Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2019, 18:10   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)

Accessory Update:- Dashcam

Dashcam was always on my list since I had used one in the Ecosport. I wasn't sure on the brands and some good ones were a bit expensive here. I narrowed down my search to Aukey DR02 after going through BHPian gk1234's thread and decided on it. Ordered it on amazon.com (It was around $69) and my cousin carried it over for me.

My wife had bought a GoPro last month but that was never intended to be used as a dashcam although the video quality tempts me (Have shared a sample clip in my previous post). Maybe I should mount it when I drive through some picturesque locations .

Anyways, the box had the following contents which includes:
- Dashcam
- Cable (long enough to run through the A pillar to the charging socket)
- Charging Adapter (loved that it's got two slots)
- 2 brackets
- 2 extra 3M tapes
- 6 brackets to slot the wires
- Warranty card (2 years)
- Manual

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20190305_115733.jpg

View of the dashcam from outside and inside

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20190306_174452.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20190306_174602.jpg

Here are some sample clips:

Shot at 720p (Approx 180mb for a 3 minute clip)

Shot at 1080p (Approx 300mb for a 3 minute clip)

naveen.raju is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th March 2019, 09:33   #242
BHPian

@Naveen: From your sample clips, I see that it records the audio as well. Is there an option to turn of audio recording?
Old 28th March 2019, 19:26   #243
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
@Naveen: From your sample clips, I see that it records the audio as well. Is there an option to turn of audio recording?
Yes, you have the option to turn off audio.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2019, 16:53   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

A Quick Getaway!

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0006.jpg

With the temperature scale hitting a record high with unbearable heat and humidity, we didn't need any excuse for a quick getaway. We decided on the following:

1) Preferably near
2) Hill station
3) Somewhere new

The above combination was near impossible since Ooty, Kodai and Munnar were off the list. Since we had planned this on a weekday and before the summer vacation, we knew getting a resort wouldn't be hard.

So finally we decided on this (Wife wasn't particularly happy when she saw this):

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20190326_104309.jpg

Since we had few days/nights to spend, we chose two resorts:
1) Club Mahindra
2) Great Trails - GRT Hotels

We were surprised to see the resorts almost full but the town was totally empty. Both resorts were pretty good with good food and rooms. The climate was pleasant and night was chilly (something that we missed in Cochin). Overall, it was a good place if you want to relax and not explore. We did drive to some local tourist spots (view point) but the resort gave an even better view. The school (which made this town famous) was closed to tourists as examinations were on but we did drive around the vast property.

Road conditions
1) Roads in Kerala were pretty good but got crowded while coming back.
2) Kuthiran was very slow due to heavy vehicles and thanks to a movie shooting that was happening inside the Kuthiran tunnel.
3) Fastag lane was closed at Paliyekkara toll while coming back which added more time to the travel. Every other Fastag lanes were a bliss.
4) L&T - Joke (don't want to comment further since we have more rants happening in the other thread).
5) Salem town was super crowded thanks to road construction.
6) Ghat section was empty and in good condition.

Now for some pictures

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0001.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-dsc_0008.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20190326_175343.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20190326_175442.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20190326_175447.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20190326_175557.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20190326_175638.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20190326_175733.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img_20190326_180015.jpg

If you still haven't guessed the place, it's Yercaud .

Odo - 45xxx kms
naveen.raju is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 10:23   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

4th anniversary update:

Yet another year passed few weeks back and it was time for some goodies for the car. I wanted few things done for the car but was satisfied with the stock features provided. I have a sub woofer lying with me for few years but holding that for now.

The only thing that came to my mind was detailing since the car was all stock with no treatment done before. The paint was feeling a bit rough and yellowish and I knew this would be the best time for it. Next question that came to my mind was whether to do the basic detailing or ceramic coating.After going through the thread here and talking to couple of guys, I decided to get it done. My regular wash outlet had started ceramic coating and discussed with them on the best available treatment for the car.

The car was pretty dirty when I left it for the treatment.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-before-1.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-before-9.jpg

And this was how they returned it.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-after-7.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-after-11.jpg

Full details and pictures of the ceramic coating can be seen here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other...ve-cochin.html (Professional Detailing | Ceramic Coating | Car Care - DBS Automotive, Cochin)

Next upgrade was quite an obvious one - Tyre. Yes, it was pending for a long time and the tyre had reached it's maximum. I had looked at various options as recommended by many. I had initially selected Michelin but then almost bought Yokohama. I then decided to get the stock tyre (Bridgestone) since it served me well and took me through the worst possible roads.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img20190813171450.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img20190813175105.jpg

Couple of drives coming up this year which I shall update here.

Odo stands at 495xx kms

Last edited by naveen.raju : 14th August 2019 at 10:25.
naveen.raju is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 13:14   #246
BHPian

How was the pricing on the Bridgestone's? Replaced 4 or 5?
Old 14th August 2019, 16:23   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC View Post
How was the pricing on the Bridgestone's? Replaced 4 or 5?
3. Came around 11.2k per tyre. I already had a new tyre that I changed few months back. So got only 3.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2019, 17:12   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post

My wife had bought a GoPro last month but that was never intended to be used as a dashcam although the video quality tempts me (Have shared a sample clip in my previous post). Maybe I should mount it when I drive through some picturesque locations .
Which GoPro do you have?? Whats the advantages of GoPro over dash cam? I have transcend 220 & 550 dash cam doing their duties perfectly. Mounting it outside at our preferred location would capture things in a different perspective (hoping it would hold irrespective of speed the car does) thats tempting me to go for one.
Old 17th August 2019, 17:38   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Which GoPro do you have?? Whats the advantages of GoPro over dash cam? I have transcend 220 & 550 dash cam doing their duties perfectly. Mounting it outside at our preferred location would capture things in a different perspective (hoping it would hold irrespective of speed the car does) thats tempting me to go for one.
I have the Hero+ LCD. The only advantage I see is the clarity and I didn't buy this as a substitute for a dash cam. Wife got it when she went abroad as the price was pretty good.

The original mount should stick well on the car's surface since that's what GoPro is meant to do. So didn't take a chance on the mount and got the original accessory. IIRC, the mount was somewhere around 3k-3.5k. If you are planning to do something adventurous, get the original mount. It's worth it.
Old 17th September 2019, 13:50   #250
BHPian

Hi Naveen,
I need to replace the battery of both the keys. The authorized service center quoted 900 rs.
Do you think we can do on our own?. Also, how do we ensure the battery is original? ( If we buy it elsewhere)

Quote:
Changing Key Fob Battery

The warning had started showing on the MID for few months now (occasionally). Decided to change it yesterday.

There are few videos on Youtube showing how it's done.

1) Press and remove the manual key from the key fob.
2) Insert a screwdriver in the slot as shown in the below picture and twist it. The entire key fob will open up.

Attachment 1729275

3) Once you open it, you will find these inside the key.

Attachment 1729276

4) The battery will be below the circuit and you can remove the battery using the screwdriver.
Old 17th September 2019, 14:08   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
Hi Naveen,
I need to replace the battery of both the keys. The authorized service center quoted 900 rs.
Do you think we can do on our own?. Also, how do we ensure the battery is original? ( If we buy it elsewhere)
Yes you can buy it online from Amazon and replace the battery. I see from Naveen's post that it's a coin cell battery and the model number of the same should me mentioned in your owners manual. Once you know this model number you can order online or even visit a watch repair shop who will have these in stock.

Panasonic, Maxell are popular brands along with many others. This battery should cost you less than 60 bucks.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 16:49   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
Hi Naveen,
Like Parag pointed out, this is a complete DIY. 900 is daylight robbery. I went with Maxell and the model number is CR2032. Will take less than 5 mins.
Old 17th February 2020, 11:58   #253
Distinguished - BHPian

Yearly Service

It was a routine service that was carried out on the car. The last service was carried out at 43K and now the odo stands at 54k kms. Noticed considerable change this time as the car feels really smooth now (I had asked them to lube the clutch pedal this time as it felt heavy). I had this idea of replacing the clutch since I felt it heavy but they advised me to check this during the next service. Brake pads will last for another 3k-4k kms (might replace this after my Goa drive) and advised me to get the injectors cleaned then as well (that's approx 7k).

It was a pleasant experience at the HASS (day and night difference when compared to the earlier dealer). Have also booked an appointment to get the i10 serviced tomorrow as well.

Service cost - 6800

Pending items to be done before the drive in April:
1) Wheel alignment and balancing (will get that done in couple of weeks).
2) Wipers (Planning to go for the stock wipers). My second set from Bosch was a disaster.

The old filters

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img20200216105334.jpg

Parting Shot

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img20200216080848.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-img20200216080832.jpg

Last edited by Samurai : 17th February 2020 at 13:27. Reason: added cost
naveen.raju is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 09:26   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Been using Bosch for sometime and the last set didn't last long even though I always keep it upright when I park the car.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-20200919_162329.jpg

Saw many good reviews on Valeo so decided to give that a try. Ordered it from Boodmo for around 320/-. This was the first that I tried Boodmo and it was pretty good experience. Packaging was excellent and I got constant updates on WhatsApp.

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-20200919_162239.jpg

It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O)-20200920_090630.jpg

Nothing else to report since the running is very less these days. Odo is nearing 59k kms.
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 11:49   #255
BHPian

Quote:
4th anniversary update:

Next upgrade was quite an obvious one - Tyre
Couple of drives coming up this year which I shall update here.

Odo stands at 495xx kms
naveen.raju - Any reason why you rejected Michelin, Yokohama and Conti ? Would like to understand your view on the same

How is the Bridgestone performing ?

Regards

-Sateesh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks