as you had done with your Ecosport. Rating 5 stars.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 19:05   #42
BHPian

Congratulations naveen.raju, Wish you safe and happy miles ahead with your Creta. I wish it had come to the marked a year back,, would defnitely have gone for it, at-least a mid variant, the top spec would have been out off my budget.
Hyundai has priced it high, but guess there is a good number of buyers willing to pay premium for this SUV,
Hemant_Joshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 19:17   #43
BHPian

Congrats Naveen on the Creta.
I've became a huge fan of new generation Hyundai's looks and finish. Top class review - five star rated. It was actually a shocker that you sold your fairly new EcoSport and bought Creta. Anyways, I love both .
Drive safe and happy miles.
Sreehari

PS - You've changed cars twice after I joined TeamBHP. My Ritz is still chugging happily.
shk 8896 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 19:25   #44

Congrats naveen.raju, that is indeed a beautiful car. I am in the market for one as well. Did you consider the Automatic as a choice at all? Since, you happen to have got the SX(O), I would assume that price was not a factor for not considering the Automatic. In case you did, please spell out your thoughts and pros and cons, if you can. Thanks and congrats once again on a brilliant ride.
saranhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 19:35   #45
BHPian

I have to say that I admire the way you purchased the Creta.

You didn't bother about losing value on resale of the Ecospsort, you didn't bother Hyundai being not so favorite among the enthusiasts, and you were pretty sure on what you wanted to have.

That's a great way to lead life, caring of nobody's opinion and not caring about materialistic calculations all the time, to influence the choices we make in life.

Wish you a good ownership experience and a lot of happy miles!
CliffHanger is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed