Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2015, 11:58   #61
BHPian

Re: It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)

Congrats on the buy ! Thanks for the review and those amazing pics. I always wonder if the people from God's own country have a knack for taking beautiful pics :-). You have indeed set the bar higher for the official review. Happy and Proud to be a bhpian !!
sbkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 14:59   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Terrific review with great pictures. Wishing you many kilometers of happy ownership.

Any reason for not considering the S-cross? It's got the engine with more torque and got an impressive feature list.

Eagerly waiting for more pictures.
Thanks a lot. I didnt consider any other car. Yes, that engine on the S cross is really impressive but the car looks so bland. Can never call it an SUV and I am not really interested in paying so much for maruti. The service is turning out to be really expensive nowadays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Congrats on the buy ! Thanks for the review and those amazing pics. I always wonder if the people from God's own country have a knack for taking beautiful pics :-). You have indeed set the bar higher for the official review. Happy and Proud to be a bhpian !!
Thanks a lot for those kind comments Kumar. .
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 16:26   #63
BHPian

Congratulations on the CRETA! I for one can certainty understand your impulse ecosport sale because like you I have sold my Ford Ecosport just recently.

However I am right now confused about my next ride between XUV AT & CRETA AT. I looked at CRETA and now feel its a size bigger than Ecosport and looks like an upgrade (which I was not convinced earlier). I also wanted your opinion on the seat comfort since somehow felt the CRETA seat was not comfortable and found the arm rest intruding in a way that it makes it very cramped. Do you get the same feeling now that you have been using it for long?

I am keeping my fingers crossed that the CRETA is launched with a 6 speed Automatic Petrol soon since my usage does not warrant a Diesel. Till such time we will keep glued to your thread and RavenAvi thread to keep us dreaming about our next ride. Having been an avid follower of your previous thread, I am also looking forward to your Mods on the CRETA

Since my car purchase is planned only in 2016, I am biding my time to ensure I don't sell my next car in 2 years like I sold the Ecosport. In fact I have booked my tickets & stay in Delhi for the Auto expo hoping for something new to fit my requirements perfectly.

Wishing you many more happy mile crunching days ahead once again!

Last edited by urajkumar : 10th August 2015 at 16:33.
urajkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 19:53   #64
BHPian

Hi Naveen, Thanks for the review
I have booked the Creta SX 1.6 silver. Did not go for the SX+ as I felt it to be less VFM than the SX or the SX(O). Hyundais are bashed for poor steering and handling. Is it true that the steering feel and handling is very bad compared to the competetion ? How would you rate the creta for Kerala / Kochi road driving scenario?? (poor roads and strictly <110 kmph two lane highways)
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 21:43   #65
BHPian

Congratulations for your Hyundai Creta. Nice review, good photographs and seems you are enjoying with your new crossover. I have booked White Hyundai Creta SX (O) for which the dealer informed 40 days waiting period. And I didn't notice the limitations in MID and I strongly feel Hyundai should have provided some of the most useful informations in it.
Do u have any idea about the exact ground clearance of the Hyundai Creta SX (O) model as the sales executive himself was confused sir.
pjegadeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 06:52   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Congratulations on the CRETA! I for one can certainty understand your impulse ecosport sale because like you I have sold my Ford Ecosport just recently.

I also wanted your opinion on the seat comfort since somehow felt the CRETA seat was not comfortable and found the arm rest intruding in a way that it makes it very cramped. Do you get the same feeling now that you have been using it for long?

Wishing you many more happy mile crunching days ahead once again!
Thanks a lot uraj. I do find the seat comfortable but not as hugging as ecosport (thanks to the lumbar). The front armrest lacks the sliding mechanism but didnt find it uncomfortable but found it difficult to buckle the seat belts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Hi Naveen, Thanks for the review
I have booked the Creta SX 1.6 silver. Did not go for the SX+ as I felt it to be less VFM than the SX or the SX(O). Hyundais are bashed for poor steering and handling. Is it true that the steering feel and handling is very bad compared to the competetion ? How would you rate the creta for Kerala / Kochi road driving scenario?? (poor roads and strictly <110 kmph two lane highways)
Thanks Sandy. When compared to the ecosport, the steering is light but they do improve with speed. In poor roads, the creta wins easily and as for the handling in triple digit speed, I think it would be the ecospot. I did have a chance to take the creta to triple digit speeds (airport road). It wasnt that bad but on curves, I think ecosport was better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjegadeesh View Post
Congratulations for your Hyundai Creta. Nice review, good photographs and seems you are enjoying with your new crossover. I have booked White Hyundai Creta SX (O) for which the dealer informed 40 days waiting period. And I didn't notice the limitations in MID and I strongly feel Hyundai should have provided some of the most useful informations in it.
Do u have any idea about the exact ground clearance of the Hyundai Creta SX (O) model as the sales executive himself was confused sir.
Thanks a lot and congrats on your ride too. Yes, the MID is missing some very useful information. As for the ground clearance, it's 190mm.
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 09:16   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I think I'm going to hang up my official review boots
Buddy, have you seriously dropped the official review of the creta?? Guess this is the most anticipated review (keeping all the wannabe reviews aside..) on this forum, can you please confirm if we have left with this review only for the Creta??
Old 11th August 2015, 10:07   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

@naveen raju- short sweet thread for one sweet ride. I am seriously tempted by the SX(O) as well but the problem is I have got a bit too used to my slushbox now! Will wait and watch if the AT gets this trim as well. Considering that our garages share(d) a Swift and Vento, albeit in different trims, I'm not too surprised about this

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
Buddy, have you seriously dropped the official review of the creta?? Guess this is the most anticipated review (keeping all the wannabe reviews aside..) on this forum, can you please confirm if we have left with this review only for the Creta??
That was a joke . Of course we will officially review the Creta. But it's nice when members post excellent in-depth ownership reviews so quickly, isn't it?
noopster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 21:01   #69
BHPian

Congratulations Naveen.Raju!

I drove the exact same spec vehicle recently for another website and loved everything about the car. Frankly couldn't find a single flaw in the vehicle except perhaps the lack of an automatic in the top end variant. It is quite spacious too. I am 5.11 and have tendency to push the seat all the way back but i could still sit behind that seat setting which says a lot about the space inside.

Anyone looking at the Creta and who are unhappy with the pricing should check it out in person, drive it and they will see their perspective change!

Curious to know about your headlight upgrade. Do post a detailed write up on that please!

Wish you many happy miles with this one!
miharbe is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 07:00   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
@naveen raju- short sweet thread for one sweet ride. I am seriously tempted by the SX(O) as well but the problem is I have got a bit too used to my slushbox now! Will wait and watch if the AT gets this trim as well. Considering that our garages share(d) a Swift and Vento, albeit in different trims, I'm not too surprised about this
Thanks a lot Anoop. Yes, I know you love the AT. I still remember the picture of your happy face when driving your Vento AT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
Congratulations Naveen.Raju!

Curious to know about your headlight upgrade. Do post a detailed write up on that please!

Wish you many happy miles with this one!
Thanks a lot. No major headlight upgrade. Will change the bulbs to HIDs (P8) next month. I just bought an accessory yesterday so a bit tight this month
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 09:11   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Accessory Update:- Bike Carrier

This was something that I wanted right when I bought the ecosport. Decided to go ahead this time. Thule was the one I wanted. Went to a local shop dealing in Thule and was taken aback when I heard the price. I was expecting 14k-15k but 23k for two bars was really shocking. Wonder whether he was trying to fool me.

I knew Hyundai had this as an accessory for the i20 Active. But knowing OE accessories would cost a bomb, I thought I would skip it. Called my SA and told the MRP was close to 15k but said he would give it for 13k. And since this comes with the bike carrier, it was a pretty good deal. Paid for the kit and got it installed. Planning to paint or sticker the bars black.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0012.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0013.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0014.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0015.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0016.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 10:50   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Accessory Update:- Bike Carrier

This was something that I wanted right when I bought the ecosport. Decided to go ahead this time. Thule was the one I wanted.
Congrats Naveen! It looks pretty neat. The OEM pricing really surprised me. Its a deal. I am waiting for my SX(O). It should be delivered by Aug 15th. Look forward to it.
jeetaman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 10:58   #73
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaman View Post

Congrats Naveen! It looks pretty neat. The OEM pricing really surprised me. Its a deal. I am waiting for my SX(O). It should be delivered by Aug 15th. Look forward to it.
Congrats Jeet. Hope to see your Creta soon.

What color have you chosen? With your running, I guess you have chosen the 1.6 Petrol engine.
Old 12th August 2015, 12:27   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congrats Jeet. Hope to see your Creta soon.

What color have you chosen? With your running, I guess you have chosen the 1.6 Petrol engine.
Thanks Anurag. I am going with White 1.6 Diesel SX(O).
jeetaman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2015, 16:25   #75
MSC
BHPian

Congratulations for the new ride. The pride and joy of owning a "just launched" vehicle is something which only an owner can feel.
The nice pictures complete a nice review.
MSC is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks